Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tektonic  Online
No Caption Provided

Season 2 Synopsis:

Following Zeus’ demise, a power vacuum emerges amongst the gods, leaving Heron, Zeus’ demigod son, struggling to find his place. He is racked with loss and hears a mysterious refrain in his dreams, prodding him to save his brother, Seraphim, who is suffering the terrors of the Underworld. Unbeknownst to Heron, Hades is trying to enlist Seraphim to help him secure Zeus’ vacant throne and save his family from their long standing suffering.

Trailer and Sneak Peak:

Tags:

@nassergrant19@geekryan@darkphantom9895@straight-fire@eredin12@masterbuster666@pedrolopesmateus@rajjarsalt@jimohkolawol10@j_normal@mickey_mouse@kataraaaa@great_darkness@americanspeeddemon@darkrealm@cosmic_reign@the_wspanialy@cryolancer47@supremegeneration@ashconwell@heiqn@death4bunnies@alphamon@killianduclark@seastone98@mrmonster@eslay03@anthp2000@frozen@bigbaby@marvelfan1992@remyboy@buildhare@mahfire@emmafrostxmen@aystarr @bigdreamer48 @cocacolaman@jdogg@rijehu@last0fth3risen@thevivas

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It’s time.

Heron bouta be the Gohan off all the gods in the show🐐⚡️

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: Ares seems to be getting an upscale

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tektonic  Online

Hmm I definitely will be interested to see how Hades, Hera, Poseidon, Ares, Persephone, Demeter, Athena, and Gaia all scale moving forward.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@nassergrant19 said:

Hmm I definitely will be interested to see how Hades, Hera, Poseidon, Ares, Persephone, Demeter, Athena, and Gaia all scale moving forward.

Based on what I heard it goes

Zeus~Poseidon>Hades>Hera

Ares might move above Hera. Persephone, Demeter, Athena will all be Heron victims I think. Gaia is probably top 1.

Avatar image for platinumfanboy1
Platinumfanboy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sheesh i must rewatch s1 before it.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator

Not interested.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not interested either

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Blud knows he’s gonna solo💀😭

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished S1 minutes ago. Will probably watch S2 just to have context on certain things and bc there'll be nothing else worthwhile to watch. It was alright as a show, I guess? Nothing super-special but it def got a handful of hate it didn't need. The only truly interesting and engaging part - to me - was the emotional conflict between Zeus and Hera. Everything and everyone else was just kinda... eh.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nassergrant19

Finished S1 minutes ago. Will probably watch S2 just to have context on certain things and bc there'll be nothing else worthwhile to watch. It was alright as a show, I guess? Nothing super-special but it def got a handful of hate it didn't need. The only truly interesting and engaging part - to me - was the emotional conflict between Zeus and Hera. Everything and everyone else was just kinda... eh.

Hate? It’s certified fresh on RT and is one of the most liked shows on Netflix. Ohh you mean the vine poll beef? Tellitubbies vs One Piece and Barbie vs BloodofZeus stuff. That shit was fun to watch ngl😭💀

Imo the emotional conflict was the least interesting. It’s basically Hera tryna kill bro’s son for something he didn’t do. The peak parts for me was Heron and Seraphim rivalry.

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whys hades looking like kratos in that pic in the field with persephone

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haircut I guess lol

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be watching

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely be watching and kratos Hades!!

Avatar image for platinumfanboy1
Platinumfanboy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because.... Kratos is greek god and pretty fits for ancient greece climate ? I guess.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration said:

Hate? It’s certified fresh on RT and is one of the most liked shows on Netflix. Ohh you mean the vine poll beef? Tellitubbies vs One Piece and Barbie vs BloodofZeus stuff. That shit was fun to watch ngl😭💀

Imo the emotional conflict was the least interesting. It’s basically Hera tryna kill bro’s son for something he didn’t do. The peak parts for me was Heron and Seraphim rivalry.

Heron and Seraphim - to me - felt bland, predictable, and repeatedly fell flat. Hera and Zeus gave us the same story with a more in-depth look at the emotions going through them. That scene where Hera's calling Zeus out for always being in the mortal world while she keeps his status alive in the heavens was peak to me.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19 said:
@supremegeneration said:

Heron and Seraphim - to me - felt bland, predictable, and repeatedly fell flat. Hera and Zeus gave us the same story with a more in-depth look at the emotions going through them. That scene where Hera's calling Zeus out for always being in the mortal world while she keeps his status alive in the heavens was peak to me.

Hera quite literally tried to kill Zeus’s son for something he didn’t do then tried to kill the entire family with the giants. If you ask me, I don’t see any complexity, just someone who is batshit crazy.

In S2 Heron packing up all the gods so I’m good 😮‍💨

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tektonic  Online
@nassergrant19 said:

Hera quite literally tried to kill Zeus’s son for something he didn’t do then tried to kill the entire family with the giants. If you ask me, I don’t see any complexity, just someone who is batshit crazy.

That's the point. She like the rest of the gods - is petty, vengeful, and selfish. Bound by her love for Zeus, and Olympian politics. In the same breath, Poseidon didn't even care that she brought back the giants, only that she offered them his domain. We shouldn't even get into Zeus who is an awful person.

Many of these gods don't have the moral high ground. That shouldn't be mixed up with being one note.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@nassergrant19 said:

That's the point. She like the rest of the gods - is petty, vengeful, and selfish. Bound by her love for Zeus, and Olympian politics. In the same breath, Poseidon didn't even care that she brought back the giants, only that she offered them his domain. We shouldn't even get into Zeus who is an awful person.

Many of these gods don't have the moral high ground. That shouldn't be mixed up with being one note.

While that’s true I don’t see how it makes them complex. Hera’s behavior is pretty consistent. I think S2 will flesh it out more though.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tektonic  Online

While that’s true I don’t see how it makes them complex. Hera’s behavior is pretty consistent. I think S2 will flesh it out more though.

Well she's not defined by one attribute. It's like saying Seraphim is just angry all the time. And it would be more plausible given his horrific treatment of civilians,. But they both show signs of some depth outside their crimes.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@nassergrant19 said:

Well she's not defined by one attribute. It's like saying Seraphim is just angry all the time. And it would be more plausible given his horrific treatment of civilians,. But they both show signs of some depth outside their crimes.

What else would you say?

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tektonic  Online

@tektonic said:
@nassergrant19 said:

What else would you say?

Well she represents marriage, law, royalty/divinity. Her love is balanced out by her extreme hatred and vengeful flare.

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay,Thanks for it.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tektonic: Please remove me from your BoZ tags.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By marvelfan1992

im on episode 1. why was hestia hard struggling against those random gargoyle-like stuff? the gods seem kinda mid aside from the zeus poseidon and hera (and probs hades later on)

also, are all those characters fighting for olympus all gods and demi-gods or did they have random human soldiers on their side?

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok just finished the season. pretty disappointed with the feats. I thought we would get more this season as it focused more on the gods, but meh. However, I really enjoyed the actual show and story. I thought it would get predictable and cheesy but I didn't find that to be the case personally. And the ending sheeesh

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tektonic  Online
@marvelfan1992 said:

ok just finished the season. pretty disappointed with the feats. I thought we would get more this season as it focused more on the gods, but meh. However, I really enjoyed the actual show and story. I thought it would get predictable and cheesy but I didn't find that to be the case personally. And the ending sheeesh

I also just finished, for the long wait it was an underwhelming season. Too much backstory, not enough utilization of the cast, very slow pace, meh fights. Not a feats/VS person, but nothing that topped S1 by that metric either.

Overall okay, will put some notes later.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KillianDuclark

What a nothing burger of a season...

I don't even mean just in terms of feats but like as an engaging story overall.

The pacing was atrociously slow, the dialogue felt try hard and nonsensical at times. The animation seemed downgraded and everything in general seemed mediocre.

The first four episodes in particular was wasted on Seraphim's bullshit redemption arc filled with your cliche dead GF nonsense mixed with a meandering fetch quest that wasn't at all engaging.

I couldn't care less about Heron or Serpahim's character arcs overall because they were so mind numbingly boring and predictable it was genuinely amazing.

The only interesting aspect of the series (the god's specifically the Olympian god family drama) takes a huge back seat in lieu of Hades whose storyline was equally as boring as the Seraphim and Heron storylines.

And don't get me started on the absolutely contrived reason Gaia gave for unleashing Typhon. Like what? Her entire motivation boiled down to a "if you guy's can't play nice I guess I'll just have to nuke everybody".

God-damn what a mediocre season. 3/10. Do not recommended. Only good thing about it was that it made me realize how much of a Greek myth buff I apparently am. I caught all the subtle jokes like the reference to Apollo's dead BF Hyacinth via discus and I already knew the final titan would be Typhon before they finally said it.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nassergrant19

So peak. They really fleshed out Seraphim’s character and made him into one my favorites. Heron got GOAT development as well. Hades was compelling as well.

Yes we didn’t get feats outside of new scaling on top of the multi-mountain+ stuff. However, I think focusing on story was a good move this season. Last season had more action but less focus on character depth. This season gave both and it paid off cuz RT+the Critics loved it even more than Season 1.

I think they’re saving the feats for next season as they have a common enemy in Typhon. Someone hyped above Giants and Titans combined. Which clearly places him in a tier above the Multi-Mountain+ gods.

Which really begs into question how crazy Anatolia is for being able to seal that power with hax.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@tektonic: Can you drop me from the tags for Blood of Zeus

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tektonic  Online

My Review:

Things I liked:

• Some of the character arcs are good
    • I partially liked the sequence with Hades men during the war on Olympus
    • Hades and Persephone get a good amount of backstory
      • Ares is gross btw
    • Heron learning about forgiveness
    • Seraphim has an interesting arc, he does show some change towards being better, though it's a mixed bag
    • Hera trying to be a voice of reason is an interesting development
  • I liked Gaia's inclusion in the story as the overseer here
  • I think the fight with the talon was good
  • I think it was fair for Zeus to be sent to Tartarus
  • Interested to see Typhon though it was very easy to guess it was him

Things I didn't like:

• Hestia struggling with fodder
  • Athena getting built up as the brawns and brains only to not get a chance to do anything noteworthy
  • Hades is quite boring tbh he has no edge, he also has no interesting powers
  • Apollo, Hermes, Aphrodite, Artemis, Dionysus, Athena, Hestia, and Hephaestus are all like wallpaper with cameos
    • The funeral games was such a great opportunity to have all the gods show off, instead it's just a Ares vs Heron montage
  • Heron's group continue to be uninspiring
    • One guy randomly leaves
    • The other one has an unexplained need to follow Gaia
    • That Amazonian lady stays being support and nothing else(though we learn a minor detail about her family)
  • The side quest to help the villagers is boring, uneventful, and unimpressive, these characters are monotone
  • Electra has stockholm syndrome, you definitely weren't living in poverty so you can have a good afterlife lol
  • Seraphim's arc is lacking proper foundation as it's centered on a newly written in love interest, and he previously showed no remorse at his trial for the unnamed villagers he slaughtered so it's hard to sympathize with him IMO
  • Hera's has lost her personality and also doesn't fight at all
  • The maze was good in theory but instead of anything intelligent occurring like what Theseus did they just bulldoze through it
  • The flashback sequences aren't up to par, we learn and see very little. Comparing it with the Gigantomachy from S1 is night and day
  • Also wayyyyy too many flashbacks to S1 or in general taking away from the present
  • The final battle is very low octave, unimpressive moves and choreography, rushed etc.

Overall 4-5/10. was expecting more.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That might honestly have been the most boring season premiere I'e ever seen.

EDIT: Good grief the first two episodes were a chore. Could've been combined into one.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just let me know when Castlevania comes back on.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started the third episode last night, and I only finished it now. Fell asleep after 14 minutes of boring, took another break after like 11 more boring minutes today, finished the last bit just now.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S2 seems to be a huge success

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points