A theory for 'Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.' (major spoilers ahead)

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Kal'smahboi

My theory begins back in episode 14, or T.A.H.I.T.I. After the team, consisting of Coulson, Ward, Fitz and Garrett, enter the Guest House facility, they are met by two armed guards whose duties are to defend the facility with their lives. When the agents do not know the response to a coded sign, the two guards go to arms and a shootout begins. The agents take them out fairly easily (if the viewer ignores the explosives lining the building.) Garrett personally kills one of the guards and takes his ID to learn his name.

No Caption Provided

He says (paraphrasing here): "Sorry, Bob. No hard feelings."

This is when my ears perked up ever so slightly. We knew that Nick Fury ordered Coulson's medical procedures at this mysterious facility, but we also knew that it was not actually a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility. Aware (based on previews) that the upcoming Captain America: The Winder Soldier was going to involve corruption in the upper echelons of S.H.I.E.L.D., H.Y.D.R.A. had been on my mind. My exciting, but brief, thought was: "Did Garret just kill H.Y.D.R.A. Bob?!"

Why in the world was that line in the script? It served no purpose to the plot or characters at all, except possibly as a small preview to fans.

The return of H.Y.D.R.A. in The Winter Soldier brought this unlikely association back to my mind momentarily, but there was no subsequent mention. It was to remain exactly that, an unpurposeful coincidence...

...until episode 18. Titled Providence, this episode showed Garrett gathering his H.Y.D.R.A. forces, including putting Raina back in charge of his supersoldier program, Centipede. Only this time, she was armed with the mysterious blue drug that revived Skye, and that resurrected Coulson. These vials of liquid were all numbered differently however, and none "worked quite right."

He reveals the body of a man that he had tested a drug on:

Quite the looker. But where have I seen that beautiful rotten, pustule-covered mug before?
    Quite the looker. But where have I seen that beautiful rotten, pustule-covered mug before?

Who does that remind me of, especially when I consider people that are associated with H.Y.D.R.A. Bob?

That's right. Deadpool!
    That's right. Deadpool!

I think they may be gearing up for the revival of Wade Wilson, and the introduction of Deadpool in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's a long shot. I'm aware.

But what do you think, Viners? Is this theory as crazy as Deadpool, or is there a chance we might find the Regeneratin' Degenerate on prime time television?

bgibbs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That's an interesting theory. It might be the best chance at getting a good live action Deadpool, and on a weekly basis

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bgibbs3: Thanks, it was just thought :) I honestly don't expect anything to come of it.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kal'smahboi

As a follow-up:

After episode 20, Nothing Personal, my gut feelings have only grown. I thought that as the season went on, the evidence would pass farther and farther from my theory, but the revelation at the end of episode 20 has only strengthened it.

That is all.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Holy Sh*t.

I hope that's true

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.