Follow

Barry Allen

Character » Barry Allen appears in 5165 issues.

Having discovered his mother murdered and his father blamed for the act, forensic scientist Barry Allen sought to clear his father's name and find the real killer. After being doused in chemicals and struck by lightning, Barry was granted the gift of super-speed. Now he protects his hometown of Central City as The Flash, the fastest man alive and founding member of the Justice League.

DCEU The Flash Respect Thread

Time_and_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok,i´m making this to showcase that DC Extended Universe Barry Allen´s version is not featless. Sure, as of it we did not have any solid/many feats for Flash and yeah, this thread will include more feats as his movies comes out but this thread is to show some respect and feats for DCEU´s The Flash so please,enjoy it.

Speed:

0:28-0:32 - In this part it shows a official animated concept art of the Flash saving a victim from getting striked by a bullet. We can see that he appears out of nowhere,from behind the burgler afther the bullet has been fired and still manages to catch the bullet.

I found some sources when i was looking for the speed of a bullet and i found this:

The problem is that sound travels at 768 miles per hour (1,126 feet per second)—about half the speed of the bullet. In this case, the bullet would hit you before you even heard the gun fire off.

The speed of a bullet is faster than the speed of sound itself making impossible for a human to dodge a bullet even if he was in front of it. What makes this more impresive is that we could see the bullet making sonic booms as it travels in the trajectory of the victim and since he started to afther the bullet had been fired it would be phisicaly impossible for him to even reach it. But he not only does reach it but he catches it,coming from behind the crook afther the bullet has been fired managing to save the victim.

0:32-0:41- Ezra Miller,the actor that portrays Barry Allen in the movies, states some of the charathers powers and abilities including: Running through walls, running across water and moving so fast that he can move to another plane of frequency where there´s another reality.

0:00-0:39 First,i want to state something. People are going to think that this was only a nightmare that Bruce had. I think differently. I think that through out the entire movie,Bruce was having visions in the form of dreams/nightmares.

Somehow,he was reciving visions of the future. That was why he would even have the idea to form a team of warriors to fight against a out of this world force (Justice League).

But moving on,in the video we can see that Bruce had a vision about the Flash warning him. This should prove that Flash is fast enough to run back in time or,to quote Ezra Miller, ''He can move so fast that he can move to another plane of frequency where there´s another reality''.

1:17-1:36 Barry Allen could tackle a thief before he could even pull the trigger and came back to where he was in less than a second. We can also note that he trows the robber very far away showing some degree of strength.

Check out what video you think it´s better. The first one is a short version of The Flash´s cameo in Suicide Squad. He easily knocks out and tackles/blitzes Captain Boomerang.

1:17-1:50 He easily percives,notices and dodges Bruce Wayne trowing a batarang at him. He ''slows down'' time itself by moving at extreme high speeds. He just quickly steps out of the way with all of the calm in the world,notices the blade shaped as a bat,stops just to stare at Wayne for a few seconds realizing he is actually Batman ,looks to the Batarang again and easily grabs it out of the air easily with no rush what so ever. Bruce complimented him stating that he is fast.

Blades are not as fast as bullets,not even close, but they are still fast. Notice that Batman trows it with all of his strength. In that BvS warehouse scene if i recall correctly,he trows a Batarang at a mercenary and the Batarang hits the merc in less than a second so i would call a preety impresive feat for Barry.

2:10 He dodges a plasma beam. I don´t know the speed of one but if they are as fast or faster than bullets it is a very impresive feat.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not.A.Battle.

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this isn't a battle. I'd advise moving it to Gen. Discussion promptly.

I don't think it's worth making a respect thread now. We've seen a few low-end supersonic feats, so what? We can expect that Ezra Miller's Flash will surpass CW Flash in speed significantly, given general DCEU power levels. Him easily reacting to bullets should be nothing of note, and I can guarantee it will be a feat far on the low end of the spectrum by the time we see more Justice League material - it's just not appropriate for a respect thread.

I'm usually not one to say this, but we should really wait before starting a DCEU Flash respect thread.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little soon on this one, give it some more time. At least until Justice League comes out. Then you'll have even more to add once his movie comes out.

@jashro44@jedixman

doesn't belong on the battles forum, I think most respect threads are on the off-topic one

Time_and_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RabumAlal

Still featless.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_and_power: But he is. All we've seen him do is time travel and (off panel) take down Captain Boomerang (text is spoiler blocked for those who have yet to see suicide squad)

jamespacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

GodEmperor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can add more now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.