Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23816 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman, realisticslly the weakest JL member

• 65 results
    TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@corvin: it's a silly analogy since there are leaguers smarter than him and no, Superman's intellect is a tricky subject for writers, but he's consistently considered one of the smartest beings on the planet.

Lex Luthor, DC's smartest human, has consistently stated that Superman is the only being capable of rivaling his intellect. Sorry..

Lol well f Lex Luthor says it, it must be true, it's not like he's a maniac who is obsessed with Superman. Forget the fact he is consistently portrayed as not being nearly as intelligent as the other leaguers, or even that smart at all, that's just wrong. Do you have many feats to back up your theory that Superman is one of the smartest beings on the planet, or even that he is anyway near as smart as Bruce.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
    thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@flash786: actually no. When GL puts his guard down, he's the weakest. batman could sneak up and take him down with one blow before he can make any constructs.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591:

I wasn't going to reply cause I needed to work. But then I read your comment. It made my laugh.

I didn't said Johns suck, he's just an awful writer when talking about multiple popular characters. I've read everything he wrote, from GL to JSA. He can't write too much characters, because he is too much worried about trying to make some characters badass. Take for example his Aquaman, he doesn't lower any character to write an badass Aquaman. Why he can't do this in JL?

Then we go to Superman by Geoff Johns. Hope he does everything you expect, cause I love the character (Yeah, the previews of 32 look awesome). You would awnser "Fuck you, you're a Batman fan!" (not exactly this way because I don't know you personally and I don't have psychic powers to read your mind), then I would say to you "No, he's not". My favorite hero is Daredevil (I made a list of Favorite Heroes, some time ago, you can check it out if you want to see it's true), then you can stop saying I'm a bat-fanboy. I just hate when people go hating a freaking a characters that doesn't exists, why the hell would someone hate something that doesn't exists?

Seriously dude, you can call this sillyness, I don't care. I don't know what's your age, neither how you are, but in a few years you'll realize, how stupid is to hate a character that doesn't exists.

I was almost forgeting about No Man's Land and TDKR.

No Man's Land: Batman could just went and arrest freaking Lex Luthor by incriminating him for all the shit he does. Batman can hack computers, done. But would it be fun? You people want everything to be realistic, fuck, if it were realistic, all heroes (including Batman) wouldn't exist.

TDKR: it's an Elseworld story, writer can take freedom to write whatever he wants, since Earth One is an elseworld I don't care Batman is useless, never mentioned it either, it's writer's visi can't even reaon and he do whatever he wants.

Just ignore the guy, he has an unhealthy obsession with trying to put down Batman, Superman has never been nor ever will be anywhere near as smart as Batman.

The "first" time they meet in JL, Superman acts like a total idiot thinking GL and Bats must be the bad guys because they have one of the alien boxes, whereas Batman had come to talk.

When Amazo starts repairing, Superman asks how Batman could possibly know what the nanites were doing without X-ray vision. He's not able to realise it without X-ray vision because he's not intelligent enough, whereas Batman is smart enough to know what is happening.

In the Batman/Superman annual Clark thinks Bruce can't hear him over the comms device he wears because he switched it off. Not smart enough to realise Bruce can still listen in.

In Superman unchained, Clark doesn't know why he can't find Bruce in the cave until Bruce explains the functionality of the suit he made to render him invisible to Clark.

It's laughable to the extreme to think that Superman is anywhere near as smart as Bruce.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Superguy1591

okay, you guys win. i dobt like tslking about Batman, im annoying myself everytime you guys send me a notification.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flash786 said:

I find it really hard to see how anyone could place Batman above any of the other original JL members.

Superman- Much faster and stronger and none of batmans attacks would inflict ANY sort of pain on him, other than using kryptonite batman would be useless, and lets be honest superman would just smash the floor or something, immediately immobilising batman.

Flash - The strongest member in my opinion... Flash thinks and moves many times faster if your realistic flash sees batman move in slow motion so anything batman does would be pointless.

Green Lantern- Have you seen how large his constructs can get. With infite will power he can construct a lorry that batman wouldnt be able to avoid and bang.. He could also trap him in a bubble.

Wonder woman- Baterangs would easily be repelled.. With her strength and warrior like fighing batman would fight well against her but he will eventually get tired wonder woman would too but only after hours and hours of fighting something which as a human Batman cant do.

Martian manhunter- Has the liesure of many ways of taking Bats whether it be; using his telepathy, phasing through him, using his incredible power or change his form into one of Bruces family, leaving Bruce vulnerable.

Explain any way Batman could beat any one of these characters and be realistic...

What a Batman hater, and i thought Flash fans were chill lol just kidding. I'm not being rude but I honestly don't understand fans' fascination with heroes fighting each other since they're supposed to be a team.

Technically speaking Hal Jordan (I'm assuming this is the green lantern you're talking about) is physically the weakest in the team. He's a talented ring wielder, possibly the greatest, but he does not have any inherent powers and is just an average guy while Bruce is supposed to be the ultimate human being as Grant Morrison described. But I agree in terms of power set Batman is the "weakest" on the team. However as someone else said Captain America or Black Widow could be considered the weakest on the team, yet they constantly prove to be an integral and valuable part of the team. Just as you can't have a Justice League without Superman, Flash and so on, Batman is an important and necessary member of the team and has proven it constantly in his many reiterations on the Justice League. A prominent example is Grant Morrison's JLA run. Though I guess Batman tends to get a lot of flak from people due to his popularity.

While many would take your opinion of Flash being the strongest with a grain of salt since your username is flash786, I kind of agree with you. Based on how many stories described his powers, he honestly shouldn't be able to be hit by any of the leaguers. Despite this there are inconsistencies since he has been tagged and has had trouble with people like weather wizard, captain cold, and heat wave. Nothing against his rogues gallery, I'm a flash fan as well, but they're not necessarily the most resourceful or skillful among the villains with an overreliance on their weapons. Even with the new 52 upgrade, the only one that should pose a legitimate threat is Captain Cold and Zoom, in his own series. My reasoning for it is that he hasn't mastered his powers yet, and while he does have the potential to be the most powerful, he isn't.

@flash786 said:

I admit with prep Batman would win against a few members but in most cases realistically prep time isnt gonna present itselg to Batman as JL members usually fight super villains who break put of jail or random aliens who arrive on earth being unidentified, in which case Batman is useless. One thing many may miss out on is Batman is amazing on a human level... When u talk about metahumans and entities reffered to as gods nothing batman prepares is gonna help, however, flash, green lantern, superman, wonderwoman and martian man hunter could all deal with these foes using their abilities.

Well i don't think that's fair. You have to take all the person's abilities, skills, and arsenal into account, the logic that "oh that person has powers" therefore he or she should win is inherently wrong. When referring to metahumans, not all of them have godlike powers like Superman or Wonder woman. Would you consider Cyclops or Wolverine in the same level of power as superman... no. There are varying levels of power among metahumans.

While most of Batman's rogues are criminal masterminds or geniuses he has had various confrontations with metahumans including Hugo strange's genetically enhanced monsters, Man-Bat, Clayface, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy (arguably the most powerful in his rogues), Bane on Venom, Talons (deadly assassins with a rapid healing factor), and the Heretic (Talia's genetic abomination with incredible strength and durability). The white martians underestimated Batman... and look what happened to them.

On the subject of gods, Batman has bested Darkseid and no not physically because that would be silly. He was able to deduce that a compound, i think it was radion, was toxic to Darkseid, and so using that knowledge fatally wounded darkseid in final crisis. In said story, Darkseid, before his death, attempted to use Batman as a doomsday bomb on the universe. Batman, using his intelligence and resourcefulness thwarted Darkseid's plan. That particular story is from 'The Return of Bruce Wayne by Grant Morrison.

@corvin: it's a silly analogy since there are leaguers smarter than him and no, Superman's intellect is a tricky subject for writers, but he's consistently considered one of the smartest beings on the planet.

Lex Luthor, DC's smartest human, has consistently stated that Superman is the only being capable of rivaling his intellect. Sorry..

I agree that Lex Luthor is the smartest person on earth, I have yet to see Superman worthy of that respect. To be honest I have only read about Superman on justice league books, some superman/batman titles and most recently Superman Unchained. I believe Clark is an intelligent guy, but I don't think he is on the top 10.

Based on other threads many have accepted or agreed that Batman is one of the smartest people on earth. While many are not sure where he ranks among the top 10, he is generally regarded as #4 or #6 just below Mr. Terrific.

It seems that you don't think that Batman is all that intelligent. To argue that point i will say that he was appointed the title as the world's greatest detective, and throughout his long history has consistently shown that. He also happens to be a gifted inventor. Aside from standard gear, he has developed a number of different power suits. One example is the insider suit which is capable of replicating the power of every jl member but at the cost of a very short battery life. Another is a suit that operates along the full electromagnetic spectrum effectively hiding him from Superman's vision. Also he has made advances in in crimefighting technology. Batman developed an E.M.P. mask which mimics voice and facial expressions of any person and a high tech contact lens which allows him to remotely access the batcomputer. Perhaps Batman's most impressive technological achievement is a highly advanced AI called Brother Eye which is capable of observing, analzying and compiling data on every single metahuman on the planet. I could go on.

Did I mention that Batman also developed a back-up operating system on his brain under the guise of "zur-en-arh" , as a contingency just in case anyone ever attempted to hack into his brain, which did happen when Dr. Simon Hurt tried to to destroy Batman. Key word on tried ;).

Also Batman has bested Lex Luthor in the story No Man's Land, which is a testament to how clever he is.

With that being said I posted this not to attack anyone for their opinions but to prove that Batman is NOT better or superior to anyone in the justice league, but that he deserves the same amount of respect and awe as anyone else in the team. That is all : ). I will not be responding to any other posts and just wanted to provide my input on this thread... and yes Batman is my favorite superhero if you couldn't already tell lol.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we write this in the Bible?.........or ,i dunna, tatoo the f*ck outta it?.....
    Arkham Knight ,can't wait....(off topic)

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: Yeah, it's not just because Batman is a man with no superpowers or anything exceptional that rivals these gods, it's just because he hates Batman.

He said so himself.IIRC he called Batman a douchebag.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can we write this in the Bible?.........or ,i dunna, tatoo the f*ck outta it?.....

I seriously want to see someone try to call bs on that. .

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91 said:

@flash786 said:

I find it really hard to see how anyone could place Batman above any of the other original JL members.

Superman- Much faster and stronger and none of batmans attacks would inflict ANY sort of pain on him, other than using kryptonite batman would be useless, and lets be honest superman would just smash the floor or something, immediately immobilising batman.

Flash - The strongest member in my opinion... Flash thinks and moves many times faster if your realistic flash sees batman move in slow motion so anything batman does would be pointless.

Green Lantern- Have you seen how large his constructs can get. With infite will power he can construct a lorry that batman wouldnt be able to avoid and bang.. He could also trap him in a bubble.

Wonder woman- Baterangs would easily be repelled.. With her strength and warrior like fighing batman would fight well against her but he will eventually get tired wonder woman would too but only after hours and hours of fighting something which as a human Batman cant do.

Martian manhunter- Has the liesure of many ways of taking Bats whether it be; using his telepathy, phasing through him, using his incredible power or change his form into one of Bruces family, leaving Bruce vulnerable.

Explain any way Batman could beat any one of these characters and be realistic...

What a Batman hater, and i thought Flash fans were chill lol just kidding. I'm not being rude but I honestly don't understand fans' fascination with heroes fighting each other since they're supposed to be a team.

Technically speaking Hal Jordan (I'm assuming this is the green lantern you're talking about) is physically the weakest in the team. He's a talented ring wielder, possibly the greatest, but he does not have any inherent powers and is just an average guy while Bruce is supposed to be the ultimate human being as Grant Morrison described. But I agree in terms of power set Batman is the "weakest" on the team. However as someone else said Captain America or Black Widow could be considered the weakest on the team, yet they constantly prove to be an integral and valuable part of the team. Just as you can't have a Justice League without Superman, Flash and so on, Batman is an important and necessary member of the team and has proven it constantly in his many reiterations on the Justice League. A prominent example is Grant Morrison's JLA run. Though I guess Batman tends to get a lot of flak from people due to his popularity.

While many would take your opinion of Flash being the strongest with a grain of salt since your username is flash786, I kind of agree with you. Based on how many stories described his powers, he honestly shouldn't be able to be hit by any of the leaguers. Despite this there are inconsistencies since he has been tagged and has had trouble with people like weather wizard, captain cold, and heat wave. Nothing against his rogues gallery, I'm a flash fan as well, but they're not necessarily the most resourceful or skillful among the villains with an overreliance on their weapons. Even with the new 52 upgrade, the only one that should pose a legitimate threat is Captain Cold and Zoom, in his own series. My reasoning for it is that he hasn't mastered his powers yet, and while he does have the potential to be the most powerful, he isn't.

@flash786 said:

I admit with prep Batman would win against a few members but in most cases realistically prep time isnt gonna present itselg to Batman as JL members usually fight super villains who break put of jail or random aliens who arrive on earth being unidentified, in which case Batman is useless. One thing many may miss out on is Batman is amazing on a human level... When u talk about metahumans and entities reffered to as gods nothing batman prepares is gonna help, however, flash, green lantern, superman, wonderwoman and martian man hunter could all deal with these foes using their abilities.

Well i don't think that's fair. You have to take all the person's abilities, skills, and arsenal into account, the logic that "oh that person has powers" therefore he or she should win is inherently wrong. When referring to metahumans, not all of them have godlike powers like Superman or Wonder woman. Would you consider Cyclops or Wolverine in the same level of power as superman... no. There are varying levels of power among metahumans.

While most of Batman's rogues are criminal masterminds or geniuses he has had various confrontations with metahumans including Hugo strange's genetically enhanced monsters, Man-Bat, Clayface, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy (arguably the most powerful in his rogues), Bane on Venom, Talons (deadly assassins with a rapid healing factor), and the Heretic (Talia's genetic abomination with incredible strength and durability). The white martians underestimated Batman... and look what happened to them.

On the subject of gods, Batman has bested Darkseid and no not physically because that would be silly. He was able to deduce that a compound, i think it was radion, was toxic to Darkseid, and so using that knowledge fatally wounded darkseid in final crisis. In said story, Darkseid, before his death, attempted to use Batman as a doomsday bomb on the universe. Batman, using his intelligence and resourcefulness thwarted Darkseid's plan. That particular story is from 'The Return of Bruce Wayne by Grant Morrison.

@superguy1591 said:

I agree that Lex Luthor is the smartest person on earth, I have yet to see Superman worthy of that respect. To be honest I have only read about Superman on justice league books, some superman/batman titles and most recently Superman Unchained. I believe Clark is an intelligent guy, but I don't think he is on the top 10.

Based on other threads many have accepted or agreed that Batman is one of the smartest people on earth. While many are not sure where he ranks among the top 10, he is generally regarded as #4 or #6 just below Mr. Terrific.

It seems that you don't think that Batman is all that intelligent. To argue that point i will say that he was appointed the title as the world's greatest detective, and throughout his long history has consistently shown that. He also happens to be a gifted inventor. Aside from standard gear, he has developed a number of different power suits. One example is the insider suit which is capable of replicating the power of every jl member but at the cost of a very short battery life. Another is a suit that operates along the full electromagnetic spectrum effectively hiding him from Superman's vision. Also he has made advances in in crimefighting technology. Batman developed an E.M.P. mask which mimics voice and facial expressions of any person and a high tech contact lens which allows him to remotely access the batcomputer. Perhaps Batman's most impressive technological achievement is a highly advanced AI called Brother Eye which is capable of observing, analzying and compiling data on every single metahuman on the planet. I could go on.

Did I mention that Batman also developed a back-up operating system on his brain under the guise of "zur-en-arh" , as a contingency just in case anyone ever attempted to hack into his brain, which did happen when Dr. Simon Hurt tried to to destroy Batman. Key word on tried ;).

Also Batman has bested Lex Luthor in the story No Man's Land, which is a testament to how clever he is.

With that being said I posted this not to attack anyone for their opinions but to prove that Batman is NOT better or superior to anyone in the justice league, but that he deserves the same amount of respect and awe as anyone else in the team. That is all : ). I will not be responding to any other posts and just wanted to provide my input on this thread... and yes Batman is my favorite superhero if you couldn't already tell lol.

Between this great post and the Batman "I don't always win but I never quit" pic this thread has turned out much better than I thought it would.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

I seriously want to see someone try to call bs on that. .

Noone will.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You forgot Aquaman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf19635a2b53
    deactivated-5bf19635a2b53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rykeksz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because the other members of the JL are strategically wank.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
    deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He's physically the weakest, but as Superman once said, "the most dangerous man in the world".

noithatduyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here you have batman- easily the smartest, best at prep and strategizing, saved superman from Darkseid at one point, funds the JL's operations, great at stealth missions, has tons of hi-tech gadgets and vehicles, second in command to superman, superman gave him a kryptonite ring.. He is physically the weakest but just as useful as the rest of the league.

And for your last question, just read Tower of Babel.

thebeyonder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By thebeyonder1

@noithatduyanh: I thought Martian Manhunter was the leader or chairman currently in rebirth until Luthor fused with him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.