Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23788 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman's Most Powerful Rogue?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays

Which one do you think is the most powerful? Abilities, Influence, and Intelligence all as factors into how powerful they are, who do you think is the most powerful enemy of all?

In my opinion if you lock them all in say... a stadium, and give them 24 hours to take eachother out, Poison Ivy is coming out on top. But one to one i'd say you could argue that a Lady Shiva or an al Ghul could take her out and is arguably more dangerous then some of the ones with enhanced abilities do to their resources/skills. It's hard to pick out a clear top dog above the others pound for pound.

So who do you think pound for pound is the most powerful be it physically, mentally or "politically"?

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe i'm in wrong, but i see Clayface as Batman's most powerful enemy :P But i will not say that he is... until i don't see another one...

Arkham Knight !!! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clayface

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clayface?

Beata

Jay_Russ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may not be the most powerful in the literal sense of the word, but I'm going to say the Joker, easy. He is everything that is not good to the most extreme. A psychopath, sadist, a masochist in the worst way possible. I always get the sense that he truly just does not care about anything. He has done more damage to Batman than any other Batman villain. He has perfect the art of destruction and death, and more often than not, twisted laugh, sick sense of humor, he gets the last laugh. I think what makes him even more lethal is that he really never has a reason or a motive behind what he does other than he just likes destruction. He has consistently pushed Batman to the limit and past it. The Joker gets my vote, with Ra's al Ghul a close second.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I don't know 0.o;. Like you said it's hard to pick. Naturally if put in a stadium, Poison Ivy would come out on top due to her power set, you have to play to each villain's strengths.

Joker is probably one of the physically weakest amongst Batman's rogues, but he's one of Batman's most enduring and greatest villains. What makes him dangerous is his chaotic, unpredictable nature and is ability to manipulate and concoct complex schemes that leave even the world's greatest detective baffled at times.

Clayface is a pretty powerful opponent as well, but due to being short-sighted and not as smart, is usually put away before he can do any serious damage. He'd be more dangerous if he was under the employ of masterminds such as Joker, Hush or Penguin.

Personally, I think Ra's Al Ghul and the Court of Owls are his most dangerous opponents. They're intelligent, ruthless, skilled and have access to vast resources. A potent and dangerous combo if you ask me

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Clayface is the most powerful. If he had the right mindset , he could be a A-list villain.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does bat mite count if so then he instawrecks everyone

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Poison Ivy

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't think any of them are that much of a threat actually besides joker. I said clayface at first but he is easily stomped with a taser. The court of owls are good, but batman beat their best one after eight days with no food, little water and enduring mental torture. He also beat a group of them in his bathrobe. Even for poison ivy, he's inoculated against or can simply resist her pheromones sometimes. Joker should be the correct answer. Batman didn't even catch him last time they fought in death of the family, and he kills the most/does the most damage

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91: Yea, the way I see it Ra's has the most reach but if clay face showed up at a league of Assassins HQ idk if they'd be able to stop him.

Though Joker seems to represent the biggest threat because he's so chaotic that idk if there's a plan someone can implement to go against him since even the god of prep can't plan for him half the time

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Darkseid :p

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solomon Grundy

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sly_141: for the sake of debate no he doesn't

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Emperor Joker

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ra's or Bane. Clayface isn't intelligent enough to be considered too much of a threat and Joker doesn't want to kill Bats.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid, Ra's Al Ghul, Joker = The most overall dangerous threats Batman faces.

Darkseid, Grundy, Clayface = The most physically powerful foes Batman has.

Bane, Freeze, Ivy, Two Face = Strong runner ups in either category.

Crazy Quilt, King Tut, Polka Dot Man, Killer Moth = HA HA HA, losers!

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if she counts as Batman Villian but I think Lady Clayface (Sondra Fuller) , because she gets the superpowers of the people she imitates.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Prometheus and Ra's.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's and Hurt.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In terms of power as in powers, Clayface.

In terms of intellect and an equal to Batman Ra's Al Ghul and Bane.

In terms of most enduring and most able to drive Batman nearly over the edge, Joker.

Id argue that in a fight between them villains like Bane and Ra's could use their wits and skills to overcome the more powerful opponents just like Batman does.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Heretic, that guy was straight-up beastly! He was engineered to be Leviathan's ultimate soldier. They tested him by putting him in a death match with dozens of other engineered superhumans and he massacred most of them. There was a panel where he ripped someone's head off while tanking a laser blast to the back 0.o;

He beat Robin, Nightwing and Batman all in one night. The Heretic held his ground against an angry Batman who was on man-bat serum, equipped with an advanced exoskeleton and the suit of sorrows! He also fell several stories into a bus with minimal injuries. I think he deserves an honorable mention

Nobody was also pretty bad@ss

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@batcat91: True, I hope he appears again though I doubt it.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Knightfall225
    No Caption Provided

she can be pretty powerful at times as well.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ra's Al Ghul, Riddler and Scarecrow would be the greatest threat to other heroes imo.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ras, Poison Ivy, Clay Face

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

she can be pretty powerful at times as well.

Agreed. I really believe she's the most powerful out of his rogues. Her control and manipulation of plants is ridiculously powerful in terms of her power set. The only one I can think on the top of my head that's superior to her in that regard is Swamp Thing.

She's been shown to level buildings and easily make plant food out of Clayface. Heck Poison Ivy was able to dissolve a Black Lantern with the acid secreted from one of the mutant plants she created. Also she could transfer her consciousness to any plant in the city, and therefore spy on anyone she wishes without anyone knowing. Not to mention she can grow giant mutated plants from seedlings in a matter of seconds.

Poison Ivy's one glaring weakness though is that her power can vary with the seasons, the spring obviously being the time she's at the apex of her power. Surprised there aren't more Batman stories where she's the main antagonist. Hope she gets more exposure since most people think all she can do is control men through her pheromones when in reality Poison Ivy is really powerful.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcat91 I agree. Poison Ivy needs to have more Story arcs with her as the main antagonist. Her interactions with Batman are interesting because he understands that she may be a little crazy but she is not all evil. I also hope she gets more exposure because her ability to control plant life could be used in so many cool ways.I mean she practically controls the land during the apex of her power. She also deserves another shot as a villain in a Batman movie in my opinion. The Poison Ivy in Batman and Robin was kind of a disappointment. Even though they nailed her sex appeal and her ability to use pheromones , they basically skipped over the whole powerful plant controller angle of the character.

hmsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are some Clayface's feats? Because based on what I can tell, Poison Ivy stomps them all (at the same time). That is, among the usual rogues (so guys like Grundy and Batmite don't count).

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivy

Watcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

Clayface, Ivy, Bane (with venom), Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy and Man-Bat.

hmsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue Gallery means the regulars of Gotham -- these are limited to the Joker, Harley, Two-Face, Penguin, Clayface, Ivy, Bane, Mr.Freeze, Riddler, Killer Croc, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Mad Hatter, and maybe some of the lesser known ones. Ras and Batman who laughs don't count, as they're not really part of the rogues, in this context. And Catwoman isn't exactly that either.

So among these, Poison Ivy tops everyone else. Poison Ivy can probably beat Batman no problem, but she's bound by her morals towards the plant life, so she doesn't go too far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.