Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23816 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Bruce belongs with Diana

• 106 results
    Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Knightwing

Ms. Invisible says:

"weaponx says:
    "Batman and Diana have chemistry. They seem like they would work out as strange as a match up as it would be. Also, Superman shouldn't be with her or Lois, he should be with Lana."

I just don't think that Bruce would actually stay with her. Bruce is pretty much addicted to being Batman, plus I'm led to believe Bruce had a one night stand with Selina."

True. he had one with Selina in a deleted scene in Hush. (ps: they did it with masks on which is wierd)

Anyway, Bruce and Diana may not have done it but their Earth 3 counterparts Owlman and Superwoman sure did:

And so did Nightwing:

And Tim (sorta):

I wonder what it's like to wake up shirtless and your girlfriend wearing nothing but a shirt?

Cael-El 595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Cael-El 595

weaponx says:

"Batman and Diana have chemistry. They seem like they would work out as strange as a match up as it would be. Also, Superman shouldn't be with her or Lois, he should be with Lana."
    With all this talk of chemistry, I felt that in the JLU episode 'This Little Piggy', Bruce and Zatanna had way more chemistry in that one episode than he had with Diana in the entire series. The whole thing seemed forced, and her characterisation was way off. I can't imagine Diana flirting so desperately with anyone. And to make matters worse, Batman lover Timm completely sidelined Clark. I mean, come on, he's a person too, give him his due. The things they could do with his character if handled right, but no, they make him one-dimensional in JLU, and rather whiney in the comics. IMO that in JLU, the fling was there only because chiropterophile( that means bat-lover btw) Timm was compelled to make Bruce the alpha male. I find it unrealistic that he's potrayed as unbeatable when Supes actually does have a super-brain and photo-memory (For Tommorow anyone? Sure the story had more than its fair share of faults, but he was a bit edgier, more take-charge and even no nonsense with Diana. That's the Supes I wan't to see.) Just consider it, Clark wasn't even geeky in the animated series, yet Lois always poured water down his pants, and even fell for Bruce ?!? WTF?!? So they can put Bruce and Lois together for an episode, andeven carry thathistory into the comics, but Clark and Diana can't have some history pre-Lois?Remember WW141? The Trinity falls into a dreamworld, and her perfect world is being married to Clark and carrying his baby. And even once they escape the dream, she can't deny the tingling on her lips. There's definitely some chemistry there in the comics, something that was completely ignored in the animated series. Next time, put someone impartial in charge.
    Post Edited:2008-05-30 13:06:52
    Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He should be with Catwoman

Mailwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By Mailwam

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: Why should he be with Catwoman? There are many many women he could take. Unless of course the writers decide he should be with her? The way two decided to remain together in Tom King's Batman was hilarious. Nothing special about her and enough of this old trope of a criminal-vigilante relationship or in Tom King's case a dysfunctional criminal and dysfunctional vigilante (King turned him into a total psychotic). Besides I'm sure if dysfunctional and dark is what you're going for, you could find many other women in DC universe.

Mailwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Mailwam

@cael_el_595: I don't get you, you do know that the relationship between Diana and Bruce developed mutually with attraction and not Diana desperately flirting. During their first dance, both took a liking to each other. Only when Batman's feelings became totally clear to her, like him desperately digging out Diana in Gorilla City, did she suggest they should date in "This Little Piggy".

Why wouldn't Diana flirt or try to go out with someome who does like her too and what is so off about her? She is a warrior of truth, so her trying to bring out Batman's and her own true feelings are certainly not out of character.

As for Bruce's "chemistry" with Zatanna, he isn't romantically interested in her and all she does is guess that he actually loves Diana. If you haven't gotten their pairing in the JL series until now: it's about mutual attraction.

As for Lois pouring water down Clark's pants, she did tease him but it wasn't out of malice as she was herself attracted to Clark secretly despite her love of Superman, which she herself admitted after thinking that Clark was dead. That was the goal Clark was going for, make her fall in love with Clark. Lois though had become appreciative even before in the first episode. She earlier thought he might be nothing more than a rube hayseed, but quickly realized how wrong she was. In the end all it is was about character and two wildly different personalities liking each other.

As for WW141, I won't call her regretting over her failed relationship and then pining over what could have been in a dream as an example of chemistry. The maim reason she had it actually was because she was alone in the world and here are you saying her flirting with a person who likes her too in a cartoon is out of character though of course there her personality is a bit different. In the cartoons, Superman already knew and was interested in Lois before forming the Justice League.

Glaucus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should be with Catwoman

I am with you on that!

Bat/Cat all the way!

People can just create a poll "Who should Batman be with?"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.