Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23817 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Starting Rebirth and the events preceeding it?

Alex79uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

I finished the Batman New 52 run a couple of years ago and loved it, one of my all time favorite runs. I'm now looking at starting Rebirth.

I've been slowly collecting the Bat-Family books over the last couple of years and am not really that interested in characters outside of these few. But, I have some questions I was hoping someone might be able to help with.

1) Batman Rebirth #1 starts with Duke Thomas turning up at Wayne Manor. I had to go and remind myself who he was as I'd totally forgotten about him, and realised there's a series I'd not picked up whilst collecting Rebirth - We Are Robin. Where would this come in the Rebirth timeline? Should I read it before the first Batman book (I collect trades rather than single issues) or does it come a bit later on.

2) Is there an 'event' that bridges the gap between New 52 and Rebirth, and is it worth reading? Rebirth seems to start rather abruptly with Flash spinning through time and everyone forgetting stuff from the past (in DC Rebirth #1) and I feel like I've missed something!

3) I've also been collecting Dark Nights: Metal. Would anyone be able to tell me where I should read this in relation to the Bat-series of books?

4) Same question as above but for Doomsday Clock.

Apologies for all the questions, but if anyone's going to be able to help its the Comic Vine forums!!

Many thanks in advance :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.