Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23816 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Where did Bruce Wayne's potential come from exactly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f398ceb3156f
    deactivated-5f398ceb3156f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Obviously the man trained ridiculously hard but I doubt you could grab just any vengeful orphan and train them up to be Batman. I know he's supposed to be the underdog mortal of the Justice League but he's practically a demigod with the sort of feats he has. Has any comic explained where that potential came from? I'm not aware of the Wayne bloodline being particularly special besides Bruce.

minkuslord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well his father was an exceptional doctor, so it makes sense that bruce is intelligent. Other than that I guess bruce just has peak human genetics by birth.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rex318 said:

Obviously the man trained ridiculously hard but I doubt you could grab just any vengeful orphan and train them up to be Batman. I know he's supposed to be the underdog mortal of the Justice League but he's practically a demigod with the sort of feats he has. Has any comic explained where that potential came from? I'm not aware of the Wayne bloodline being particularly special besides Bruce.

Well his family is rich. At the head of Wayne Tech, so they've got access to all sorts of new technologies. They are a smart family, his father was a Doctor ! And the Wayne have always had heart, they helped build Gotham and always helped the city and its people.

Then Batman had that trigger when he was 8 in a dark alley, remember.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Alexander505

@rex318 said:

The current Batman is enhanced by Dionesium compound, during the final events of Endgame happened some years ago (he was basically dead). So, right now Batman has the most logical reason to do all that kind of absurd feats he does. Some years ago one of the best user of Batman, entropy aegis, said that Dionesium can be used as an answer for Batman physical capabilities just like the serum for 616 Cap and I completely agree with that. It's the first time Batman has physical stats not by training but by a chemical compound. I don't know how it was so overlooked by many fans but Batman is genetically enhanced now, which is extremely important for the character, because is the first time an author gave him a real consistency for his feats.

ps4gamerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rex318 said:

The current Batman is enhanced by Dionesium compound, during the final events of Endgame happened some years ago (he was basically dead). So, right now Batman has the most logical reason to do all that kind of absurd feats he does. Some years ago one of the best user of Batman, entropy aegis, said that Dionesium can be used as an answer for Batman physical capabilities just like the serum for 616 Cap and I completely agree with that. It's the first time Batman has physical stats not by training but by a chemical compound. I don't know how it was so overlooked by many fans but Batman is genetically enhanced now, which is extremely important for the character, because is the first time an author gave him a real consistency for his feats.

Iron will (train like h, pushed his limits) and Enhanced (genetically) by Dionysium compound exposure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.