Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Bucky Barnes Respect Thread

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551  Edited By slimj87d

@higorm: I do, I'll post them up when I get a chance. I've been meaning to post some new stuff here. For now, here's BW#15

Pretty good feat, he parachutes in and with one arm he shoots and headshots all the guys in a few fractions of a second.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#552 HigorM  Moderator

@slimj87d: wow, that was awesome! Thank you for the info, looking forward for the update.

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553  Edited By errantknight
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I realy like it that these 2 panels show us that no matter what bizarre things Bucky is up to in Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier, back in the non-bizzaro world, He still takes the time to make sure Nat isn't biting off more than she can take care of solo, using his fancy new space ship. Of course that's also slightly creepy in a 'winter soldier really cares' kind of way, lol. Of course, he's only had to do that once, possibly twice (depending on waht you think Bucky was doing the first time) because Natasha is every bit as badass as she shouldd be in this series.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 HigorM  Moderator

@slimj87d: have you added some new feats from Bucky as "cosmica assassin" (The Man on the Wall)?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@slimj87d: have you added some new feats from Bucky as "cosmica assassin" (The Man on the Wall)?

There really hasn't been any notable ones sadly. The whole series has been focusing on a bizzare romance.

I really do miss Nat and Bucky together.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556 HigorM  Moderator
    ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557  Edited By ThexX
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Hm I'm not really interested in a comedy Captain America, Remender's run was silly enough. Hopefully Buck turns up elsewhere.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@thexx: Yeah, this still doesn't have me excited. Honestly, following Secret Wars, I was hoping we'd see Steve return as Cap and the series begin to get back to what Brubaker had it at with the focus on Cap as a soldier, rather than just a superhero, working alongside S.H.I.E.L.D. fighting terrorist groups like HYDRA and being the super-soldier he is. That's what I loved about Brubaker, how he took Cap back to his roots as a soldier and gave us a black-ops, spy-focused series.

Since Brubaker left and Rememder came onboard, the book has a done a 180 and become a weird sci-fi book with Cap going to other dimensions, fighting other-dimensional creatures, and undoing everything Brubaker had done to make Cap cool and modern.

Overall, I haven't been excited about anything Marvel has been doing with Captain America lately in the comics, and until then I'm going to have to pass on this new series. Thankfully Captain America: Civil War comes out next year, and right now the MCU is the only place Marvel seems to be doing Captain America right, so I'll stick with that version until further notice.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Total agree about the whole Captain America thing. Whats sad is out of all the titles Marvel has announced only three interest me

• Old Man Logan
    • Uncanny X-men
    • The Ultimates

What I want to know where are popular characters like Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Nick Fury Sr/Jr, Moon Knight, Quake (Daisy), & The Punisher.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really need to update and fix a lot of these broken links. But for now, here's a feat from the Bitter March. WS survives a helicopter explosion.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.