Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9548 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Dick Grayson and Starfire?

• 98 results
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @Jotham:

Yea i was thinking she was a impostor or something... but who knows

@lazystudent:
     I thought Pym only hit Jan Once

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Ryonslaught said:
    " @RedK said:
    " @Babs: Is this it
     From issue #5
     From issue #5
    "
    dick being a dick.......reminds em of what he did to barbera a few years back "
    He loves Babs
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @Yung ANcient One:  iam not so sure about that, i know of the one time but havent sifted thgrough stuff with pym in search of more lol
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    @lazystudent: its cuz i have a comic where Pym says he only did it once

but he says to Jacosta that one time is too many
    Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Roninidas

I think Nightwing should get an Effing Medal.  I think Relationships would run much smoother if more people were Brutally Honest instead of Sugar Coating things and saying what they don't mean to protect the others feelings.  Seriously.  If you don't love someone, don't fake it for there benefit it will make it worse in the end... alot worse.   

In this case... He did Starfire a Solid about telling her the truth.  He really did.  It wasn't Harsh... he didn't not do it in a mean way, it just appears that way, because of that epression on her face.  She was expecting a different answer. 
    Zejeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Zejeck

Truth hurts, but in the end I think they end up together anyways

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@lazystudent said:

"its a genuine pic its quite common knowledge on the vine that pym and reed are ocassional women beaters, hence ahgels hate dislike of them, at least dick ended it and didnt get nasty lol "

It's a genuine pic but Sue was under the influence of Malice. Reed was trying to snap her out of it.  

Nice outfit by the way Sue.
    roxamilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By roxamilli

Dick has a thing for girls with red hair and green eyes. lol
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @TheMess1428 said:
    "Dick's relationships with Helena, Babs, and Kory make you wonder who he will finally be with. He keeps finding a reason to leave them at some point or so. There are other couples where you can entirely tell that are most likely to end up together like Conner Kent/Cassie Sandsmark and Tim Drake/Stephanie Brown. "

Well i still think Conner is gonna end up with Cassie but now i think they are on the rocks and he seems to have a thing for his half cousin lol. 

Tim still seems to have feelings for Stephanie but he is still degrading to her and puts her down and seems to have some attraction to Lucius Fox's daughter
    mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mistrx75

Aww, poor Kory.

Kid weather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Kid weather

Who cares? I mean really she's an alien and she should have expected that from dick in the beginning  since she has been around him for like  x number of years.Anyways I hope they an work it out.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DEGRAAF

after years of siding him with Barbra, i have changed my position, He should tie the knot with Starfire. (i am serious about what i am typing next) Once Bruce returns, i think he should go talk to toyman in Japan and jump a ship to space towards Tamaran looking for her. I would like to see them move on in that direction. 

Does anyone remember what the note said that Starfire wrote to Dick as why she was leaving the JLA. (Scans if possible)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#63  Edited By cbishop

As far as I know, prior to the Nightwing series, Dick was never with Barbara.  There was flirtation, maybe, but no relationship.  Kory was a whole different thing though.  When she came to Earth, it was Dick that she kissed to absorb the English language, and from there, they had a long-running relationship through New Teen Titans

When Nightwing came out, Chuck Dixon had something building between Dick and Barbara - something that looked like a real relationship.  Devin Grayson wrote Nightwing/ Huntress, and took over Nightwing from Dixon, and she made Dick into a total player, bedding him with Barbara, Huntress, Tarantula II, and I think there was a passing scene with Starfire.  There were a few non-super flings that were implied, after that.  As much as I liked Devin Grayson's writing when she started at DC, I think she was all wrong for Nightwing, and I lost respect for her writing, because of that book. 

Before Devin G., I never thought Dick was a one-night stand type of guy, and that's completely because of his relationship with Starfire, in NTT.  I loved it that Kingdom showed us Nightstar - daughter of Dick and Kory.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By nightwing91
    @cbishop: I agree about her turning Dick into a player, IIRC I remember in Nightwing annual 1, where he pretends to marry that woman, he doesn't even sleep in the same room as her. And after he found out she was innocent, and told her they weren't really married, he still offered to get to know her.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#65  Edited By cbishop
    @nightwing91: Yeah, I remember that, now that you mention it.  I just know if I was the next writer for Dick Grayson, I'd ignore the player angle altogether.  I actually think it would be far cooler to have girls find him attractive as he goes by, than for him to actually bed down with every girl he meets.  Sleeping with every female cape his age just makes him a d-bag, IMO, and that's not Dick's character.
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mutant God

He slept with Barbara the day before his and Starfire's wedding
    Earthfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Earthfall

Dick is the ultimate Launcher of a Thousand Ships. I swear he has been with just about every girl he has come into contact with. I do love Dick though. Whilst I want Babara to be happy, the Wheelchair puts a huge restriction on someone like the Acrobatic Dick Grayson...

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By nightwing91
    @cbishop: Well Dick is sorta like wonder woman, how so many male characters find her attaractive. Almsot every female chacrter finds him attractive. 

@Mutant God: I beleive Batgirl is his true love, and isn't that the only time he's cheated? And  I beleive it happened because he was so shocked by her being paralyzed I think it took him back to the old days. Remember in nightwings series, they broke up once because he kept being so protective of her. That extends to this, the sleeping with Babs, I read into it as him wanting to show her his feelings for her hadn't changed, that she still means a lot to her.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By velle37
    @Babs said:
    "I think it was in an issue of Titan's, prior to TITANS #15 but I am not sure. There is a scene between Dick and Kory where he walks away telling her he doesn't love her anymore. Does anyone know what issue this is from or have the images at least? I can't remember/find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! "

I tried to listen to that podcast... I did so for 15 minutes and saw no fast forward button or indication of how long it was........and i never really found out..... 

why you hate Star...... 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DEGRAAF
    Does anyone remember what the note said that Starfire wrote to Dick as why she was leaving the JLA. (Scans if possible)    
    battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By battlexlordx
    @iLLituracy said:
    " In issue #3 they were under the control of one of the sons of Trigon [Lust] where they admitted to thinking about one another [Starfire admitted to thinking about him when she was alone, he admitted to thinking about her when he was with people--kinda sick, I think] and they did it while investigating in an old lady's house, I remember.

In issue #5 they're swimming in a pool and talking about how being in Titans Tower makes them feel nostalgic, then they talk about what happened in issue #3 and just as they're about to kiss, Starfire talks about how they shouldn't let it happen, anymore. They talk about how they always find an excuse to be with one another and keep flip-flopping between lovers and friends. Starfire then asks if he loves her in a way that he would want to be with her without having to find an excuse to be with her in which he answers no--which prompts her to kiss him then fly away.

No Caption Provided
    "

dick learn more than just fighting from is Pimp master wayne
    Nightstar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Nightstar1

I'm glad she's not with the retconned Dick Grayson. He was a great character but the Bat-books turned him into his namesake. :(

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By Sinestro2828

@AngelFrost: Anyone who'd turn down a gorgeous, super powered alien princess who loves them wholeheartedly & would risk life and limb for them needs to get their head examined (or be tossed into deep space so his stupidity doesn't infect the planet XD)

I've never liked the comic book version of Grayson, he's a skilled hero but a unlikable person, he really has no tact (if I'm not mistaken its pretty much his fault that Starfire felt the need to leave earth and join the R.E.B.E.L.S. for a time)

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By Sinestro2828

@RedK: Holy crap....Geeze Grayson, delicate much? No wonder his parents named him DICK....You'd think someone raised by Batman would be able to put it to her more gently rather than make it painfully clear he's just out for snooky >_<

I mean, they've been through everything together, almost got married, and he ends it like that? Seriously COLD...Too bad that the new DC reboot will probably make things between these two even worse and more tense. I don't see why Dick has to be destined to be alone like Bruce pretty much is, god knows he can't do better than a gorgeous space princess who loves him wholeheartedly lol

saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By saturnssailor

@Sinestro2828: It really depends on how you look at it. At first he did try to let her down gently, but she wanted the truth not some sugar coating so he told her. He didn't say "No, you suck". He just answered her question and it doesn't look like he meant to hurt her that's just how it worked out.

In the reboot she doesn't seem to even remember Dick though they do have history together.

It all depends on what you mean by he can't do "better" than her. She is beautiful, royalty and she does love him (at least in pre-reboot), but that doesn't mean that they should be together. He might be better off with someone that he wants to be with/has more in common with/ etc. who is not necessarily "better". In the end they both just need to find someone who makes them happy.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#76  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @saturnssailor said:

@Sinestro2828: It really depends on how you look at it. At first he did try to let her down gently, but she wanted the truth not some sugar coating so he told her. He didn't say "No, you suck". He just answered her question and it doesn't look like he meant to hurt her that's just how it worked out.

In the reboot she doesn't seem to even remember Dick though they do have history together.

It all depends on what you mean by he can't do "better" than her. She is beautiful, royalty and she does love him (at least in pre-reboot), but that doesn't mean that they should be together. He might be better off with someone that he wants to be with/has more in common with/ etc. who is not necessarily "better". In the end they both just need to find someone who makes them happy.

she does remember. she was just blowing Roy off because she didn't feel like talking about it apparently
    saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By saturnssailor

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Where did it say that? I thought she found it hard to distinguish between people like when she said she found Roy and Jason so amusing especially when she could tell them apart.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#78  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @saturnssailor said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Where did it say that? I thought she found it hard to distinguish between people like when she said she found Roy and Jason so amusing especially when she could tell them apart.

Scott lobdell said it. i think he was planning to build up to it, but so many people were planning to drop the book that he had to give it away.
    BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@cbishop: I couldn't have said it better myself. I hated the Nightwing series with a changed past(like how Bruce fired Dick, which was Dick who left), Babs realizing that she was in love with him(even though she was flirting with him because it was just fun and games), dipicting Starfire as a superior whore when Babs found her wearing nothing but a t-shirt, and the 2nd annual mentioning that Dick had an affair with Babs because of the Killing Joke...even though the story had a 11 year difference and with the timing of that event it looked like pity sex which I was highly defended by that, plust how could Dick cheat on Starfire the night before there wedding since with him proposing to Starfire when he was with Starfire that night and give an invitation to Babs when there were no invites handed out. Nightwing and the 2009 Titans series are the worst series I have read with Dick being a character out of charcter. Plus with that Titans series was really bad I mean what the crap was with Trigon and what Raven was wearing when she met him, also there wasn't a main writer writing that series so yeah that series was all over the place.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@DEGRAAF: No, it was never revealed and it never will be since the story is no longer in work.

JackFellontim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By JackFellontim

@CM9 said:

Did Dick get raped?

three times, by my count.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By X9

They suck together, even Starfire realised their relationship wasn't going any further.

Like it or not, he's over the allien and his true love is Barbara Gordon. It's always been. In fact, the only reason Kory had a chance with him is because Babs took a (long) while to tell him she loved him too, during the period he was with the Titans.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SmoothJammin

@BecauseISaidSo said:

@DEGRAAF: No, it was never revealed and it never will be since the story is no longer in work.

They may have alluded to it in R.E.B.E.L.S. though I never read it

If they do hook it up, it's for sh!ts and giggles

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#84  Edited By ReVamp

@JackFellontim said:

@CM9 said:

Did Dick get raped?

Once and its debatable whether it was rape or not.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SmoothJammin

How will Nightstar and Damian ever meet?? NoooOoOOo. jk Ditch Raya and Babs. Leave the queen oompa loompa to procreate with Todd. You just keep ur eyes peeled for that blonde bombshell, Power Girl. Dick won't eff that relationship up, guaranDAMNte! ;)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ReVamp

@SmoothJammin said:

How will Nightstar and Damian ever meet?? NoooOoOOo. jk Ditch Raya and Babs. Leave the queen oompa loompa to procreate with Todd. You just keep ur eyes peeled for that blonde bombshell, Power Girl. Dick won't eff that relationship up, guaranDAMNte! ;)

I would love if that happened.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@SmoothJammin: No because I own and read R.E.B.E.L.S. and they did not mention it since the guy who was writing it just had her banging with Captain Comet since she was like "since Dick is being a Dick I'll just have the sexy time with you since there's nothing else to do in space so whatever." But besides that part you should read R.E.B.E.L.S., it's a good series especially what happens in the end.

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BecauseISaidSo

@SmoothJammin said:

How will Nightstar and Damian ever meet?? NoooOoOOo. jk
    Ditch Raya and Babs. Leave the queen oompa loompa to procreate with Todd. You just keep ur eyes peeled for that blonde bombshell, Power Girl. Dick won't eff that relationship up, guaranDAMNte! ;)

@SmoothJammin:

:

I had no idea Starfire was a male green haired little person. Other than that I have no idea what their plans are for Dick's love life if he will actually get the chance to settle down with whom ever. Also Starfire with Jason Todd...eww. Starfire is too important to be with somebody romantically like him since her role in Red Hood and the Outlaws issue 10.

http://welcometothefreeworld.tumblr.com/post/19189368572/red-hood-the-outlaws-10-and-batman-robin-10

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SmoothJammin

@BecauseISaidSo:Thanks for the Tumblr :P

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#90  Edited By Mercy_

Higgins has already said that there's absolutely no plans or even thoughts of Dick and Kory getting together in the future.

cracker_jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By cracker_jack

Dick n' Babs 4 life

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ReVamp

Higgins has already said that there's absolutely no plans or even thoughts of Dick and Kory getting together in the future.

Doesn't mean people can't ship them.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93  Edited By Funrush

@ReVamp said:

@JackFellontim said:

@CM9 said:

Did Dick get raped?

Wait, what? When was this?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ReVamp

@Funrush said:

@ReVamp said:

@JackFellontim said:

@CM9 said:

Did Dick get raped?

Wait, what? When was this?

After Blockbuster was killed.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SmoothJammin

Who cares? Devin Grayson wrote it. *Instantly handwaved*

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ReVamp

@SmoothJammin said:

Who cares? Devin Grayson wrote it. *Instantly handwaved*

I always found it Ironic that everyone always hated her, considering her last name.

arlynsunalila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

well that happened 10 years ago no longer canon, here's something new and rebirth canon, dick dumping barbara over a new girl he just met a week ago

arlynsunalila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

poor babs

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.