Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Do you think Frieza was a Star Buster ?

• 71 results
    JRAZZLE20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dwarf start buster in his final form. Destroyed a planet X10 the gravity of Earth and got 226 times more powerful when he reached his final form

ps4gamerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he isn't a star buster. Now some may argue that, just because one of his finishers is dubbed/named 'super nova' (https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Supernova) doesn't correlate with destroying a star.

Another thing,

@jaakor said:

People trying to scale energy required to bust a sun to that of a planet as if PL scales linearly are funny.

Frieza destroyed a planet with 10X earth gravity with one finger in his first firk, he NEVER powered up to full power, it was hilariously casual. His first firk as a max of around 525K, his final form hits 120M. Our sun is around 28-30X earth gravity, and because gravity is also a function of Mass as well, that should tell you how big that planet was

His final form should be capable of destroying a small star at the very least.

those resorting to some 'scaling' or 'calcs' will not do any justice.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
    raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In his final form, he's definitely a star buster. People love to downplay "Dragon Ball" on here. I haven't caught up on "Super" yet, but no need to go into depth about why his Golden form is definitely much more than that.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 takenstew22  Moderator

A very small one, maybe.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By raimundopedrosa
    @takenstew22 said:

A very small one, maybe.

Goku straight up said in the manga that Frieza could destroy stars, but not a single person. Given what we saw just 1% Frieza do, yes, it makes sense to say that Frieza at full power was a starbuster.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22 said:

A very small one, maybe.

Goku straight up said in the manga that Frieza could destroy stars

When? Is it that google translation scan?

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa said:
    @takenstew22 said:

A very small one, maybe.

No Caption Provided

It was said by Goku himself to Frieza when they fought on Namek. The word used for star is “Hoshi,” which directly means star. Planet translates to “Wakusei” which has another symbol preceding Hoshi symbol. You don't see this symbol in the scan above.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 takenstew22  Moderator

@raimundopedrosa: What is the Hoshi symbol? And what is the symbol preceding it?

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By raimundopedrosa

@raimundopedrosa: What is the Hoshi symbol? And what is the symbol preceding it?

No lie, I tried to post it in the first post, but I got an error message telling me that kanji were not allowed. I can try to take a screenshot of the message that I wrote and post that as a picture without writing out the kanji text directly if you want?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22 said:

No lie, I tried to post it in the first post, but I got an error message telling me that kanji were not allowed. I can try to take a screenshot of the message that I wrote and post that as a picture without writing out the kanji text directly if you want?

Sure.

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa said:
    @takenstew22 said:

Sure.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

No Caption Provided

raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@takenstew22: And here's the stupid error message that I got.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 takenstew22  Moderator
    raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raimundopedrosa said:
    No Caption Provided

I see.

Isn't that weird haha? Thanks for your patience, tho. I knew, as soon as I told you that, that I had to provide evidence, because it sounds so crazy and conveniently placed as if I'm trying to evade the question coming in that exact moment hahaha 😂😂😂 Did that answer your question, tho?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22 said:
    @raimundopedrosa said:
    No Caption Provided

I see.

Isn't that weird haha? Thanks for your patience, tho. I knew, as soon as I told you that, that I had to provide evidence, because it sounds so crazy and conveniently placed as if I'm trying to evade the question coming in that exact moment hahaha 😂😂😂 Did that answer your question, tho?

Yeah. Thx and no problem.

PaengYu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By PaengYu

Freeza in his suppressed form can unleash his power to bust a planet easily. A star is no big deal.

saboyaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Japanese also tend to use slang like Americans. In some cases when they use the hoshi of Star they can also mean a actual Planet like a celestial round body. So Goku was talking about frieza erasing planets in his weakest form on a whim, but not having power to erase Goku who Frieza deemed just a monkey.

I think frieza is calc at large planet - dwarf star in first form because of his planet vegeta feat which has different calcs of the explosion expanding so far + timeframe since the feat has been rinsed and repeated in multiple incarnations.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you do the Maths right, then maybe Lord Frieza back at that time could destroy a small star. I think Perfect Cell is a confirmed solar system buster, and I know that Lord Frieza obviously can destroy planets, but I don't know about whether he can destroy any stars. The consensus is that he can't destroy stars, but if the Maths says that he can then he can.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22 said:
    @raimundopedrosa said:
    @takenstew22 said:

A very small one, maybe.

No Caption Provided

It was said by Goku himself to Frieza when they fought on Namek. The word used for star is “Hoshi,” which directly means

star. Planet translates to “Wakusei” which has another symbol preceding Hoshi symbol. You don't see this symbol in the scan above.

I read the conversation between you and takenstew22 and if you are right raimondopedrosa (I think you are) then I think what you have said has closed the case. So I think Lord Frieza is a star buster. I don't know what size of star he can destroy, but I think he is a star buster. Thank you for the information that you provided :-)

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Japanese also tend to use slang like Americans. In some cases when they use the hoshi of Star they can also mean a actual Planet like a celestial round body. So Goku was talking about frieza erasing planets in his weakest form on a whim, but not having power to erase Goku who Frieza deemed just a monkey.

I think frieza is calc at large planet - dwarf star in first form because of his planet vegeta feat which has different calcs of the explosion expanding so far + timeframe since the feat has been rinsed and repeated in multiple incarnations.

Yep maybe you are right, large planet - dwarf star level sounds about right :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.