Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

My Ultimate Mega POWER LEVEL List

Avatar image for nemesisreloaded
    NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NemesisReloaded

The list of Power Levels are at the bottom of this post, if you choose to skip all of the explanations as to how I came to the value of those listed Power Levels. This is a long post, but I've split everything up into more serviceable chunks so that if you choose to read the whole thing, it's easier to not do it all at once.

This is probably about the 900th power level list on this site, and about the billionth online in general, but I've never done one before, so here it is. I also come at this on the assumption that Toriyama does keep some form of track of Power Levels in one way or another, like how there is the claim by Cell than he can destroy a Solar System, implying neither his previous forms, nor any of the rest that came before him could do so, or how he referenced Dabura's power against that of Cell, to give an idea of the power increase.

So in this regard, this post assumes that Power Levels are not nonsense, that they do mean something and that it's not a fools errand to try to figure them out and that occurrences in the series that appear to contradict them or other occurrences should have an explanation found instead of just chalking it up to Toriyama's forgetfulness, which I think is just something he says to forgive any mistakes he made over a 10 year period and over 500 chapters with dozens of characters.

Something not making obvious sense is no excuse to blame inconsistency, instead we should just try to be smarter and make it work.

THE SETUP

I realise that Toriyama forgets some things and I realise that he introduced Power Levels so that he could prove that knowing them didn't mean anything, but I dont believe that means he didn't take account of Power Levels throughout the rest of Dragonball Z. I believe all it means is that characters can hide or focus their Ki to make themselves appear weaker or artificially strong. The best example of this is when Power Levels with numerical values were first introduced - when Raditz arrived.

After removing their weighted clothing, Piccolo's Power Level raised from 322 to 408 and Goku's from 334 to 416 [DB #199]. They weren't hiding their power at this time, much like the farmer with a Power Level of 5, but Goku made a Kamehameha with a PL of 924 and Piccolo a Special Beam Cannon with a PL of 1,330 [DB #201]. They were able to do this by concentrating their Ki and building it up. This is exactly like the difference between a battery and a capacitor. A battery is how Raditz works. It has a maximum voltage output and a max amp output, and he cannot go higher than that because he never learned to. Goku and Piccolo can also work like a battery and fire Ki blasts of full power instantly, but they can also act like capacitors and use their Ki to build the power from the battery into something greater and more powerful to be released in a short time.

No Caption Provided

So it's not that Power Levels are irrelevant, they've been referenced since early in Dragonball but they weren't given an actual number until Dragonball Z [DB #195]. To me, the point Toriyama was trying to make with DBZ is that knowing a number doesn't matter when you can manipulate your Ki, but that doesn't mean those max powers dont exist and a number can't be put to them.

1: STATED POWER LEVELS

In the Dragonball manga there are 2 different measures of Ki or Power Level. The first system is that used by Frieza's men, first seen used by Raditz to measure the PL of a normal human at 5. This system goes up to Future Trunks appearing in front of Frieza when one of his foot-soldiers measures his PL at 5. So here's the list of all stated Power Levels through this method:

• Farmer - 5 - DB#195
    • Piccolo - 322 - DB#195
    • Gohan - 710 - DB#199
    • Goku - 334 - DB#199
    • Piccolo - 408 - DB#199 (less weighted clothes)
    • Goku - 416 - DB#199 (less weighted clothes)
    • Gohan - 1,307 - DB#203
    • Master Roshi - 139 - DB#209
    • Krillin - 206 - DB#209
    • Tien - 250 - DB#209
    • Yamcha - 177 - DB#209
    • Piccolo - 329 - DB#209
    • Gohan - 981 - DB#214
    • Piccolo - 1,220 - DB#214 (less weighted clothes)
    • Krillin - 1,083 - DB#214
    • Saibamen - 1,200 - DB#215 (rivals Raditz power)
    • Goku - 5,000 - DB#222 (suppressed)
    • Goku - over 8,000 - DB#224
    • Goku Kaioken x3 - over 21,000 (stated) - DB#230 (over 24,000 actual)
    • Gohan - 1,500 - DB#248
    • Krillin - 1,500 - DB#248
    • Vegeta - 24,000 - DB#249
    • Vegeta - 18,000 - DB#249 (same as Cui when they last met)
    • Cui - 18,000 - DB#249 (same as Vegeta when they last met)
    • Namekians - 1,000 - DB#253 (suppressed)
    • Namekians - 3,000 - DB#253
    • Gohan - over 10,000 - DB#274
    • Krillin - over 10,000 - DB#274
    • Vegeta - 30,000 - DB#275
    • Goku - 5,000 - DB#279 (suppressed)
    • Goku - 60,000 - DB#284 (suppressed)
    • Captain Ginyu - 60,000 - DB#284 (suppressed)
    • Goku Kaioken - 180,000 - DB#285
    • Captain Ginyu - 120,000 - DB#285
    • Nail - 42,000 - DB#286
    • Frieza 1st Form - 530,000 - DB#286
    • Frieza 2nd Form - over 1,000,000 - DB#296
    • Future Trunks - 5 - DB#331

The second form of measurement of Power Levels comes in the Buu arc, where Super Saiyan Goku is measured by Babidi's meter as "3000 Kilis" [DB #452] and Yakon is said to be 800 Kilis. In the anime Dabura says he can take on fighters equal to "4000 Kilis" [DBZ Ep 223].

No Caption Provided

Given the gaps, there will have to be something in the middle to help us out.

DAIZENSHUU

There are also official numbers released through the Daizenshuu, but one of the figures released through the Daizenshuu is that Raditz had a Power Level of 1,500, though many translations of the manga say that the Saibamen (PL 1200) were each as strong as Raditz. But even if that wasn't said, Piccolo fires a beam last measured at PL 1,330 through Raditz that at 1,500 he should've been able to take - were it not for Gohan weakening him [DB #203]. When Gohan did weaken Raditz by head-butting his chest, Gohan has a power level of 1,307:

No Caption Provided

It's important that Raditz says "The brat has more power than you!" because if Raditz really was only the same strength, you'd imagine him saying "The brat even has more power than me!" confidently knowing Gohan's PL was back down to "1" at this point. So Raditz power level must surely be above 1,307. That and the original Japanese manga doesn't say that the Saibamen are equal to Raditz, it says they rival or are comparable to Raditz.

So the Daizenshuu could appear to be reliable in many or most circumstances, and Akira Toriyama did oversee their production, so they do have legitimacy. Importantly, it's the Daizenshuu that give us Frieza's 4th Form Max at 120,000,000, and Frieza's power Level is a significant link between the Power Level section of Dragonball and the rest of the series, although appearing to have been pulled out of a hat and baring no relation to Frieza's original Power Level, so it's worth keeping an eye on.

2: DESTROYING THE MOON

Some people here will have read what I've written about Piccolo destroying the moon a bunch of times and for those that have, I sympathise, but I believe I have - over time - refined my ideas to a point I'm happy with.

DEBUNK 1

It has been argued that Piccolo would not have been Power Level 408 when he destroyed the Moon [DB #208] because Master Roshi destroyed the Moon and his power level is 139. The assumption being made is that when Master Roshi destroys the Moon with a "Maximum Power Kamehameha" [DB #51] he was twice as strong as before, so the real Power Level needed to destroy the Moon would be 278. However Yamcha believes that would kill Goku, and the Oozaru Ape form increase the Power Level by 10x. Even if Goku's Power Level was only 50 at the time, his Oozaru would be 500.

Add to this the events of the Resurrection F saga in Dragonball Super in the movie, manga [RoF #3] and anime [DBS Ep 21], Master Roshi uses his Buff mode - just like when he destroyed the Moon - and takes on several of Frieza's men, who are known to generally be of Power Level around 1,000.

No Caption Provided

It's more likely that Master Roshi's buff mode is a 10x multiplier like the Oozaru, than just a doubler, therefore Master Roshi's power in Buff could be far too high to measure the Moons destruction by. The weakest person to ever destroy the moon was Piccolo. The truth is Master Roshi is too much of a question mark to rely on.

PICCOLO'S FEAT

When Piccolo fights Raditz the very first time and hopelessly loses [DB #195] he has a weighted PL of 322 though his true unweighted power was 408. Freiza states that taking off the weighted clothing will only make Piccolo faster, not stronger, so even though Raditz's scouter says 322, his ki blast power without a power-up would still be 408. Not powering up is important because that's how Piccolo fired his Ki blast. When he destroys the Moon [DB #208], Piccolo's weighted PL is 329, higher than the 322 when facing Raditz, so he's gotten stronger.

Now either the weighted clothes take a proportion of Piccolo's apparent PL away (408 - 322 = 86 which is 21% of full power) in which case his true PL would be 417, or there is a specific gap the weights make, which would be 86 and his new PL would be 415. I'm more inclined to believe that it's a proportional difference, otherwise Piccolo wouldn't bother removing it against Frieza as the Power Levels would be so great that the difference would be negligible. So Piccolo destroyed the Moon with a Power Level of not more than 417.

No Caption Provided

But could he use full power that quickly?

DEBUNK 2

It has been argued that because Piccolo didn't power up, he didn't use his full power, but that's not necessarily true. When Vegeta's power has increased from 18,000 to 24,000 after healing after his fight with Goku on Earth, he fights Dodoria. The Daizenshuu suggest his Power Level is 22,000. This is backed up by Dodoria's reaction to the news that Vegeta had eclipsed 22,000, so it's likely to be accurate:

No Caption Provided

Vegeta kills an aware Dodoria with a single Ki blast without powering up, and Vegeta's expression is no different to Piccolo's - they are both using effort. For this to happen, Vegeta needs to have raised his power to over 22,000 quickly since Dodoria is trying to escape. But only a little over 22,000 wouldn't be enough to wipe him out in one blast. It would need significantly more, but without powering up, Vegeta only has 24,000 to give, and so it seems reasonable that a character should be able to use a full power Ki blast without powering up, but not a specifically high powered ki blast like a Kamehameha, Special Beam Cannon or Gallic Gun without powering up. And therefore it's reasonable to say that Piccolo indeed could have used his full power that quickly in a Ki blast.

No Caption Provided

Whether or not he did is a different issue, he may have used less, but the effort on his face and the urgency of the situation suggest he would have used everything he could muster in that moment. Up to this point Piccolo has never seen anyone destroy anything remotely close to the size of the Moon before in Dragonball, so there's no reason to think he wouldn't put his all into it just like Master Roshi did.

CONCLUSION

It's my opinion that Piccolo was perfectly capable of using his full power in a Ki blast without powering up, but not more as he didn't concentrate his attack, and I believe that Power Level to be 417.

I dont think, however, that Piccolo using a Power Level of 417 would be readily accepted by the community -even though I believe in it- but it must be acknowledged that his power had risen since the Raditz fight, so I will use the 415 Power Level in the interests of not high-balling, when using this number later on.

It's also worth noting that when Piccolo destroyed the Moon, he vaporised it, meaning that he could probably have destroyed the Moon with less power without vaporising, but it's impossible to know how much less, and since Roshi's feat never gave a clue to his power level or how the moon was destroyed, there's little point in debate.

So I will say that it took a power of 415 to vaporise the Moon. I will though, provide figures based on this and the 408 figure as I'm also sure that the community will also be reluctant to acknowledge the extent of Piccolo's growth and apply it.

3: ENERGY and VAPORISATION

There are many ways to apply energy to matter in such high quantities that sufficient bonds within the matter will be broken and atoms and particles will become individual and unlinked to others, i.e. vaporisation. In DBZ they use Ki energy, in the real world this can be achieved with heat, electricity, high energy electromagnetic radiation such as gamma rays and ultra high velocity collision.

The application of the energy may be different but the level of energy required to apply to bonds in order to break them is the same. One large real world explosive that has temperatures high enough to vaporise large amounts of matter is the nuclear bomb.

WHAT SIZE OF NUKE TO DESTROY THE MOON?

All nuclear blasts are different are extremely hard to predict accurately because not all of the nuclear material in a nuke will be used in the process and the amount that is used in seemingly identical amounts of nuclear material can produce different blast energy yields, but there is a range of predictable destruction that relates to the kiloton yield of the weapon itself.

The radius r (in feet) of the cavity is proportional to the cube root of the yield y (in kilotons), r = 55 * y^​(1/​3). For an example, an 8 kiloton explosion will create a cavity with radius of 110 feet (33.53m) which is the Melt Cavity (vaporised) and Crush Zone.

No Caption Provided

Assuming this equation is consistent and nukes are more consistent, this means that if you know the radius of an amount of rock you want to vaporise, you can use this equation and this table to discover how much of a yield is required by the nuke. The Moons radius is 1,737 km, or 1,737,000m which is what the Melt Cavity must be. Putting the radius of the Moon in the middle of the Melt Cavity range, this means a total theoretical cavity of somewhere in the region of 7,599,375m (24,932,333 ft) which includes the Melt Cavity and the Crush Zone.

Rearranging the equation to make 'y' the subject, I'll use the equation to see how many kilotons of yield are required to vaporise the moon.

• y = r^3 / 55^3
    • y = 24,932,333^3 / 166375
    • y = 93,153,824,053,382,218 kilotons or 93.154 exatons

However, these equations use a constant that is based on the density of rock (2600kg/m^3), but the Moon has a mean density (3340kg/m^3) that is 1.2845x greater than that of general rock. Accounting for this the size of the nuke required to vaporise the Moon would be 119.667 exatons yield.

HOW ABOUT THE EARTH?

The Earth has a radius of 6,371 km, or 6,371,000m. Using that as the Melt Cavity would give a total theoretical cavity including Melt Cavity and Crush Zone of 27,873,125m (91,447,260 ft). Using this, the kiloton yield for a nuke to vaporise the Earth would be:

• y = r^3 / 55^3
    • y = 91,447,260^3 / 166375
    • y = 4,596,465,700,869,358,312 kilotons or 4,596 exatons

Again though the mean density of Earth is not 2.6 tonnes per cubic meter, it's 5.51 or 5510kg/m^3. Accounting for this, the size of the nuke needed to vaporise the Earth would be 9.741 zettatons yield.

OTHER CELESTIAL BODIES?

The 9.741 zettatons of the Earth is 81.4x bigger than that required for the Moon (119.667 exatons yield), which is also the difference between the Earth's mass and the that of the Moon (5.972 × 10^24 kg / 7.348 × 10^22 kg = 81.3) - the difference of 0.1 can be accounted for in the rounding up of the radii of the Moon and Earth.

What these numbers show is that the amount of energy required to vaporise the Moon and the Earth when accounting for the difference in density is equal to the difference in mass, which makes sense since Mass is a measure of how much matter is present and it's matter we're vaporising. Therefore, to know how much Ki is required to destroy a Celestial Body can be related to the Moon, it's mass and how high a Power Level was required to destroy it.

4: CELESTIAL BODIES & THE KI TO DESTROY THEM

Using the Moon and Piccolo's Power Level(s) as a basis, and knowing that the level of energy needed to destroy a specific amount of mass, its possible to calculate the Ki required to vaporise other Celestial Bodies within our Solar System.

Celestial BodyMass (x10^22)
    in kilograms
    Mass
    (as Multiple
    of Moon)
    Ki for
    Vaporisation
    (415)
    Ki for
    Vaporisation
    (408)
    The Moon7.351415408
    Pluto1.310.1787473
    Mercury33.024.491,8641,832
    Mars64.1858.733,6233,562
    Venus486.8566.2427,49027,026
    Earth597.3681.2733,72733,158
    Uranus8,683.21,181.39490,277482,007
    Neptune10,2431,393.61578,348568,593
    Saturn56,8467,734.153,209,6723,155,533
    Jupiter189,86025,831.2910,719,98510,539,166
    The Sun198,855,00027,055,10211,227,867,33011,038,481,616

The Sun itself accounts for 99.86% of the mass of the entire Solar System, so assuming a character knew a technique to do it, it would take a Power Level of 11,243,608,382 or 11,053,957,156 to destroy the Solar System. These, I believe Toriyama would round off to 11,245,000,000 and 11,055,000,000 respectively.

5: FRIEZA

If the Daizenshuu is correct, and remember its writing was overseen by Akira Toriyama though isn't always accurate, Max Power 4th Form Frieza had a Power Level of 120,000,000. But was Frieza's Power Level really that high? I could imagine someone working on the Daizenshuu asking Toriyama what Frieza's max power was, saying "I was thinking around 120,000,000" and Toriyama saying "Sounds about right".

But how do you get to 120,000,000?

FRIEZA'S 1st & 2nd FORMS

Well, none of the transformations in the manga are given a specific multiplier. The anime on the other hand states that Oozaru Great Ape is 10x stronger than base, but even that is about all for the anime. The closest in the manga is when Frieza goes from 530,000 to over 1 million.

No Caption Provided

If Frieza's power doubled in this transformation, it would be 1,060,000, which would enough to surpass 1 million, but not by so much that would make Frieza need to describe it in another way, especially since the only person Frieza told his original strength to was Nail, so there'd be little point in telling Vegeta his power had doubled as a frame of reference, but Vegeta understand the number 1 million as a Power Level very well. So it seems likely that this transformation doubles his strength.

FRIEZA'S 3rd FORM

Now we dont know how much power Frieza's next transformation but in his 2nd Form Piccolo is a match for him, in fact Vegeta notes that Piccolo is actually better than Frieza [DB #301], though the fight is close, so not by much. When Frieza transforms again into his 3rd form, his power increases greatly, but not so much a newly healed Gohan can't give him a little trouble. At this point, from the action it's likely that Both Piccolo's and Gohan's powers are over 1 million with Piccolo maybe being 1.1 million. And Frieza manages their combined efforts without giving too much ground.

If we think back to when Piccolo (408) was fighting Raditz (1500) with Goku (416), their powers amounted to little under a third of Raditz but combined they managed to defeat him. Were Raditz only around a Power Level of 800, they would have been able to defeat him without Goku sacrificing his life. So given that Frieza felt the need to transform into his forth form without being too pushed, it seems likely that he felt a combined effort by Piccolo and Gohan along with Vegeta and Krillin throwing Destructo Discs may have been too much for him. Going by the Piccolo/Goku/Raditz fight it would seem that Freiza's 3rd Form would be around 3x higher than his 2nd or a Power Level of 3,180,000 at this point.

FRIEZA'S FINAL FORM

We know that;

• in whatever fraction of his full power he's using, Final form Frieza is too powerful to even be touched by Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin combined [DB #305].
    • they cant see him move, though Vegeta can and kicks Gohan out of the way of an attack. Vegeta also manages to surprise Frieza with a max power ki blast, but it was delt with easily enough.
    • Goku is more powerful than Vegeta when he arrives to face Frieza as he could tag him when Vegeta couldn't [DB #307], but not powerful enough not to have to use Kaioken x10 while doing it [DB #312].
    • Goku had to use Kaioken x20 to roughly match Frieza at 50%.

If Goku roughly matched Kaioken x20 to 50% Frieza, that means Kaioken x40 would be roughly 100% Frieza and that Goku without Kaioken would be around 1/40th of Frieza's max. Knowing that Vegeta at his death is stronger than 3rd Form Frieza but weaker than Goku Kaioken x10/25% Frieza, due to Vegeta being able to cope with Final Form Friezas speed until he raised his power again, and knowing that Goku was weaker than Vegeta when both recovered from near evenly fatal wounds, Goku would have been stronger than Gohan but weaker than Vegeta when he recovered and began to fight Frieza - hence why he was using Kaioken x10 the whole time. So placing Goku somewhere around the Power Level of 3rd Form Frieza could be about right.

So I believe what's happened is that someone working on Daizenshuu 7 under Akira Toriyama has rounded down Frieza's first transformation to PL 1,000,000, his 2nd transformation made the fight like Piccolo+Goku vs Raditz, so is 3 times stronger (3,000,000) and based on Goku's kaioken x20 and Frieza's 50% has made Frieza's final transformation 40x stronger to make it a PL of 120,000,000 and assumed Goku to be 3,000,000 based on that.

You only have to look at Toriyama's choices for power levels after Goku arrives to fight the Saiyans to know he prefers nice round numbers, so it seems fitting that Frieza's

• 1st Form <2x< 2nd Form <3x< 3rd Form <40x< Final Form, and not something like
    • 1st Form <1.887x< 2nd Form <2.72x< 3rd Form <44.11x< Final Form

So using these multipliers against Frieza's 1st Form Power Level of 530,000, his max power is likely much closer to 127,200,000, which is not too far away from the 120,000,000 in the Daizenshuu, but it does seem as if the Daizenshuu writers conveniently forgot about the 30,000 that also needed to be multiplied.

5: SAIYAN TRANSFORMATIONS

According to an interview in Super Exciting Guide: Story Volume, Akira Toriyama explains why Goku's hair turned gold as a Super Saiyan. He follows the answer up with:

Only, at the time, it was considered that his strength would increase 50-fold when he became a Super Saiyan, but that was a bit of an exaggeration. My feeling as the creator is that, while drawing it, I felt that it was about a 10-fold change from what it was up to that point.

Goku's use of the Kaioken means it couldn't be the case that Super Saiyan was only 10x stronger. As I've already shown, Frieza at max power was 40x stronger than Goku since 50% Frieza was roughly equal to Kaioken x20.

I think that Akira Toriyama is referring to a discussion with his editors on his initial ideas of what the Super Saiyan would be like. There are a number of accounts described by Toriyama about clashes with the editors about what would happen in the series. This sounds like another one, that while presenting the character and storyboard, he felt Super Saiyan should be 10x stronger and the editors felt it should be much larger like 50x.

If I had to guess, I would think that this discussion took place while the fight with 3rd Form Frieza was taking place and either has already been part published, or had already been inked. Why do I say that? because it seems clear that the 1st transformation is 2x higher and the 2nd transformation is 3x higher. It would make sense that the 3rd transformation be 4x higher.

Imagining for a moment that when Goku arrived, was only half as strong as 3rd Form Frieza instead of about the same. That would make final form Frieza 8x stronger than him. Goku would still be able to use the Kaioken, but instead of using Kaioken x10 like it was nothing, it would be more like Kaioken x4 as used against Vegeta and ruin his body, like Kaioken x20 did, giving Frieza the advantage again. Goku then turns Super Saiyan and can remain at 10x power for the rest of the fight, over-powering Frieza.

What happened though, was instead of Frieza's smaller power increases which were regarded by Frieza as huge power increases of 2x and 3x multipliers, his 3rd transformation is suddenly 40x higher, which seems far out from what it should be when looking at the other two. If 2 and 3 times higher is considered "huge" by Frieza, what the hell must he consider 40x to be? When you think of it, it really has little effect on most of the fight but for a couple of pages.

So it looks like this is where Akira Toriyama had to adapt his ideas because of the editors and change Frieza's power-up to match more closely Goku's Super Saiyan 50x multiplier imposed upon him. Whatever the point it happened, a 50x multiplier makes sense and the fact he says "at the time" and "while drawing it" shows that he's talking about a time before it was actually published. This is an admission in a round about way by Toriyama that Super Saiyan has a 50x multiplier, but he was never happy about it.

SUPER SAIYAN 2 and 3

In the same release, Super Exciting Guide: Story Volume, there is a section that describes the multiplier of the other transformations.

No Caption Provided

If Toriyama had to change Super Saiyan from x10 to x50, and Frieza's 3rd transformation from x4 to x40, he dragged things back under his control with Super Saiyan 2 being 2x stronger and Super Saiyan 3 being 4x stronger. In turn these figures highlight the size of the x40 and x50 multipliers of Frieza and Gokus transformations. Nevertheless, these are official releases and according to the introduction of the Super Exciting Guide′s training section, all the information in it is based on data that was supervised by Toriyama, however the clincher for me that these are Toriyama's idea is that SS2 and SS3 multipliers are in line with the low ones Frieza initially had..

As for the nature of the transformations, in an interview in Saikyō Jump June 2014 Issue, Toriyama said:

No Caption Provided

This explains why Gotenks can transform into Super Saiyan 3 and why Vegeta doesn't bother to try in Dragonball Super. There's is no real need to be able to transform into Super Saiyan 2 to be able to transform into Super Saiyan 3 as they are both just powered up versions of the Super Saiyan.

6: CELL

When Gohan failed to destroy Cell quickly enough, he chose to self-destruct and kill everyone. Goku used Instant Transmission to take Cell away from Earth and allowed Cell to explode on King Kai's planet and he couldn't think of anywhere more remote and he needs a Ki to lock on to in order to use Instant Transmission. It makes sense. But Cell didn't die. One tiny part of him remained, his core, and as long as it remained in tact, he could regenerate. When he did and recovered he learned Instant Transmission, having seen it 4 times by this point, and came back to Earth even more powerful than he was before. He made a claim at this point that he was capable of destroying the Solar System [DB #416].

No Caption Provided

Now you imagine that he means destroying the Solar System in one almighty blast or bomb but all you really need to do is kill the Sun, the rest will follow. At 99.86% of the Solar Systems mass, if you can destroy the Sun, the planets are small fry.

Going by the previously calculated numbers Cell's power level is at either 11,245,000,000 (416) or 11,055,000,000 (408), right?

THE SUN

The thing is, the Sun is ionised gas with a density just 1.41x greater than water. Its essentially a giant ball of condensed protons, and Hydrogen and Helium nuclei. There's so much of it that the gravity it creates (28x that of Earth) causes an immense outward pressure at the core called Electron Degeneracy Pressure -which resists the compression of sub-atomic matter into a smaller space- to be overcome, fusing protons in a process that will lead to Hydrogen nuclei and fusing Hyrdogen eventually into Helium nuclei.

It would be very difficult to vaporise something like the Sun which is literally only bound together by it's huge gravity. You can't break bonds that dont exist, all that would happen is that Cell would simply be adding energy to the system.

But what about that energy? When these fusions take place they release energy in the form of radiation and this energy pushes outward expanding the star, which is why the Sun has only the density of 1.41 tonnes per cubic metre. If you increase the energy within a closed system, the pressure rises. In the Sun, introducing a huge amount more energy into the 14 million Kelvin core would increase the pressure even more greatly and two things would happen:

1. The rate at which fusion happens would increase greatly, creating more energy and adding to,
    2. The pressure pushing outward, which would also increase greatly.

SUPERNOVA

99% of nuclear fusion takes place in the central 24% of the Sun [http://science.sciencemag.org/content/316/5831/1591], a ball 432,000km in radius which contains 0.2 solar masses, or 20% of the Suns mass. Cell doesn't need to input enough energy to vaporise the Sun, he only need to input the energy required to vaporise the core - but this wont vaporise the core, it will only add energy, in huge quantities.

The addition of vast quantities of energy equivalent to a 647.5 yottaton yield nuke (20% of 27,055,102x the yield to vaporise the Moon) or 2.709 trillion yotta-joules of energy (2.709 x 10^36 J) (4.184 gigajoules per ton [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNT_equivalent]). This is around 82,000 times more than the total energy output of the Sun for an entire day (3.3 × 10^31 J [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(energy)#.3E_1025_J]).

If Cell added this amount of energy to the core of the Sun, the Sun would react by expanding the core at an explosive rate as the Sun suddenly gains 269 years of energy output within a few seconds. To do this Cell would need a Power Level of 2,248,721,676 (Piccolo 415 PL vs Moon) or 2,210,791,431 (Piccolo 408 PL vs Moon).

So rounding off (Toriyama likes nice round numbers), Cell would need a Power Level of 2,250,000,000 (415) or 2,210,000,000 (408) to make the Sun go Supernova, and that would constitute destroying the Sun and just a small proportion of that (15,741,052 or 15,475,540 - 0.14% in both cases) would be needed to destroy the rest of the Solar System.

SUPER PERFECT CELL vs FRIEZA

Using my figures for Frieza (PL 127,200,000) Super Perfect Cell is either 17.7x stronger or 17.4x stronger than Frieza, with a mean average of the two being 17.5x stronger. The question is, is it plausible for Cell to be 17.5x stronger than Frieza?

7: LINKS FROM FRIEZA TO CELL

Before reading the following, it's worth remembering what even a small difference in strength can mean. The simplest and probably most well known example of power classes is in boxing. If you have two equally skilled fighters in two different weight categories, the heavier fighter will invariably win. These are the Olympic weight classes:

• Light-Flyweight 49kg
    • Flyweight 52kg (1.06x Light-Flyweight)
    • Bantamweight 56kg (1.08x Flyweight)
    • Lightweight 60kg (1.07x Bantamweight)
    • Light-Welterweight 64kg (1.07x Lightweight)
    • Welterweight 69kg (1.08x Light-Welterweight)
    • Middleweight 75kg (1.09x Welterweight)
    • Light-Heavyweight 81kg (1.08x Middleweight)
    • Heavyweight 91kg (1.12x Light-Heavyweight)
    • Super-heavyweight over 91kg

There are similar differences between weight classes as there are between Vegeta (24k) and Dodoria (22k) & 1st form Zarbon (~23k). In both of those fights, Vegeta was victorious and Dodoria especially was easy. Zarbon was similar to a Flyweight vs a Light-Flyweight, while Dodoria was similar to a Heavyweight vs a Light-Heavyweight. When Vegeta (24k) faced Cui (18k), the difference was similar to a Heavyweight vs a Welterweight. When Goku faced Recoome, the difference was similar to a Heavyweight fighting a Light-Flyweight.

I realise that these fighters are not boxers, but the analogy applies. You would never put a Light-Flyweight in the ring with a Heavyweight. It would mean annihilation. Even jumping just one weightclass is risky, like Dodoria and Vegeta. So bare this in mind when reading the rest because how the fights on Namek and their comparative powers help to judge the following fights and comparisons.

COMPARATIVE POWERS

FRIEZA superseded himself as MECHA-FRIEZA and thought himself now roughly equivalent to SS Goku on Namek, making Mecha-Frieza about PL 150,000,000, or 1.18x stronger than Frieza on Namek:

No Caption Provided

TRUNKS too is likely around about SS Goku's power level on Namek and Gohan recognises the Ki. Most people assume Trunks to be stronger than Frieza because Frieza is beaten so easily, but Trunks doesn't simply deflect, endure or block Frieza's high powered initial ki blast, he escapes it. Likewise, Frieza and King Cold escape his and as they escape, Trunks comes from behind and above and cuts Frieza in half with a sword. As you can imagine, two more-or-less equal characters fight and one has a sword, the guy with the sword is gonna win, especially if he sneaks up from behind. There's no evidence that actually suggests that Trunks IS stronger than Mecha-Frieza, especially considering the above when Gohan suggests Frieza isn't at full power. It suggest Trunks won because as he said [DB #331] he'll give no mercy. So I think Mecha-Frieza, SS Goku (Namek) and SS Trunks are all more or less the same strength, give or take a couple of per cent.

No Caption Provided

GOKU on returning to Earth after a year, three hours after Trunks killed Frieza, had a confrontation with SS Trunks in which Trunks attacked Goku with a sword and Goku stopped him with a finger [DB #334] after covering it with protective Ki. After the test, Trunks is impressed with Goku's abilities but Goku points out that Trunks was holding back.

No Caption Provided

It's not really possible to compare these two characters just from that confrontation, but you do imagine that Goku is more powerful after a year than he was. However he does say that he trained with the inhabitant of planet Yardrat that he only had time to learn one technique but he wasn't there very long. Although he's been away a year and surely has gotten stronger, since Goku spent the rest of the time out in space in a Ginyu Space Ship he probably hasn't gotten that much stronger. But this isn't as important as the 3 years of training until the Androids arrive.

When Goku starts fighting Android 19 [DB #340] the sweat on his face tells you he's struggling from the beginning. Nevertheless he is easily winning, but Piccolo notes that Goku is already fighting all out and should be far stronger.

No Caption Provided

It would be easy to take what's said here and imagine that SS Goku should be several times stronger than the Androids, but as I've already proved, Toriyama considers 2x or 3x multipliers to be "huge" power-ups. Given that Goku is stronger than Android 19 but not strong enough to kill him with a single punch, it's reasonable to say that Goku is less than 1.3x stronger than A19 during this fight (1.3x being how much stronger Vegeta was than Cui when he nearly killed him with a single punch), but still strong enough at this level to not even be touched by the Android, so at least Vegeta/Dodoria proportions higher in power. However, when the tables turn after 19 absorbs a Kamehameha, Android 19 has a similar fight with Goku as Vegeta did with 1st form Zarbon (PL ~23k), so about 1.05x stronger than Goku.

VEGETA fought a stronger Android 19 than Goku did as he absorbed Gokus Kamehameha, much of which went to replenishing his reserves to be as strong as before and then an increase on top while Goku's power dropped. 19 then jumped on Goku and absorbed much more of his power becoming even stronger. Vegeta takes on the Android easily but loses more energy than he lets on before eventually destroying Android 19 [DB #345]. In the end, Vegeta deals with Android 19 with similar ease as he did Dodoria when Vegeta had a Power Level of 24k and Dodoria 22k and so I would estimate that Vegeta is a similar level above 19 as he was above Dodoria, about 1.1x stronger and probably 1.2-1.3x stronger than 19 before the fight.

No Caption Provided

At this point, Piccolo is not stronger than Android 20 [DB #346], but he explains he can focus his attacks to be stronger just after tearing the arm off of him.

TRUNKS vs ANDROID 17 was a complete mis-match. Even though Trunks is a Super Saiyan, and Android 17 is holding back, he still nearly takes Trunks out in a single punch. When Android 18 throws Vegeta at him, it finishes him off. This is very similar to when Vegeta killed Cui, except that instead of finishing Trunks off with a Ki blast, he was just delivered another blow and Android 17 was not going all out, but he still put effort into the punch, much the way 18 did against Vegeta when not going all out. If she hadn't she wouldn't have hurt him.

Someone can only go "all out" for short periods, they will quickly tire (obviously not the Androids but the point is the apparent effort). Metabolically, you can put 70% effort in and last a long time, but 70% effort is still substantial effort. This is how I feel the androids and other fighters initially test each other because they can't sense each others power levels. Once you hit 75% you start to tire more quickly and a human body will need energy much more quickly. The Androids dont need to concern themselves with this, but they WERE human. So I imagine that Android 17 was at 70-75% effort when treating Trunks like Vegeta did Cui. This would make Android 17 about 1.75x more powerful than Trunks.

ANDROID 18 is actually very similar in strength to Vegeta when they fight [DB #352]. It's even at first but they're both holding back. Then 18 uses her full power and she beats down Vegeta for a short time until Vegeta uses full power and the fight is even again. Vegeta only starts losing because because he wears himself down at such a pace while Android 18 has an infinite power supply. Stamina aside, they are roughly equal.

ANDROID 17 and PICCOLO (fused) were both stronger than Android 18 to the point that they are equal [DB #367]. The question is, how much stronger than her were they? There are no clues, but they are twins and both engineered in the same way as cyborgs with infinite batteries and a bomb if needed, so it's difficult to imagine they are anything but close in power, but they both have Dr Gero's data on the fighters and each other so there's no reason to believe 17 isn't stronger, even if the difference is small.

No Caption Provided

When Android 18 was fighting Vegeta, 17 took out SS Trunks, Piccolo and Tien with ease and didn't kill them even though he could have. Vegeta is the only one who stands roughly level, but his stamina lets him down. Likely there are only 1-2% difference between them, since they are twins and built the same way with the same power sources.

IMPERFECT CELL and ANDROID 16 are equals. Stamina aside, Android 17 and Piccolo are equals. When Cell arrives to absorb the androids [DB #370], he's so much stronger than Piccolo that Piccolo doesn't even try to fight at first and just allows him to walk by, but this is more through being stunned by the increase in Cells power than it is fear. Android 17 is still capable of dodging a number of Cells attacks, but they are simple and Cell quickly grabs a hold of him and takes control. And he takes on Piccolo's hits without even looking and Piccolo's full power blast doesn't even hurt him and one real punch from Cell breaks Piccolo's neck.

No Caption Provided

This again, is like Vegeta taking out Cui, though not quite to the same extent as Piccolo had been weakened by the Ki blast he fired at Cell by the time he was punched, but I think it's close to the same, so I'd say Imperfect Cell and Android 16 are about 1.25x stronger than Piccolo and Android 17.

SEMI PERFECT CELL is a much easier concept. He absorbed the power of Android 17. So Semi-Perfect Cell is the same as Imperfect Cell + Android 17, and now has an infinite power source to compliment his own enormous Ki.

If Trunks's Power Level before he trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber was 150,000,000, based on these estimations, the following table is true:

No Caption Provided

CONCLUSION

From the point Cell becomes Perfect to when he becomes Super Cell, which is effectively Cell turning Super Saiyan 2, Cell is injured and recovers three times. One heavy injury against Vegeta which he laughs off, and another after his fight against Goku in the "tournament". The heavy injury he endured because of Vegeta was something he recovered from using Piccolo's cells. Like Piccolo, this used up energy, but Cell was so far ahead of Vegeta it made little difference. However it was still a serious injury and once Cell had fully recovered after his fight with Trunks, due to his Saiyan cells he would have gained in strength.

The same can be said of Cell after his fight with Goku when he ate a senzu bean to recover after using up a lot of energy, but the third is the largest and it's when Cell came back from the verge of death after he self destructed. Cell recovered and gained the ability to power up the same way Gohan did. Considering from the point he first becomes Perfect Cell to Super Perfect Cell, the increase in Power Level only needs to increase by between 2.6x and 2.65x.

Cell only need increase his strength by 1.3 - 1.32x by recovering from his injuries before doubling his Power Level in his Super Saiyan 2 transformation (note the electricity) [DB #413].

No Caption Provided

I find it perfectly reasonable and even likely that yes, Super Perfect Cell had a Power Level of between 2,210,000,000 and 2,250,000,000.

8: CELL TO BUU

DABURA

Goku and Vegeta guess that Dabura is about the same level as Cell (most likely Perfect). Goku admits that Dabura is tougher than he thought when he actually sees him fight, but that Gohan has been slacking off and is weaker now than when he was a kid. Since they are fairly evenly matched at Gohan being a Super Saiyan and not using Super Saiyan 2, this puts Dabura and SS Gohan of the Buu saga somewhere between Cell before he self-destructed and Gohan before he turned SS2 since Dabura is stronger than Perfect Cell but Gohan is weaker than he was against Cell.

No Caption Provided

Knowing that Cell recovering from near death gave him the SS2 power-up, his full power previous to self-destruction should have been half Super Perfect Cell at somewhere around 1,115,000,000 and Dabura and Buu Saga SS Gohan should still be above this. It's difficult to tell how much stronger than this SS Gohan was during the Cell Games because Cell was still hiding his power level when they fought. It was only when Gohan surned SS2 that Cell went full power. But if Cell was 2,230,000,000 (an average of 416 and 408, how powerful was SS2 Gohan?

The fact is, Gohan was a LOT stronger than Perfect Cell. When Cell became Super Saiyan 2 [DB #413] he killed Trunks. Vegeta was so enraged that even though he knew he stood no chance at all he charged and blasted Super Cell out of rage [DB #414]. Cell knocked him unconscious then decided to kill him. Gohan dives into the way and shields Vegeta from the attack. It's at this point Cell decides to finish Gohan off and starts a full power Kamehameha. Gohan stands to take it and accept his fate until he hears Goku's words of encouragement from Otherworld using King Kai. Gohan doesn't see the point in fighting because he's lost half his energy, but as usual Gohan doesn't know how strong he really is.

No Caption Provided

It's unclear if Gohan really did lose half his energy or if he just thought it did, like how his Ki used to plummet immediately after doing something extraordinary - such as against Raditz or 3rd Form Frieza - and it just needed Goku to make him see he still had it. Either way, even injured Gohan had more than enough power to take on and defeat a fully powered Super (SS2) Perfect Cell.

This is similar to, how Goku (PL 8000) Kaioken x3 Kamehameha was equal to Vegeta's (24,000) Gallic Gun, then Goku went Kaioken x4 [DB #231]. Vegeta survived because his armour took some of the blast as he told Krillin and Gohan it would [DB #291] and because the kamehameha blew him high into the atmosphere. Cell stood his ground, has no armour and was torn apart. So it's suggestible that SS2 Gohan was 1.3x as Super Perfect Cell with a PL 2,900,000,000, meaning SS Gohan was 1.3x as strong as Perfect Cell with a PL of 1,450,000,000.

This means Dabura and Buu Saga SS Gohan were between 1,115,000,000 and 1,450,000,000 in power level, and given Goku's noticing how much Gohan must have been slacking off in peace-time, I'd say it was on the lower end of that range, and knowing Toriyama's liking for nice round numbers, it would seem practical to place their powers to around 1,200,000,000 each.

SS2 GOKU AND VEGETA

One of Babidi's top fighter's, Yakon, has a power Level of 800 Kilis. When the lights go out to suit Yakon in his fight, Goku turns Super Saiyan to light the place up and is measured to have a power level of 3000 Kilis [DB #451]. But what is a "Kili" worth?

Well I can tell you what it isn't worth. In a 2004 issue of VJump in a section called Capsule Corp Q&A someone called Dr Dragonball says "I will teach you DB's magic", and people ask Dr. DB questions such as "Was Nappa always bald?" only to get the answer "He is bald! Thank you , next issue!!" so it's not the best. Nevertheless Dr Dragonball answered a question on Kilis which is the only information I have ever been able to find on the issue.

No Caption Provided

But this isn't true, nor is it official. It's just a guy's opinion. Goku is far stronger in the Buu saga than when he first became a Super Saiyan, Vegeta mentions when they first fight that Goku was "Impressive" because as Super Saiyan 2 he was stronger than Gohan when he fought Cell. So 3000 Kilis is not equal to 150 million and so 1 Kili does not equal a power level of 50,000.

Logically, if SS Goku is 3,000 Kilis then:

• Goku = 60 Kilis
    • Majin Vegeta = 60 Kilis
    • SS Gohan = <3,000 Kilis
    • Dabura = <3,000 Kilis
    • Majin SS Vegeta = 3,000 Kilis
    • SS2 Goku = 6,000 Kilis
    • Majin SS2 Vegeta = 6,000 Kilis
    • SS3 Goku = 24,000 Kilis

So you might think that in the anime, Dabura claimed to be able to beat people with powers over 4,000 Kilis, how could he do that if he's less than 3,000 Kilis himself? Well, Dabura also said [DB #451] it would take more than power to defeat him. He does breathe fire and conjure swords, and Goku can see he uses magic, this is how Dabura can punch above his weight, just because he can beat 4,000 Kili warriors doesn't mean he needs to be one.

No Caption Provided

You might also think that with base Goku only having a PL of 60 Kilis that he wouldn't stand a chance against Yakon. Well he dodged Yakons attack it's true, but Yakon thought he'd be a piece of cake. At the same time as dodging, Goku kicked Yakon square in the face and the only thing Yakon seemed to notice was the dodge. Goku also thought Yakon would be slow but he wasn't. Though when you think about it, he may have been fast up against base Goku, but for a character more than 13x stronger, yes, he was pretty slow.

No Caption Provided

Goku and Vegeta are more or less even from the way they fight [DB #458] Vegeta notes that Goku is more powerful than Gohan when he fought Cell. The problem is knowing just how much stronger Goku is - whatever it is, it's not a lot more, at least, it's not made to sound like a lot more. None of the translations I've seen have made the surpassing of Gohan sound substantial, including my own using a Text Capture program and an online translator.

No Caption Provided

With that in mind and with Cell Games SS2 Gohan's PL at 2,900,000,000, it's possible and very convenient that Buu Saga SS2 Goku (and therefore SS2 Vegeta) are at PL 3,000,000,000. Were this to be the case 1 Kili would be 500,000, not 50,000.

TRUNKS and GOTEN

This is one of the more difficult ones and uses one of the larger assumptions. During the World Tournament arc when Mr Satan (Hercule) suggests there should be a Battle Royale [DB #453], Goten and Trunks have dressed up as Mighty Mask and take on Android 18 together. Eventually they turn Super Saiyan to try and beat her and when Android 18 see's the yellow aura, she knows why Mighty Mask has a strange body shape. Trunks fires a not-full powered Big Tree Cannon and Android 18 only just avoids it. Realising how power they've become she knows she needs to end the match quickly and throws a Destructo Disc to split hem up so she can win through their disqualification.

No Caption Provided

Unless the still human part of her managed to, Android 18 shouldn't be able to sense Power Levels and the only other time she felt the need to dodge a Ki blast was Vegeta's and it was to show her speed not lack of resilience. When this happens, Android 18 realises she needs to end the fight quickly or she'll be taken down. Given that she only just dodged it and the power makes her sweat, this beam is likely near her limit, but the beam itself is not full power meaning that SS Trunks is actually stronger than Android 18. The fact this is a strong but relaxed Big Tree Cannon suggests this is somewhere in the region of 70-75% of Trunks power meaning SS Trunks has a Power Level of around 350,000,000.

Trunks is slightly stronger than Goten, but they are more or less equal, so there's likely only around 2% between them, giving SS Goten a Power Level of roughly 343,000,000.

9: FUSIONS

There are any number of equations invented to account for the fusions and how the power levels work out but there is only one that was ever release in any kind of official capacity - the Super Exciting Guide: Story Volume page 63. It explains that fusion multiplies the powers.

No Caption Provided

As far as I can tell there has never been a separate one published for the Fusion Dance but there has never been a suggestion in the series that the results are any different. In fact Akira Toriyama himself said in an interview for Daizenshuu 6 that the reason he came up with the Potara fusion was because one of the movies had already used the Fusion Dance with Goku and Vegeta.

No Caption Provided

So the Potara Fusion acts in place of the Dance so there's no reason to believe what they do is any different, only their method. But how can it work?

In the Buu Saga it's obvious that SS2 is not strong enough for take Buu down, but at the same time while SS3 appears to be stronger than Majin Buu, it lasts just a few minutes because it uses up too much stamina. SS3 though IS stronger than Majin Buu and Goku even tells Vegeta this. The Potara Fusion Vegito doesn't fight Majin Buu - Gotenks does. But the numbers are too vast:

• Trunks (base) - 7,000,000
    • Goten (base) - 6,860,000
    • Gotenks (base) = 6,860,000 x 7,000,000 = 48,020,000,000,000 or 48 trillion.
    • This simply cannot be accurate because Majin Buu has to have a Power Level between 3,000,000,000 and 12,000,000,000, but when Gotenks first fought Buu he lost, and lost convincingly.

But then, you have to wonder why Akira Toriyama introduced this new way of measuring Power Levels, the Kili. As I've been through it already, I note that the Yakon and SS Goku Power Levels of 800 and 3,000 Kilis doesn't provide any kind of link at all with the Cell Games characters. If it was maintained that Dabura was as strong as Perfect Cell and he was given a Kili rating (which he isn't - even in the anime) then yes, that would be some kind of link, but as it is, the links to the Cell Games powers come from a comparison of Vegeta's and Goku's PLs with Gohans during the Cell Games and a comparison of Dabura with Cell. The Kili's dont actually add anything to the series at all...

Unless you have to use the Kili conversion as the Power Level you multiply to get the Fusion power. Using the previously determined value for 1 Kili:

• Trunks (base) - PL 7,000,000 - 14 Kilis
    • Goten (base) - PL 6,860,000 - 13.7 Kilis
    • Gotenks (base) - 14 x 13.7 = 192 Kilis = PL 96,000,000
    • SS Gotenks - PL 4,800,000,000 = 9,600 Kilis

This method works and the results fit with the other calculated values. The formula for calculating the Power Level of a Fusion character is:

No Caption Provided

10: MYSTIC GOHAN

While the rest are on Earth struggling with Buu, the Elder Supreme Kai from 15 generations ago works for 25 hours and more to unleash Gohans latent power and increase it further, such is the Old Kai's ability. Trunks and Goten recognise, when the Elder Kai is finished, that new Mystic Gohan is stronger than Super (SS3) Gotenks.

No Caption Provided

According to my calculations, SS3 Gotenks (base fusion) has a Power Level of 38,400,000,000 or 76,800 Kilis. If Mystic Gohan is stronger, but not much stronger, and taking advantage of Toriyama's liking for round numbers, Gohan having a Power Level of 40,000,000,000 or 80,000 Kilis seems likely for this version of Gohan.

MYSTIC MULTIPLIER

When Gohan first lifted the Z-Sword, I have his Power Level as calculated at 24,540,000 at base. By the time his training with the Z-Sword has ended, he swings it around like it's nothing. Clearly he has gotten much stronger. In the real world, when weight training (and the Z-Sword is very heavy) how many reps you do for each set determines how you're body will react.

• 1-5 Reps Per Set = Mostly Strength
    • 5-8 Reps Per Set = Strength AND Muscle Equally
    • 8-10 Reps Per Set = Muscle With Some Strength
    • 10-12 Reps Per Set = Muscle With Some Endurance
    • 12-15 Reps Per Set = Endurance With Some Muscle
    • 15-20 Reps Per Set = Mostly Endurance

You'll get something similar to the above from any workout program provider. Typically, the higher reps are done with lower weights, or with body weight. But in the case of Gohan, the Z-Sword starts of in the Mostly strength range and ends up in the Endurance range with the same heavy weight. That means his new Strength range is higher than it was before.

There are general calculations a person can use to calculate an estimation of their One Rep Max based on the weights they can lift and how many reps they can do it for. [One such calculator can be found here: http://strengthlevel.com] Using any arbitrary weight such as 100kg changing the rep number from 1 to 20 will increase the One Rep Max estimation to 166.5kg on a shoulder workout, which is where Gohan will feel most of the weight. At high reps the ORM is 1.665x higher than when the weight was ORM itself. Applying this to Gohan's Power Level through the use of the Z-Sword would put Gohan's PL at 24,540,000 x 1.665 = 40,859,100. I only use this as an estimation of the increase in Gohans power through his use of the Z-Sword and how it may apply to the increase he gains from going Mystic. It suggests that Mystic Gohan is 1,000x stronger than Gohan base.

But is the increase from 24.54 million PL to 40 million PL reasonable?

This is the first time Gohan [DB #472] and Goku lifted the sword for comparison.

No Caption Provided

Goku is clearly stronger that Gohan who can barely lift the sword. Goku on the other hand can swing it but finds it difficult. This is consistent with their base Power Levels of 24,540,000 vs 30,000,000 as I've calculated. But by the time Goku arrives [DB #478], Gohan has gotten stronger already and is approaching and close to Goku's strength.

No Caption Provided

A few hours later, Gohan is more than capable of handling the Z-sword with one hand only.

No Caption Provided

You might think it unreasonable that Gohan inprove so much in just one day, but Gohan has never trained like this before, he has a lot to gain from it. On his journey to Namek, Goku got 10x stronger in just 6 days of training, which is 1.67x stronger per day on average, and Gohan as we all know has greater potential to increase his power than any pure-blood Saiyan ever has. So it's perfectly reasonable for Gohan to increase his strength from 24,540,000 to 40,000,000 in just a day with training from Kibito and Supreme Kai using the Z-Sword.

Based on the above, it's my opinion that Gohan's Power Level after training with the Z-Sword is 40,000,000 and that the Mystic form is a 1,000x increase.

11: BUU

MAJIN BUU

Against SS2 Vegeta, Buu has no problems at all. Even when Vegeta self-destructs Buu recovers [DB #467]. Nothing can be gained by comparing Buu's resilience between attacks as would normally help because Buu is so easily damaged, even by bullets from a machin gun, his regeneration ability is so outstanding that he barely ever raises a defence.

No Caption Provided

But when Buu attacks SS2 Vegeta using physical attacks, Vegeta gets pummelled and Buu is only playing. Against SS3 Goku [DB #484], it's a different story, his punches affect but dont really damage Goku, and Buus Kamehameha is easily batted back to him. The difference in levels is similar to that between Super Vegeta and Semi-Perfect Cell, but a little larger as Buu's punch doesn't make Goku's lip bleed like Vegeta's does, which would put SS3 Goku about 1.2x stronger than Majin Buu which would mean Majin Buu had a Power Level of 10,000,000,000 or 20,000 Kili.

SUPER BUU

Super Buu was born when Majin Buu separated himself from the evil in him - creating Evil Buu - and was then absorbed by it in the form of chocolate. When he fights SS Gotenks in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber [DB #490] the fight is completely one sided, barring the fact that Buu is easily damaged but regenerates every time. Super Buu is as strong as Majin Buu except with a fighting body and the ability to sense Ki.

When fighting Super Gotenks (SS3 Gotenks - base fusion) Super Buu struggles and ends up in a situation where SS3 Gotenks can kill him because of how much energy and regeneration has been needed [DB #491], but the fusion wears off. Any time that Buu hits Gotenks is purely down to Gotenks being childish, not paying attention and believing his own hype. Something that should've given Piccolo a heart attack.

After absorbing Piccolo and SS3 Gotenks, a plan Buu came up with when he sensed the Elder Kai making Gohan stronger [DB #499], Super Buutenks was stronger than Gohan by enough that Gohan could barely touch him and like Majin Buu Kamehameha against SS3 Goku, Gohan's Kamehameha against Super Buutenks was batted back. On that basis, my estimate would be that after absorbing Piccolo and SS3 Gotenks would be roughly 1.2x as powerful as Mystic Gohan, maybe slightly more.

PICCOLO

Knowing that Piccolo always trains, and knowing all characters advance much more quickly when fighting with a partner instead of alone, I'll work on the basis that in peace time in the last 7 years, Piccolo has doubled his Power Level in roughly the same way that Vegeta had in that time before turning Majin, and add an extra 7th on top for the year he spent in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber by himself before the Cell Games, giving him a Power-Level of 600,000,000 or 1,200 Kilis.

No Caption Provided

When Goku arrives and distracts Super Buutenks by slicing him up with a Destructo Disc, Buu leaves a part of himself down on the ground. When the transformation of Gotenks wears off Super Buutenks becomes Super Buuccolo with a Power Level of Buu + Piccolo + base Trunks and Goten, and he absorbs Gohan with the part of himself on the ground, gaining all of Mystic Gohan's power and becoming Mystic Buuhan. This new form is exceptionally strong, only superseded by SS Gotenks (SS fusion) up to this point.

No Caption Provided

But his enormous power is what convinces Vegeta to form Vegito (base fusion) with Goku, and when they do fuse, using the Fusion equation, they had a Power Level of 90 Billion, just under 1.8x as powerful as Mystic Buuhan at 50,613,860,000.

KID BUU

After Vegito is absorbed according to his plan (making Buu think it was his) [DB #505], but is protected from absorption by a force-field he created. The ploy was to get Buu to transport Vegito inside Buu where the others were taken. The as of yet unknown time of the fusion wears off and they remove Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks, Goten and Fat Buu, turning Super Buu into Kid Buu, and he gets even stronger than Super Buu was [DB #507].

No Caption Provided

The fight between Kid Buu and Goku [DB #510] is very even. Everything about it is tit-for-tat, from the physical fights to the Ki blasts, that is until Goku starts to wear down through his use of Super Saiyan 3. Sadly for Goku and co. Buu can take punishment from someone his equal and not lose power or the ability to regenerate, but the point here is that in terms of attack power and strength Kid Buu and SS3 Goku are on the same level.

No Caption Provided

This means that Kid Buu's Power Level is the same as Super Saiyan 3 Goku, but we're also told that the innocence of the Grand Supreme Kai weakened Buu and calmed him down, like he was actively fighting Buu the entire time, cancelling out some of his energy - thats why Kid Buu is stronger than Super Buu. The difference is logically the Power Level of both the Grand Supreme Kai and of the 'innocent' Fat Buu.

----------

All of the above on Buu serves to show that the transformations Buu goes through and the powers he gains through absorption and his confrontations with other characters are consistent with the calculations I have used.

• Super Buu - PL 10,000,000,000
    • Super Buutenks - PL 49,000,000,000
    • Super Buuccolo - PL 10,613,860,000
    • Mystic Buuhan - PL 50,613,860,000
    • Kid Buu - PL 12,000,000,000

12: CONDITIONS for GOD KI

Unlike the rest of Dragonball, the Manga is not judged to have canonical superiority over the Anime as Akira Toriyama works on both equally, therefore to make my points I will be using both.

THE CONDITIONS

I and others have held a theory for a while now that God Ki does not scale in the same way as other Ki. If a character with a Power Level of 1,000,000 has one tenth of the energy of another character, that other character has a Power Level of 10,000,000. But God Ki follows some seemingly strange rules, which are provided relative to Beerus:

1) When SS2 Vegeta got a rage boost and became stronger than SS3 Goku momentarily [DBS Ep 8], Beerus used "one tenth" of his power to defeat himself:

No Caption Provided

2) Less than 10% of Vegeta SSB is equal to less than Super Saiyan God [DBS #13]:

No Caption Provided

3) Comparatively, if Super Saiyan God is a 6, Beerus is a 10 and Whis is a 15 [Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Anime Comics interview with Akira Toriyama]:

No Caption Provided

4) Super Saiyan Blue Kaiokenx10 must be less than Beerus full power:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

THE RATIONALISATION

1: ONE TENTH

"One Tenth" is a more vague term than you might at first think, it's not as solid a term as "10%", and of course it can mean "10%" but it can also mean something entirely different, especially if considering magnitudes, such as of earthquakes.

Earthquakes are measured in magnitude by the Richter Scale and the Moment Magnitude Scale, both of which measure the energy of the earthquakes energy. Each step on the scale is x101.5 more than the previous step and 103 times the step before that. Thus a Magnitude 7.0 has about 32x more energy than a Magnitude 6.0 and 1,000 times more energy than a Magnitude 5.0. When Beerus says "one tenth" it could also equate to "Magnitude 1" out of 10 on his power scale.

2: SS GOD vs SS BLUE

As Beerus confirms, Super Saiyan God is equal to more than under 10% of Super Saiyan Blue. This suggests that SSG is equal to 10% of SSB. Which also allows for Akira Toriyama to finally get his way.

No Caption Provided

I've already been through the concept of how his Editor would make him change things about the series, but Toriyama originally wanted the Super Saiyan transformation to have a 10x power up. Super Saiyan Blue is the Super Saiyan God power having gone through a Super Saiyan transformation. Given Toriyama's desire for the Super Saiyan multiplier to be 10x the base (which he wasn't allowed) and the idea of less than 10% of SSBlue dipping under SSGod, it makes sense that Super Saiyan Blue is 10x more powerful than Super Saiyan God.

3: SIX, TEN & FIFTEEN

Like the "one tenth" quote, many take Toriyama's use of the numbers 6,10 and 15 to mean that SSG Goku is 60% as strong as Beerus and that Whis is 1.5x as strong as Beerus. But this doesn't make any sense at all if SSB is 10x stronger than SSG and even SSB Kaioken x2 doesn't concern Beerus. If, however, the 6, 10 and 15 are relative on a magnitude, or logarithmic scale, its entirely possible for these figures to make sense along with SS Blue.

4: SSB x10 < BEERUS MAX

In DBS Ep 39 Goku explains to Hit that he's been holding back his trump card, the Kaioken, and that he was hoping to use it against Beerus one day, which shocks Beerus. When Goku doubles his power with Kaioken x2, Beerus is not concerned about it, but is stunned Goku held back such a handy technique and can probably see it's potential to be a problem in the future. When Beerus has no further reaction to Goku SSB Kaioken x10, it must be assumed that Beerus's reaction would be the same, because if Kaioken x10 SSB reached Beerus's level or went above it Beerus would surely have a greater level of shock, and Goku himself would know that he had achieved a level capable of beating Beerus.

No Caption Provided

The fact that Goku hopes to improve it and use it against Beerus "one day" also shows that Goku himself knows that SSB Kaioken x10 as it is at this point is not enough to defeat Beerus.

ADDITIONAL CONDITION

In DBS Episode 13, the combined power of Beerus and Goku created a Super Dense Universe Busting Bomb. There's then a Push'o'War between them and Beerus is clearly the superior, no matter how much Goku's energy grows he struggles and Beerus easily produces more energy to push Goku back.

No Caption Provided

The combination of their energy is too much for Whis to be able to handle, who acknowledges that the energy ball is a Universe destroying bomb and even he cannot stop it. At no point does Beerus put in more effort than he needs to so Beerus' power during this part of their fight, so Beerus is only ever matching or slighly over-coming Goku's level at SS God. Goku reaches his limit and Beerus recognises it, much like he recognised that Goku still had SS3 kept in store when they first fought. So at this point at an allowed stale-mate, the Bomb is created by two SSG level characters and the resulting combination of their power exceeds that of Whis.

In neither a linear scale nor a logarithmic scale where the numbers increase, the double of the 6th term in a sequence or the 6th magnitude will not exceed the 15th term or the 15th Magnitude. Therefore a simple addition of SSG + SSG to determine the power of the Universal Bomb wont work, but a multiplication of two powers in the same way a Fusion works would increase the 6th term above the 15th in every example but logarithmically in none.

The only way for the 15th Magnitude to be exceeded by the 6th is either by powering the 6th Magnitude by an order of more than 2.5. But what about a top limit? For that, there is one clue - the Elder Kai said that the energy has become more dense.

No Caption Provided

As an oblate spheroid, the energy of Goku's Kamehameha and Beerus's bomb has a comparative volume (V = 4/3 x π x a^2 x b) of 302,762.1, while the Super Ultra High Density Energy Ball has an comparative volume of 1436.76.

This means the Super Ultra High Density Energy Ball has a 210.7x higher density than the original energy ball, giving the Bomb a 210.7x higher energy, in a similar way to gravity increases with higher density and in line with Dragonball, how the power of an attack can can increase by focusing Ki on a small area. 210.7 is a highball as at no other point shown in DBZ was Ki focused and increased by this high an amount, and it's obvious that the Beerus side of that ball as I have outlines is not solidly energy and the real energy is in the centre. So the absolute highest limit is Magnitude 6 squared then multiplied by 210.7.

No Caption Provided

In terms of a logarithmic scale to use to determine the Power Level conversion for God Ki, Magnitude 6 Squared multiplied by 210.7 must be a higher value than Magnitude 15 (Whis) in order to be considered, and therefore cannot be Base 6 or higher.

If the true energy in the bomb was originally concentrated in a sphere like the following picture shows, the comparative volume of the energy ball previous to increasing in density is 113,097 meaning the SUHDE Ball is 78.72x as dense, and therefore Magnitude 6 Squared multiplied by 78.72 must be a higher value than Magnitude 15 (Whis) in order to be considered, and therefore cannot be Base 5 or higher.

No Caption Provided

NECESSARY ATTRIBUTES OF SCALE

So a scale is needed that:

• is logarithmic in nature,
    • ensures 100x Magitude 6 (10x SSB or 100x SSG) is less than Magnitude 10,
    • is a Base 5 scale or less, likely Base 4 or less.

13: GOD KI SCALE

FINDING THE SCALE

The following is a table that shows a range of values from Log Scales with Bases of 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6.

• Magnitude 1 is the equivalent of what Beerus used against SS2 Rage fueled Vegeta as "one tenth"
    • Magnitude 6 is equivalent to SS God
    • Magnitude 6 x 10 is equivalent to SS Blue (SS God is 10% of SS Blue)
    • Magnitude 6 x 100 is equivalent to SS Blue Kaioken x10
    • Magnitude 10 is Beerus Max
    • Magnitude 15 is equivalent to Whis's Power Level
    • (Magnitude 6)^2 x 78.72 is the more likely relative power value of the Universal Bomb
    • (Magnitude 6)^2 x 210.7 is the absolute highest relative power value of the Universal Bomb

The relative power value of the Universal Bomb MUST be larger than Whis's relative Power Level otherwise Whis would be able to stop the Bomb from destroying everything. SS Blue Kaioken x10 MUST be less than Beerus's Max, otherwise both Beerus and Goku are wrong about the power gap between them.

No Caption Provided

The table is pretty clear - a Base 4 Logarithmic Scale is the only scale than meets ALL necessary conditions as set by Akira Toriyama in interviews, the Manga and the Anime. It's somewhat irritating for me since I have said on a number of occasions that I thought it would be Base 3, but having now looked more in-depth into the details this time around I am happy that this is the correct option, and that if Toriyama did indeed sit down and decide God Ki would be scaled in magnitudes like Earthquakes (common knowledge in Japan), it was a Base 4 logarithmic scale he used as it's the only one that fits.

THE SCALE

The following table based on the above provides a multiplier for each level relative to Beerus's "one tenth" power he used against SS2 Rage Vegeta [DBS #3] [DBS Ep 8]:

No Caption Provided

14: BUU to SUPER

GOKUs BLOCK

Just before the Buu saga, the last time we see Goku weight training is in Otherworld where Goku is made to carry 40 tonnes which flying, which he can barely hold, slowly sinking to the ground. At the start of Dragonball Super [DBS #2], Goku is seen to be dragging a huge block on King Kai's planet. Because the drawings of the block are done using perspective, its possible to work out its size.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

From the Top image, comparing the block to the height of Goku using his waist as a standard distance, the front face of the Block is 1.082m x 1.157m, or 1.252m^2. From the Bottom image, using perspective the Block is 1.5x longer than it is wide, so is 1.736m long. This means the block has a volume of 2.173m^3.

GOKU's STRENGTH

This workout is called Sled Pulling and it strengthens your core, glutes and hamstrings. It will help with sprinting and deadlifting. Generally speaking to gain strength-endurance from this you would use 40-45% of their bodyweight to drag [https://breakingmuscle.com/learn/sled-training-basics-plus-a-go-to-sled-workout]. This obviously doesn't work with Goku but the principle of bodyweight can also apply to a deadlift. The average man of 83.6kg (average male weight in the UK) can deadlift 1.25x his bodyweight. At the elite end, a man can deadlift around 2.5x his bodyweight. Goku is obviously elite. SO 42.5% of 2.5 will give us a multiplier for Goku's deadlift at the beginning of Super, that being 5.88. SO Goku's Deadlift should be 5.88x higher than what he's dragging here.

No Caption Provided

In another topic [http://comicvine.gamespot.com/dragon-ball-universe/4015-56629/forums/dragonball-universe-standardised-feats-list-1847904/#148], I already calculated the density of the weights the Kai's made Goku wear as 1,613 Tonnes per cubic metre. If this Block was made of the same material King Kai and the South Kai made for Goku to wear, it would weigh 3,505 Tonnes, which means on King Kai's planet, because of his gravity being 10x than of Earths, Goku is pulling the Earth equivalent of 35,050 Tonnes.

Trying to account for friction (since I can't calculate the Friction Coefficient for a magic material on a Kai's planet) knowing that King Kai's planet is extremely dense but covered in a layer of soil, I'll use the Friction Coefficient for Concrete on soil, which is 0.3, meaning Goku is pulling the Earth equivalent of 10,515 tonnes. In turn this means Goku's deadlift would be in the region of 61,853 Earth Tonnes. This is the highball.

If however the Block was made of Concrete as would likely be the case on Earth, it would weigh the Earth equivalent of 52.15 Tonnes, meaning Goku has to apply a force over the equivalent of 15.645 Tonnes to overcome the friction and a deadlift of around 92 Tonnes. This is the lowball.

Or if it was Cast Iron like that of many training weights the Block would have an Earth mass of 158.63 Tonnes, meaning Goku has to apply a force over the equivalent of 47.59 Tonnes to overcome the friction and a deadlift of about 280 Tonnes. This is the midball (midball? lol).

In the total of 8 years of training both Vegeta and Piccolo did between the arrival of Perfect Cell and Buu they achieved double the strength. In fours years, assuming consistent gains, they'd have gotten around 1.41x stronger. Goku on the other hand always makes significantly more gains than Vegeta and Piccolo and in the same time it took them to double their power, Goku had increased beyond Gohan and achieved SS2 and SS3 forms. So in the 4 years between then end of DBZ and beginning of DBS, Goku is more likely to have doubled his power, but expecting much more than that is unreasonable. The closest to doubling 40 Tonnes to 80 Tonnes is if the block Goku is dragging is made of concrete, giving Goku a new deadlift of 92 Tonnes, meaning Goku has increased his power by 2.3x.

VEGETA's RAGE

When Beerus disrupted Bulma's birthday party, he back-slapped Bulma. This enraged Vegeta so much that his regular Super Saiyan 2 power exceeded that of Goku's SS3, causing Vegeta to be the first every non-God that Beerus has used "one tenth" of his power against [DBS Ep 8]. This is down to Vegeta's rage boost. All Saiyans have had them. Gohan was the first to go into a blind rage and momentarily jump in power when he burst out of the Space Pod to attack Raditz. Gohan has always been the easiest character to become filled with rage until he grew up and calmed down a lot, even struggling to feel anger toward evil people. When Goku fell into a rage he became a Super Saiyan for the first time, Vegeta Rage-attacked Beerus and Future Trunks Rage-attacked Goku Black and Future Zamasu.

The Rage boost (more than just anger) has always been an aspect of Dragonball, but lately because of Future Trunks in DBS it's been given an official term - Ikari, which means "rage".

Assuming because of Goku's requirement to farm that Vegeta has managed to keep pace with Goku at base over these 4 years, the Ikari must be greater than the 4x power-up equal to SS3. Goku's SS3 did seem interesting to Beerus, but not enough for him to feel like attacking back but for to end the fight. For someone as powerful as Beerus is, Vegeta would need to be more than just a little stronger than Goku for him to notice any kind of difference. When Goku transformed from Super Saiyan to SS2, Beerus noted the difference though it still wasn't strong enough for him to care. A noticeable difference over SS3 is all that needed for Vegeta to impress Beerus and call him "more fun".

Taking consideration of the above, it seems reasonably fair to call the Rage or Ikari power-up an 8x multiplier.

SAIYAN to GOD

When Fighting SS3 Goku, Beerus barely used any of his energy at all. Only when he fought Vegeta did he admit to having to use a level of his energy he had only ever reserved for other Gods. When Vegeta and Beerus first thought this was their initial exchange:

No Caption Provided

But when Beerus eventually strikes Vegeta back after raising his Ki though (anime only) this is the comparison between how both SS2 Rage Vegeta and SS3 Goku were struck:

No Caption Provided

The only real difference between these two events is that Vegeta got up sooner. This is likely because Beerus flicked Goku in the head before gently slapping his shoulder, where Vegeta was only given the slap. Given the apparent equality between Vegeta and Beerus, and Vegeta being twice the strength of SS3 Goku at this point, it seems more than reasonable to suggest that to do to Vegeta what he did to Goku, Beerus raised his Power Level to double that of Vegeta, and initially used the same power against Vegeta as he did against Goku.

This would mean that "one tenth" Beerus is 2x stronger than SS2 Ikari Vegeta and 4x stronger than SS3 Goku at the beginning of Super.

15: SUPER SAIYAN GOD and BEYOND

TRANSFORMATION

According to Akira Toriyama, the Super Saiyan God is not a standard level to be reached, but is in fact a Power-Up with a multiplier.

No Caption Provided

I've already determined that Super Saiyan Blue is a 10x multiplier over and above Super Saiyan God, in that Super Saiyan Blue is the form of transforming into a Super Saiyan after achieving Super Saiyan God, the Super Saiyan transformation multiplier is Toriyama's original desire for the multiplier for the original golden Super Saiyan of Goku vs Frieza. This means that whether it be SSG or SSB, they are not absolute levels, but multipliers.

The God Ki Scale shows that SSG is 1024x stronger than Beerus when he beats Vegeta, Beerus was twice as strong as Vegeta when he beat him, Vegeta is 8x stronger than he should be, and SS2 is 100x stronger than Vegeta's base. This means that Beerus was 1,600x stronger than Vegeta when he beat him and would be 1,024x stronger if he turned SSG and 10,240x stronger as an SSB at this point, all of which gives SSG a multiplier value of 1,638,400 - which may or may not be coincidental as the square of 1,280, if there is something special about that number.

It's also '102 x 47' times more than base Power Level, if anyone is looking for something a little more memorable than a seemingly arbitrary figure. The thing to remember is that God Ki does not scale linearly and will screw up any idea at all of an easy sounding value. The multiplier for SS Blue above base Power Level is '103 x 47', while SSB Kaioken x10 is '104 x 47'.

ABSORPTION

In the same interview Akira Toriyama also explained that Goku made the power of Super Saiyan God. This is made clear in the original movie Battle of Gods and in the Anime, but is absent in the Manga.

No Caption Provided

This essentially means that Goku now has two bases; his true base level and his base God level. It's possible to tell in the anime when Goku is using his God Ki in base because he can take on other characters that should be stronger than him, and if he becomes a Super Saiyan, he'll turn SSB. You know when Goku is not using God Ki if his power is more reasonable compared to others and if he turns Super Saiyan his hair is gold.

POWER LEVEL LIST

All of the following Power Levels are either lifted directly from the Manga, calculated in the previous text, an average of a calculated range, or a best guess based on circumstances:

SAIYAN SAGA

• Farmer - 5
    • Master Roshi -139
    • Yamcha - 177
    • Krillin - 206
    • Tien - 250
    • Piccolo - 322 (pre-Raditz)
    • Piccolo - 329 (post-Raditz)
    • Goku - 334
    • Piccolo - 408 - (un-weighted)
    • Goku - 416 - (un-weighted)
    • Gohan - 710
    • Raditz - 1,500
    • Gohan - 1,307

VEGETA SAGA

• Gohan - 981
    • Piccolo - 1,220
    • Krillin - 1,083
    • Saibamen - 1,200
    • Goku - 5,000
    • Goku - 8,000
    • Vegeta - 24,000

NAMEK SAGA

• Gohan - 1,500
    • Krillin - 1,500
    • Namekian Fighters - 3,000
    • Krillin - 13,000
    • Gohan - 14,000
    • Cui - 18,000
    • Vegeta - 30,000
    • Nail - 42,000
    • Goku - 90,000
    • Captain Ginyu - 120,000

FRIEZA SAGA

• Frieza 1st Form - 530,000
    • Frieza 2nd Form - 1,060,000
    • Piccolo (Nail) - 1,100,000
    • Goku - 3,000,000
    • Frieza 3rd Form - 3,180,000
    • Frieza Final Form - 127,200,000
    • SS Goku - 150,000,000

TRUNKS SAGA

• Trunks - 3,000,000
    • Goku - 3,100,000
    • Mecha-Frieza - 150,000,000
    • SS Trunks - 150,000,000
    • SS Goku - 155,000,000

ANDROID SAGA

• SS Trunks - 150,000,000
    • Android 20 - 193,000,000
    • Android 19 - 193,000,000
    • SS Goku (sick) - 212,000,000
    • SS Vegeta - 257,250,000
    • Android 18 - 257,250,000
    • Android 17 - 262,500,000
    • Piccolo (Kami) - 262,500,000
    • Imperfect Cell - 328,125,000
    • Android 16 - 328,125,000

CELL SAGA

• Vegeta - 8,700,000
    • Trunks - 9,000,000
    • Goku - 20,000,000
    • Gohan - 29,000,000
    • Piccolo - 300,000,000
    • SS Vegeta - 435,000,000
    • SS Trunks - 450,000,000
    • Semi-Perfect Cell - 590,000,000
    • ASS Vegeta - 650,000,000
    • Perfect Cell (new) - 850,000,000
    • USS Trunks - 900,000,000
    • SS Goku - 1,000,000,000
    • Perfect Cell (Gohan fight) - 1,115,000,000
    • SS Gohan - 1,450,000,000
    • Super Perfect Cell - 2,230,000,000
    • SS2 Gohan - 2,900,000,000

BUU SAGA

• Goten - 6,860,000 - 13.7 Kilis
    • Trunks - 7,000,000 - 14 Kilis
    • Gohan - 24,540,000 - 51 Kilis
    • Goku - 30,000,000 - 60 Kilis
    • Majin Vegeta - 30,000,000 - 60 Kilis
    • Android 18 - 257,250,000 - 514.5 Kilis
    • SS Goten - 343,000,000 - 686 Kilis
    • SS Trunks - 350,000,000 - 700 Kilis
    • Yakon - 400,000,000 - 800 Kilis
    • Piccolo - 600,000,000 - 1,200 Kilis
    • SS Gohan - 1,227,000,000 - 2,454 Kilis
    • Dabura - 1,227,000,000 - 2,454 Kilis
    • SS Goku - 1,500,000,000 - 3,000 Kilis
    • Majin SS Vegeta 1,500,000,000 - 3,000 Kilis
    • SS2 Gohan - 2,453,000,000 - 4,908 Kilis
    • SS2 Goku - 3,000,000,000 - 6,000 Kilis
    • Majin SS2 Vegeta - 3,000,000,000 - 6000 Kilis
    • Majin Buu - 10,000,000,000 - 20,000 Kilis
    • SS3 Goku - 12,000,000,000 - 24,000 Kilis

FUSION SAGA

• Goten - 6,860,000 - 13.7 Kilis
    • Trunks - 7,000,000 - 14 Kilis
    • Goku (base) - PL 30,000,000 - 60 Kilis
    • Gohan (base - post Z-Sword) - PL 40,000,000, 80 Kilis
    • Gotenks (base fusion): PL 96,000,000 - 192 Kilis
    • Piccolo - PL 600,000,000 - 1,200 Kilis
    • Vegito (base fusion): PL 1,800,000,000 - 3,600 Kilis
    • Grand Supreme Kai: PL 2,000,000,000 - 4,000 Kilis
    • Fat (Innocent) Buu: PL 2,000,000,000 - 4,000 Kilis
    • SS Gotenks (base fusion): PL 4,800,000,000 - 9,600 Kilis
    • Super Buu: PL 10,000,000,000 - 20,000 Kilis
    • Super Buuccolo: PL 10,613,860,000 - 21,227.7 Kilis
    • Kid Buu: PL 12,000,000,000 - 24,000 Kilis
    • SS3 Goku: PL 12,000,000,000 - 24,000 Kilis
    • SS3 Gotenks (base fusion): PL 38,400,000,000 - 76,800 Kilis
    • Mystic Gohan: PL 40,000,000,000 - 80,000 Kilis
    • Super Buutenks: PL 49,000,000,000 - 98,000 Kilis
    • Mystic Buuhan: PL 50,613,860,000 - 101,227.7 Kilis
    • SS Vegito (base fusion): PL 90,000,000,000 - 180,000 Kilis
    • Gotenks (SS fusion): PL 240,100,000,000 - 480,200 Kilis

SUPER - BATTLE OF GODS

• Goku (base) - PL 69,000,000 - 138 Kilis
    • Vegeta (base) - PL 69,000,000 - 138 Kilis
    • SS Goku - 3,450,000,000 - 6,900 Kilis
    • SS Vegeta - 3,450,000,000 - 6,900 Kilis
    • SS2 Goku - 6,900,000,000 - 13,800 Kilis
    • SS2 Vegeta - 6,900,000,000 - 13,800 Kilis
    • SS3 Goku - 27,600,000,000 - 55,200 Kilis
    • SS2 Ikari Vegeta - 55,200,000,000 - 110,400 Kilis
    • Beerus "one tenth" - 110,400,000,000 - 220,800 Kilis
    • SSG Goku - 113,049,600,000,000 - 226,099,200 Kilis
    • Goku (base God Ki) - 113,049,600,000,000 - 226,099,200 Kilis
    • Beerus Max - 28,940,697,600,000,000 - 57,881,395,200 Kilis
    • Whis - 29,635,274,342,400,000,000 - 59,270,548,684,800 Kilis
    Avatar image for trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsof
    Trebuchetcanthrow90kilogramsofstoneover300metres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ambitious bastard, how long did this take?

zzagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, that was quite the read.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ambitious bastard, how long did this take?

About 2 weeks LOL Somewhere around there.

@zzagirl said:

Wow, that was quite the read.

Yeah, sorry about that, but I think it was all necessary to make the right points. Hope it was worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just one thing vegetas powerlevel during the vegeta arc was around 18000 it was 24,000 on namek when he first arrived

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: This is actually a pretty solid list. I just have a few things I disagree with. I don't think 19, 20, Gotenk, Trunks, or Yakon are stronger than Frieza.

You use a multiplier to say ssj Goku would stomp 19 and 20 to get their power, but Goku was over twice 50% Frieza and 50% Frieza didn't get one shotted. Also Goku was sick and weakened when fighting 19 and he doesn't go all out anywyas when he fights. Even Piccolo pre Kami was able to cut 20's arm off bare handed and Piccolo was weaker than ssj Goku by quite a bit.

So imo (really sick) ssj Goku<19<20<Piccolo<Frieza<ssj Goku (sick)

I think Yakkon is weaker because he was base Goku tier, and it was confirmed base Goku is weaker than Frieza in BoG. Also ssj Goku was most likely heavily suppressed when he was read at 3,000 kilis. He even had to power up to 50% to show of his ssj power to Korrin. Also Toriyama only picked the numbers 800 and 3,000 because in Japan they are numbers used to describe something big.

As for Goten and Trunks their bases were around Abo and Cado level so that would make them weaker than Namek Goku.

But overall definitely one of the better lists I've seen.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@nemesisreloaded: Dude that's an unnecessarily overanalyzed complicated list, and it would take years to go through this properly. Anyways, I would still want to point out somethings:

• The power levels (scouter numbers) mean nothing except that who would win. Depending upon person to person, the "gaps" matter less. For example:
      • Nappa who was scared at goku being 5000, puts up a fight against "over 8000" goku
      • Vegeta at 18000 put up way better fight against 24000 goku than Dodoria did against 24k vegeta.
      • Multipliers mean nothing. If we analyze gohan's battle against cell, then we see that gohan goes from being around the same level as significantly suppressed perfect cell, to manhandling full power perfect cell in his buff form. He even was able to briefly match Super Perfect cell's solar kamehameha while at less than half power.
    • Kilis are different from power level. From what we know of power level, they represent danger and who would win in a fight, but kili is outright a measure of energy, raw energy.
    • Yakon wasn't that much powerful in the first place. Gohan saud he and goku would beat him without SS.
    • Base goku can't be weaker than 3rd form freeza, since he fought freeza way better than vegeta did, who was already above 3rd form freeza.

I would however appreciate you for all that effort and that it was funny at several points.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

Just one thing vegetas powerlevel during the vegeta arc was around 18000 it was 24,000 on namek when he first arrived

Yeah I thought that for a long time but we're never actually told that. What we're told is that Cui and Vegeta used to be at the same level, and Dodoria tells us that level was 18,000. When Goku is fighting Nappa we're told by Vegeta that Goku's power is over 8,000, then later in the Kamehameha vs Gallic Gun, Vegeta says that the Kamehameha is just like his Gallic gun. At that point it's Vegeta's Gallic Gun vs Goku Kaioken x3 Kamehameha. Goku Kaioken x3 would be over 24,000 in power level, which would easily overpower Vegeta at 18,000. Given that the Kamehameha and Gallic Gun are said to be similar, there'd be no need for Goku to go Kaioken x4 and have a power level of 32,000 to beat just 18,000 Vegeta.

This battle being equal with similar Ki attacks only makes sense if Vegeta has a PL of 24,000, the same that he arrived on Namek with. I think it's presumed he had a power of 18,000 because he healed after fighting the guys on Earth, but as Frieza says, nobody should be surprised that Vegeta has grown in power because he's been off fighting battles on other planets. He only went to Earth in the first place because of the Dragonball's which he only learned about because Raditz was going to recruit Goku to fight on another planet. It's also said that Saiyans get a jump in power when they're close to death. Vegeta wasn't close to death after fighting those on Earth. After fighting Goku and Great Ape Gohan, he was still standing. He was just absolutely exhausted, which you know because he couldn't muster the energy to kill them. But he wasnt near death. So actually there's no real reason for us to think that Vegeta had a power level of 18,000 on Earth and it's more likely his power level was in fact 24,000, which is why I used it.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

I don't think 19, 20, Gotenk, Trunks, or Yakon are stronger than Frieza.

You use a multiplier to say ssj Goku would stomp 19 and 20 to get their power, but Goku was over twice 50% Frieza and 50% Frieza didn't get one shotted. Also Goku was sick and weakened when fighting 19 and he doesn't go all out anywyas when he fights. Even Piccolo pre Kami was able to cut 20's arm off bare handed and Piccolo was weaker than ssj Goku by quite a bit.

So imo (really sick) ssj Goku<19<20<Piccolo<Frieza<ssj Goku (sick)

Piccolo is weaker than Goku but not in the same way he was on Namek compared to the Super Saiyan. When Goku fights 19, Tien says "he's on a completely different level to us" and Piccolo says "You think so...", suggesting Piccolo is close to this kind of power. When Piccolo fights Android 20, Krillin notes about Piccolo "he's so powerful and he's not even a Super Saiyan". Both of these together suggest that Piccolo is at some kind of Super Saiyan level, though obviously still not as strong as Goku as Piccolo himself suggests that Goku should be much stronger than he is right now. There's also the point that Piccolo tells Android 20 he can focus his energy to amplify it when Android 20 is confused how he can be stronger but Piccolo defeat him.

So this together tells me that Piccolo is Super Saiyan range, Android 20 is stronger but Piccolo can manipulate his Ki to fight on a higher level, at least for a time. So my list would be Piccolo<Frieza<SS Goku (very sick)<19=<=20<SS Goku (sick) but how close to Frieza I'd put Piccolo I couldn't say, but if he's in Super Saiyan range he'd be pretty close. But I dont want to guess without any other clues.

I think Yakkon is weaker because he was base Goku tier, and it was confirmed base Goku is weaker than Frieza in BoG. Also ssj Goku was most likely heavily suppressed when he was read at 3,000 kilis. He even had to power up to 50% to show of his ssj power to Korrin. Also Toriyama only picked the numbers 800 and 3,000 because in Japan they are numbers used to describe something big.

I could well believe that's the reason why Toriyama picked those numbers in particular, but Goku kicked Yakon square in the face and he didn't flinch, he was only surprised at how fast Goku was. Based on that I'd say Yakon was above base Goku tier, but lower than SS Perfect Cell Tier, which is what Goku was at, at that time. And I realised somebody (I genuinely thought it would be you) would say that 3,000 kilis was a suppressed figure for Goku, but Babidi still had the Kili Meter when Goku turned Super Saiyan 2 momentarily. He dropped it when Yakon popped. At no point did he measure or mention the power going even higher when Goku was charging up before turning SS2. That suggests to me that Babidi's Kili Meter can read a true power regardless of suppression. He is magic after all.

As for Goten and Trunks their bases were around Abo and Cado level so that would make them weaker than Namek Goku.

When Tarble says "Now they're as strong as Frieza was", is there any reason we're supposed to think that he means Frieza's lowest level form? And is there any reason not to believe he isn't talking about when they're fused?

But overall definitely one of the better lists I've seen.

This is actually a pretty solid list. I just have a few things I disagree with.

Thanks very much :D

@jaycool2 said:

@nemesisreloaded: fair enough nice work btw

Thanks man

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador:

Dude that's an unnecessarily overanalyzed complicated list, and it would take years to go through this properly.

Well I didn't want to just make stuff up like a lot of people do. I wanted to have a reason to say a number that isn't stated in the show. Lots of people will say that you can't apply logic to power levels in Dragonball. All I've shown is that, yes you can, and it still works the way it should.

The power levels (scouter numbers) mean nothing except that who would win.

The power level list only has the purpose to show who has the largest well of strength from which to pull. You could have a character like Gohan at the start of DBZ who had a huge well of energy but not be able to use it, that would prevent him from surviving a fight. This point is not to say who can win, it's to determine the size of the power they have.

Depending upon person to person, the "gaps" matter less. For example, Nappa who was scared at goku being 5000, puts up a fight against "over 8000" goku

Goku has always had a habit of not going all out unless its necessary. Just because Goku built his power up to 8,000 doesn't mean he was using it.

Vegeta at 18000 put up way better fight against 24000 goku than Dodoria did against 24k vegeta.

Vegeta wasn't PL 18,000 against Goku, his full power was 24,000. I explained why in a previous post to this one that Goku only overpowers Vegeta when he goes Kaioken x4 making his power over 32,000. People only think Vegeta's power level was 18,000 because Cui and Dodoria say that's what it used to be. The difference between 32,000 and 24,000 is still the same, but Vegeta was wearing armour and explains to Krillin and Gohan later in Frieza's ship that it takes much of the impact.

Multipliers mean nothing. If we analyze gohan's battle against cell, then we see that gohan goes from being around the same level as significantly suppressed perfect cell, to manhandling full power perfect cell in his buff form. He even was able to briefly match Super Perfect cell's solar kamehameha while at less than half power.

Kilis are different from power level. From what we know of power level, they represent danger and who would win in a fight, but kili is outright a measure of energy, raw energy.

I understand where you're coming from completely, there is a difference between them, but let me explain how I see it:

The term "power level" has been used since early Dragonball, long before it started to be measured with scouters, but a scouter will only show you what level of power a character is either willing to show, or can show. Meaning that measuring a Power Level from Piccolo will be different depending on if Piccolo is wearing weighted clothing. The reason is that if he's using energy to move with the weighted clothing, he can't use that energy in a fight, but he still has that energy.

If Trunks suppresses his ample energy so that a scouter can only read a 5, thats because 5 is all he's allowing someone else to see. On the other side, the power level of the Special Beam Cannon was measured much higher than Piccolo's real power because the energy was built up and condensed onto his finger tips. This is the difference between Power Level and Kili. Kili is a reading of the power-level unrestricted, unfocused and unobscured. Thats why I think you can scale them together if you know the true unaltered Power-Level of a character.

Yakon wasn't that much powerful in the first place. Gohan saud he and goku would beat him without SS.

Yeah he did say that, but that doesn't mean they could sense Yakon's full power either. They aren't the only characters who can suppress their powers. If you remember Captain Ginyu could manipulate his Ki without being able to sense it in others, so could Frieza. The fight didn't last anywhere near long enough to tell for sure, but one thing is clear, Yakon didn't even flinch when Goku kicked him in the face and for his power, Yakon is slow. I go with 800 Kilis being a true representation of his power compared to Super Saiyan Goku, because that's what Babidi's Power Meter read him at.

Base goku can't be weaker than 3rd form freeza, since he fought freeza way better than vegeta did, who was already above 3rd form freeza.

Goku was using Kaioken from the beginning, that's why he was able to keep up and take Frieza on in the way Vegeta couldn't, even though, as you say, Vegeta was stronger than 3rd form Frieza. Look at it this way; when Goku went into the healing chamber he had a power level of 90k. When Vegeta was beaten by Recoome he had a power level 30k. When Vegeta recovered he had enough power to make sport of Jeice who was likely around 40k and further on enough power to take on 1st Form Frieza, who admittedly wasn't full power, but was still wasn't weak and who even said that Vegeta wasn't bluffing after his power broke the new scouter and Krillin said Vegeta broke through another power ceiling, suggesting that at this point, Vegeta is more powerful than Goku was. Later Dende heals Vegeta from Krillins attack that came closer to killing Vegeta than Vegeta's beating did to Goku. So it makes total sense for Vegeta to be stronger than 3rd Form Frieza and for Goku to be about the same as 3rd Form Frieza.

I have Goku at 3,000,000 when he comes out of the healing pod and 3rf Form Frieza a 3,180,000. It's not a huge difference, but if vegeta is stronger than Goku, and should be stronger than Goku when Goku comes out of the healing pod and Vegeta cannot even touch Final Form Frieza, Goku would need to use the Kaioken, and did. King Kai even said he'd been using it the whole time. He was using Kaioken x10 - about 1/4 Frieza's full power.

I would however appreciate you for all that effort and that it was funny at several points.

Thankyou, I appreciate you and others taking the time to read it, and it's good to debate about it too, because it's not certain.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alextheboss

@nemesisreloaded:

Piccolo is weaker than Goku but not in the same way he was on Namek compared to the Super Saiyan. When Goku fights 19, Tien says "he's on a completely different level to us" and Piccolo says "You think so...", suggesting Piccolo is close to this kind of power. When Piccolo fights Android 20, Krillin notes about Piccolo "he's so powerful and he's not even a Super Saiyan". Both of these together suggest that Piccolo is at some kind of Super Saiyan level, though obviously still not as strong as Goku as Piccolo himself suggests that Goku should be much stronger than he is right now. There's also the point that Piccolo tells Android 20 he can focus his energy to amplify it when Android 20 is confused how he can be stronger but Piccolo defeat him.

I agree with your reasoning here, though I still don't think any of that puts the androids above 100% Frieza. I would say 19 and 20 are stronger than Piccolo's resting state, but not his maxed out state when attacking.

So this together tells me that Piccolo is Super Saiyan range, Android 20 is stronger but Piccolo can manipulate his Ki to fight on a higher level, at least for a time. So my list would be Piccolo<Frieza<SS Goku (very sick)<19=<=20<SS Goku (sick) but how close to Frieza I'd put Piccolo I couldn't say, but if he's in Super Saiyan range he'd be pretty close. But I dont want to guess without any other clues.

I would say Piccolo<20<Piccolo attacking<Frieza<=sick Goku<healthy Goku

I could well believe that's the reason why Toriyama picked those numbers in particular, but Goku kicked Yakon square in the face and he didn't flinch, he was only surprised at how fast Goku was. Based on that I'd say Yakon was above base Goku tier, but lower than SS Perfect Cell Tier, which is what Goku was at, at that time.

Goku wasn't going all out in base and he only went ssj to show he could see if he wanted to. And I could see Yakon being slightly above base Goku. I kind of like the v-jump which puts Yakkon at 40 mil. And I personally have base Goku at 30 to 40 mil which lines up.

And I realised somebody (I genuinely thought it would be you) would say that 3,000 kilis was a suppressed figure for Goku, but Babidi still had the Kili Meter when Goku turned Super Saiyan 2 momentarily. He dropped it when Yakon popped. At no point did he measure or mention the power going even higher when Goku was charging up before turning SS2. That suggests to me that Babidi's Kili Meter can read a true power regardless of suppression. He is magic after all.

Goku powered up and down when attacking so fast that scouters couldn't pick it up, he could of done the same here.

Also Babidi did have the kili meter but he wasn't looking at it.

When Tarble says "Now they're as strong as Frieza was", is there any reason we're supposed to think that he means Frieza's lowest level form?

I don't think he even knew Frieza could transform. Even Vegeta didn't know that and he worked for Frieza his whole life.

And is there any reason not to believe he isn't talking about when they're fused?

This is a possibility but that would make Abo and Cado even weaker, in turn making Trunks and Goten weaker. Though I could easily see fused AboCado being around final form Frieza level.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

I agree with your reasoning here, though I still don't think any of that puts the androids above 100% Frieza. I would say 19 and 20 are stronger than Piccolo's resting state, but not his maxed out state when attacking.

I would say Piccolo<20<Piccolo attacking<Frieza<=sick Goku<healthy Goku

Thats fair enough, I guess this is one of those subjective things we just see different ways.

Goku wasn't going all out in base and he only went ssj to show he could see if he wanted to. And I could see Yakon being slightly above base Goku. I kind of like the v-jump which puts Yakkon at 40 mil. And I personally have base Goku at 30 to 40 mil which lines up.

I also have Goku at 30 mil, but I'm still not seeing it with Yakon. But it's in the air. If I'm wrong, my entire scoring system for Fusion and Super are out of the window.

Goku powered up and down when attacking so fast that scouters couldn't pick it up, he could of done the same here.

I fully believe that to be the case when he momentarily turned SS2, but he was building up prior to that as a normal Super Saiyan before that, and no mention of a change was made.

Also Babidi did have the kili meter but he wasn't looking at it.

We dont know that, we only saw him comment on Yakon and Goku, most of the time was spent with the fighters instead of Babidi and Dabura.

I don't think he even knew Frieza could transform. Even Vegeta didn't know that and he worked for Frieza his whole life.

Couldn't say, but in the anime there was a Frieza space ship in space that was picking up the fight between SS Goku and Frieza, and Goku can certainly sense power levels across the galaxy. Buu and Gohan sensed them in and out of Otherworld too. So something like that could have happened.

This is a possibility but that would make Abo and Cado even weaker, in turn making Trunks and Goten weaker. Though I could easily see fused AboCado being around final form Frieza level.

If I'm right about Power Levels, Kili and the Fusions, if Abo and Cado together were the same power as Final Form Frieza, they'd have a power level of 120,000,000 (using the Daizenshuu, not mine). That's 240 Kilis - with one of them being maybe 30 Kilis (PL 15,000,000) and the other 32 Kilis (PL 16,000,000). I have base Gotenks as 192 Kilis or 96,000,000. Too weak or too strong, either way they don't match up.

Even so, Goten and Trunks were too strong for them from what I could see, so either Abo and Cado were something like the same power as 3rd form Frieza, or Goten and Trunks got stronger from Buu like Gohan would. Or I'm entirely wrong about their power levels, and honestly I'm probably out on the power levels, but I'm definitely not SO far out that they're only around 530,000 PL each.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: Overall is a good list, tbh i didn't read it all yet, just until 17 vs piccolo, and while i dont agree in every point, its overall ok up until there. 1 thing though that i would like to bring up, is that you made Dance Fusion give the same power up than Potara Fusion (you multiplied kilis), and at that point Potara was said to be a far stronger type of fusion.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: The way I read it is that the fusion is stronger because it's permanent, not that the power at the end is greater. Elder Kai says in terms of the fusion ending "The Potara doesn't have such a weakness"

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@nemesisreloaded: Hmm its not what i remember, but who knows, also checking some more, its fusions in gral that i disagree with, Gotenks survived like 20 or more hits from Majin Buu, the "regular scaling" you did in most of this thread was 2x stronger = 1 shots or 2 shots, this buu is 100x stronger than Gotenks according to your list. Also, Mr Buu (the innocent) below SPC? I always thought he was around or above SSJ2 Vegeta, following from how they both fared against Kid Buu.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: It's a good point. I dont have a satisfactory answer for it as it also bugged me somewhat. The only thing I could put it down to was that Gotenks is something of a gag character and his ability to survive an assault is higher than just about everyone elses, possibly a benefit of the fusion. Presumably, Majin Buu didn't try to kill Gotenks (since we never actually see any of the fight), who did return with a pummelled face, scuffed skin and torn clothes.

Same with Buu, who doesn't seem to die no matter what you hit him with, and I eventually became convinced the only way Kid Buu could've been killed was with the Genki Dama because it's particularly potent against evil. I know Goku thinks he could have beaten Majin Buu, but I genuinely dont think that's the case, since SS3 Gotenks couldn't kill him. And Innocent Buu did get absolutely destroyed by Kid Buu, he's just massively regenerative.

I do still have Innocent Buu close to SPC level, which is still huge as an un-transformed or powered up character. Much higher than everyone's who isn't a God or an Angel. And when you think about it, Innocent Buu is essentially all of the other 4 Supreme Kai's put together in a Buu form. I wouldn't expect that to be anywhere never SS2 Vegeta.

Can I ask, what is it that made you believe Innocent Buu would be SS2 Vegeta level?

Subbat321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Subbat321
    NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subbat321: Perfect Cell?

I'd say so. Even Semi-Perfect Cell would be Dwarf Star at least.

I have SSG Goku of Battle of God's arc/movie as 50,000 solar system level and Beerus at around 13,000,000 solar systems and Whis at 13,300,000,000 solar systems, or Galaxy level.

Those are without using God hax though, just Ki. With God hax Beerys destroys Galaxies easily.

Subbat321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: beerus can be multi solar system due to the gap between buuhan and beerus heck even kid buu

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

Just saw this today, IDK why I didn't see the notice before

@nemesisreloaded said:

@rukelnikovftw: It's a good point. I dont have a satisfactory answer for it as it also bugged me somewhat. The only thing I could put it down to was that Gotenks is something of a gag character and his ability to survive an assault is higher than just about everyone elses, possibly a benefit of the fusion. Presumably, Majin Buu didn't try to kill Gotenks (since we never actually see any of the fight), who did return with a pummelled face, scuffed skin and torn clothes.

We see the fight in the anime, Buu looked somewhat pissed but no true killing intent until the end, still base Gotenks was in condition to fly to Kami's temple after like 20 or so hits, but I guess we do can chalk it up to gag armor (like Mr Satan)

Same with Buu, who doesn't seem to die no matter what you hit him with, and I eventually became convinced the only way Kid Buu could've been killed was with the Genki Dama because it's particularly potent against evil. I know Goku thinks he could have beaten Majin Buu, but I genuinely dont think that's the case, since SS3 Gotenks couldn't kill him. And Innocent Buu did get absolutely destroyed by Kid Buu, he's just massively regenerative.

I'm of the same mind, maybe Goku could have beaten Majin Buu, but he would eventually tire, and after a couple seconds, a minute tops, Buu would have been just fine again

I do still have Innocent Buu close to SPC level, which is still huge as an un-transformed or powered up character. Much higher than everyone's who isn't a God or an Angel. And when you think about it, Innocent Buu is essentially all of the other 4 Supreme Kai's put together in a Buu form. I wouldn't expect that to be anywhere never SS2 Vegeta.

Can I ask, what is it that made you believe Innocent Buu would be SS2 Vegeta level?

Well, as I said, both of them fought against Kid Buu, IIRC Vegeta didn't even land an attack, Mr Buu was at least capable of hitting KB many times, with punches and Ki attacks, and had those fast punch exchanges scenes. That's why I considered him at or above SSJ2 Vegeta

Sidra90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good List. But why is Mecha Freeza as strong as SSJ Trunks & SSJ Goku. I doubt that he wouldnt use his full power right from the start against a Super Saiyan.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded said:

Well, as I said, both of them fought against Kid Buu, IIRC Vegeta didn't even land an attack, Mr Buu was at least capable of hitting KB many times, with punches and Ki attacks, and had those fast punch exchanges scenes. That's why I considered him at or above SSJ2 Vegeta

In DB #511 when Vegeta attacks KB, Vegeta lands the first attack, which is a huge Ki blast, and obliterates him with several smaller Ki blasts. But KB regens behind Vegeta bit by bit and then after catching Vegeta by surprise, beats him all over the place. In DB #512 and 514 the fight between KB and MB goes virtually identically, except that MB doesn't get tired anywhere near as easily, but despite that, MB only lands a single Ki blast in the whole fight, other than that, he's basically helpless. So to me it makes sense that SS2 Vegeta and MB are somewhere around the same level, and even so, given that Vegeta landed many more hits than MB did, it would also make sense that he's the stronger of the two. SO I think I'm still happy and where Innocent Majin Buu and SS2 Vegeta are compared to each other.

@sidra90 said:

Good List. But why is Mecha Freeza as strong as SSJ Trunks & SSJ Goku. I doubt that he wouldnt use his full power right from the start against a Super Saiyan.

Partly because Mecha Frieza thinks he may be able to take on Goku by himself since he's gotten much stronger, but wants the help of his King Cold to make sure of it. And also partly because when Frieza attacked Trunks, Trunks dodged it instead of taking it like SS Goku did. Both of these things together make me think Frieza and Trunks were both around Goku's level on Namek.

Goku on the other hand spent a lot of his time in that space pod. He even says he only had time to learn one new technique from the people on Yardrat so he didn't have a lot of time to do any real training and improve on his strength that much. So if Goku in the Trunks saga is stronger than before, it's not by much. I know there's the whole sword thing between him and Trunks, but Goku says afterwards that Trunks was holding back and Goku used his Ki as a physical barrier around his finger to defend against the blade. So it's not like Goku had to be a lot stronger.

Those are my reasons anyway.

Sidra90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: How was Trunks able to easily block and lift Freezas Deathball of the Ground if he is only as Strong. He dodged his Attack to surprise Freeza for a One Hit Kill.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:

@nemesisreloaded said:

In DB #511 when Vegeta attacks KB, Vegeta lands the first attack, which is a huge Ki blast, and obliterates him with several smaller Ki blasts. But KB regens behind Vegeta bit by bit and then after catching Vegeta by surprise, beats him all over the place. In DB #512 and 514 the fight between KB and MB goes virtually identically, except that MB doesn't get tired anywhere near as easily, but despite that, MB only lands a single Ki blast in the whole fight, other than that, he's basically helpless. So to me it makes sense that SS2 Vegeta and MB are somewhere around the same level, and even so, given that Vegeta landed many more hits than MB did, it would also make sense that he's the stronger of the two. SO I think I'm still happy and where Innocent Majin Buu and SS2 Vegeta are compared to each other.

I just reread it, in case I was recalling it wrong, but its still a much more even fight with Mr Buu, Vegeta was helpless after his Ki attack, Mr Buu was at least capable of putting up a fight.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NemesisReloaded

@sidra90 said:

@nemesisreloaded: How was Trunks able to easily block and lift Freezas Deathball of the Ground if he is only as Strong. He dodged his Attack to surprise Freeza for a One Hit Kill.

Never thought I'd be the one to say this but... that doesn't happen in the manga...

I'm all for crossing the two over and using what happens in the anime to supplement the story of the manga so long as one doesn't contradict the other. In this case, I believe the anime makes Trunks stronger that he is in the manga. In the manga, Trunks has two advantages over Frieza - 1) the ability to sense Ki, and 2) his sword. I think King Cold was right when he said that Trunks only beat his son because of the sword, but obviously, Trunks was hardly helpless without it.

It's not exactly set in stone, but this is my interpretation of events anyway.

@rukelnikovftw said:
    @nemesisreloaded said:

I just reread it, in case I was recalling it wrong, but its still a much more even fight with Mr Buu, Vegeta was helpless after his Ki attack, Mr Buu was at least capable of putting up a fight.

I just dont see it that way. I see:

• 9 straight frames of Vegeta attacking Kid Buu
    • at least 3 of which are of attacks landing, others you can't tell
    • Kid Buu Regens from tiny bits once taking 3 frames to do it
    • 20 frames of Vegeta getting his ass handed to him before he reverts to base level

On the other hand there are:

• 13 frames of Majin Buu attacking Kid Buu
    • 3 land
    • Kid Buu regens from losing one arm/shoulder in one frame
    • 29 frames of Kid Buu kicking his ass - including 4 regen frames

If Vegeta and MB were the same strength, you'd accept that MB's fight should last longer. A longer fight would provide more opportunity to attack which in turn would have a higher chance of landing. MB does have a longer fight, 1.45x longer. He does have more opportunities to attack, 1.44x as many. Despite that, he only lands the same number of hits and they cause Kid Buu less inconvenience. Another way to look at it is, Vegeta attacks KB head on and hits him while KB knows it's coming. When MB attacks KB, KB doesn't know it's coming but dodges it any way. That in itself suggests Vegeta is more powerful than MB.

This is what I'm talking about when I say that to me it makes sense that Majin Buu only lasts longer because of his regen, but the hits that land and the damage they do still suggest to me Vegeta is stronger than MB.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@nemesisreloaded:The fact that Mr Buu was capable of regaining ground after Kid Buu started his assault is what gives me the impresion that he's stronger than Vegeta, who, after hitting KB with all he had, was helpless once it started attacking him. Mr Buu not only got away from KB's grip but also has the scene of attacks clashing against each other, that speaks to me of a more even fight than with Vegeta.

The bottom panel is what I'm talking about
    The bottom panel is what I'm talking about
    NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: I see where you're coming from, but wouldn't Mr Buu coming back from a beating simply be down to his capacity to regen and not get tired?

Consider this - if Vegeta had Buu's capacity for regen and his energy stay high for much longer like Mr Buu and Kid Buu, do you not think Vegetas fight with Kid Buu would have went on longer and Vegeta be able to attack once more?

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: I see where you're coming from, but wouldn't Mr Buu coming back from a beating simply be down to his capacity to regen and not get tired?

Consider this - if Vegeta had Buu's capacity for regen and his energy stay high for much longer like Mr Buu and Kid Buu, do you not think Vegetas fight with Kid Buu would have went on longer and Vegeta be able to attack once more?

The fight would have definitely lasted longer, but i'm unsure of Vegeta's capability to fight back. There's also the thing that insane regen is part of Mr Buu's kit, so I don't know if it should be brushed aside for comparison.

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: I only use the regen because its like Wolverine healing but obviously far superior. But Vegeta can't heal like that, a wound would stay with him even if he did have ever lasting power, and so would reduce his capacity to fight also. Even if it was as simple as a dead arm.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@nemesisreloaded said:

@rukelnikovftw: I only use the regen because its like Wolverine healing but obviously far superior. But Vegeta can't heal like that, a wound would stay with him even if he did have ever lasting power, and so would reduce his capacity to fight also. Even if it was as simple as a dead arm.

what you mean is Vegeta's fighting capability in relation to fight lenght goes down much faster than Mr Buu's, but in a tip top condition Vegeta's stronger? Well, i'm not far from that tbh, just the i think that in a tip top condition they are about even

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: I think that's fair. I think we've delved about as far into this as we can go and ended up in the same place as before LOL

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: I think that's fair. I think we've delved about as far into this as we can go and ended up in the same place as before LOL

:P

NemesisReloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for unstpblcolossus
    UnstpblColossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nemesisreloaded: I know this is super old, but why is Gotenks' SS fusion the one with the highest power level in the Fusion Saga? I have a hard time believing their power level was higher than Super Buu's(Mystic), let alone Vegito or SS Vegito. Also, when it comes to debunking, the story and mathematics stray by the time Super comes around, leaving it full of inconsistencies. Not only were multiple people involved with making the story, but either Toriyama or Toyotarou wanted to get away from the concrete power level aspect that had real numbers behind it. For example: Super Saiyan multiplies strength by 50. Beerus said it took 70% of his power to beat SSG Goku. Goku got SSB(god with super Saiyan added to it) so that should be god multiplied by 50. Yet, even after that, the story is written for Beerus to still be more powerful, the only time he gets nervous is when Goku uses Kaioken with SSB and when Goku gets UI. On paper, Goku and Vegeta should've been more powerful once they got SSB.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By alextheboss

This is one of the best power level assessments I’ve seen. I don’t agree with everything but my disagreements are minor and contentious.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.