Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Was Cell bluffing when he stated that he could destroy the Solar System?

• 55 results
    debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Was Cell bluffing when he stated that he could destroy the Solar System? (56 votes)

Yes 20%
    No 88%
    No Caption Provided

Discuss.

Note: You are allowed to vote both yes and no if you are not sure. Also you are not allowed to use information outside of Dragon Ball manga due to contradiction statements.

• 
    aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debatablenerd:

Why would a super intelligence Bio-android lie about his capabilities? As a super intelligence Bio-android, Cell would take the most logical and cost efficient way of destroying the solar system which would be destroying it's center, the sun.

According to Dabura, 200-300 kili is enough to destroy a planet or two.

200 kili = 10,000,000 BP

300 kili = 15,000,000 BP

Super Saiyan Goku have a kili of 3,000 kili = 150,000,000 BP = 15-30 planets

SSJ2 Goku could have a kili of 6,000 kili = 300,000,000 BP = 30-60 planets

So Super Perfect Cell should have at minimum a kili of 6,000 or a BP of 300,000,000 which would give him enough ki to destroy 30-60 planets. This is not enough to be a starbuster for the Sun=1.3,000,000 earths but it should be enough to be a stardestroyer. Cell just have to send enough ki to cause a disruption of the Sun's core.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

No, because:

1. Why would he lie?

2. Dragon Ball characters can sense ki and how powerful they are.

3. It makes sense via scaling.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cocacolaman  Moderator

Between having no reason to, much weaker characters being effortless planet busters, the next villain destroying a galaxy over time, and DBS characters being universal or above, there's literally no reason to think he was bluffing.

Perfawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're in 2020 and you think Cell was bluffing about destroying the solar system, you need your head checked.

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By debatablenerd

@perfawesome: @cocacolaman: @takenstew22: @doctordamn: @aqmatlatsuji:I'll play the devil advocate here if anyone doesn't mind. But for me to do that, I'll ask couple of simple questions.

1. Has anyone ever destroy a solar system in Dragon Ball Z manga, while completely ignoring the ovas, anime, films, etc.?

2. Other then Cell, how many times has the Solar System level statements been brought up in Dragon Ball Z manga, while completely ignoring the ovas, anime, films, etc.?

3. What was the biggest thing that was ever destroyed in Dragon Ball Z manga, while completely ignoring the ovas, anime, films, etc.?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 takenstew22  Moderator

@debatablenerd: What do you mean by "completely ignoring the ovas, manga, anime, films, etc."?

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By debatablenerd

@takenstew22 said:

@debatablenerd: What do you mean by "completely ignoring the ovas, manga, anime, films, etc."?

Fixed. It was a simple grammar error.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 takenstew22  Moderator

1. Has anyone ever destroy a solar system in Dragon Ball Z manga, while completely ignoring the ovas, anime, films, etc.?

No, but that does not mean they can't scale to it.

2. Other then Cell, how many times has the Solar System level statements been brought up in Dragon Ball Z manga, while completely ignoring the ovas, anime, films, etc.?

I don't know honestly. Only that one time from what I remember.

3. What was the biggest thing that was ever destroyed in Dragon Ball Z manga, while completely ignoring the ovas, anime, films, etc.?

Earth or Namek.

Perfawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3346059ae3d
    deactivated-5f3346059ae3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I remember he didn't show aoe anywhere close to the amount needed to affect a whole solar system with one attack. He could probably destroy every celestial body in a solar system one by one since weaker characters could planet bust, but I don't know if he could destroy the whole thing in one attack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff5e39de7b68
    deactivated-5ff5e39de7b68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he meant he could destroy the planets in the Solar System 1 by 1.

aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. No, could said the same about Marvel or DC. I haven't seen any fiction character bust a solar system.

2. Cell

3. North Kai's Planet/Vegeta = have 10x gravity of Earth. Again I haven't seen any fictional character destroying a solar system in Marvel or DC

Cell most likely would have shot his kamekameha at the Sun causing it to explode which would destroy the solar system.

Strongest to weakest

Grand Priest

Zeno = can easily bust multiple universes

Zeno Guard

Whis

Beerus = can destroy a universe, if he fought against Champs both Universe 6 & 7 would be destroy.

SSJG Blue Goku

SSJG Goku

SSJ3 Goku = PL 1,200,000,000 or 24,000 kili can destroy 120-240 planets

Ultimate Gohan

Kid Buu = was able to destroy several hundred planets in a few(3) years.

Kaioshin(Grand, West, North, South)

SSSJ3 Gotenks

Majin Buu

SSJ2 Goku = PL 300,000,000 or 6,000 kili can destroy 30-60 planets

SSSJ2 Gohan

Super Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

Super Vegeta

Semiperfect Cell

Piccolo

Imperfect Cell

Android 17

Android 18

Android 20

Android 19

SSJ Goku = PL 150,000,000 or 3,000 kili can destroy 15 to 30 planets

Final Form Frieza = Pl 120,000,00 known planetbuster (Vegeta, Namek).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No there is no reason to assume he was lying at this point.

aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garobesthero1:

Was it all in an instant or over time? I haven't had the chance to read the comics so I can only watch the TV show or movie.

I think people don't like Cell being able to destroy the solar system because they confused the term destroyer(destroy over time) and buster(instantaneously destroy). Being that he have Frieza's DNA, Cell could survive in space. So whether he destroy the planets over time or disrupt the Sun causing it to explode, his statement about destroying the solar system was valid until he was defeat by Gohan.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like cell was already close to solar system lv before cell final amp

If Cell was only large star level that means he only got at most a two times boost after coming back from explosion +

Large star n solar system difference is billions

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Lets not start turning this in to DB vs comics.

As for the thread. Bluffing at that stage wouldn't really work. All the Z fighters can sense ki and can tell how powerful an attack is. Cell knows this.

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By debatablenerd

@emperorthanos-: @rdcdesmond: @dmnb2wavy: @garobesthero1: @argevil4: @perfawesome: @cocacolaman: @takenstew22: @doctordamn: @aqmatlatsuji: So from what majority of the people have been telling me according to their response to my questions is that:

1. No one ever destroyed a Solar System in the Dragon Ball Z manga.

2. The Solar System statement was never brought up again other than that one time by Cell.

3. The biggest things they ever constantly destroyed are large celestial bodies such as planets or stars if the term hoshi is mistranslated.

So from what I can summarize is, by going through context is that no one in Dragon Ball Z manga is Solar System level. Not only the solar system level thingy isn't consistent enough in the show but it's the purest definition of hyperbolic statement/outlier there is next to Momoshiki being solar system level in the novel.

If you think a single solar system level statement around chapter 220 amongst 325 chapters of mostly planet to star level feats/statements is consistent then there's not much to say besides reconsider what an hyperbolic statement/outlier is.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 takenstew22  Moderator

Lmfao.

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By debatablenerd

@doctordamn said:

@debatablenerd: so 1st I was going to ask if you just came in here to start shit but taking a look at your post count, I think your just a troll...

But then it got even worse; I didn't even realize that you're the original poster; you created a thread with an answer already in mind, and it seems like your getting somewhat vexed with us because most are disagreeing with you...

What do you want to hear? Feat wise, cell can't destroy a solar system. However, via statements and scaling, (which anyone who knows anything about dragon ball would adhere to) he most definitely could. That's the most comfort I can give you buddy...

I didn't say that I have a winner in mind, I was just simply playing a devil's advocate here to point out the flaws in their arguments.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@debatablenerd: You asked if he was bluffing. He wasn't.

I don't care about the rest.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@debatablenerd: if dbs never happened then there would be a honest discussion but at this point I feel like there is no need to discuss it.

goku by now is close to universal or is universal, cell being solar system lvl isn’t far thatched like mo mo statements Are. Also buu had statements of him being able to destroy the universe over a period of time and actually destroyed a galaxy in the anime backing up cell statements of him being solar system lvl

Perfawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes a shitton of mental gymnastics in order to claim Cell isn't a solar system buster, which has been backed up by numerous guidebooks, Video games, and Official websites.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lets see what happens if its BS.

1. cell knows they can sense ki and would look like an idiot.

2. toriyama made his characters sense ki and would look like an idiot.

3. a statement like this in a scenario like this to be BS doesnt make sense considering how powerful they got in that time.

4.obviously a downplayer simply doesnt want it to be true.

now if its true.

1. doesn’t contradict anything and doesnt change anything.

its obvious.

anything else is simple bias from the BS side or truth side.

anything else you add to it is simply nothing but wishful thinking since there is nothing to discuss about here.

either you believe it or not becouse a stronger character not busting shit been the case since fckin dragonball.

let it rest.

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By debatablenerd

@dmnb2wavy said:

@debatablenerd: if dbs never happened then there would be a honest discussion but at this point I feel like there is no need to discuss it.

goku by now is close to universal or is universal, cell being solar system lvl isn’t far thatched like mo mo statements Are. Also buu had statements of him being able to destroy the universe over a period of time and actually destroyed a galaxy in the anime backing up cell statements of him being solar system lvl

Not only the anime isn't canon, but Majin Buu didn't destroy the galaxy in the manga.

3. Boo, Majin (innocent) [#BO2#BOO]

Chapter: 445 (DBZ 251), P13.3-5

Kaioshin: “Long ago, about when humanity on Earth had just begun to walk on 2 legs…In the depths of space, there was an extremely evil wizard called “Bibidi”…One day, by chance Bibidi happened to create a terrible monster…An extraordinarily terrifying majin called “Boo”…Majin Boo had neither reason nor emotions, and devoted himself to nothing but destruction and slaughter…A monster born only to inspire fear in living things…In just a few years, hundreds of planets were transformed into dead worlds…”

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dmnb2wavy said:

Not only the anime isn't canon, but Majin Buu didn't destroy the galaxy in the manga.

No Caption Provided

Never stated he destroyed a galaxy in the manga So this is a weird point.

Anyway he has statements of him being able to destroy the universe over a certain period of time

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The anime may not be canon but it serves to further back up my points as to cell being at least solar system lvl.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By debatablenerd

@dmnb2wavy said:
    @debatablenerd said:
    @dmnb2wavy said:

No Caption Provided

Anyway he has statements of him being able to destroy the universe over a certain period of time

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The anime may not be canon but it serves to further back up my points as to cell being at least solar system lvl.

It wouldn't make sense for a Dragon Ball character to suddenly jump scale from Solar System to Universal level in the following arc. You do realize that lowest bound and the highest bound of Solar System scale is roughly a trillion times? Even if you could oneshot a character who is Solar System level character with a sneeze, you would still be Solar System level regardless.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

@debatablenerd said:
    @dmnb2wavy said:
    @debatablenerd said:
    @dmnb2wavy said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It wouldn't make sense for a Dragon Ball character to suddenly jump scale from Solar System to Universal level in the following arc. You do realize that lowest bound and the highest bound of Solar System scale is roughly a trillion times? Even if you could oneshot a character who is Solar System level character with a finger poke, you would still be Solar System level regardless.

frieza anyone? good thing buu scales above characters who could one shot cell.

anyway buu would of destroyed everything in the Or the universe eventually. As to how long it would take we have no idea But suffice to say buu isn’t universal.

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garobesthero1: It does when it supports his statements.

The same video game either has Legendary Super Saiyan 3 Broly lose to Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or Legendary Super Saiyan Broly beating up Super Saiyan Gogeta. Not very reliable at all.

Perfawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debatablenerd: You probably don't know the game i'm talking about anyways.

aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debatablenerd:

Anti-Cell argument: Cell can't destroyed the solar system in one attack because he never done it so he must be lying.

Pro-Cell argument: The reason why Cell didn't destroyed the solar system was because he was eradicate by Gohan's Kamehameha wave. It wasn't like he tried then fail to do so.

No fictional character can one-shot the solar system. Your hand would have to be the same size as the sun and the length of your arms have to be the distance between the sun and pluto.

Being the super-intelligence android he is, Cell's perfect Kamehameha would most after destroying the earth would travel to the sun causing massive damages to it core. Which would cause the sun to undergo supernova explosion destroying the solar system.

Cell's statement, "I gather enough ki to destroy the solar system." must be true because it was written by the original author, Akira Toriyama. So author's intent = word of god trump fan/antifan statement.

Why would a super-intelligence android lie about his destruction capabilities? Especially since all of the Z Fighters are able to sense Cell's Ki energy(power level) so they would know if he was lying.

https://law.marquette.edu/facultyblog/2014/07/commonly-confused-words-a-couple-a-few-some-several-or-many/comment-page-1/

In my studies to teach English as a Second Language, we were instructed to explain those terms as: a couple is 2, a few is 3 or 4, several is 5 or 6 and many is more than that.

So going by Grand Supreme Kai's statement, Majin Buu in 3-4 years destroyed 500-600 planets.

So Cell's statement match the power

scaling

Zeno: destroy multiple universe

Beerus: able to destroyed one universe. Not allow to battle Champs for both universe 6 and 7 would be destroyed.

SSJ3 Goku: 1,200,000,000 PL or 24,000 kili. Able to destroyed 120-240 planets.

Majin Buu: galactic level threat. going by Supreme Kai's statement, Majin Buu was able to destroyed 500-600 planets in 3-4 years.

SSJ2 Goku: 300,000,000 PL or 6,000 kili. Able to destroyed 30-60 planets.

Super Perfect Cell:

SSJ Goku: 150,000,000 PL or 3,000 kili. Able to destroy 15-30 planets.

Final Form Frieza: planetary level threat. 120,000,000 PL or 2,400 kili. Able to destroyed 12-24 planets.

Frieza Sage base Goku: 3,000,000 PL or 70 kili.

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/01_202038_1365_2048.webp[/img]

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/02_196812_1365_2048.webp[/img]

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/03_198662_1365_2048.webp[/img]

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/05_150402_1365_2048.webp[/img]

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/10_240048_1365_2048.webp[/img]

Gohan: "Dad, I'm sorry... I should have been able to save the earth from Cell... But I failed."

Vegeta: "I... I can't believe it... I was... Only a liability. Gohan... I'm sorry."

Gohan: "Vegeta apologized? He know. He know there is no hope."

Piccolo: "C... Curse it... CURSE IT!!! I curse our powerlessness. "

Gohan: "Just get it over with... I know it's pointless to resist... I just wish I'd been able to finish you first."

Now tell me where in these statement that the Z Fighters thought that Cell was bluffing(lying)?

By their statements everybody took him by his words.

debatablenerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debatablenerd:

Anti-Cell argument: Cell can't destroyed the solar system in one attack because he never done it so he must be lying.

Pro-Cell argument: The reason why Cell didn't destroyed the solar system was because he was eradicate by Gohan's Kamehameha wave. It wasn't like he tried then fail to do so.

No fictional character can one-shot the solar system. Your hand would have to be the same size as the sun and the length of your arms have to be the distance between the sun and pluto.

Being the super-intelligence android he is, Cell's perfect Kamehameha would most after destroying the earth would travel to the sun causing massive damages to it core. Which would cause the sun to undergo supernova explosion destroying the solar system.

Cell's statement, "I gather enough ki to destroy the solar system." must be true because it was written by the original author, Akira Toriyama. So author's intent = word of god trump fan/antifan statement.

Why would a super-intelligence android lie about his destruction capabilities? Especially since all of the Z Fighters are able to sense Cell's Ki energy(power level) so they would know if he was lying.

https://law.marquette.edu/facultyblog/2014/07/commonly-confused-words-a-couple-a-few-some-several-or-many/comment-page-1/

In my studies to teach English as a Second Language, we were instructed to explain those terms as: a couple is 2, a few is 3 or 4, several is 5 or 6 and many is more than that.

So going by Grand Supreme Kai's statement, Majin Buu in 3-4 years destroyed 500-600 planets.

So Cell's statement match the power

scaling

Zeno: destroy multiple universe

Beerus: able to destroyed one universe. Not allow to battle Champs for both universe 6 and 7 would be destroyed.

SSJ3 Goku: 1,200,000,000 PL or 24,000 kili. Able to destroyed 120-240 planets.

Majin Buu: galactic level threat. going by Supreme Kai's statement, Majin Buu was able to destroyed 500-600 planets in 3-4 years.

SSJ2 Goku: 300,000,000 PL or 6,000 kili. Able to destroyed 30-60 planets.

Super Perfect Cell:

SSJ Goku: 150,000,000 PL or 3,000 kili. Able to destroy 15-30 planets.

Final Form Frieza: planetary level threat. 120,000,000 PL or 2,400 kili. Able to destroyed 12-24 planets.

Frieza Sage base Goku: 3,000,000 PL or 70 kili.

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/01_202038_1365_2048.webp[/img]

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/02_196812_1365_2048.webp[/img]

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/03_198662_1365_2048.webp[/img]

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/05_150402_1365_2048.webp[/img]

[img]https://xy-06-w.mangapark.net/34/db/5bd9d5430cc25a2e5ae9bd43/10_240048_1365_2048.webp[/img]

Gohan: "Dad, I'm sorry... I should have been able to save the earth from Cell... But I failed."

Vegeta: "I... I can't believe it... I was... Only a liability. Gohan... I'm sorry."

Gohan: "Vegeta apologized? He know. He know there is no hope."

Piccolo: "C... Curse it... CURSE IT!!! I curse our powerlessness. "

Gohan: "Just get it over with... I know it's pointless to resist... I just wish I'd been able to finish you first."

Now tell me where in these statement that the Z Fighters thought that Cell was bluffing(lying)?

By their statements everybody took him by his words.

How do you know how much planets Majin Buu destroyed, and how do you how many years it took him to do? Same with the rest of the numbers? It's pure calculation stacking with no actually evidence to back it up in the manga.

Avatar image for deactivated-605ff3ffc3245
    deactivated-605ff3ffc3245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want an official source here you have one:

No Caption Provided

This is the official spanish version of Dragon Ball The legend of the Manga published by BIRD STUDIO:

No Caption Provided

BIRD STUDIO for people who don't know is the production studio created by Akira Toriyama himself so these are directly made under his supervision.

aqmatlatsuji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debatablenerd:

Because Kaioshin's statement: In a few years, several hundreds of planets were destroy. And from my search, most people accept that few = 3 and several = 5 or more.

But if we took Kaioshin's statement to the lowest number it logically could be which would be 2 (few) years and 200 (hundreds) planets.

So Buu destroy at least 200 planets in 2 years which going by our solar system equal about 25 solar system (25x8=200).

Avatar image for animeisniche_ok
    Animeisniche_ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Animeisniche_ok

Weak ass Vegeta final flash was already Star level.

ChaosReigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing indicates that cell was lying. If so, please point out the evidence that shows that he was bluffing.

In no instance has cell ever showed to lie to his opponents. He knows what he is capable of.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Kingdrago101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kingdrago101

Yes he was bluffing, no point in asking a thread of dbtard fanboys the majority is obviously going to say yes but thats because the community is misinformed

Kingdrago101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kingdrago101

@chaosreigns: Its funny how you say that when he thought he was the perfect life form and nobody could even come close to him.. Or when Vegeta surprised him by almost killing him with the Final flash attack but in your head he has never lied.

Obvious fanboy

Why even bother making a thread if people like you are just going to innately lie about details.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 takenstew22  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.