Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

Was Piccolo a Country Buster?

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
    deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Was Piccolo a Country Buster? (40 votes)

Yes 73%
    no 23%
    Maybe 5%

King Piccolo claimed that he could destroy an entire sector of the world in the blink of an eye. (1/43rd of earth's surface)

• 
    Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Piccolo was city level, likely large city level.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, his best feat was destroying a city, the guide books says he is small nuke level, and Yajirobe said it was amazing Goku could beat someone who could destroy an entire city. He was clearly presented as city level. However throughout the course of a day he could pretty much wipe a country away, which is what he was going to do, hence why he was going to a ship. He was going to go from place to place blowing cities up I assume.

The first characters who could destroy an entire country is one attack were probably BOZ Goku and Piccolo. 23rd Goku and Piccolo could arguably destroy a really small country.

Raditz or Nappa are probably the first ones who could destroy a large country like the united states in one shot.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: that doesn't fit with the statement of an officail source the manga itself >>>> guide books.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: The manga doesn't say he is planet level, it says he is city level.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

Chapter: 150, P7.2, P8.2-3

Context: after Piccolo attacks the city

King: “A-ah! The c-city, the city’s…been wiped out..!”

Piccolo: “Do you understand? If I felt like it, it wouldn’t be any trouble for me to destroy the entire world…If you still don’t believe me, I could just turn all the scenery you can see from here into wasteland.”

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By alextheboss

@shenron007: He probably meant destroying the world as in killing all humans. The way he says "your whole world" implies that, and also he said if he insisted he could turn everything they could see into a desert, which he pretty much does later while fighting Goku. So I could see King Piccolo being able to destroy everything in a 10 mile radius into a desert, but not much more than that. At max I would say multi city level.

No Caption Provided

And Piccolo actually seems to use up a good amount of energy when making city sized blasts.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should provide scans

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: Not really. It's pretty clear that nobody below Vegeta even has a chance of destroying Earth in one shot, and Frieza is the first confirmed 100% planet buster. King Piccolo's best feat is destroying a city, the guide book says he is nuke level, and Yajirobe says beating a city buster is amazing, and Yajirobe is 22nd budokai tier. Everything pretty much points to him being city to city+ level.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: only panel confirmed planet buster in original manga is kid buu and Cell. frieza has been added after mang finsished so don't count.

Piccolo: “Do you understand? If I felt like it, it wouldn’t be any trouble for me to destroy the entire world…

no were in that text does it say "your world" even if did it still didn't say humans" you are just being in denial to what the text says and making made up assumptions.

Avatar image for gokuandsuperman
    GokuAndSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GokuAndSuperman

@alextheboss: Well Radiz And Nappa are pretty much moon busters. Of course they have no problem destroying Earth within days.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuandsuperman: neither raditz nor nappa have destroyed anything on the scale of a moon in original manga king picollo destroyed a city but still has a better statement than both.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007:

only panel confirmed planet buster in original manga is kid buu and Cell. frieza has been added after mang finsished so don't count.

What? Frieza destroyed planet namek in the manga...

Piccolo: “Do you understand? If I felt like it, it wouldn’t be any trouble for me to destroy the entire world…

no were in that text does it say "your world" even if did it still didn't say humans" you are just being in denial to what the text says and making made up assumptions.

In the scan I posted it said "your world". And you are the one in denial if you actually think King Piccolo is planet level. Don't you also think android 17 is stronger than UI omen Goku?

@alextheboss: Well Radiz And Nappa are pretty much moon busters. Of course they have no problem destroying Earth within days.

Pretty sure it was stated that it takes saiyans months to clear a planet of its population but that may of been anime only. I think they might of said with Oozaru forms they could do it in a few weeks, but also they weren't allowed to destroy the planet too much or it would destroy its value.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MainJP
    @alextheboss said:

@shenron007:

only panel confirmed planet buster in original manga is kid buu and Cell. frieza has been added after mang finsished so don't count.

What? Frieza destroyed planet namek in the manga...

He's talking about the Bardock panel. You've seen it actually, right?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dragon-ball-universe/4015-56629/forums/debunking-ssj-gotenks-not-having-light-speed-or-ft-1937471/?page=2

There's no way he's not trolling with everyone. He can easily just do the research himself if he wants but he just keeps repeating the same tripe for no reason.

"Hurr that wasn't in the manga *shows proof* Hurr it was added after the fact" Stop taking this guy seriously.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piccolo is obviously just city level.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: That Bardock panel wasn't from Toriyama or dragon ball minus just in case you didn't know, it was from a non canon manga made by someone else where Bardock went ssj.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MainJP

@alextheboss: I was talking about this:

No Caption Provided

He kept denying this was in the original run despite someone posting evidence. He did this with me about Krillin screaming Vegeta's name not being a thing that happened in the manga.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp: Oh ok. The link you put had the other scan first so I didn't scroll down further to see that one.

Anyways I think it's pretty safe to say nobody below saiyan saga Vegeta can destroy Earth, anyone from saiyan saga Vegeta up to Ginyu level has a chance of destroying Earth, and anyone first form Frieza level or above can definitely destroy Earth.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: you haven't disproved anything, you just like to apply your head cannon's and assumptions to something the text i send, and the link you send don't state, either of them don't prove your point.

@MainJP: is just going offtopic.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MainJP

@shenron007: You're still trolling. There's no discussion to be had. And it's not off topic, what you said about Freeza never planet busting on-panel ties in perfectly with the inane drivel you were spewing on Easter.

You've proven time and time again that you can't be taken seriously by claiming things aren't in the manga or didn't happen without fact checking, and it's funny how you're the only person ever to try and argue a planet level King Piccolo.

You've had your laughs I bet but it's time to get a hobby.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: Piccolo being a planet buster completely goes against everything shown. You can consider him a planet buster in your head canon, but going by the source and supplementary material he isn't. I've noticed you have said a lot of questionable things on this site and I think @mainjp may be right about you trolling.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: i have shown you the line i send, you and you send me yours and in both cases it doesn't mention "human's" neither does your whole world translate to "human's". but the entire earth the globe itself.

just like it shown, you just making assumptions on things that aren't in your text, neither in mine. King picollo remains planet buster as you can't disregard both text with just assumptions that aren't in both lines.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
    deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

King Piccolo was city level, likely large city level.

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel_18: based on? both alex his text and my text disagree with you.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheDeathstar

Actually, this Piccolo said he can destroy a portion of the world that is the sectors DB Earth is divided into and that wiping a city was nothing to him.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstar: He was probably going to do that within a day though. In one attack he can turn everywhere around him into a desert, so that would be around city to city+. He was getting ready to go into a flying car before Tien stopped him, so I assume they were just going to fly from place to place destroying the area.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@alextheboss said:

Pretty sure it was stated that it takes saiyans months to clear a planet of its population but that may of been anime only. I think they might of said with Oozaru forms they could do it in a few weeks, but also they weren't allowed to destroy the planet too much or it would destroy its value.

It takes them time because they can't just nuke it and be done. When Nappa did the 2 fingers attack, Vegeta chastised him because a dragon ball could have been caught in the attack, but also because turning the planet into a barren lowers it sale price. So they probably had to be careful to cause minimal duestruction, and that's why it took them a lot of time. There's also the thing that every time we've seen saiyans trying to take a planet they were met with resistance.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mortein

What was the point of all of this if he was unable to destroy a country?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And by the time Tien came there, Piccolo was already entering his plane to go to the region 29.

No Caption Provided

Where the hell was he going if not to region 29 to destroy it? The entire story makes no sense if Piccolo is unable to destroy a region.

Writers intent is pretty obvious, he wanted us to believe Piccolo can destroy a region.

And besides, even without all of this, Roshi destroyed the Moon, so we should expect King Piccolo to be able to destroy at least a portion of the Earth.

Dession_Viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe he is.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: you make really good points as usual, but sadly everyone where will say Piccolo would of destroyed it overtime or because he didn't do it, it doesn't count.

gideongarner01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Country buster? Try continent buster.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By takenstew22

No. King Piccolo is mountain level at best imo.

jaakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is stronger than roshi who busted a moon, but I don't think he could bust a planet, no

Phantasial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaakor said:

He is stronger than roshi who busted a moon, but I don't think he could bust a planet, no

roshi busting the moon is a gag...

No. King Piccolo is mountain level at best imo.

consistent scaling wise and feats, pretty much but would make it ''multi mountain'' as his feats at least warrants that

Avatar image for superkamigurujr
    superkamigurujr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantasial: the entire manga is gag so u talking about

all yall doing is cherry picking from the guide book and manga so some hst character can beat solo dragonball.

the guide book even states 23rd goku is a moon buster.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.neoseeker.com%2Fu%2Ft%2F10%2Fnx6zpf.png&f=1&nofb=1

there is non supporting moon buster feat is an outliner, just that the z fighters at the time where not capable of making power ki attack comparable to the max kamehameha

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YuliBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wuxia/xianxia characters busting continents and planets is a cliché of the genre. If it came down to it, I bet Daimaō could have destroyed a small planet just to show how powerful he was because Dragon Ball never operated on any sort of hard logic.

As a tangent, I also feel we get a bit too caught up in "city/continent/moon/planet/etc."-buster thinking. If you can destroy the moon, you can destroy the Earth. Not in one fell-swoop admittedly. But if you blew out 1/80th of the Earth's mass, the planet's effectively ruined, a molten rock of hell and death. And to be perfectly technical, our moon is larger than the planet Mercury, so the designation is a bit iffy. I get what it's all about, but if it's fun to talk about these things, then surely it must also be fun to pull at the seams to point out inconsistencies!

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yuliban said:

Wuxia/xianxia characters busting continents and planets is a cliché of the genre. If it came down to it, I bet Daimaō could have destroyed a small planet just to show how powerful he was because Dragon Ball never operated on any sort of hard logic.

As a tangent, I also feel we get a bit too caught up in "city/continent/moon/planet/etc."-buster thinking. If you can destroy the moon, you can destroy the Earth. Not in one fell-swoop admittedly. But if you blew out 1/80th of the Earth's mass, the planet's effectively ruined, a molten rock of hell and death. And to be perfectly technical, our moon is larger than the planet Mercury, so the designation is a bit iffy. I get what it's all about, but if it's fun to talk about these things, then surely it must also be fun to pull at the seams to point out inconsistencies!

The moon is smaller than Mercury

YuliBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, that's right, I was thinking of Ganymede.

Still, the central point is that our moon is sizable for a rocky celestial body. Destroying it completely could still qualify as "planet busting strength" if going by smaller planets. But that's nitpicking.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cope harder you clowns. King Piccolo is a moon buster. The denial is delicious. For example, you have series like Naruto where a moon is never destroyed, but they are small planet busters according to people on here lol. But DB can destroy the moon 3 times by characters of these levels and a character like King Piccolo is a city buster lol. Some of y'all are straight up clowns.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yup

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juzacloud: Actually the daizenshuu says king Piccolo has the power of a small nuke, and Yajirobe said it was amazing Goku could beat someone who could destroy a city, and he was as strong as 22nd budokai Tien, Goku, and Roshi, which makes the arguments for Piccolo being city level pretty strong. Not to mentioned his charged up blast initially only destroyed a portion of the city, and against Goku he destroyed the full city but it made him tired.

That being said, if his claim of being able to destroy 1/43rd of the planet in an instant is true, he is at least country-continent level, and if he knew a proper technique like the kamehameha, he should be able to charge it to moon level like Roshi.

But it's kind of disingenuous of you to post all of those moon busting scans when all of them except Roshi's come from characters who can one shot King Piccolo multiple times over, and the Roshi scan you posed was from him destroying a moutain, and not his moon busting panel, which makes me question your dragon ball knowledge further.

I also have Naruto at moon level, so your post as a lot of presumptuous statements in it.

Currently I think King Piccolo can probably wipe out a country if he charges up a good attack, but I don't know if he would be able to blow up the moon if he doesn't learn a proper move like the kamehameha.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah he was

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.