And begins 10 pages of ridiculousness

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I hope everybody knows that Blue Marvel can level galaxies when bloodlusted.

Blue Marvel hyperstomps.

New52Collector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Lol i hope nobody brings up the whole "created and destroyed a universe through matter manipulation" Captain Atom feat

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@new52collector: If you have seen the Wonder Woman/Supergirl vs Blue Marvel/King Hyperion thread or the Blue Marvel vs Cheetah thread, you'll see

New52Collector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By New52Collector
TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@new52collector: Cause he performed that feat inside the Quantum Field and the fight doesn't take place there anyways.

New52Collector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trionace: whats the quantum field? And does it amp his powers in a way that allows him to create universes in there but not outside of it?

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@new52collector: The Quantum Field is where CA gets his powers from? It's a virtually unlimited supply of energy to him. Don't you know that? And yes it amped him big time. It would be like Surfer being inside the astral plane

New52Collector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap Atom wins

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And begins 10 pages of ridiculousness

Blue Marvel is getting out of hand.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nathaniel

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blue marvel wins. no one still knows who he is though.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LT killing anti matter punches are too strong.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's funny. blue marvel has haters. this guy have been in how many comics? he isn't known enough to have haters. I hope he gets used more. now I see what some people were whining about. instead of making captain America black...why not just promote the ones u have?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good ol' Captain Atom gives BM a true thrashing.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By johnfrank120

@johnfrank120 said:

LT killing anti matter punches are too strong.

And here are the scans.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

'NOOOOO!' Dies

'You messing?'

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pffft the omniverse *Omniverse is destroyed with a punch.*

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom.

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By law1602

Captain Atom, more versatile

Avatar image for deactivated-61baf7ac11c2d
deactivated-61baf7ac11c2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel caves his face in.

Atrocitus001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: no he can't. His best feats are suckerpunching Sentry to Earth's orbit and the watchers statement of him capable of destroying the moon with his punches. Unless you have any proof, it's just a blunt statement.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain atom stomps.

cosmoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cosmoman
Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close fight. CA could win. If this comes down to a slug fest, CA's got a glass jaw vs strong types.

Atrocitus001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike3: Punching Sentry into the moon isn't solid proof that he's on par with him. Also, captain marvel, ironman and wonderman are mid tier level. Also BM's antimatter manipulation hasn't been used consistently and was only used less that a few times. Captain atom can manipulate the quantumverse, can manipulate and absorb energy and radiation and he's consistently with it. He's also fought high tier superheroes like superman and other members of the JL consistently. I hate when fanboys pick one feat of a character in comic and make a big deal of it without pulling other similar feats to back the original. I'd also like proof and scans to back your argument. I've got mine ready.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@atrocitus001 said:

Captain atom can manipulate the quantumverse, can manipulate and absorb energy and radiation and he's consistently with it. He's also fought high tier superheroes like superman and other members of the JL consistently.

The fights he had with Superman, not counting any out-of-continuity fights (JLU, Injustice, etc), kinda had some context. Bot of the fights they had were in Public Enemies. Superman dominated him only using his heat vision in the first fight. In the second fight, Captain Atom KO'ed Superman by channeling a quantum blast thru the Kryptonite ring that Earth-22 Superman gave to him. We have yet to see a straight-up fight between the both of them in mainstream continuity.

As for fighting members of the JL consistently, there are only a couple of examples. In Justice League America annual, Cap did defeat a version of the Justice League that had Shazam, Dr. Fate, Martian Manhunter, and the like, but that was an alternate reality version of the team. Then, there was the time he fought the JLA after his reappearance from his exploits as Monarch (Hal, Congorilla, Green Arrow, Dr. Light, the Atom, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Black Canary). He only brief held his own until, and wasn't trying to fight them seriously, until they dominated him.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike3 said:

CA's got a glass jaw vs strong types.

Actually, durability-wise, he holds up pretty well against strong types. A bloodlusted Power Girl couldn't even kill him, let alone KO him. A bloodlusted Apollo couldn't kill him, let alone KO him. Maul was hitting him with punches that had the mass of an aircraft carrier, and still, it hurt him but that was it. His "glass jaw" held up against Majestic also. It also took the whole Global Guardians (it had the Olympian and many other heavy-hitters) to beat him unconscious. There was his fight with Ultraa, who also couldn't KO him. Darkseid once backfisted him, it only knocked him off his feet. Orion also, but no KO. There's probably more I'm forgetting.

There are very few instances of him having a glass jaw, and almost all those instances are low showings.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock

Anyway, I think Blue Marvel takes him. Blue Marvel's individual strength feats, like nearly splitting the moon in half, lifting the Enterprise aircraft carrier, and carrying an asteroid the size of Arkansas are more quantifiable than Captain Atom's. Most of Captain Atom's strength best strength feats are:

• statements (he was stated to be strong enough to move mountains in JLE, which on average, weighs about 260,000,000,000 tons, from what I've read). We never see Captain Atom actually do this on panel. Take it how you wanna take it.
  • unquantifiable (carried a large stone that was "the weight of his own pride" in Purgatory). How much does his pride weigh, exactly?
  • are based on power scaling (Mr. Majestic, Ultraa, Kylstar* etc). Ultraa, being an Almeracian like Maxima, should be more than enough to fight Kryptonians (if we assume his strength-level is anywhere around Maxima's, who has fought Superman and Doomsday).
  • His best showing is probably against Mr. Majestic, and while it's shown that Maj can move planets around, that doesn't mean that Captain Atom can do the same or is at least as strong as Maj. I will say that he's more than strong enough to fight someone at that strength level though (considering the fact that he KO'ed Maj in their first encounter). There's also the possibility that Maj was holding back some in that first encounter too, but it's debatable, since Maj did say that "he was going to send him back to where he came from in pieces." It could be argued that he was holding back because he underestimated Captain Atom at the time.
  • striking power (hit Firestorm so hard that it knocked both Ronnie and Martin out of the Firestorm Matrix).
  • *against Kylstar, it took the combined might of Captain Atom and Superman to beat him; he was briefly dominating both of them. Simultaneous punches from the both of them cracked his face, ending the fight.
  • he does, however, have consistent showings of durability against superpowered beings, though. I've already listed those in a separate post.

Even if we taking power-scaling into account, Blue Marvel has a better track record of that (Namor, Anti-Man, Sentry, King Hyperion, Ultimate Hulk) and actually outperforms Captain Atom when it comes to physical confrontations vs superpowered beings in his class. That said, Captain Atom isn't consistently shown to showcase his superhuman strength, in or out of battle. While Captain Atom struggled against the Justice League while holding back and was moreso defending himself, Blue Marvel knocked Sentry into orbit and briefly dominated the Avengers (Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Ares, Wonder Man) until he was eventually brought down.

Captain Atom probably excels over Blue Marvel in terms of energy manipulation and such, but I don't think he does to point where Blue Marvel can't contend with him in that regard. Plus, Blue Marvel possesses genius-level intellect, and I believe it wouldn't take him long to figure out how Captain Atom's powers work or figure out how to get around them. There's also the possibility of Captain Atom quantum-jumping if he absorbs too much energy. Captain Atom has had this limitation exploited numerous times, especially against opponents that he's fought the first time, whom had no prior knowledge of his limitations. So there's no reason to think the same couldn't happen here.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how Captain Atom wore down Dr. Manhattan with energy blasts after everyone else couldn't faze him. It didn't put him down completely, though... Hmmm... I don't think it changes anything, however.

This is just my take on it though.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: no he can't. His best feats are suckerpunching Sentry to Earth's orbit and the watchers statement of him capable of destroying the moon with his punches. Unless you have any proof, it's just a blunt statement.

How do you sucker punch someone that was 1) already pummeling you, and 2) looking directly at you? You make it seem as if his back was turned when Blue Marvel hit him lol.

Atrocitus001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Atrocitus001

@static_shock: so what makes you think he won't straight-up absorb BM's antimatter energy?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: so what makes you think he won't straight-up absorb BM's antimatter energy?

In what capacity? You mean without quantum jumping?

Characters with weaker energy output have made Captain Atom jump thru time before because he ended up absorbing too much energy at once. If it came down to absorbing Blue Marvel's energy-based attacks, I think Captain Atom would be fine. However, if it came down to a battle of energy generation/manipulation and he has to absorb more energy than usual, he'd run the risk of a time jump.

Now, if Captain Atom attempted to drain all of the energy from Blue Marvel's body, he would have to be in close proximity and touch him to do so. But, I don't see Blue Marvel allowing this, because getting close to him means taking hits from him. There's still the risk of a time jump even if he tries.

Atrocitus001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Atrocitus001

@static_shock: Do you have proof of your claims?. Captain atom can manipulate the quantum field and time travel(read Captain Atom's latest issues). He's also doesn't need to drain his energy as Adam can be physically hurt. He can transmute Adam in water or dust before he can even react and unlike the ridiculously overpowered Sentry he can't reform his atoms.I think we should start posting scans of this conversation as proof

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel2DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@static_shock: I don't know, the feats and scaling you gave sure makes it seem to me like Atom can prevail. But then, I usually take scaling as legitimate.

And if CA could fight Mr. Majestic and not get soundly trounced, that does imply comparable physicals unless it can be proven that Mr. Majestic was holding back.

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatsonmelo: what's that suppose to prove?.

That Atom gets trashed by beings weaker than BM. In fact, Atom was already incaped by Iron Man long enough for IM to hit him with a containment arrow.

No Caption Provided

Marvel2DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatsonmelo: That's JL v avengers and it's not canon meaning this isn't the Captain Atom in the DC continuity. Pull feats from the dc continuity

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel2dc: JLA/Avengers is completely canon

Avatar image for demonicravegirl
DemonicRaveGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blue Marvel wank is god tier

Marvel2DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Marvel2DC

@hatsonmelo: Ironman's weapons have taken down the likes of hulk and thor. Also, this was a 2 v1 and hawk eye used red foil containment arrow which temporarily allowed for ironman to put him down. This is before the new 52 and this wasn't even a straight up fight like the one with superman v thor or ww and hercules(in which dc heroes won both the battles).

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel2dc:

Ironman's weapons have taken down the likes of hulk and thor.

They have not.

Also, this was a 2 v1 and hawk eye used red foil containment arrow which temporarily allowed for ironman to put him down

It wasn't, Cap Atom was already incaped by then. See Clint telling him "I just shut him up, you shut him down"

This is before the new 52 and this wasn't even a straight up fight like the one with superman v thor or ww and hercules(in which dc heroes won both the battles).

Rules say Pre-52 and Hercules didn't have his godly power in JLA/Avengers.

Marvel2DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatsonmelo: hercules didn't have his godly powers yet he's literally a god. You can do better than this. Even batman has one time taken down superman but does that mean he can beat him?. Captain atom has numerous feats that show he's above the likes of ironman or other marvel powerhouses. That one instance doesn't make him vulnerable to the likes of street level characters.

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel2dc:

hercules didn't have his godly powers yet he's literally a god. You can do better than this.

You are not particularly knowledge on comic books so you really shouldn't try having this discussion with someone who is.

Hercules lost all his godly power in the year 1996 and didn't gain it back until events in 2006, JLA/Avengers took place in 2004

Even batman has one time taken down superman but does that mean he can beat him?.

Batman has never taken down Superman in canon.

Captain atom has numerous feats that show he's above the likes of ironman or other marvel powerhouses. That one instance doesn't make him vulnerable to the likes of street level characters.

He does not, and Iron Man is not a street leveler.

Marvel2DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@hatsonmelo: Those are two marvel heavy hitters taken down by Tony. But does that conclude that he's more powerful than them?. So, Atom being taken down by Tony isn't enough to say that he's gonna defeat him.

hatsonmelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel2dc: Please stop embarrassing yourself. Red Hulk was not remotely taken down by IM, only flown up and down (as he doesn't have the power of flight) and was fine after the assault

No Caption Provided

Context is also missing with the Hulk instance, he was already weakened beforehand and Tony gave himself a heart attack KOing him.

Not the case with Atom where he beat him without strain.