GoW Thor vs Sorcerer Supreme Strange

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By DarkRealm

Poll GoW Thor vs Sorcerer Supreme Strange (170 votes)

GoW Thor 39%
Strange Supreme 61%
Close Call 1%
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

There's been a lot of hype surrounding this Thor and I wanted to create this battle because it seems to some that Thor is above the mcu's pay grade currently.

So...who wins?

• 
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#1 frozen  Moderator

Thor takes it.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark:

I'm sure how strong this version of Thor there's just a lot of hype surrounding him.

Who do you think wins

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkrealm: Haven't played the game, but I really doubt Thor will be the one getting the galaxy+ feats in the game

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hype.. for Thor.. isn't uncommon.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frozen  Moderator

@killianduclark: He already has a feat far above galaxy level in the game. He splintered the world tree.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably Thor

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: yh but the splintering of ydrassil happened offscreen and always sounded like an outlier or hyperbole to me

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By thenamelessone
@killianduclark said:

@frozen: yh but the splintering of ydrassil happened offscreen and always sounded like an outlier or hyperbole to me

happened on screen in GOW Ragnarok leaks , and thus the guys scales to Yggdrasil now.

Lilgodperv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killianduclark: He also bonked the world serpent across space time on screen.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thenamelessone
@bayonettafan said:
@frozen said:

@killianduclark: He already has a feat far above galaxy level in the game. He splintered the world tree.

Ok but how did he do it ? What "splinter" means at all ?

basically his battle with the world serpant shook it so violently the world tree itself broke kind of , meaning Thor scales to the world tree itself.

Lilgodperv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenamelessone: Ther is also the feat of him him kratos clashing and creating a root shaped lightning frozen in ice. I believe that it's a root of the yagdrassil tree.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenamelessone: Ther is also the feat of him him kratos clashing and creating a root shaped lightning frozen in ice. I believe that it's a root of the yagdrassil tree.

Oh yea , that time both guys seem to be consciouness and concentrating of their power and their clashes are still effecting Yggdrasil's roots itself , remember each strand of the actual Yggdrasil is transcendant to space and time , crazy how epically the verse got upgraded.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenamelessone said:
@bayonettafan said:
@frozen said:

basically his battle with the world serpant shook it so violently the world tree itself broke kind of , meaning Thor scales to the world tree itself.

Is it on screen how did this happen ? Or this is just off screen alking what has happened (explanation why Jormungard got sent back in time) ? I think Surtur is destined to destroy the tree.

its on screen , its in the leak , iirc @akz has the GIF of it and how it happened , Surtur would eventually erase it entirely iirc , something we'll have to wait and see.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frozen  Moderator
Lilgodperv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayonettafan: From the leaks Thor bonked jormugand so hard that he was sent across space time.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange eats him, mismatch

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@thenamelessone said:
@bayonettafan said:
@thenamelessone said:
@bayonettafan said:
@frozen said:

Is it on screen how did this happen ? Or this is just off screen alking what has happened (explanation why Jormungard got sent back in time) ? I think Surtur is destined to destroy the tree.

its on screen , its in the leak , iirc @akz has the GIF of it and how it happened , Surtur would eventually erase it entirely iirc , something we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah Surtur is supposed to wipe out all of existence eventually, not damage some of it.

Ok but take a look from logical point of view. Thor strikes Jormungard it makes Jormungard teleport in time. But why nothing in human world is affected then ? Should planet be destroyed in process or galaxy ? Was this feat happening inside dimension which neutralises all magical/multiversal threads like Speed Force from DC, Mirror Dimension in Marvel or Purgatorio in Bayonetta ?

Maybe this splintering was only hax beyond measurement and Thor only caused like 1/(infinity*infinity) part to get splintered.

9 realms according to @rajjarsalt are confirmed to be seperated by physical space (so no dimensions) and time space transcendence need context. In this game it explains why world is immortal; keeps regenerating itself; keeps providing natural resources to realms like soil, water, nutrients and it allows you to perform time travelling. If this was 4d status you shouldn't be able to existing in future and past. you should be like True Form Darkseid (4th dimension dweller) to be "omnipresent" and to big to be contained in normal multiverse requiring special dimension big enough to contain you (then use special diminishing power device like Boomtube to nerf your power level inside mortal universe).

Why does it make it even galaxy tier ? Dark Doctor simply reversed with time gem this galaxy sized explosion making it believable. Bayonetta in 1st and 2nd game several times with magic powers/spell casting/summons affected galaxies in red crimson clouds or reversed galaxy creation across time by strip sexy pole dance/Heavenly Manipulator. Moon resembling UFO in Bayonetta universe (which Jubileus destroyed) dwarfed galaxy on screen in foreground. Broly and general DBZ characters are galaxy shatterers. Alien X from Ben 10 is casual time traveller, can grow to size of galaxy and recreate universes galaxy after galaxy. Infinity Ultron galaxy sized head and yummy crunch. Odin busted galaxy in Marvel comic visually. Super Shenron from Dragon Ball dwarfs galaxies with mere scales. Chakravartin's golden machine from Asura Wrath dwarf galaxies with hands (i mean provided that we treat them as galaxies unless game artbook's downplay is more important).

Only Ouranos feat is impressive if there is explanation why he was as big as embodiment of seas. Maybe Ares's "pocket dimension" as well (which sounded more like illusion), but it is as believable as Mundus "creating universe" in DMC 1 (Quiloth fruit consumers create illusions), Sephiroth "creating universe as well and causing Supernova" (master of super realistic illusions) and Demise from Zelda "creating universe called Hyperspace with sun inside" (preparing place for fight doesn't mean it is creation from other hand Link is too much fodder to believe Demise is that powerful).

we have a confirmed sized for Yggdrasil

No Caption Provided

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thenamelessone

@bayonettafan: The tree entirely was shook , and the damage was there as the three was splintered , splintering is the damage while shaking the cause , shaking the Yggdrasil is a great feat , no matter how we put it.

now spintering gets complex , he either splintered a massive part of the world tree or just small parts , you can never know that , which is why shaking is a much better example for the Yggdrasil as well as thor.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayonettafan: You know me , I dislike Universal , Multiversal Dante and such as hard as anyone else but this seems to me a legitmate feat.

I mean , it still holds 9 seprate realms on its branches so around nine universes , and due to god of war : revenge we are told it also holds the well of Urdr that also has a timeline for every possible outcome inside of it.

I don't think Yggdrasil is omnipresent , I think it's just a higher thing compared to the normal realms and such which are a part of time.

there is not much to hypothize or anything , Mimir tells us exactly what happened , Thor and Jormungandarr produced so much power and such that the Yggdrasil started to shake violently , violent shaking led to splinting of the world tree which send the serpant back in time , thats the order of events , their fighting caused shakings , so shaking the realms scale to them and they shook it so hard it spintered the world tree and sent Jormungandarr back in time.

now the trees and such argument is just weird , Thor is targetting Jormungandarr not the trees and mountains , thats like saying Goku isn't universal because battle of gods , where the universe was shaking the entire time , it didn't even destroy Earth and Bulma's spaceship , its a display of thor's immense power that can shake even the Yggdrasil violently.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thenamelessone

@bayonettafan: eh we can talk in PMs about this furthur , we may end up blotting the thread out with words.

SaiHuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock?

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saihuter said:

Lock?

have no idea on Supreme strange

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saihuter said:

Lock?

The votes are too close for it to be locked.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By heiqn
@thenamelessone said:
@saihuter said:

Lock?

WI Ultron is above Strange, I think you already locked that one

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:
@thenamelessone said:
@saihuter said:

Lock?

WI Ultron is above Strange, I think you already locked that one

Yeah Ultron seemed too much for Thor , how does strange fair?

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By heiqn

@thenamelessone:

Strange conjured shields that tanked attacks from Ultron, so his defense directly scales to Ultron's AP Additionally he has Transmutation and time hax.

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By advent_

I don't understand how is this not locked but the Ultron one got locked and DS nearly solo'd WI Ultron?

Is GOW Thor multiversal/universal or not?

These locks aren't making sense

tagsorwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The WOT was traumatizing

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@advent_ said:

I don't understand how is this not locked but the Ultron one got locked and DS nearly solo'd WI Ultron?

Is GOW Thor multiversal/universal or not?

These locks aren't making sense

that thread seemed pretty one sided in public opinion , this poll has been in thor's favour.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor still winning the poll , W

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers