• 96 results
Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

This is Percy at the end of the House of Hades, and Aang at the end of the series. Each has their standard equipment (Riptide and Aang's glider, respectively). Avatar State is accessible. Who wins? Personally, I think Aang.

Round 1:In character (morals on).No outside help.Win by K.O. Book feats for Percy only, and Aang gets both show feats and comic feats (feats from past Avatars count).They start 100 meters apart.Battle takes place here:

This is Yellowstone national park. Keep in mind it is an enormous super-volcano...

Round 2:Everyone is bloodlusted.Percy can get help from Jason Grace and Frank Zhang. Aang can get help from Firelord Ozai (Sozin's comet) and Amon. Win by death.They start 50 meters away.Battle takes in the Amazon rainforest.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes me want to read PJ

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Percy.

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Stronger, just as fast, better feats, superior elemental manipulation IMO.

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow Percy's best feat up to date, imo was exploding Mt. St. Helens. I'm pretty sure Aang can at least match that. To be clear, I'm just saying this is probably a close fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang is the superior hand-to-hand combatant, is amazing with his staff and is incredibly fast and agile, but Percy is pretty good in a close-quarters fight, too, and i think he's done more impressive things with his hydrokinesis, so it's pretty even. Avatar State Aang would probably stomp, though.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Can you see Aang defeating War in H2H combat?

Or how about multiple Titans?

Or Hades?

Or holding up the sky?

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@Jmarshmallow Aang has feats of destroying islands, splitting a continent, summoning winds powerful enough to push a fragment of a continent into the ocean, creating chasms around cities, levitating towns, erupting multiple volcanoes at once, causing hurricanes, spamming multi-city block busting fireballs, creating giant tornadoes, levitating multiple large building-sized structures, massive earthquakes, tsunamis, ect. I've read the whole book series multiple times. Percy's fights with Titans such as Hyperion were impressive, but I can see Aang doing them. Once again, Percy's most impressive feat thus far was him destroying Mt. St. Helens. Also Aang is also a martial arts prodigy and highly skilled h2h combatant. Also, he was only able to take on Hades due to Achilles's Curse.

Basically, I'm saying this is not a one sided fight. It should also be noted that Aang's speed feats are just as good as Percy's, such as covering several hundred miles in a fraction of a second (see episode 13: The Blue Spirit) and reacting to lightning on multiple occasions (don't say that Avatar lightning isn't as fast as real lightning; Iroh, who isn't even a particularly fast character has reacted to natural lightning but failed to do so against created lightning).

Redskull490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Aang stomps.

Hwkfan296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Percy with his sword would beat Aang with his staff, Percy would end up slicing it in half. Aang doesn't go into the Avatar state unless absolutely necessary or unless he's really mad. And it has been shown that he has trouble accessing it in battle. It also leaves him vulnerable so in round two it'd be very risky. I think if Percy stays near the water he's fine. I have to disagree with the Mt. Saint Helens feat being the best feat though. Yes, it was obviously the most powerful, but that doesn't make it the best. He takes on Immortals all the time. Aang's powerful, but I don't know how much his elemental powers would affect immortals.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized something... Riptide can't hurt Aang. Actually, it might be able to. For the battle's sake, Riptide can cut Aang.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: I agree that it's not a one-sided fight.

I'm just saying that I think Percy will win, as holding up the sky still seems more impressive to me than anything you just said.

Jmarshmallow

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By God_of_Batman

@jmarshmallow: I've got another feat for Percy. In the House of Hades he started controlling some poison under the logic that it was MOVING like water, so he could control it. So yeah, anyone who was thinking of bring up Amon's blood bending, well, yeah. Percy can still trump it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

Aang ftw.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I think this will be an extremely close fight, but ultimately I think Aang will be the Victor. Although of this was the movie version of Percy, Aang would stomp.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The poisons contained water. He did not start controlling them by simply imagining they did. Anyways, if Percy somehow figured out what Amon was doing to him, since they're bloodlusted, Amon could have done serious damage. @God_of_Batman

@Jmarshmallow Yes, that's a pretty high end feat. However, that stregnth doesn't translate into his battles very often. If it did, he could've one-shortted countless monsters.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm giving it to Aang.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love my man Percy but I ultimately think Aang is more skilled with his bending. He can literally redirect Percy's water back at him, and he's so fast Percy shouldn't be able to hit him with Riptide

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Aang gets this and if he gets help from Amon, it's a stomp.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins this. He can keep up with Percy physically (what with his martial arts moves and air bending). In terms of raw power he eclipses Percy and he has a much larger arsenal

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Well blood contains water too.

So if he can bend poison, he can bend blood as well.

And Percy HAS one-shot monsters. It's just that he doesn't go against monsters as much as he did in the first couple of books, because he's gotten too powerful for them. Gods, demigods, and titans are his average enemies now.

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@Jmarshmallow I don't remember Percy using brute force to ever one shot a monster. It has always been with water, a weapon, or through Achilles Curse. Also, manipulating blood within the enemies blood vessels and tissues is probably harder than manipulation of poison within bottles. Although he could probably do it, a blood lusted Amon could crush his internal organs with a thought, before Percy realizes what is going on. Also, Percy's strength feats aren't terribly consistent.

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just remembered another feat for Percy. At the end of the House of Hades, when Percy was fighting on Tartarus' heart, he made a bunch of rivers burst out of some veins (all the rivers of the underworld eventually lead to Tartarus' heart). One of those rivers was the Phlegethon, a river that's made of pure fire. So yeah, Percy was manipulating pure fire under the premise that's it's a river...

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_of_batman Your saying that Percy can manipulate fire? I would beg to differ, seeing as he has been burned multiple times. The Phlethegon isn't just fire: it's essentially magical liquid fire. It doesn't have the same properties as natural fire.

Through your logic, I could also argue that an Avatar like Korra is a reality warper. Afterall, in the Spirit World (let's say spirit world=Underworld) she shaped the entire dimension through her emotions, something I doubt she could do in our world. Similarly, while in the Underworld, Percy manipulated fire as well as drank it to stay alive, something I doubt he would be able to do in our world.

Even if he CAN manipulate fire, he won't be as skilled at it as Aang or Ozai (for R2) are at it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jmarshmallow I don't remember Percy using brute force to ever one shot a monster. It has always been with water, a weapon, or through Achilles Curse. Also, manipulating blood within the enemies blood vessels and tissues is probably harder than manipulation of poison within bottles. Although he could probably do it, a blood lusted Amon could crush his internal organs with a thought, before Percy realizes what is going on. Also, Percy's strength feats aren't terribly consistent.

I severelydoubt that Amon could just crush a demigods organs. He isn't a regular human. He's a son of one of the big three.

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow And your point is? I remember him getting severely injured often, did being Poseidon's son stop that? No. He can't heal unless he's in the water, and he has never had serious internal damage inflicted upon him. All the water has healed were scrapes, cuts, burns, ect. Not imploded brain tissue.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@etheral_dreams: You ever think the reason he hasn't had internal damage from being thrashed around by gods and titans is because his organs aren't as easily damaged as humans?

And besides, water is everywhere. EOS Percy can make water come from just about anywhere.

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow It seems to me that your saying that demigods of Percy's caliber have enhanced durability. This is somewhat true, but not to the point where I would say Amon can't crush his organs or shatter his bones by manipulating bone marrow. Or that he would survive if Aang dropped a mountain or two on him.

Percy can't make water "come from anywhere". Yes, he can draw upon available water sources underground, in the air, ect. (just like waterbenders). But he can't simply make it appear.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Stormdriven
@jmarshmallow said:

@etheral_dreams said:

I severelydoubt that Amon could just crush a demigods organs. He isn't a regular human. He's a son of one of the big three.

Jmarshmallow

Just to clarify, Percy didn't control poison in bottles. He took control of poison that was already being controlled by Akhlys, the Greek goddess of grief and, well, poison. He then used the poison to choke her to the point of, defeating her, so to speak.

Edit: She also happens to be a primordial being, not just a goddess.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@jmarshmallow It seems to me that your saying that demigods of Percy's caliber have enhanced durability. This is somewhat true, but not to the point where I would say Amon can't crush his organs or shatter his bones by manipulating bone marrow. Or that he would survive if Aang dropped a mountain or two on him.

I disagree. Amon hasn't shown to do any of that, especially not to a character of Percy's caliber.

Percy can't make water "come from anywhere". Yes, he can draw upon available water sources underground, in the air, ect. (just like waterbenders). But he can't simply make it appear.

Water IS everywhere. Ergo, he can make it come from anywhere.

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow It was explicitly stated that he could, and he has broken bones before.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow It was explicitly stated that he could, and he has broken bones before.

Again, not to somebody of Percy's caliber.

Jmarshmallow

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to give this to Percy, his control of water and combat skill are more than enough to contend with the Avatar. If anything, Percy should have greater control over water, being the son of Poseidon.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Percy wins and round three is a stomp with frank and jason

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@etheral_dreams said:

@Jmarshmallow Aang has feats of destroying islands, splitting a continent, summoning winds powerful enough to push a fragment of a continent into the ocean, creating chasms around cities, levitating towns, erupting multiple volcanoes at once, causing hurricanes, spamming multi-city block busting fireballs, creating giant tornadoes, levitating multiple large building-sized structures, massive earthquakes, tsunamis, ect. I've read the whole book series multiple times. Percy's fights with Titans such as Hyperion were impressive, but I can see Aang doing them. Once again, Percy's most impressive feat thus far was him destroying Mt. St. Helens. Also Aang is also a martial arts prodigy and highly skilled h2h combatant. Also, he was only able to take on Hades due to Achilles's Curse.

Basically, I'm saying this is not a one sided fight. It should also be noted that Aang's speed feats are just as good as Percy's, such as covering several hundred miles in a fraction of a second (see episode 13: The Blue Spirit) and reacting to lightning on multiple occasions (don't say that Avatar lightning isn't as fast as real lightning; Iroh, who isn't even a particularly fast character has reacted to natural lightning but failed to do so against created lightning).

@stormdriven Hydrokinesis and combat skills won't be enough. Take into consideration Aang mastered all 36 tiers of airbending by the time he was 12. Although Percy is a skilled swordsman, Aang is a highly skilled hand to hand combatant and a martial arts prodigy.

@jmarshmallow Back to my point:Percy being the son of Poseidon does not give him enhanced durability to the point where his bones can't be shattered internally. I remember him breaking bones in the series more than once.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogueshadow  Moderator

Aang's the man.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darktiger I think your under estimating the Avatar people. What stops a bloodlusted Amon from psychically exploding their hearts?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Never to the point where he stopped fighting.

And if his bones were up to that point, he was able to manipulate water and BAM! Healed.

Jmarshmallow

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Percy's hydrokinesis has bested a primordial being. That alone can help him turn the tide, pun intended :P, of the battle. Just to add on, Percy has extremely fast reflexes, deflecting bullets in the Titan's Curse. Aang is no where near that speed. Percy is also much stronger and bigger than Aang physically. Aang may have the hand to hand skills, but Percy overall is a superior fighter. Also, you're overestimating Aang. Percy is much more willing to kill enemies than Aang is. Even morals on, Percy would have no qualms in using more devastating attacks, albeit nonlethal, than Aang. Percy is also a much better strategist than Aang, having better combat experience and fighting more dangerous opponents, escalating to where he fights gods, titans, giants, and primordial beings.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven I have to disagree with you. A past Avatar's bending helped him defeat the immortal embodiment of chaos. That's easily on par with what Percy did. Like Percy, Aang's elemental powers are supernatural in origin: he's the Earth incarnate, a human being fused with the primordial, immortal, ethereal entity that embodies light, life, order, ect. Yes, Percy did dodge bullets from a pistol. Assuming that they were standard (albeit Celestial Bronze) 9mm pistol bullets, they were moving at 800-900 mph. Aang has reacted to lightning which moves at 224,000 mph, point blank. Don't try to say that created lightning isn't as fast as natural lightning because Iroh (who is hundreds of times slower than Aang) has reacted to natural lightning but almost failed to do so against bender created lightning from Azula. Aang has reacted to Ozai's lightning which is ridiculously faster than Azula's. In addition to that, in The Blue Spirit, he travels hundreds of miles from Taku to a remote institute in the mountains in a fraction of a second. Also, if Aang's own body is not physically strong enough to deal with Percy, he can always shapeshift into one of his previous past lives such as Kyoshi or Roku. If he changes into one of them, he will no longer have his qualms about killing. I don't even think that would be necessary, because Aang can augment his strength with air pressure, making a gentle tap powerful enough to blast a large, muscular man hundreds of meters backwards through dozens of giant rock rock formations. About combat experience and battle strategy, Aang has 10,000 years plus worth of battle experience because he can access the knowledge and abilities of all other Avatars (possibly even those to come) as well as communicate with spirits.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just looked up Amon and WOW that guy is pretty freekin' powerful but how does he take bending away

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Aang would have to enter the Avatar State to achieve anything his previous incarnations were capable of doing. That isn't going to happen in round 1. And it doesn't matter what kind of lightning Aang dodged, Percy has done the same. By the way, it was most definitely NOT point blank. That is false. And what makes Ozai's lightning faster than Azula's? I'm pretty sure that lightning travels at the same speed, regardless of the bender. Aang's travel speed is a moot point, as it doesn't translate into combat speed. Aang doesn't shapeshift into the previous Avatars, he simply channels their spirits. Aang communicating with future Avatars is not possible. Percy is more than capable of dealing with Aang's air blasts, since he is much faster reflex wise.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven It has explicitly been stated that Ozai's lightning is far faster than any other benders, by characters in the series and the creators. And lightning does not always travel at the same speed; it usually moves at Mach 294, however depending on the air conditions or the origin of the bolt, it can move much faster. Also, Percy isn't faster than Aang. They should be roughly equal, with Aang being slightly faster. Also, Aang can shapeshift into previous Avatars, see episodes 25 and 8. It should be noted that he didn't even have to enter the Avatar State to transform into Kyoshi.

You still have yet to explain how Percy is going to stop AS Aang from dropping mountains on him or spamming city-busting fireballs.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Ozai's lightning is not faster than any of the others. It is his ability to generate it faster than the others. Aang is not faster than Percy in terms of reflexes. He has above average combat speed, while Percy has stalemated gods and titans, as well as beating multiple combatants at once. Again, Aang does not shapeshift into the previous Avatar incarnations, he simply channels their spirits and takes on the appearance. Shapeshifting implies that Aang's body would undergo a physical change, which isn't the case. Since I assume you're talking about round 2, the battle takes place in the Amazonia Basin which, as the name implies, is a basin, there are no immediate mountains for Aang to use. And dealing with fireballs? Percy simply uses the Amazon River, the second largest river in the world. More than enough to take care of the fireballs.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven His body does undergo a physical change. For example he gets taller, his skin changes, hair color, ect. All of those things are physical changes. He also gets their abilities. Also, I said the Amazon Rainforest, which has mountain ranges. Aang's fireballs are more than capable of vaporizing large bodies of water. And no, Percy IS NOT faster than Aang. His best speed feat was dodging lightning. That is just one of Aang's. And him fighting Titans and Gods does not necessarily translate into a speed advantage. That would imply that ALL the gods, monsters, and titans are ridiculously fast which isn't the case.

Anyways, I think Aang's airbending would be the most troublesome for Percy. Air superiority is a huge advantage. A bloodlusted Aang would try cut Percy in half with a cleaving wind from the get go. If he dodges, Aang flies up into the atmosphere and spams tornadoes and city-busting fireballs. If that doesn't work he could always split the Amazon away from the continent and throw up into the atmosphere. If that doesn't work Aang could open a chasm into the Earth's mantle, ect. The sheer scale, versatility and number of Aang's attacks would overwhelm Percy.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: *Sigh* Aang does not undergo a physical change. It is the spirit of a past Avatar. Their spirits manifest themselves in Aang. It's like a hologram, so to speak. It covers him, but Aang does not go through the actual physical change. And of course he gets their abilities, he's the Avatar. They were all Avatars. Aang's fireballs, nor the fireballs of any other bender have been shown to vaporize water. The closest mountain range is the Andes, which are on the western coast. The Amazon rainforest is a basin, so like I said, there are no nearby mountains for Aang to use. And Aang has no combat speed feats in terms of hand to hand combat, so he is clearly outclassed by Percy. And being able to fight gods and titans actually does translate into a speed advantage, since they are superior to any mortal in all physical aspects, including combat speed. And I wasn't implying that all gods, monsters, and titans are ridiculously fast. Just faster than any opponent Aang has faced.

Honestly, this entire fight seems to be put in Aang's favor, especially giving him the Avatar State, as well as Sozin's comet in the second battle. In a straight up fight, morals on or off, Percy would win sans Avatar State. I would call spite on this. And it's pointless to make a battle with a victor in mind, then give them a bunch of advantages.