• 167 results
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Edited By frozen  Moderator

Poll Starkiller vs SoD Maul (Legends) (87 votes)

Starkiller 57%
Maul 43%

Starkiller

No Caption Provided

Maul (SoD)

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Legends
  • Prime versions
  • Start 15 apart
  • Takes place outside destroyed jedi temple
  • Both armed
  • Win by incap, KO or death

Rounds

• Round 1 = All out
  • Round 2 = Sabers
  • Round 3 = Force only

LFL policy

• Seen as though the pre Disney acquisition LFL hierarchy system (G canon, C canon etc) is no longer compulsory, it will not apply here. Therefore, G canon will not have supremacy. Although Lucas is still a filmmaker so his WoG can apply when it pertains to his own films, but not the wider verse
  • In Legends, sources can be weighed equally but given that CV is a feats oriented website, it can be assumed that people will debate on who has the better feats. That said, scaling chains, in universe logic/intent and accolades can still counter balance
  • In case it isn't obvious, content such as lego SW, alternate endings/DLC, crossovers with other universes etc aren't allowed
 • 
Avatar image for redsithdisciple
RedSithDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SOD Maul isn't much stronger than S5 Maul, who got sweeped by TCW Sidious in a 1v2, while Starkiller nearly equaled TFU Sidious in a considerably weakened state.

Starkiller = TFU Sidious > TCW Sidious >> SOD Maul

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul ragdolls him. He has far better feats and scaling.

Avatar image for poedameronsbutt
Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul’s the better duelist via experience and scaling to other Sith Lords but SK’s power in the force dwarfs even Tyranus and Windu’s so arguably Maul would probably get demolished within a few minutes.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#154  Edited By Supreme101

This poll should not be close SK ragdolls😂 what does Maul have on:

• Pulling down and splitting a SD in half
  • Overpowering hyperspace engines
  • Frying a Planet wide mind core to slag
  • Beating Vader and matching Sidious in TFU1

Saying Maul wins is fanboy cope

SeventhMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galen upon achieving true balance in the Light and Dark no-diffed Vader and matched Sidious in the novel, then surpassed him with Oneness, only failing to kill him because he had to direct his final attack behind him mostly to kill the stormtroopers about to gun down the fleeing rebel leaders.

And in the game, Galen is depicted as defeating Sidious through superior skill, combined with relative power, with the final Oneness clash being the same as in the novel.

Galen fries Maul with lightning instantly. Doesn't even need to draw his saber.

I have an entire thread debunking the notion that Galen in the novel is somehow less impressive than in the game > here. <

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Eredin12  Online
@poedameronsbutt said:

Maul’s the better duelist via experience and scaling to other Sith Lords but SK’s power in the force dwarfs even Tyranus and Windu’s so arguably Maul would probably get demolished within a few minutes.

Starkiller has dueling scaling to Vader who is noted to be a better duelist than even Sidious, but given the ridiculous gap between two in terms of power/stats that Supreme and SeventhMoon already mentioned, it does not even matter in all honesty. Galen just vaporizes him with a blast of lightning or tears him in half with TK in the first second of the fight.

SeventhMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: Starkiller has dueling scaling to Vader who is noted to be a better duelist than even Sidious

Where is this? That'd be a good statement for Vader.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller flattens Maul, better everything.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Eredin12  Online

@eredin12: Starkiller has dueling scaling to Vader who is noted to be a better duelist than even Sidious

Where is this? That'd be a good statement for Vader.

Here it is:

Darth Vader is the preeminent lightsaber master in the galaxy, now that Obi-Wan Kenobi has been destroyed.”

- Star Wars Lightsaber Dueling Pack - Darth Vader.

You fight with Vader, but there is no way that you can beat him. He is second only to the Emperor in power. As a warrior, he is second to none. You have no chance.

-Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: Decide Your Destiny

SeventhMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By SeventhMoon

@eredin12: Hm... isn't that the non-canon choose your own adventure book for RoTJ? I had that as a kid. Think that was the name of it.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@seventhmoon: I did not hear anything about it being non-canon(to Legends that is), but in any case, the first one should do as well.

Avatar image for redsithdisciple
RedSithDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starkiller flattens Maul, better everything.

Avatar image for pedrolopesmateus
PedroLopesMateus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@seventhmoon: @eredin12: I agree with you both on Galen stomping. I'd just like to add SoD shouldn't be considered Legends. It is a sequel to TCW which retconned most of the CWMMP, including the 1998 comics where it is confirmed Maul died in TPM.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@pedrolopesmateus: Yea Wolf has often argued about TCW not fitting as well , but that said Martin did call SoD itself canon to Legends, but as you said whatever case Maul still gets stomped here.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Wolfrazer

@eredin12: It's in their by a technicality as is TCW, but they aren't involved with the entirety of the CWMMP. It's basically just another timeline, if you really want to have it in Legends...for whatever reason. But it's pretty pointless to do so, since Canon has brought them over into Current SW Canon where it actually fits, so there's no reason.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Eredin12  Online

@wolfrazer: Yea fair and honestly as we agree it does not matter either at the end of the day for this fight.

Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:
@poedameronsbutt said:

Starkiller has dueling scaling to Vader who is noted to be a better duelist than even Sidious, but given the ridiculous gap between two in terms of power/stats that Supreme and SeventhMoon already mentioned, it does not even matter in all honesty. Galen just vaporizes him with a blast of lightning or tears him in half with TK in the first second of the fight.

The fights with Vader are all filled with issues and context plus that would mean Starkiller in dueling > Tyranus, Legends Grievous, Mace, ROTS Sidious, Y

Yeah No, No amount of Scaling or Quotes will convince me of this. Sorry. But Yeah this doesn’t matter at all Starkiller one Shots with a Force blast.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@poedameronsbutt:

The fights with Vader are all filled with issues and context

The context for second was that SK was heavily exhausted before fighting Vader to point of barely being able to stand and first had none in that sense.

plus that would mean Starkiller in dueling > Tyranus, Legends Grievous, Mace, ROTS Sidious, YYeah No, No amount of Scaling or Quotes will convince me of this.

I am not seeing problem with that? He is meant to be top tier in verse and he matched Vader in duel even when weakened who is better than them. But in any case, Starkilelr would just one shot yea.

Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@poedameronsbutt:

The fights with Vader are all filled with issues and context

The context for second was that SK was heavily exhausted before fighting Vader to point of barely being able to stand and first had none in that sense.

plus that would mean Starkiller in dueling > Tyranus, Legends Grievous, Mace, ROTS Sidious, YYeah No, No amount of Scaling or Quotes will convince me of this.

I am not seeing problem with that? He is meant to be top tier in verse and he matched Vader in duel even when weakened who is better than them. But in any case, Starkilelr would just one shot yea.

They both have factors.

But I will say him being a better Duelist than people who’ve specialized or trained their entire life is Ridiculous and completely unbelievable. While Vader is leagues above Tyranus in the Force, Rage, And Pure strength they are very close in dueling accolades and technique. One can even say Dooku has an advantage in that area via his Feats and his specialization in Makashi (I Know Vader ended up implenting Makashi in his style too but Dooku was THE master of Blade work and that form specifically) Then you have Grievous who’s Brain literally copies styles and was trained by the best of the best at the time. Windu who was a duelist on par with Grandmaster Yoda and Anakin Skywalker and of whom was so good made his own Style. Then SK appears and Slaughterstomps all of them in Dueling because he beat Vader in controversial fights and is a prodigy??? Uhh. This is either Bad writing or hard to believe. I also don’t believe just because you can beat A doesn’t mean you can beat C. Like someone can Stomp Dooku but lose to Windu and I’d believe That. So I could definitely see SK losing to Tyranus or Legends Grievous in a straight duel. It’s just his Force powers that are the issue and he’s just so damn Strong in that area.

SeventhMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By SeventhMoon

@poedameronsbutt: But I will say him being a better Duelist than people who’ve specialized or trained their entire life is Ridiculous and completely unbelievable.

What the hell? You know Galen trained his entire life too, right? And at an earlier age than Anakin at that. Hell, he was trained BY him.

Meanwhile, Anakin had to spend a good portion of his years relearning how to fight in a new manner to better fit his suit as Vader.

Despite this, their dueling capabilities and power levels were equal in TFU1, before Galen achieved his fully balanced state and no-diffed him.

Yes, Galen folds Yoda, RoTS Sidious, etc., considering he blatantly rivaled TFU Sidious and defeated him via skill in the games. He was trained his entire life, was a prodigy, was born of two Jedi, which probably factors into his potential; and had views on the Force that transcended the Jedi and Sith of the time that allowed him to achieve true balance, which massively increases your power.

Edit: In terms of dueling though, I simply put him above them, not far above them.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Eredin12  Online

@poedameronsbutt: As SeventhMoon said, Galen trained his entire life too. So did Vader. And while I do hold Vader as better duelist than those, I enver said Galen would stomp Yoda in duel lol. Reason Galen would not have issues with Yoda overall, is his force power. Fact that he has scaling to a much stronger version of Sidious than one Yoda does. I just wanted to say that Galen is not really weaker duelist than Maul either.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pedrolopesmateus said:

@seventhmoon: @eredin12: I agree with you both on Galen stomping. I'd just like to add SoD shouldn't be considered Legends. It is a sequel to TCW which retconned most of the CWMMP, including the 1998 comics where it is confirmed Maul died in TPM.

@eredin12: It's in their by a technicality as is TCW, but they aren't involved with the entirety of the CWMMP. It's basically just another timeline, if you really want to have it in Legends...for whatever reason. But it's pretty pointless to do so, since Canon has brought them over into Current SW Canon where it actually fits, so there's no reason.

Well, Legends is kinda segmented. A lot of distinct material formed around Star Wars: The Clone Wars in the same way the Clone Wars Multi-Media Project formed around the prequel trilogy, but not with it. You could count the novels, comics, games, and so forth of that era also Legends, but not quite the same as what came before. In this case, Son of Dathomir was based in a very general sense off of television scripts, but Jeremy Barlow is a Legends writer, and it was all filtered through an EU lense. It's much more akin to Death Sentence or Shadow Conspiracy. You can count that era of -- and take on -- the EU separate from, you know, Shadow Hunter, Episode I Journal, Jedi Apprentice, Resurrection, and so on, but The Force Unleashed would also fall into that category.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Sidious' apprentice vs Darth Vader's apprentice is a spectacular matchup any way you slice it. Both warriors are competing at the top tier, and are generally considered rivals of Lord Vader. Starkiller would have the advantage in that his showdown with Lord Sidious is more of a struggle than Darth Maul's own bout with his former mentor, but you never know. I'd favour Starkiller for a majority of rounds, but it'd be intense.

Kosmos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galen marek solos the verse

Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Poedameronsbutt

@eredin12: @seventhmoon:

Well I mean to be fair the difference between Galen Mareks training and the experience or training of a 800 year old Yoda or 70 year old Tyranus would have is quite the gap. I don’t think Galen losing to let’s say.. HR Yoda in a Duel would surprise anyone as he’s never faced someone who fights like him or with that type of stature and speed within that manner. He doesn’t have nearly the same amount of experience, knowledge, or combat techniques that Yoda may possess. He was the GM for a reason. and Tyranus was a beast within himself in dueling and we all know that.

In terms of force power tho? Galen absolutely eclipses Yoda and everyone mentioned. Yoda has a few defenses up his sleeve with Tutaminis and the magnitude of defense capabilities he possesses but it’s just simply not enough and if Sidious couldn’t instantly kill him in a Force Battle Yoda is getting stomped. I fully agree with the both of you in that I was just bringing up dueling but it’s honestly just my opinion. Galen wins.

My only question for the two of you is Who do you believe can Beat Galen in a Duel? Cause if he’s above Windu, Tyranus, TCW Maul, ROTS Sidious, Yoda, TFU Vader, ROTS Anakin, Legends grievous. Where does like he end? I just wanna know y’all’s opinion does he solo the verse in dueling alone? He’s above like eras already.

SeventhMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By SeventhMoon

@poedameronsbutt: HR Yoda

What is HR Yoda? I've never heard of that before.

He doesn’t have nearly the same amount of experience, knowledge, or combat techniques that Yoda may possess.

Don't agree with that fully. Most of Yoda's life was spent in piece, with his knowledge being crippled by being bound to the dogmatic Jedi code and Light Side of the Force. Remember that age isn't everything. RoTS Sidious is far younger than him, yet rivaled him.

My only question for the two of you is Who do you believe can Beat Galen in a Duel?

Maybe Prime RoTJ Vader if he got noticeably better at dueling, though he would lose to Galen from an overall perspective regardless when counting Force powers.

DE Luke and onward. He already was somewhat relative to Vader in skill in RoTJ, but probably a bit inferior. But DE is much later and Luke that could defeat the strongest and most skilled variant of Sidious in a duel. He should be above Galen via dueling and above him from an overall perspective period.

Maybe older Sith and Jedi could defeat him in dueling. Depends. IIRC, Exar Kun didn't seem to be amazed by Post-DE Luke's saber skills and was just minorly impressed, implying Old Republic Jedi may have had very high dueling skill, with the ones during the time of Marka Ragnos being stated by Kreia to make those in Kun's time look like children in comparison.

Not saying Exar Kun is above Luke as a whole btw, but he may be equal or above in dueling alone at that time.

Could be/probably are more, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seventhmoon: HR= High Republic, it's a Disney SW thing, completely irrelevant here.

Poedameronsbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Poedameronsbutt
@seventhmoon said:

@poedameronsbutt: HR Yoda

What is HR Yoda? I've never heard of that before.

He doesn’t have nearly the same amount of experience, knowledge, or combat techniques that Yoda may possess.

Don't agree with that fully. Most of Yoda's life was spent in piece, with his knowledge being crippled by being bound to the dogmatic Jedi code and Light Side of the Force. Remember that age isn't everything. RoTS Sidious is far younger than him, yet rivaled him.

My only question for the two of you is Who do you believe can Beat Galen in a Duel?

Maybe Prime RoTJ Vader if he got noticeably better at dueling, though he would lose to Galen from an overall perspective regardless when counting Force powers.

DE Luke and onward. He already was somewhat relative to Vader in skill in RoTJ, but probably a bit inferior. But DE is much later and Luke that could defeat the strongest and most skilled variant of Sidious in a duel. He should be above Galen via dueling and above him from an overall perspective period.

Maybe older Sith and Jedi could defeat him in dueling. Depends. IIRC, Exar Kun didn't seem to be amazed by Post-DE Luke's saber skills and was just minorly impressed, implying Old Republic Jedi may have had very high dueling skill, with the ones during the time of Marka Ragnos being stated by Kreia to make those in Kun's time look like children in comparison.

Not saying Exar Kun is above Luke as a whole btw, but he may be equal or above in dueling alone at that time.

Could be/probably are more, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

High republic Yoda. The only reason I brought him up is because ROTS Yoda was suffering from Fatigue and I think that’d be a massive issue while fighting someone Younger like Starkiller so I was just bringing up a younger version of him. Nothing more to it. Just using an example of a hypothetical scenario with a Younger Yoda.

I honestly think it’s far more impressive that Yoda spent a majority of his life within a peaceful time but can still Rival the greats and argueably better than everyone in his era in terms of dueling I think that speaks to his skill far more than SK‘s training. ROTS Sidious rivaled him after being amped by the Dark energies of the events going on within the universe and being trained by Darth plagueis. while Yoda was arguably getting weaker via his Age and Body. Plus Definitely wasn’t amped by any means except for maybe Drive. I don’t think that means anything for a fight between Galen and Yoda. Sidious lost the saber Duel anyway and definitely would’ve performed worse had it been different circumstances. Meanwhile a Fight between Yoda and SK would just be any other VS Duel.

And interesting. Yeah Definitely any Luke following ROTJ pretty much auto wins and Exar Kun is a good choice. Maybe vitiate.