Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Fourth Comicvine Holy Grail War: Operatio Aylesbury

No Caption Provided

Basics:

Locations:

Locations in the scenario itself will be extremely variable, and up to the participant. Since the two groups of servants are likely being summoned in different places, there's no real point to bringing that up. However, the bulk of the scenario will take place in this corner of England, to the North-West of London and centered around the town of Aylesbury:

No Caption Provided

Advancement Time:

Each twenty-four hour period will be split into six separate four hour advancements:

1. T-One: 0000-0359
  2. T-Two: 0400-0759
  3. T-Three: 0800-1159
  4. T-Four: 1200-1559
  5. T-Five: 1600-1959
  6. T-Six: 2000-2359

In general each advancement will take a week but can take longer in some situations. (If there are multiple encounters going on)

Actions:

Servants can accomplish much in just four hours, Armies can be built, territories can be established or grown, items can be created, and battles can be fought. There is no limit to the number of actions which can be undergone within a specific advancement, but the minimum is one unless your course of action is already known to me. Advancements do not need to be posted on the main thread unless I specifically require it, and you'll be informed when you make the action whether it needs to be posted on the main thread.

Any skill that references "with time" requires a full action to accomplish.

Damage (Servants):

Servants' mana circulation is damaged more than their physical bodies, making it more dangerous for them to use their abilities, the physical appearance of Servant injuries is the same as a normal human's injuries:

Level 1, Superficial: No true effect

Level 2, Minor: minor damage to the mana circuit, Increases mana costs by 10%

Level 3, Moderate: damage that inhibits the circulation of mana, Increases mana costs by 25%

Level 4, Severe: Serious damage to the circulation of mana, Increases mana costs by 50%

Level 5, Critical: Massive damage to the mana circuit, cannot be easily healed increases mana costs by 100%

Level 6, Fatal: Catastrophic, irreversible damage to the mana circuit, spending mana depletes all current mana

Battles: The Phase System

Battles in a Grail War do not need to always go to the death, having the full extent of any drawn out fight decided in a single debate also makes properly judging the mana spent impossible. To combat both of these the scenario will attempt to implement a phase system, where any combat encounter between two parties will be split into several phases. This allows for concrete judging of mana spent and damage taken at each phase of a fight, as well as giving participants the opportunity to change their strategies mid fight the way a character might based on events that have “already happened” instead of just debating under the assumption that you have to consider and argue for every single possible outcome. As an example we will consider three encounters between a Saber and Lancer which would be split into the following phases, with voting occurring after each phase.

Encounter #1: Lancer ambushes Saber

Phase #1: Lancer attacks Saber with his Noble Phantasm, Saber argues he can sense Lancer and activates his Noble Phantasm to counter.

Outcome: Saber successfully senses Lancer, both activate their Noble Phantasms and neither takes any damage

Phase #2: Saber flees, Lancer allows him to do so

Encounter Result: No Damage to either combatant, both spent a use of their Noble Phantasms

Encounter #2: Saber saves his Master from Lancer

Phase #1: Lancer attacks Saber's Master, Saber argues he can intercept and stop Lancer. Lancer wants to draw Saber out so he agrees.

Outcome: Saber and Lancer are in melee with one another

Phase #2: Lancer uses an item to disorient Saber, Saber counters with using Mana Burst to blow away Lancer. Lancer uses Shapeshift to counter.

Outcome: Saber and Lancer are still in melee, Lancer sustains minor damage (physical) and uses Shapeshift, Saber sustains moderate damage (mental) and uses Mana Burst.

Phase #3: Lancer retreats due to succeeding in disorienting Saber, Saber allows him to do so as he's succeeded in his goal of protecting his master

Encounter Result: Minor damage to Lancer, Moderate damage (mental) to Saber

Encounter #3: Final Battle between Lancer and Saber

Phase #1: Saber and Lancer both use their Noble Phantasms and attack.

Outcome: The Noble Phantasms are perfectly matched, both take moderate damage

And the battle continues...

Encounter Result: Saber sustains critical damage spending mana on his Noble Phantasm, Mana Burst, and Noble Phantasm again, Lancer dies.

This method for battles was extremely successful in the previous iteration of this scenario, where it was new to every participant as well as myself. Now there is more understanding on both sides around the format and it continues to show its advantages over the standard battle format. There have been slight changes to the format from last time, with the inclusion of a narrative recap of the phase in addition to the standard results.

Format: Two Kinds of All-Star Servants

This scenario will have every participant create an all-star servant build (one of the strongest servants present in the Throne of Heroes), all master builds will be NPCs controlled by me. However, the all-star servants will be split into two separate groups, which you will specify when signing up, those being "true" and "false" servants. These denominations do not have an affect on the strength of the build, both true and false servants will be choosing from the same pool of classes, the same pool of skills/noble phantasms, and have access to the same initial number of build points. The only differences are that the true servants will be summoned first (Advancement Zero) while the false servants will be summoned 1-3 advancements later (depending on events in the scenario). The second is in relation to what comprises the identity of an "all-star" servant. There's no fast or easy way to define this, but one thing I've found helps is taking an identity you're thinking about and asking yourself these questions and if any is a no, consider what special circumstance is different for this specific identity:

• Is their story at least 600 years old?
  • Are they a key figure in the history of their region?
  • Is there something about the figure a random individual might recognize?
  • Is there a reason for this figure to be summoned and be in the same ballpark in strength as figures like Achilles, Alexander the Great, Lancelot, Zoroaster, Arjuna, or Beowulf?

That last question is the most important obviously, if you can't answer yes to that, I strongly suggest reconsidering the identity. Now there are a few more questions you should ask about a "true" servant identity as those are specifically being selected by the grail for a few other characteristics. Those questions are as follows:

• Is this figure a hero?
  • Does this figure have a vested interest in the continued life, liberty, and happiness of humanity?
  • When this figure is confronted by danger and a threat to either themselves or others, do they choose to stand up and fight for what they believe is right?
  • Does this figure have experience with the unnatural and inhuman side of the world?

These differences in personality and legend are the second difference between true and false servants. It can be simplified even further by saying that False Servants are strong servants, but True Servants are strong heroes.

Mana:

Mana is the magical energy that allows servants to both exist in this world, utilize their abilities of legend, and what powers all forms of magecraft. There are extensively detailed values for almost anything imaginable that can be found in the table section of the in-depth clarifications, but the vast majority of the time the only required knowledge will be what's contained in this section.

Servants are inherently tied to mana, requiring its use both as a constant cost to maintain their connection to the world, and a variable cost based on the skills/magecraft/noble phantasms which you elect to use at any given time. If a servant falls to 0 mana they are not desummoned from the world, not until the connection cost would push them into negative mana are they despawned.

The constant costs for servant upkeep are as follows:

ClassesWith Contract (per day)Without Contract (per day)
Saber, Gatekeeper, Saver, Beserker200 Mana1000 Mana
Lancer, Archer, Avenger, Shielder150 Mana750 Mana
Rider, Pretender, Foreigner100 Mana500 Mana
Caster, Assassin50 Mana250 Mana

This cost is paid continuously, it is not a flat deduction of X mana every three advancements, it's something that you will need to keep track of to avoid fading away prematurely. Every advancement I will provide an update on each servant's current mana status to them and only them.

Alternative Mana Restoration Methods:

Outside of the mana restoration ritual there are alternative ways for Servants to access mana. One is to connect to a Ley Line, if one can be found, and draw mana from that directly. This process requires at least E ranked Magecraft to undergo. A faster method is to kill another living being and take their mana from them directly, this occurs instantly upon their death. However, you must be present to collect the mana, and you must have the intention to kill with for the purpose of regaining mana.

Victory Conditions:

These vary wildly, they may be revealed over the course of the scenario, or they may be revealed at the very end. Generally living is a good thing to strive for :)

Helpful Links

Sign-Up Thread (and In-Depth Clarifications)

Skill Mana Costs

Noble Phantasm Mana Costs

Magecraft Mana Costs

Magecraft Chant Times

Material Cost Table

Mana restored (Ley Line)

Mana restored (Living Things)

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vatican City: November 17th, 2020 - 0401

No Caption Provided

Two groups of individuals stand together in an underground room, staring expectantly at the seven meticulously laid summoning circles, arranged in a heptagonal pattern around the unmoving homunculus. The first group stands ramrod straight, unmoving, almost unbreathing in a line behind their director. Even the petulant Kiara Kisshouin and rambunctious Andrei Godbivouac are complicity standing still without a word of insubordination. The second group is far more casual, the cardinals murmur amongst themselves, making small talk as they wait for the ritual to begin.

"It should be time soon."

"Can we not postpone until dawn?"

"Tell me again why we can't use catalysts?"

"According to our information the ritual will begin at sundown, waiting this late is already pushing it."

The questioning ends as the Director of the Burial Agency speaks up.

"Catalysts draw too much attention, if we had gone for just one and concealed as well as we could it through the usual channels, our opponents would be well aware someone was looking to summon servants. It would completely remove whatever small surprise factor we possess. They know we're coming, and will be prepared, why give them more information. I trust my people, as should you all."

There are no objections to her speech as each of the cardinals continue to stare expectantly towards the homunculus, their patience clearly starting to grow thin.

"It's late, are you sure this will work Director Narbareck?"

"Yes."

Minutes pass, Cardinal Granfatima fidgets expectantly and speaks in hushes tones with Cardinal Mathesius, before finally the homunculus opens its eyes.

"It is time."

The first of the Cardinals steps forwards, his milky white eyes staring forwards, tears streaming down his cheeks as he begins to chant.

Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill.

Let each be turned over five times, simply breaking asunder the fulfilled time.

Let silver and steel be the essence.

Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.

Let my great master Yumina be the ancestor.

Raise a wall, against the wind that shall fall.

Close the four cardinal gates.

Come out from the crown.

Rotate the three-branched road reaching the Kingdom.

– I shall declare here. Your body shall serve under me.

My fate shall be with your sword.

Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.

If you will submit to this will and this reason…… then answer!

– An oath shall be sworn here!

I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven.

I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell!

– From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, Protector of the Balance!

With a blinding flash of light the circles activate, and a being stands before Cardinal Strinati:

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vatican City: November 17th, 2020 - 0404

The Homunculus gestures to the second circle.

"It is time to continue."

Another one of the Cardinals steps forwards, an uncharacteristically wide grin on his usually expressionless face. A sound is heard from the previously silent members of the Burial Agency, a barely perceptible girlish giggle from the third in line. Any such sound is quickly covered up by a glare from the Director.

He calmly begins to chant.

Come out from the crown.

– From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power, come forth from the ring of restraint, Protector of the Balance!

Similar to the first, a brilliant flash of light erupts from the circle, and a figure stands before Cardinal Granfatima:

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vatican City: November 17th, 2020 - 0405

The Homunculus stirs once again, gesturing to the third circle as another cardinal steps forth, a small smile on his lips.

"We are supposed to get strong servants eventually are we not?"

"We were supposed to get strong masters as well. Unfortunate."

Ignoring the director's response he begins to chant.

Come out from the crown.

A brilliant flash of light erupts from the circle and a servant stands before Cardinal Mathesius:

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vatican City: November 17th, 2020 - 0407

"I am ready for you."

The Homunculus motions to the fourth circle as the final cardinal steps forward, his grim expression looking out place on his youthful face.

"I truly do hope this all goes according to plan Director Narbareck, remember that."

Before the Director can even respond, he begins his chant.

Come out from the crown.

Another brilliant flash of light and a fourth servant stands before Cardinal Laurentis:

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Naronu

Vatican City: November 17th, 2020 - 0413

Finally the homunculus moves again, gesturing towards the Burial Agents and the fifth circle.

"I'm ready."

"Understood."

The girl marches forward resolutely, steely blue eyes focused entirely on the summoning circle in front of her as she begins to chant:

Come out from the crown.

With the same brilliant flash of light as before, the fifth servant is summoned in front of Ciel:

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vatican City: November 17th, 2020 - 0415

The homunculus has not even begun to move when the next girl steps forward, her soft voice breaking the silence.

"You're ready now, aren't you Sieg?"

"Yes."

The homunculus doesn't even gesture to the sixth circle as the girl moves to stand in front of it and begins to chant:

Come out from the crown.

Light flashes, and the sixth servant stands before Jeanne Dawn:

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vatican City: November 17th, 2020 - 0418

"I'll start now."

"I'm ready for you."

The Director steps forward to the final summoning circle, before turning her gaze across the six already summoned servants. She seems to be pondering something as she begins to chant:

Come out from the crown.

The light flashes, and the collected members of the Burial Agency gaze expectantly at the summoning circle. However, when the light clears, it is empty and dull, there is no servant to be found.

"Was the servant summoned Sieg?"

"Yes. Undoubtedly, I'm certain of that. Attempting to track down any possible energy signatures."

"We don't have the time to waste, ignore that and focus on your directives"

The director wheels on the six summoned servants and masters, a sadistic smile growing across her face.

"I'm going to tentatively call this a success. But the six of you are going to need to do the work of seven to make up for your useless compatriot. Now. A more thorough explanation is in order."

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On behalf of the GOAT himself, @deathhero61

A grand light appeared, unlike the light produced with other servants, this light was far more radiant and shone as brightly as the sun. Those not easily blinded could swear they saw a silhouette of a giant woman in armor for a split second, but before they could continue pondering its shape, In its place the light viciously transformed into flames only to dissipate just as quickly. A cloud of smoke appears in the general area, and the servant know as Saber walks out the cloud, with an annoyed look on his face. As he walks out, one could see his shadow moving as it reshapes and then explodes into a puff of feathers and a small bird landed on his shoulder. "Tch, you're here too, feather brain?" As he was having this thought he suddenly got a sharp headache as a wave of knowledge was crammed into his brain, knowledge of technological advancements, architecture, history, and most importantly the state of Japan, was all slammed into his head instantly. To say it caught him off guard would be an understatement. The final bit of information bestowed to him in that single second was The Holy Grail War. Saber collects himself, and before even taking a solitary look at his would be master, observes the Vatican walls, and architecture, and the beauty of it all, quietly appreciating it. This takes about a minute or two, but given the circumstances feels suffocatingly long. When Saber is satisfied, while his back is still turned simply takes a small look over his shoulder to see his master. As he grasps the concept that he's been summoned, he simply says.

No Caption Provided

"Are you the one who's summoned me?" As he says that his energy swirls intensely as if testing the resolve of the person he is supposed to serve.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Arrival:

The figure standing before Cardinal Strinati exuded a divine presence, both vaguely overpowering and comforting at once. Almost immediately, the comfort of the figure's presence came to the forefront, any semblance of pressure ceased, and the figure looked at the man before him, blinking a few times before glancing around. His impassive face quickly turned into a wide grin, his eyes seeming to sparkle with delight as he took in the situation. That sparkle dies down a little at the words of his daughter, the one clearly in command of this situation, but a little. The happiness he is feeling cannot be overpowered so easily. After she finishes speaking, his gaze rests once more on his master.

"You are the one that called me, child? The one to be my master?" When he spoke, his voice carried a naturally regal tone, but the words were clearly mismatched with the joyous expression he wore. He took three steps forward, laying a hand on his summoner's shoulder.

"Well done, my child! To bring me forth like this, you should be as proud of yourself as I am of you." He clears his throat. "But I'm getting ahead of myself." He takes a step back. "Lancer class servant, Manco Capac. Thank you for bringing me into this world once again, my child, my children," he says, looking to the rest, whether they are paying attention or not. "This alone has granted me my dearest wish."

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunrise

No Caption Provided

Gatekeeper emerged from the brilliant light that summoned him, knowledge from the grail of the modern era already sitting in his mind, and turned to greet his master. But before he could say a word, others spoke.

"I am ready for you."

The Homunculus motions to the fourth circle as the final cardinal steps forward, his grim expression looking out place on his youthful face.

"I truly do hope this all goes according to plan Director Narbareck, remember that."

Before the Director can even respond, he begins his chant.

The unfamiliar man began what they could only assume was a chant to summon another servant, and looking around they could see two others in anachronistic dress looking similarly confused. They opened their mouth to speak but hesitated before a sound came out.

This is unusual. Perhaps... I should just wait for a moment.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61

No Caption Provided

"Why yes, I am indeed your master. My name is Cardinal Noi Seonator Granfatima, it's nice to meet you and I hope we will have a productive effort in this operation."

The priest seems unbothered by the swelling energy as he flatly introduces himself.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sy8000

Crackling

The air around the summoning circle becomes still, as if the calm before a storm. Then, it is no longer the calm. A crack of light appears in the air, as if an opening. Red streaks of lightning arc from the light, filling the summoning circle with a scarlet hue. But the lightning touches nothing but the air, skirting around anything solid by inches. The lightning dances at a growing pace. If it danced a moment longer it would have been a cause for concern, but the lightning quickly reaches crescendo before stopping. The streaks all grow wider, as if they were a crack someone was prying open. They grow wide enough for a fist to fit through, before the crack of light at the enter explodes, filling the circle with a flash of light.

When the light fades, a man can be seen standing inside the circle. More noticeable than his figure is the dark cloak covering it, and his weapons. He holds a long-shafted sickle in his right hand, and his left arm lais at rest, an ornate shield strapped to it.

No Caption Provided

His eyes open, and he looks the girl in front of him in the eyes.

"Hello, are you my master?"

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter:

No Caption Provided

The robed priest sweeps you up into a deep hug as he cries into your shoulder.

"Blessed Lord thank you for bestowing upon me the right to serve you in this way. It is a pleasure to meet you Lancer, I am Cardinal Berengar Strinati."

As his tears fall on your shoulder your body begins to feel lighter and more fluid.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15 darthjhawk  Moderator

Deliverance of Hades/ Call of Gaia:

He felt the call of a kindred soul. He felt the call of one who would ask his aid. Aid from even one as fractured as he was. It was just as Lord and Lady of the Underworld foretold. How they understood future events as if they had already happened, were currently happening and would happen all at once was disorienting to say the least. But this was just another mystery of the world.

As he lay in the waters of absolution and conviction, he watched the light reach out towards him. A light that would guide him on this new journey, this new labor. Slowly but decisively he would reach out his hand. Casting off the frigid, piercing waters once more…

No Caption Provided

And there he stood in front of not one, but many. But his attention was squarely focused on the one he felt his life energy flow in and out of. The girl who shone like the dawn.

No Caption Provided

“Are you the one who shall be my guide and assign me trials?” @naronu

pachyderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summoning

Smells. Sounds. A deep breath. Barely audible mutterings. To an onlooker, he would appear to be nothing more than an old man resting his eyes--but behind those eyes lay decades of wisdom. The man's face softened; with a relaxed smile he opened his eyes and looked at the one in front of him. A child? Whatever the case, Saver was well aware of the deceitful nature of looks, so he did not presume.

"Greetings. I am-" he stopped, pausing for a moment. A tall man nearby was introducing himself as what seemed to be... the father of everyone. One with white hair was quite intensely speaking with what seemed to be his own master. More summonings were being conducted.

"Well, perhaps we should wait for formal introductions." He smiled calmly as he watched the situation unfold.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000:

No Caption Provided

"Yes. You may call me Ciel."

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthjhawk:

No Caption Provided

"Hi, yes. I'm Jeanne. It's lovely to meet you. What should I call you?"

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunrise

No Caption Provided

This is unusual. Perhaps... I should just wait for a moment.

Or perhaps you shouldn't be rude.

Perhaps.

Gatkeeper turned to the man standing next to them. He looked friendly, if nothing else, which was both a relief and a concern. But there was no point in making assumptions. A warm aura radiated from their body, spilling out over the Cardinal.

"You would be my master then. It's nice to meet you. We are the Gatekeeper class servant. V-"

They paused for a moment.

"Is it alright to give our true name here? I don't entirely understand what's going on."

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darthjhawk  Moderator

@naronu:

No Caption Provided

”You are my master then. You may call me whatever you like. I would announce my true name here. But that would come with direct consequences I would rather not have innocents suffer at the present. It seems I am an Archer, so that shall suffice.“

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

"Yes. You may call me Ciel."

"Then the contract is complete," he smiles. "Thank you for calling me here, Ciel."

Shielder watches the scene unfolding with, a smile remaining on his face with excitement in his eyes.

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SupremeGeneration  Online

[REDACTED] - November 17th, 2020 - 0418

CLANG.

WHIRRRRR.

CLINK. CLANK. TIK.

A cacophony of sounds rang as a bright light filled the room, blinding anyone who might've been inside. It took up the entirety of the room, overpowering even the sunlight pouring in. A pair of gears materialized horizontally in the middle of the light and split apart rapidly, taking the light with them, revealing a man who seemed to have no issues becoming accustomed to his surroundings, or the things that were surely being ingrained to his brain. He stood there, looking at the center of the room, with a strap around his shoulder and a satchel on his left side. A summoning meant a Master, and a Master meant a Grail War. He was looking forward to only one of those prospects. Though he made no facial expressions, having learned in life that those that can read you can tempt you, he nonetheless studied the situation before him rather carefully.

No Caption Provided

The silence and focus lasted momentarily, as it was broken, but not by him.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darthjhawk  Moderator

As he flipped through page after page, the words began to blend, as if they were always one. Archer's mind began to slowly drift... as he educated himself with the scant information available his mind passed through itself, into the past. Into the flames...

Flame Memoria:

No Caption Provided

The rustle of paper as the page passes from one end to the next.

The churning of steel upon flesh and bone. And his enemy falls. Crumpling to the ground in a pool of intestines, blood, and bodily fluids.

The swish as another page folds into another.

The sizzling pop and liquidated flesh reeling from the lick of flame. The beast howls in agony. Releasing a death cry unlike any other.

The faintest indication of air circulation. Breathing occupies every inhabitant's lungs, allowing their mind and bodies to live just one moment more.

The crunch and snap of the temptresses' neck and spine. For daring to step foot in his beloved home. For daring to threaten his family.

To a man like him, the concept of an enemy held no real meaning. At least among the world of mortals. None could match his godlike strength and those that did, he had sent to Hades himself. And now it was time for him to come home and put the business of killing to rest. He wished to see his family. He wished to hold them in his arms. It was moments like this that he longed for most. To show that his strength was not meant just to take. But to grant. To protect, to love, and to cherish.

It was the first lesson his mother showed him when he was a babe. A babe with the strength to move mountains and strangle the sea of stars from the breast of a Goddess.

He only wished to see his family again.

But before he could do that, he was faced with a fork in his path. A crossroad of Virtue and Vice. The first path was laden with monsters. Creatures that stalked the night, and terrorized the day. They would bloody him, defile him. And most importantly delay him. He knew how the art of conflict worked. Were he not able to make it in time, they would be taken. She would be taken.

I have nothing to promise you, save that which you shall win with your own strength.

Used.

The road upon which I would lead you is uneven and hard and climbs many a hill, and descends into many a valley and quagmire.

Abused.

The views that you will sometimes get from the hilltops are grand and glorious, but the deep valleys are dark, and the ascent from them is toilsome. Nevertheless, the road leads to the blue mountains of endless fame, which you see far away on the horizon.

.....!

He could not let it happen. He would not let it happen. His blood boiled and his rage erupted. But he did not travel the path of hardship. He did not let his wiser thoughts prevail. There was only the swiftest path to Her. To Them. The path was laden with mere men. A path he had walked before, one he could easily tread. One he could surmount with no issue.

“O noble youth,” she said, “be no longer bowed down with labor and sore trials, but come and follow me, I will lead you into pleasant paths, where there are no storms to disturb and no troubles to annoy. You shall live in ease, with one unending round of music and mirth; and you shall not want for anything that makes life joyous—sparkling wine, or soft couches, or rich robes, or the loving eyes of beautiful maidens. Come with me, and life shall be to you a day-dream of gladness.”

He tore through them like the wind tears through the forest. Bodies fell akin to autumn leaves. The grinding of their bones, the crunch as one's footfalls stride across the numerous leaves. The sunset illuminated the path to his goal. But even still he was late.

But not too late.

He broke into his home as if he was the intruder. Prepared to face down even the Titans themselves if it meant protecting his kin. But he was only met with another trio of enemies. These bastards were unlike the others. There was a sense of genuine life to them. As if through attacking him, through invading his home, they were trying to speak with him. If he didn't know better, they sounded a desperate plea. But the whims of a simpleton who would invade the House of XXXXXXXX fell upon deaf ears.

And thus they too were brought forward as offerings. As pigs to the slaughter. Roasted upon the flames of regret they would ever challenge such a foe as himself.

"Fathe-"

"-love"

They were fools.

They were enemies.

They were creatures to be put down.

They were-!

They were...

They were mine...

THEY WERE MINE!!!!

The crackling flames returned him to lucidity, as they reverted their form to the crackling paper populating the pages of the book Archer had been reading.

Flame Memoria...END

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so delightful to see you alive and well:

The neighbors gossip, it's unlike Mr. Pierce to have so many visitors, especially female ones. Perhaps he's having an affair, Mrs. Loxley swears she saw Ms. Hoyles from Long Crendon, and Mrs. Hawkins says she saw Dr. Harris from Stoke-Mandville. Mr. Erickson from Stewkley, Mr. Thompson from Longwick, the names continue to add up. It's a veritable party, yet the lights in the house remain off, save for one room on the second floor, which remains on long into the wee hours of the morning, finally, around sunrise, it switches off, and 6 figures leave Mr. Pierce's house, headed to parts uncertain.

The Game is Afoot.

No Caption Provided

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An Engineer's Labor & Clockwork Dreams II: Innovative Endeavors

No Caption Provided

As Caster commenced his work on the task at hand, he couldn't help but reminisce. A part of him split, thinking he'd never be here again, but still in the moment. Several memories washed over him, but even more thoughts forced him to stay focused. It was something he knew was not going to be able to stop, so he let it happen, unafraid of the past and only wishing to change it as best as he could. He closed his eyes as he worked, and only processed pure memory as his tools did his work for him, making familiar noises that would let him out whenever he needed.

No longer a small child, he ran through the halls of the palace, laughing and giggling with a few other children. In this place, he could run and be as free as he wanted to be. At least, that was the hope. It helped him to forget what he didn't want to admit was true: that his favorite person, his cousin, was no longer with them in the way he once knew. He's growing up. Looks so much like him.The man watching couldn't help but smile, knowing he'd done the right thing bringing him here. It was fair, after all. It wasn't his fault. Now he got to enjoy everything the man could offer him under the supervision of a generous king, such as this palace of his own design. He may not have outdone himself given the circumstances, but he had done good work. By design, there were several improvements that could be made at a moments notice, and expanding certain areas would not at all be a hard task. There were a few things he still needed to accustom himself to, but he was getting there. No one here could tell anyway, given he had come to service to a land he hoped to the gods was removed enough. The only who might've known was too young even now to be able to tell. What remained was to work on the tells of guilt, among other things...

"Daedalus!" rang the voice of a young lady down the hallway. He heard the footsteps getting closer, but didn't react. "Daedalus!" came the call, ever closer. Until she was right behind him, the inventor had not processed she was speaking to him, frozen with a look on his face that none could see. He felt a hand on his shoulder, "Daedalus, can you not hear? Are you well?" asked the daughter of King Minos, the princess Ariadne. The inventor turned, startled.

"Apologies, princess," he started, bowing his head. "I was deep in thought, enjoying the thought of Icarus being here, having friends. Things that his... things that I could not provide for him back in Athens. But that is nothing to concern yourself with. How may I be of assistance today? Does the king require something?"

"No..." the princess started, attempting to make reason of the man before her. "Are you sure you are well? This is no urgent, I'm more than happy to wai-"

"All is fine, princess, I assure you. Please, give me something to do. Keeping busy is a hobby of mine, after all". He did his best to sound convincing, but knew it wasn't his best sell. Something else to work on, he thought.

"If you say so, Daedalus. I am here if you wish to speak about anything, you know. It would be the least I can do..." she said, motioning to the palace around them. "But if you need something to do, my father is allowing me to host a show here in the palace! A large number of people will come to see me dance, but I want to be able to wow the crowd, you know? Something that intensifies the art, while also keeping the attention on the main attraction. Perhaps a tapestry for the show?"

Daedalus pondered for a moment before replying. "I may have some ideas. Please, allow me to think on this and I will get back to you as soon as possible. And thank you, princess," he said smiling warmly. She smiled back, grateful, and skipped off.

This is going to be hard.

Caster opened his eyes to see his initial work going at a steady pace. He prayed he was harvesting enough of what he needed in order to proceed properly. It was a simple task to gather it, but something told him he wouldn't have the opportunity to be here again. Large machines around him moved and adapted to the correct tool needed at the time, creating a veritable workzone around them. As Caster studied the one who would call themselves his master, he had to remember to be careful. He had not all the information he wanted on them nor the situation at hand. Certain factors were at play he didn't quite understand. Though he believed in their sincerity, it is their methodology he questioned most. Certainly there were better ways to go about this? Regardless, he knew he had to work here so he could go where he suspected he'd be needed most: [REDACTED].

As he pondered all of this, he felt the feather in his hand grow heavier. How his master had gotten it so fast, he had no idea. All his other senses focused on what was around him. Given what he now knew of the modern world, he was fascinated that this had lasted as long as it had. He didn't figure humanity for the sentimental type. It was nothing how he remembered it being. Did he remember it being? While the sounds of his machines rang through the valley, he took a stroll. He knew roughly where everything should have been, but even in life it would've been a long time since he'd seen this place.

He certainly hadn't expected to see that.

"So," began the king of Crete, "my daughter told you of her conundrum? Do you have any ideas yet? I'm sure you know her presentation is in a few days. Oh, the things we do for our children. Dancing. Hah!" The king made a small chuckle to himself more than anything else. He had barged into Daedalus' room while he was jotting some notes. There was no hello, good morning, or other salutation. Straight to business. He remembered when it wasn't like that. In fact, he remembered when Minos had first come to Daedalus to make the offer. The respect was still here, but the cordiality was... missing.

"My king," Daedalus said, standing up and bowing his head, "I have more than my fair share of ideas," he explains, grabbing several drawings from his desk to show him. "One of your daughter's initial suggestions was a tapestry. Several ideas came from that, such as a moving background accompanying the piece. Another thought was that with the right timing and the dance taking place at the right time of day, wooden shapes could be placed over the window ceilings to allow for specific shapes to dance along with the princess. Alternatively..."

As he spoke, the king merely listened, though didn't seem particularly thrilled about any of the options. He let the inventor talk while he walked around his desk and looked at all his plans. Though not the brightest, he could tell which drawings pertained to which idea. A particular circular design is what caught his eye. "Daedalus," he said, interrupting him while he was discussing attaching strings to Ariadne to allow her to seemingly fly, "what is that?" he asked, pointing at the drawing.

"Ah. Beautiful, yes? One of the thoughts spawned by your daughter's idea for a tapestry: a beautiful work, but on the floor upon which she would dance. A... dancing floor? A dance floor. Yes, I too like it, though I found it rather lacking compared to the rest."

King Minos seemed to find appreciation in the thought. "This. It is simple, yet captivating. Beautiful and plain all at once. It will keep the attention on Ariadne while elevating her performance without overshadowing it. Can you do this?"

Daedalus admired the thought that Minos put into allowing his daughter to shine. Perhaps there was hope for him yet. "Of course, my king. Where would you like it placed?"

"In the center of the palace. My daughter would like to perform, and she will. Keep the design, take what materials, tools, and workers you need, and see to it that this lasts as long as the palace will."

"At once."

It didn't take long for the initial work to be completed. Gathering the necessary material might have taken a while, but it was necessary for a reason. For what he planned to do, he would need every bit. Opting to put the feather in his satchel for temporary safekeeping, he motioned to his master that it was time to take it all back; "It is done. Getting this all through should be simple enough. I take it there is more for me to work with back... wherever it is that we came from?"

"Yes. There is plenty inside which [REDACTED] has prepared," replied his Master. With that, Caster began moving everything towards the hut behind them, where they had come from. "Good," Caster proclaimed, 'While I do work, can you tell me more?..."

"It's beautiful!" exclaimed Princess Ariadne. "My, you've outdone yourself Daedalus!" She went on, for a time that Daedalus could no longer count. Since its inception, she couldn't get enough of it. Her praise was never-ending. "This is perfect! I can dance and be seen, elevated and with the proper prose and angle, I-"

Daedalus laughed, interrupting the princess. "I am still glad you like it, Princess. It was not difficult work, but I do see the appeal. Your father was most pleased as well." And it truly was beautiful work. A large circular platform took up the majority of the palace's central room, elevated four inches above the ground on the front and eight inches above the ground on the back side. This slight slope allowed for the design to be shown off to all the guests. The proper material meant that any kind of shoes could be used to attain the proper grip between dancer and floor. It wasn't something that took practice either - the princess seemed to be able to implement any movement she wanted on the platform. The design was meticulous as well: several patterns and different shapes placed at spaced intervals meant memorizing footwork could become a piece of cake for anyone who bothered to actually try.

The king had found it incredible as well. Sure, he cared less for the practical use and more for the intricate design and his daughter's happiness, but he could appreciate it. At the end of the day, however, it was Ariadne's personal pride and joy. "I would hope so!" she replied, "every performance since you made this for me has been better than my previous!"

And it was true. Daedalus himself had seen her go from an initial stumble to a confident dancer who could wow the crowds. It was all she needed, too. No moving parts, no fancy light shows. She could've had whatever she asked of him, he worked for her father after all, but the star of the show remained center stage. Even those went up to perform with her found it an ingenious invention. It allowed them to do more with their movement than they felt they otherwise could. He knew the truth... they could do any of it without the platform, they just didn't think to try it. It amazed him how the smallest things could challenge the human mind. He was only glad he had accomplished yet another long-lasting marvel for the man who had taken him in with no reason to do so. Minos, too, in turn appreciated what Daedalus did for Ariadne.

As simple as it was, it had served the necessary purpose. Sometimes, the simplest solutions could be better than even the complicated ones. This was a lesson he never thought he'd find by making a floor upon which to dance, but it was one he carried for the rest of his life.

No Caption Provided

Upon completion of the transport, Caster was ready to begin. As servant and Master stepped into the hut, there were several piles and stacks of all sorts of items, artifacts, objects, and general paraphernalia. Some things, the great inventor himself did not recognize. These were the wonders of the modern word.

"Is everything you need here?"

"I believe so, yes. I will begin. This is a process that will... however, if you could... information... prepare more things."

Caster looked out at the room before him. His master stood by the door they'd come through. He hadn't done much yet. in fact, he'd been summoned here. There was so much more he could be doing, but he was forced to secrecy. He didn't like this. In life he'd spent too long in servitude, and he was here, seemingly, to do it again. At least back then he knew what he'd signed up for. Was what he was doing really worth it, for the people he was doing it for? It was impossible to say for certain.

What he did know, however, is that there was a Holy Grail War to be seemingly... fought? But... not against servants? He wasn't privy to the details, yet, but this was his best chance at getting answers. So again, Caster opens the satchel on his left side and leaves it open. With raised arms, he begins. Though he was a Caster, he didn't have magecraft in the traditional sense. As he spoke, his eyes began to glow. The nanites in his satchel come out in a single, steady stream creating a large ring around the room. With every chant, blowing glue rings and symbols envelop areas around the ring. Caster focuses on all the materials before him and on one in particular. The nanites in the satchel bring the feather out, carrying it along the ring. Once at the top, a cross forms in the center, carrying the feather into the middle. Four support pillars encroach themselves into the wall where they extend inward, through the ring, to the sphere in the center holding the feather.

The ring expands, vertically, ovally. Arms made of the countless atom-sized clusters of metal begin to pick up items, placing thm meticulously where they need to go. The largest two are focused on the stone gathered from [REDACTED], becoming the base of several smaller items. With several magical properties being engaged by the nanites at once, Caster must pour every ounce of attention he can to ensure nothing goes wrong. In delicate processes such as these, everything must be done properly. As the symbols glow brighter, more things happen. There is a large amount of magical energy that Caster knows he must suppress as well as he can, lest attention be drawn from sources he's sure he doesn't want to find out about. More streams of nanites come out from the satchel, sealing the room with only himself and his Master within it. It's a tricky thing, having one's Magecraft tied to one of their Noble Phantasms, but it did allow for rather incredible results. What other servant could hope to have technology and magic do what he could?

With the room sealed, he proceeded. They'd have to be built one-by-one, but he could lay the groundwork for them all now. He arranged the stone into its proper shape, began enchanting several objects at once. Five greek omegas glowed in front of him. Carefully, more nanite limbs seemed to miraculously interact with the raw energy before him, moving them to the center of the room. Five pillars stood strong, molded and held together by his own technology. He couldn't help but admire his own work. As always, he didn't let his own ingenuity amaze him too much. From the sphere holding the feather, five more nanite tubes came out to connect to the glowing omegas. Magic and technology became one at the five focused spots of pure energy, as individual atom-sized pieces of technology mingle with raw mana. This was not what he was used to, but he knew what he was doing.

He is a Caster now, but he is first and foremost an inventor. He is equipped with several skills, but the only one that matters now is how well he can carry out his gift. People need my help, he thinks. Even if I don't get my wish... there are people here. People that exist. People that I can do something for. He focuses on his ability to build. If materials are the building blocks of architecture, then magic is the building block of... well, everything else. And he knows his magic. What he knows, he can control, and what he can control he can build with. This wasn't a spell or a ritual, no.

He was reading and applying the blueprints to engineer his own prison.

With all the pieces where they needed to be, he merely turned to smile at his Master before focusing once more. It was time to properly begin.

No Caption Provided

Beware the dark of the endless maze

Where man and monster wander for days

Freedom will always evade your gaze

Den tha xefýgete apó ton labýrinthos

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They Forgot:

They call me out of date.

Old Fashioned.

Unaware.

Trapped in the past.

They mock me behind closed doors.

Stupid.

Lacking in sense.

Simple.

They relegate me to a footnote.

A relic.

A nuisance.

The first to die.

They discount me.

An unnecessary target.

A waste of valuable resources.

Only that little girl remembers.

They have forgotten who I am.

It's time to remind them.

No Caption Provided

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Prison of my Own Design

No Caption Provided

Upon completion of the ritual, a couple of grueling hours later, Caster picked up five glowing Greek omegas, no larger than the size of a small ball, but glowing with power. All that for just five of these, Caster thought to himself. He turned to his master and proclaimed; “We are to enter [REDACTED] now. In particular, this entrance will take us to [REDACTED]. There, I can [REDACTED]. I advise we call for this [REDACTED], and there we can discuss more how we’d like to proceed…”

As his master left to call upon [REDACTED], Caster set to work placing four of the omegas in his satchel and the last in his hand upon the wall. Upon placing his intent onto it, it stuck and glowed even brighter, eventually expanding into a full doorway. Soon after, his master entered with [REDACTED].

Greetings Caster, I am [REDACTED], but you can just call me [REDACTED]. I heard from [REDACTED] that you’re ready to begin now?”

“Hello,” Caster said, bowing his head. “I’d like to enter [REDACTED] so that we might brainstorm a bit more as to what we might need, and then build it.”

"Alright. Is it just through this door then?"

“Yes. If you’d like, I can go first this time, just to be safe.”

"Alright. Lead the way."

Caster steps through the portal, into his prison. It doesn’t take long to recognize that it is safe, and so sticks a thumbs up through the portal behind him. As he takes another step forward, the place seems to come to life, as if recognizing his presence…

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By maestromage

The Hunter's Dream I

A dim light lays flat across the room. The space is wide, with cobbled stones clinking against metal boots, and a handful of others sit or stand in it, chatting, reading or working. In a corner sits a lone figure, a large set of weights carried with them. This is the room they were summoned into, which feels fitting to them. Here they were born again, and here they too shall bring something into this world. They unpack their weight, a bag filled with a load of jewels, minerals and other useful trinkets in the world of magecraft. This mass is more than they require, they know, but they'll make use of it all the same. This isn't a time to be frugal.

As they unpack, they allow a dark red haze to flow from their body and through the pile, gently picking up each item. The ash that composes their ether takes the form of sorts through the pile, discerning the various qualities and traits of each with a glance or a touch, being not unfamiliar with sorting through treasures, until they surround them, a circle of gold in a pile of ash.

Let's begin.

They hold in their mind's eye each item they need, and what they wish for it to become. Their hand becomes the hammer and anvil, their mind the tongs and forge. The slow but sure process begins as they hammer away at the space in front of them. They were no inventor, barely even a blacksmith. They were only a farmer, a shepherd who sought to protect their flock. The intended form was simple, a relatively plain broadsword, and as their hammer rang with the bells of time passing, their mind wandered. To days old and new.

"Just take it. Take it and go."

"But-"

"GO! Begone from my sight."

This was their last night in this house, and they'd hoped for a happier farewell. The people who looked after them, well, "looked after" them, were never that nice. Their faces were always stern, they barked loudly when they did something wrong, which was rare, and they mostly left them to fend for themselves. But they weren't cruel. They weren't manipulative, and they didn't expect anything from these two children other than to not be bothered. And that, to these two, was a blessing worthy of being handed down by the gods. They loved them. And now they were being pushed away.

Handed their first weapon, they had never needed one before now, they'd been told to leave. This wasn't an order from on high, the reason was clear enough to all; there was work to be done.

"Just go... a hunter must hunt,"

They took it and went, stiffling tears as they did. Well, Richter stiffled them; he was almost a man now and was too embarassed to be seen crying. Maria let them flow freely, wailing as she did so. He envied her.

Gatekeeper sighed. This weapon they were creating was not like the one they received that day. Though a memorable heirloom kept for a lifetime, that was nothing more than the tool of a farmhand, its meaning and value derived solely from the one who gave it. This was a thing called a weapon of the gods, a weapon that menaced armies into change. They wondered who they might have to kill with it. Or save.

As they worked, they gazed out at the room and saw who they were to fight alongside, and thought about what it was they were to do.

"Lucy and Quincy, was it? I've never met an executor before."

No Caption Provided

"We're here to deal with the vampire situation, as we're not familiar with the local situation we'd appreciate your co-operation in this matter."

The pair looked at each other. They'd never worked with anyone other than each other before, but the situation had changed. Things wouldn't be as simple this time and they could use whatever help they could get. They said yes. They'd regret it. Looking back, and often they would, this was "the moment where they cosigned their deaths". It was a mistake they would avoid making again for as long as they lived.

If there was one thing Richter and Maria had wanted since they were children, it was more siblings. Friends and compatriots their own age with similar experiences to relate to, rely on, and to simply enjoy the company of. That was a joy denied to them in their youth, and a joy they denied themselves in their adulthood. As they looked out, they reckoned with themselves in consideration of that fact. They had wished that things would be different this time, but they could not be so long as they allowed themselves to remain trapped in that old cycle. It was time to move on, to accept these new allies as they were, not as past experiences had conditioned them to believe they should be.

They would try, for that is all any can. And they found some small comfort in that truth. But there was another truth at hand that frightened them. The promise they had hastily made. They had hoped, as they still do that it could be kept, but time was running out and hope with it. A battle between the vampires and the church, a woman who believed that her death was a necessary sacrifice; these were not unfamiliar scenarios, nor were the memories they evoked pleasant in any regard. But this was not the past. This was not a story already told, it was a battle yet to be made; the future had not yet been written. To change that fate, they needed strength, as much as could be mustered.

That thought brought them back to the present. They had almost finished constructing their weapon, but they still had materials to spare. In fact, another servant had just delivered another set to them. Perfect. They arranged the materials around them, balancing their different elements and aspects appropriately. That would make the next step easier.

One breath. In. Another breath. Out. The materials in front of them resonated with their breath, and their breath with the aura surrounding them. The materials shimmered, like a haze on a hot day, before disintegrating into a grey flame, being inhaled by Gatekeeper. That flame was then exhaled out onto the weapon they were forging, cleansing it for impurities and balancing out the various materials used to construct it. The imperfect becomes perfect.

This process repeated; twice, three times was the weapon bathed in fire, honed to conduct its wielder's will without flaw. Satisfied, they reached into the heatless flame of the forge and retrieved what they had. Their work was done.

The blade was heavy. It didn't feel it. But it also didn't feel right.

The weapon they received that day wasn't a weapon of the gods, but it was theirs. Wholly. This weapon had strength in spades, that was no longer a concern. What they needed from it now was for it to be theirs. Not a weapon wielded by some deity millennia ago but theirs. Wholly.

The weapon from that day was the tool of a farmhand. Not meant for combat but for herding animals. Like its owner, this sword could change its shape and the form of that weapon... it felt right. Like it was meant to be. Killer they may have been, hunter though they are, what they are also is a shepherd.

Called from the grave to wrestle the night.

No Caption Provided

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nostalgia:

"Servants huh? Well I guess that's not particularly surprising. Still it brings back memories, I wonder if you can see it King of Magecraft. Trapped on the throne of your choosing, a front row seat to watching your world come to an end."

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Advancement 1: The Beginning

No Caption Provided

76 Hours Remain.

Team 1 Spawn: @deathhero61

You and Cardinal Granfatima crash into a small wooden shack. The rain drips through the dilapidated roof. As you get to your feet you see the Cardinal peering off into the west.

"Only about 20km west of the marked drop point, good enough. Are you ready to begin Saber?"

What is your first move?

Team 2 Spawn: @maestromage

You and Cardinal Mathesius find yourself in a small, fenced backyard, with Agent Godbivouac nowhere in sight.

"I've removed that monster. Although it seems he also did not wish to truly move alongside us. We won't be complicit in the Director's genocide. I assume you have no issue with that."

He offers his hand to help you up.

What is your first move?

Team 3 Spawn: @pachyderm

You and Cardinal Laurentis find yourselves, dry, nestled underneath a large oak tree, clearly not in the intended drop location. Agent Kiara is nowhere to be found. The young-looking Cardinal stands to his feet.

"I do apologize dear servant, for my dishonesty. I have no intention of leaving us shackled to that she-devil, and took the liberty of forcefully separating us. We will not be senselessly slaughtering innocents, instead my puppets will scout ahead and allow us to proceed with confidence."

As he explains he tosses a small disc on the ground, which expands into a nearly 10 meter horizontal bar. Thirty metallic forms rise out of the bar, taking the shape of nuns before dashing off into the forest.

What is your first move?

Team 4 Spawn: @darthjhawk

You and Jeanne find yourselves in a muddy field, sinking nearly six inches into the muck. Standing across from you is a cross looking young woman, dressed in robes with a large shield strapped across her back.

"You're early and at the wrong place."

Her voice is a mixture of annoyance and relief.

"Tch."

Your master makes a sound of annoyance as she pulls her legs clear of the mud.

"You must be the servant, I am captain of the Vestel Shield Knights, Riesbyfe Stridberg. It is a pleasure to be working alongside you."

No Caption Provided

What is your first move?

Team 6 Spawn: @sy8000

You and Ciel find yourselves in the middle of a field of harvested Alfalfa, the rain pouring down on you. She gets to her feet and looks around.

"We're too far north. We need to proceed to our meet-up point. My acquaintance will meet us there."

As she speaks she suddenly freezes and holds her hand up, before cautiously pointing towards a small cottage.

"There's something in there."

What is your first move?

Team 7 Spawn: @just_banter

You, Cardinal Strinati, and Eiri find yourself in a deserted parking lot, ahead of you is a sign, barely legible through the rain.

Keen Distribution

"I'm still here."

Eiri remarks, his voice flat but containing a hint of surprise.

"Indeed. I am not one to turn down aid, regardless of its intentions. But we will proceed under my command from now on."

Strinati gazes towards the Burial Agent, his face streaked both by the rain and his own tears.

"As long as the primary goal remains the same, I can accept that."

"It does."

"Then this distribution center is on the list that Argaleon provided us with, shall we begin here?"

What is your first move?

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darthjhawk  Moderator

Murky Steps, Frigid Waters:

@naronu

What is your first move?

No Caption Provided

As he suspected, things had gone awry. The humans that had summoned them seemed to be playing with forces they could not fully control. Or perhaps they had too much control. There were far too many secretive factors for Archer to fully trust what was happening. But he could not let those wandering thoughts distract him further. The muddy field he was slowly sinking into reminded him too much of The Styx.

Deciding to finally open up his mind to the world around him, he let his senses open. Allowing every sound, smell, sight, taste to enter his domain. And read the input for the best path to follow.

Leaping out with an intensity to match a bird of prey in takeoff, Archer landed in a spot not too far between his master and the Shield Knight the Director had spoken to him about. Reaching out a hand to support his master if she so desired to take it out of the mud, he responded to the knight.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Just_Banter

Arrival

No Caption Provided

Arriving in what he could only assume to be [REDACTED], Lancer is hit with a sudden feeling. A sense of wanting to simply walk away, to take his time talking to each and every one of his children, being their shoulder to lean on, their support, and listening to all the things he's missed from all of their lives. He closes his eyes, taking in the moment around him along with a breath of fresh air, imagining what could be, rather than what is. Only a moment.

"Master, you speak like the situation has changed. What's happening?" As he speaks, his senses crawl through the ground, encompassing the distribution centre and the surrounding area. He doesn't quite know what he's looking for, so he focuses on tracking mana signatures first and other oddities that seem out of place compared to the knowledge of modern society granted by the grail second.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DeathHero61  Online

The Deafening Sound of The Rain

No Caption Provided

You and Cardinal Granfatima crash into a small wooden shack. The rain drips through the dilapidated roof. As you get to your feet you see the Cardinal peering off into the west.

"Only about 20km west of the marked drop point, good enough. Are you ready to begin Saber?"

Saber waited for this moment. Ever since he was summoned he felt unsettled, he wanted to be a champion for humanity to prosper without the influence of the divine and supernatural. At the very least he wanted complete and undeniable order, and the first step to that is to eradicate the filth that can similarly be found in Izanami's underworld. The irony here is that its not gods that are abusing their powers to influence the world, its man. It left him with quite the conundrum to consider and many things to reminiscence on. One thing he knew for sure is that the average man shouldn't be caught up in the struggle of the strong, and things shall be put in their proper place through his strength, even if he must do it alone

"What kind of stupid question is that? Lets go to war." As Saber walked out of the wooden shed, he felt the rain pour much harder, and his demeanor slightly changed as he faced his master. Saber didn't have a look of arrogance, or his bored or curious expression, it was a face of sheer determination and seriousness. The Three Legged Crow on his shoulder also seemed to have a serious expression. Saber felt like something needed to be addressed before they head out.

"Smiles......" Saber paused for a second, and then corrected himself. "No...... Cardinal Granfatima Noi, do you remember what I asked you when we first met.?"

pachyderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relief

Saver spends the first few seconds in quiet contemplation. He looks to his Cardinal and smiles before responding "Well, I am certainly pleased to hear that. To be honest, I was not sure I would be able to convince you along the way--now it seems I don't have to." He pauses again as he watches the nuns disappear into the forest. "There is much we should discuss while we have the time."

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shallow Streams

No Caption Provided

Shielder stands by a small glade. Rain pours down as he looks at the figure across from him and Ciel.

She really gave my true name just like that? That's some trust, she didn't give it to the other guy.

Then again, that guy was a weirdo.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England:

@maestromage

As the three of you wait in the field, there is a flash of light next to Andrei Godbivouac, he steps back and raises his fists, but soon lowers them. As the smoke clears, a figure is standing next to him:

"This. Is not according to the plan. How Fun!"

No Caption Provided

@darkdementor101

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Naronu

England:

@deathhero61

As your master extricates himself from the blonde man's hug, there is a sudden flash of light. Both immediately turn towards it.

"This doesn't make sense."

"I guess I've gone a servant too now."

No Caption Provided

"Are you the one who I must call master?"

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England:

As the woman floats in the lake there is a flash of light above her. She raises her hand to cover her eyes.

"Ego the hwlñ are you?"

"I've never had good luck with women."

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England

The rain pours down on a forlorn figure in a large black coat. He trudges through the mud, pausing every so often and raising his head to sniff at the air. There is a flash of light behind him.

"Are you... One of those servants? This... doesn't make any sense."

No Caption Provided

@heykorby

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England:

The Clock Tower is silent, not a sound disturbs the steady patter of the rain. A young woman silently sneaks out of the bounded field, before whipping around, startled at the sudden flash of light.

"Are you... A servant?"

No Caption Provided

"You must be my master. Shall we get out of here?"

With the flick of a wand, both figures disappear from sight, and detection.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England:

@darthjhawk

As the three of you trudge through the mud and muck, there is a flash of light next to Riesbyfe.

"This can't be."

Your master steps back in shock and horror.

"Sieg!"

"It looks like I've got a servant of my own now Jeanne. So who are you?"

Riesbyfe turns smugly to her servant.

No Caption Provided

"Are you my–"

The woman's eyes flicker and a bow appears in her hand, arrow drawn.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England:

The pair walk down the side of the highway, sporadically breaking into awkward conversation.

"Was it truly necessary to bring me along?"

"As one of the few in the world who were on the ground in Ihladesal, your performance here is a necessary one."

Twin flashes of light interrupt the two Atlas executives as they converse.

"An excellent twist to the script."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@nixtollo @thewatcherking

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England:

The Clock Tower is silent, and the large woman sits quietly meditating in her room. There is a flash of light before her and she opens her eyes.

"I was waiting for a sign that my interference would be right. You must be that sign."

"I wouldn't call myself a sign of anything. But if you're to fight, I will happily follow you my master."

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England:

The man sits quietly indoors, flipping the pages of a dusty tome. A flash of lightcauses him to raise his head.

"Oh you'll do quite nicely."

He stands.

No Caption Provided

@vergiliusmaro

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England?

The rain avoids the woman as she struts down the empty city street. A veil is pulled across her face and a puffy coat obscures her figure. She whirls around at the flash of light next to her.

"You'll make this much easier. You see, I'm not exactly supposed to be here. You will be my hands, is that agreeable to you."

"I will serve to the best of my ability master."

No Caption Provided

@germa77

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England:

The man jogs through the rain, humming a tune to himself.

"Ciel and mmhmm sitting in a tree..."

He falls silent upon witnessing the flash of light.

"So you're one of those servants. What's your name?"

No Caption Provided

@higherpower

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

England

The rain pours into the alley, as the child kneels in the dirt sobbing.

There is a flash of light behind him, the shadow of the servant cutting him off from the light.

"A-are you a servant?"

"Yes. Yes I am."

The giant silently pads closer.

"Help me. Please."

"Of course, let me help you. What would you have me do?"

The giant responds calmly as he reaches his arms out for the child's head.

"I want- I want to see them suffer. I want to see them die! I WANT TO KILL THEM ALL!"

The giant's arms freeze just millimeters away from the child and he begins to laugh. A low, disgusting cackle. Less like a living thing and more like the scraping of metal.

"You only had to ask."

No Caption Provided

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Naronu

England:

"It's been a long time."

"Too Long."