VS
No Caption Provided

Location: The International Court of Justice in Paris, France

No Caption Provided

Rules -

• X-Men trio is morals off
  • Slade has 1 hour prep and full intel
  • 50 yard starting distance

Synopsis: Following the plot of Fall of the House of X #1, the trio must rescue Cyclops from the courthouse. With Rasputin IV drawn away from her support role by Xavier, the secret addition of a mercenary from another universe complicates their mission. Hired by Orchis to oversee the trial and tasked to "terminate" mutants on sight, Deathstroke was given full intel of the X-Men and had prepared an hour before the trial. When the fight below the courthouse kicks off, Nightcrawler teleports Colossus and Wolverine outside, where the terminator waits atop of the steps.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't really see what he can do to colossus with one hour of prep.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikon suit is standard for Slade, for anyone who didnt know

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

monkey_d_joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ami missing something? Individually either one of the x men can take him out

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Bump, Ikon suit is in play, keep in mind, both Logan and Piotr were fully incapacitated by a magnet in this very same issue...If Slade can't do better with Orchis's resources...just say so

totu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Ikon suit and his god killer sword, plus one hour prep, I can see Deathstroke taking them down

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade with prep and intel

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By samgee

The Deathstroke if he snipes them

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Dingus__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade gets stomped

MirakuruSlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade gets molly wopped in an encounter, the team is too much for him to handle

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morals off means any one of them solo

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samgee: snipes colossus and Wolverine?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made this thread under the impression that Slade scales to Wolverine, is fast/smart enough to anticipate Nightcrawler and has access to tech that would give him an edge against Colossus.

These three X-Men have as much synergy as the Teen Titans and Justice League combined as well as abilities that put Slade at a disadvantage on top of outnumbering him.

It looks like to me that no one actually read the comic so far, since Orchis fodder pinned Wolverine and Colossus down with their tech and Nightcrawler saved them.

That being said, I'm not here to defend either side. Educated arguments are welcome, but leave your biases elsewhere.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Even granting that you gave DS prep, I'm not really convinced an hour is sufficient to deal with Colossus. I just don't see what Deathstroke is going to do to put him down.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@samgee: Not the same continuity for Slade OR Colossus. The X-Men/Titans crossover was from Earth-7642. I'm assuming the OP intends to use the 616 versions.

I'd also probably just consider that a rather low showing, plus the fact that flipping someone over an edge is not really the same as winning a physical fight by virtue of overall better physicals, and that the location of this fight doesn't allow for that strategy to be replicated here anyway.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I thought giving him the Ikon suit would even things out, since it took punches from Superman and reflected the damage back... But I guess Colossus is just too much

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kasya_carey

Ikon suit is standard for Slade, for anyone who didnt know

If it is idk what the trio can do then..

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@kasya_carey: It technically is standard but Slade has put it away for a time since Batman found a counter for it and Slade retired momentarily after burning out the speed force upgrade (which he clearly doesn't have anymore). His new promethium armor absorbs energy now, same with his promethium sword, which when charged can harm Superman, wont factor in here tho since these guys don't throw energy around.

Also, Ikon suit might have a piercing weakness, its grav shield works based on surface area. So, Wolverine is probably MVP.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

VioletKyoshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: The way the gravity sheathe is described (unless I'm misunderstanding/don't remember) wouldn't the Ikon suit completely stop Wolverine's claws? I remember Priest, the writer saying the smaller the object the less chance it has of penetrating while something like an explosive would work better and weaken the armor.

As for the fight, I can see Slade coming up with a good trap for Wolverine and probably using him as bait for Nightcrawler to get incapacited when he tries to free him. I have no idea about would he'd do with Colossus though, giant super strong magnet maybe? 2 metal birds one stone?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@violetkyoshin: I'll have to look at what Priest said about the armor, my understanding of it may be misinformed.

As for 2 metal birds, it worked in the comic, but I doubt the same trick will work twice.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Slade only wins if he has his Ikon suit and God Killer sword. Otherwise, he gets stomped.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: he doesn't actually need both, because with both, he's smacking Superman around... With just the suit... He should have a fair chance around these 3

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: It is vital to know what Deathstroke has here equipment-wise.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: All his Post-crisis/New-52/Rebirth/Current standard gear + Orchis tech

The Ikon suit along with his Promethium and Nth Metal armor/weapons are as standard as they have been during their respective runs and readily at his disposal since nothing was stated to have been lost or destroyed and may as well be laying around his garage. No prep needed to aquire those things.

What he does need prep for are any special gear he only ever used once or twice that may come into play, or gear that Orchis in Fall of the House of X etc... Since he has access to their tech and full knowledge of the X-Men.

If you still dont know what gear he has... I'll post what gear he has access to without prep.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night crawler decapitates him

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By del_torro  Online

If bloodlust, Nightcrawler could teleport his head off

Bloodlust nightcrawler can be scary.

He can teleport arms, legs, ears, fingers, head or any body parts off of you (like he did to sabertooh, machine man, Nimrod, magus etc). Heck theres a time he teleported the torso of a sentinel away, leaving the head, arms and legs behind.

He can also teleport objects into you (like he teleported a car engine into a monsters chest) or place humself in a way that teleports his opponent into a wall or another object

Other ways he has to win is by teleport ing him high up into the sky and then dropping him.

Or by teleporting him multiple times to knock him out with the accumulated strain it has on humans.

Also, current Nightcrawler had a soulsword that can bypass durability and oneshot

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Don't really see what he can do to colossus with one hour of prep.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It boils down to whether or not promethium bullets can penetrate Colossus's skin, I doubt they actually can. Slade has some major defensive capabilities to stay in the fight for a while, but if he can't put Colossus down, he can't put Logan down long enough for a technical win. Godkiller weapons would be a win for Slade, without them, he eventually loses.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna be responding to defend the thread's "fairness", which incidentally means defending Deathstroke to some degree based on the apparent lack of info regarding the character.

It boils down to whether or not promethium bullets can penetrate Colossus's skin, I doubt they actually can. Slade has some major defensive capabilities to stay in the fight for a while, but if he can't put Colossus down, he can't put Logan down long enough for a technical win. Godkiller weapons would be a win for Slade, without them, he eventually loses.

Well we have to take into account what his gear has done to other metahumans of a similar or greater durability, that being said, I don't think a Promethium bullet will do the trick. He has other weapons that might, Godkiller is out of the question for obvious reasons, it's almost as bad as giving him speed force.

If bloodlust, Nightcrawler could teleport his head off

Bloodlust nightcrawler can be scary.

He can teleport arms, legs, ears, fingers, head or any body parts off of you (like he did to sabertooh, machine man, Nimrod, magus etc). Heck theres a time he teleported the torso of a sentinel away, leaving the head, arms and legs behind.

He can also teleport objects into you (like he teleported a car engine into a monsters chest) or place humself in a way that teleports his opponent into a wall or another object

Other ways he has to win is by teleport ing him high up into the sky and then dropping him.

Or by teleporting him multiple times to knock him out with the accumulated strain it has on humans.

Also, current Nightcrawler had a soulsword that can bypass durability and oneshot

Kurt isn't bloodlusted here, his morals are off, which means he is willing to kill, but he is still in character and he isn't going to automatically resort to teleporting limbs off despite the fact that it is capable of it. That being said, in order to have a conversation about Kurt's win conditions, we have to talk about how consistently he gets tagged.

The whole idea of Kurt's combat style is touch and go, he has decent enough durability feats but compared to some strong/skilled characters, he is almost a glass cannon. Why do you think he tries so hard to teleport around his opponents and avoid attacks in the first place? He has been tagged by Wolverine on multiple occasions, Cyclops, Rouge, Magneto, Karnak, Black Tom, Sabretooth, and Iron Fist who figured out Kurt's teleportation patterns within 2 or 3 panels and tagged him.

Most of the others have fought him on multiple occasions or know him very well, but its not like he hasn't been tagged by people who've never fought him before or once in a blue moon and it's not like it takes a psychic or a speedster to figure him out. Before we start glazing individual characters, we need to take them at face value and consider their consistent showings and to be frank, Kurt is notoriously predictable.

That being said, Slade has access to such privileged information and would honestly figure out Kurt's style on the fly faster than Danny did. If Kurt tries to port him, Slade is fast enough to react and force him to teleport defensively like so many others have. Dropping Slade from the sky wouldn't, not only could he tank the fall via gravity shield, Slade can simulate flight by overclocking the Ikon suit's gravity field as shown by Jericho who also had an Ikon suit. Slade's not getting KOed from teleportation sickness, his metahuman physiology has gone through worse.

If Kurt had the Soul Sword in Fall of the House of X #1 during the courthouse raid, which I'm not sure he did, then he may use it here... If not, then no.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just in case people forgot what Ikon Suit Slade did to Superman without the Godkiller Sword

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@ancient_0f_days: Slade's Ikon suit is durable, it has very great blunt force resistance. Colossus wouldn't get past it very easily due to Slade's speed/skill advantage. Depleted promethium is insanely strong, but he doesn't have anything outside of Godkiller weapons to put Piotr down. Not to mention Wolverine has insane durability and healing with similar physicals and martial capability.

Too bad the Ikon suit isn't adamantium proof as its cutting power has been thoroughly documented and the Ikon suit lacks a lot of piecing resistance feats.

Slade would have to somehow defeat Colossus and get a technical KO on Logan while dodging a morals off Nightcrawler who can completely bypass his armor. Slade is my favorite comicbook character, he is my biggest collection of comics, but he isn't winning this without god killer or speed force; both of which would make him stomp.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: fair enough, I still think if Slade pre-charged his promethium sword he'd be able to cut Colossus since Pete Wilson's super heated knives could. I mean, all it took was a little heat vision to charge it and Slade was drawing blood from Superman. I also think the staff has enough power to harm Colossus and maybe put Wolverine on his knees considering it can make Superman flinch on 2 separate occasions. Slade has out-reacted a teleporter and honestly would have good odds against Nightcrawler 1v1 morals on or off, but not being able to put down his teammates decisively is an issue...

That being said, this would be more fair if Logan and Tchalla didnt stop Orchis from obtaining Vibranium in Wakanda.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: fair enough, I still think if Slade pre-charged his promethium sword he'd be able to cut Colossus since Pete Wilson's super heated knives could. I mean, all it took was a little heat vision to charge it and Slade was drawing blood from Superman. I also think the staff has enough power to harm Colossus and maybe put Wolverine on his knees considering it can make Superman flinch on 2 separate occasions. Slade has out-reacted a teleporter and honestly would have good odds against Nightcrawler 1v1 morals on or off, but not being able to put down his teammates decisively is an issue...

That being said, this would be more fair if Logan and Tchalla didnt stop Orchis from obtaining Vibranium in Wakanda.

All of these points are good in a 1v1.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: considering I gave Slade access to Orchis with his prep, and we saw what they could do to Colossus and Wolverine on their own, could he not also rig the courthouse grounds with traps? I vaguely remember him planting a bomb that was able to distract Superman and Wonder Woman long enough for him and Constantine Drakon to escape capture. That could distract this team long enough for him to disappear and regain element of surprise. I also remember Slade KOing Nightwing with yard sprinklers laced with anesthetic compounds, he also has tranquilizers that can one shot an elephant. Not to mention, this is the same guy who regularly fights speedsters, high level martial artists, super strong metas and magic users at the same time... Granted, these three could likely do the same but Slade made it a habit.

Orchis used magnetism tech, would it not be fair to say that with access to their tech he could also? Batman himself employed magnetic gadgets against the Talons in order to incapacitate them, Slade has been inside the Batcave and even masquerades as Batman at least once... He may not be Batman, but it isn't wishful thinking to believe him capable of employing specific countermeasures against opponents he knows everything about, especially when he's alined with an organization that has? Before you say I'm reaching, I'm just reminding you of what is already established in the OP.

VioletKyoshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checked again and yeah the only thing that may work against the Ikon suit is an AOE or Nightcrawler teleporting Slade's head off. The way it's stated to work Wolverine can't touch the suit itself because his claws are doing to be stopped by the gravity sheath. Colossus would have the same luck as Superman only he doesn't have the combat speed to Overload the armor but if he can generate a shockwave with enough power. And honestly Sabretooth was able to avoid Nightcrawler tele-decapping him while holding back if I remember correctly so Slade who is much smarter, on a similar level of speed wouldn't fare much worse if at all.

And counting the prep time, I can see Slade setting up a trap for Wolverine that Nightcrawler would have to teleport him out of, and in doing so Slade can predict Kurt's movements and snipe him as soon as he does. Putting down or trapping Colossus would be the hardest part.

Alekos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leaning towards the three x-men but slade could win if he prepared correctly if not game over for slade

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: considering I gave Slade access to Orchis with his prep, and we saw what they could do to Colossus and Wolverine on their own, could he not also rig the courthouse grounds with traps? I vaguely remember him planting a bomb that was able to distract Superman and Wonder Woman long enough for him and Constantine Drakon to escape capture. That could distract this team long enough for him to disappear and regain element of surprise. I also remember Slade KOing Nightwing with yard sprinklers laced with anesthetic compounds, he also has tranquilizers that can one shot an elephant. Not to mention, this is the same guy who regularly fights speedsters, high level martial artists, super strong metas and magic users at the same time... Granted, these three could likely do the same but Slade made it a habit.

Orchis used magnetism tech, would it not be fair to say that with access to their tech he could also? Batman himself employed magnetic gadgets against the Talons in order to incapacitate them, Slade has been inside the Batcave and even masquerades as Batman at least once... He may not be Batman, but it isn't wishful thinking to believe him capable of employing specific countermeasures against opponents he knows everything about, especially when he's alined with an organization that has? Before you say I'm reaching, I'm just reminding you of what is already established in the OP.

I do not doubt Slade's ability to prep-win against these guys. An hour prep though probably isn't enough.

Magnets would work, but Nightcrawler is there so not for long. "Bamf" and Logan is free.