Email Confirmation error

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thought about posting to the bug thing, but it wants a name. I don't want to give a name. Plus you have to follow like four links just to get everything, just to step one of actually getting information on a sheet.

So Screw it, I'm posting here and hoping someone sees it and responds or does something.

Made an account @francis_flinn. With a new email. Got the confirmation email. Link brought me to a "Can't find server" page explaining it couldn't open it, because it couldn't find the server. Attempted it again. Same thing. Tried logging in with the email by linking it, didn't work. Tried signing up a new account with a dash instead of a _ and doing it by gmail first, then account name. Said invalid CSRF token.

So, any suggestions are appreciated. Heck, even if the suggestion is to make a new account just with a slightly different username, using a specific method.

Francis_Flinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems confirmation must be done on Gamespot, not comicvine. I have discovered this. So, good news for those who had that.

Got an email about it saying to confirm my email address on gamespot with a link, link worked. I realized maybe that was it, came here to check, and voila, I can post!

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3 pikahyper  Moderator

@the_crown: what's the site url in the activation link? comicvine.gamespot.com?

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

It's a really long one either way. The one that worked (which was the one to gamespot) started with https://www.gamespot.com/email-confirmation (and then a bunch of stuff) and the one which went to here, but didn't work went like this https://auth.comicvine.gamespot.com/email-confirmation (rest of text)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5 pikahyper  Moderator

@the_crown: weird, looks like something didn't update somewhere, I know activation has been a problem for a while now so hopefully they'll figure out it is broken.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper:

I hope so. At least it works somehow with Gamespot.

OdileRobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that quality users who want to join can easily sign up.

iscribble