IMPORTANT - New Bug Reporting Procedure

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cvsupport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cvsupport  Staff

TLDR: New bug reporting and feedback form: https://comicvinehelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

We realize that we haven't been as attentive as we need to be to this bug reporting forum. The fact of the matter is, our engineers don't much time to sift through this forum and respond to all of you in a timely manner.

So, to fix this and give you all the support you need, we're setting up a new bug reporting and feedback process.

We now have a dedicated team for responding to support requests and managing feedback and a new hub for doing that here: https://comicvinehelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

From now on please submit your bug reports and feedback to the forms on that site and someone will follow up with you directly. All the feedback and reports will be gathered there and passed along to the engineers.

This bug reporting forum will not be regularly monitored, when you do submit a bug report please still follow the bug reporting best practices on the stickied post here: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-2/how-to-submit-a-detailed-error-report-1861818/

We appreciate your patience with us and we really think this new process will better suit your needs.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@cvsupport: @wcarle Do we have to resubmit every bug that we've already listed in the original thread? Or has it already been done by you guys?
Because, I don't really want to spend ages sifting through the thread to find what should've been fixed by now and resubmit it.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@cvsupport: @wcarle: I'm sorry but if you are going to abandon and expect us to abandon a fully functional interactive forum in favor of an existing basic "Submit A Question" contact form on the FAQ page you're going to have to make it a hell of a lot more robust, easy to use and make what it is obvious.

Who in their right mind is going to put their real full name? it should just be the username which is actually useful when submitting a bug report, plus shouldn't the username be auto-added if you are logged in? Instead of a basic text area it needs to be a larger full editor so users can add links and images as needed, those details are extremely important. It would probably also be a good idea to include scripts in the page that automatically grab a users technical details like OS, IP, browser and browser version along with the usual Javascript on/off and other useful details just to speed things up and for those users that are not technically savvy, the page can auto gather those details and then include a checkbox at the bottom asking users if it is ok to send those details to cbs.

And I know you guys have never wanted to show your bug tracker but without the forum there really needs to be a page where we users can see open tickets, sure there will be fewer "me too" posts but if we don't know whats been reported users are going to be wasting a lot of their own time reporting things over and over again.

The_Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cvsupport: Oh yeah. I'm sure wouldn't want to submit my actual name or much personal information on there. Honestly, I'd rather just find an alternative way of dealing with my bug. We are being multiple links for a single process of submitting a bug, most sites have the actual place to submit the bug and usually the guidelines are not far away.

Plus it includes giving information I don't feel like submitting which is actually irrelevant to the bug, such as names. I rather hope this gets changed because it involves so many extra pieces that it is actually easier to make an entirely new account then submit a bug and get it answered, which is not a good sign.

KWTitan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andreasver: You can go to your profile and select the "Settings" Tab; that will allow you to change your profile notification/email settings (page down to the middle of that page)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 owie  Moderator

Just so people know, I tried this procedure about a month ago to report the fact that forum links to JPGs with spaces or unusual characters in their titles weren't working, while in the past they had. This had made all kinds of link-based respect threads filled with dead links. The engineering team responded to me by email, we emailed back and forth a few times as I gave them examples of pages with that problem and gave more details, and they said they would work on it, although they could not give me a deadline.

Today they wrote back saying it had been fixed, and lo and behold as I check around, it does appear to be fixed. So: this new process does appear to work and even gets real results.

Boofycribba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright

Boofycribba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was helpful

DVader000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was really helpful

itadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hi, i don't know if this is a bug o something else! I see that from this page for each character I can see his number of appearances on WSJ, but where do I see the images of the relative volumes in which he appears? Clicking on the number of appearances takes me back to the page where all the covers of WSJ are present and not those relating only to him.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/jotaro-kujo/4005-120011/

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pikahyper  Moderator

@itadave: I just clicked on the 211 WSJ appearances and it worked.

itadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@pikahyper ok now it works, I was clicking on the image and not on the number, thanks

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pikahyper  Moderator

@itadave: ya the image always goes to the main volume & all issues in that volume, you always have to click the number link below it.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#40  Edited By fables87

Not sure if this was brought up or not, but I can't edit the character type under characters.

vevans0009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The character search page is broken. Can't even specifiy what things I want searched it just went back to the latest characters added.

Avatar image for franziskajimenez2
FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When are you going to fix the Filter Results bug? I have done everything, as much as possible to see if you are going to fix the error ... but despite sending a message through CBSI Secure to see if you do something ... you do not answer if you are doing it or not ... I think that if you are going to fix the web's problems ... ignoring people's problems or leaving them to fix themselves is not going to work ...

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pikahyper  Moderator
fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Avatar image for franziskajimenez2
FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb56d7a76901
deactivated-5eb56d7a76901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks!!!

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey fellas,

Does CV just not allow us to insert YouTube videos anymore? I can't insert any YouTube video

Ellisconnor666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can we fix it

vevans0009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers