Domino and "Am I just being limited or is this site being janky?"

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By htpss1977

So I want to remove Domino from being listed in Marvel Zombies and Marvel Zomnibus Returns. If I try to edit her comics page directly, it's blank. If I try to go to each issue and edit it independently, it won't let me go to the second page of characters (where Domino obviously is.) That just refreshes the page for some reason. If I go to the second page outside of edit mode and then go into edit mode, it starts me on the first page.

I want to do this because someone confused Shriek for her. It's clearly her and not Domino; look at the costume. I'd upload a picture if I could.

I looked around a bit to try and see if this is how you limit new users' editing but I couldn't tell. It's not like me to search to the ends of the Earth before asking someone directly so here you go. This might not be the right place to post this exactly but I can't really tell.

Asking me not to be profane is like asking a songbird not to sing. I hope it's alright to cuss up a storm as long as it's not on the forums and directed at someone. Otherwise, I'm instantly getting banned, lmao.

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By htpss1977

@htpss1977: So 5 days and no response. I think Shriek has been added to the page but I'm not sure because trying to check edit history is really obtuse or it's another thing that just straight-up doesn't work. So either someone saw this and said "oh yeah i remember shriek now", didn't bother to respond, and apparently I missed Domino somewhere else or she was already there.

So I got the novel idea the other day to see if I could remove Domino by trying to add her again : "Hey, maybe, this is some kind of work-around for the spaghetti code that the mods added"

And bravo, that appears to be the case!
And bravo, that appears to be the case!

But nope, it's not and it gives me an error that says the character is already there.

To do my due diligence- because proving that Domino wasn't in Marvel Zombies Issue #5 (2015) is apparently now my raison d'être now- I have once again scanned the comic for any secret Dominos.

Spoilers, I guess, whatever.

Let's look at some zombie group shots now that I can post images:

That's Shriek.
That's Shriek.
One of these could be Domino despite looking like generic zombies, IDK, lol
One of these could be Domino despite looking like generic zombies, IDK, lol
Hey, here's Shriek again.
Hey, here's Shriek again.
Here's Shriek drawn with slightly more detail. And a MYSTERIOUS FIGURE in the background.... Could it be... Domino?
Here's Shriek drawn with slightly more detail. And a MYSTERIOUS FIGURE in the background.... Could it be... Domino?
And here's the backside- of Shriek!
And here's the backside- of Shriek!
Domino could definitely be somewhere in here, you got me there.

Now this is less about Domino being in this comic or not because I don't know, I could have glazed over her head laying on the ground somewhere that ol' Hawkeye peeped out. Pretty sure she's not but whatever. (Also, if removing her from an issue doesn't automatically remove her from the Omnibus including that issue or vice verse then lmao.)

It's more about "Why can't I make this minute change?" I thought the "Page Needs Help" button was for articles that were horribly underwritten and inaccurate and not "Mods, please work your techno-wizardry, I want to remove a single character from something."

And now let me ask about your follow-up question, what is this site's policy on tracking deaths? Sure, I get not tracking every single alternate reality death as a standard because that'd be a nightmare (though surely there are some blurred lines there.)

I've noticed a LOT of deaths unaccounted for, like, a ton. And I'm wondering, is there any particular reason? If there's a standard to meet, I didn't see it in the rules or a pinned thread on editing or whatever.

Domino has NEVER died before.
Spoilers for X-Force 2020 but when you have a cover like this, you kind of know what you're getting into.
Spoilers for X-Force 2020 but when you have a cover like this, you kind of know what you're getting into.
This, uh, not dead enough for you?
Or does this not count because she's immediately revived an issue after because comicbooks?
Or does this not count because she's immediately revived an issue after because comicbooks?

See, now, this is an edit I *COULD* make but, I don't know, this place is weird and I'm on thin ice already. I generally have no idea how much I'm being limited, how much of this site even works and how to edit certain things, what the policies on editing (DEATHS) are, etc

Just what the HECK is going on here?

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My edits attempting to make this more readable aren't working. Formatting on this website gives me a migraine.

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, so 6 days of radio silence and I decided to just go to the individual issue and remove her there (God forbid if there's ever an individual issue that fills up more than one page of characters because that would be a nightmare to edit) and apparently, that does automatically remove her from the Omnibus because I got a different error when I tried to edit it this time! Good to know! I wouldn't know!

So now it needs to be reviewed and either 1) I spent days in angst over something I could have just solved by waiting and removing her from the issue 2) I'm outright just wrong

I don't know which is worse. Can you tell I'm going to be annoying yet?

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5 KillerZ  Moderator

Yeah us wiki mods are notorious for not reading forums that often, sorry for late reply. The long character list is bugged and reports have been sent to the tech people who are the only ones who have powers to change anything, we mods ourselves deal with the bugs as regular people.

No Caption Provided

One way I have managed to remove characters from the long list is to add the character again so that "character already on the list" thing appears then press "ok". Nothing changes right then, another change must be made, like just adding space to description and then "done" in that, then the character removal appears on the side, and page can be saved.

I removed Domino from Marvel Zomnibus Returns.

PS: Swearing is not allowed, but I didn't spot any here, so safe for now.

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerz said:

One way I have managed to remove characters from the long list is to add the character again so that "character already on the list" thing appears then press "ok". Nothing changes right then, another change must be made, like just adding space to description and then "done" in that, then the character removal appears on the side, and page can be saved.

I removed Domino from Marvel Zomnibus Returns.

I noticed both things.

@killerz said:

PS: Swearing is not allowed, but I didn't spot any here, so safe for now.

Any!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

@htpss1977: Yeah they try to keep the forums kid friendly.

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerz said:

@htpss1977: Yeah they try to keep the forums kid friendly.

Don't uh, look at my lists and post history, alright?

No Caption Provided
htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now this, I have to ask about:If I could have added a picture, I would have.
Now this, I have to ask about:If I could have added a picture, I would have.

Now this is less about Domino being in this comic or not because I don't know, I could have glazed over her head laying on the ground somewhere that ol' Hawkeye peeped out. Pretty sure she's not but whatever. (Also, if removing her from an issue doesn't automatically remove her from the Omnibus including that issue or vice verse then lmao.)

It's more about "Why can't I make this minute change?" I thought the "Page Needs Help" button was for articles that were horribly underwritten and inaccurate and not "Mods, please work your techno-wizardry, I want to remove a single character from something."

And now let me ask about your follow-up question, what is this site's policy on tracking deaths? Sure, I get not tracking every single alternate reality death as a standard because that'd be a nightmare (though surely there are some blurred lines there.)

I've noticed a LOT of deaths unaccounted for, like, a ton. And I'm wondering, is there any particular reason? If there's a standard to meet, I didn't see it in the rules or a pinned thread on editing or whatever.

Like, I literally a posted a picture of the page here. So again, I must reiterate: What is this site's policy on tracking deaths?

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

@htpss1977: The policy is adding correct issues. I'm assuming you didn't double check the issue itself, as the images you provide of her death are not from #7, I don't know where they are from as I haven't read X-Men comics for a long time, but I specially double-checked that issue and those are not from there.

Edit: Found the images, they happened in issue #8. So the edit was still wrong.

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerz said:

@htpss1977: The policy is adding correct issues. I'm assuming you didn't double check the issue itself, as the images you provide of her death are not from #7, I don't know where they are from as I haven't read X-Men comics for a long time, but I specially double-checked that issue and those are not from there.

Edit: Found the images, they happened in issue #8. So the edit was still wrong.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooops.