User Lists: 0

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#453 pikahyper  Moderator

@ultimate_knight: things might improve, if they do I won't be as inclined to leave.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@ultimate_knight: things might improve, if they do I won't be as inclined to leave.

Okay. That is good again. Thank you again for your contributions to this site.

jazz1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I was wondering if "things" and "locations" should add publishers to the info box?

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 13

I suggest that we not allow them to change fonts ever again.

Cypher7850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#458  Edited By Cypher7850

TBH.. I don't know if this was suggested. But a Reading Order section for Comic book characters would be nice.

Cypher7850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp I thought of this when I was sorting out my Doctor Who DVD collection.. Since the Doctor's chronology is complicated, I'd like the task of creating the Reading Order for him (should this feature be implanted).

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Next to Team, Friends, Enemies. Maybe have a tab for alternate versions.

So say I am on Batman's wiki page. I go to this tab and I can find the wiki page for Batman of Earth-22 or Batman of Earth-17. It would make finding alternate versions easier.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 pikahyper  Moderator

@_gaff_: alts generally do not get their own pages.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_: alts generally do not get their own pages.

But some do. Should they be deleted?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 pikahyper  Moderator

@_gaff_: the ones that exist are for a reason and there are not nearly enough of them to warrant adding a feature like you suggested.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_: the ones that exist are for a reason and there are not nearly enough of them to warrant adding a feature like you suggested.

Oh ok.

Why doe some alts get pages and others do not?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@_gaff_: Some meet certain criteria that we have defined, mainly it is based on how different they are followed by number of appearances and in other instances they are added by staff who can do whatever they want.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking for a specific post of mine earlier I knew the date I posted it on, but I had to wage like 10 pages to narrow down the time correctly.

When viewing post history, it might be useful to be able to restrict by date.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To have a mobile version or an app so that way pictures can be added to the battle form access your account etc honestly this imo in the main thing that needs to be done

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 87

Possibly a video-game section for the wiki as there are many comic-related video games which could be added

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 pikahyper  Moderator
cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: eh maybe, the version number was for the thread not the site, the site is probably almost double digits. I doubt anything was implemented in these ten pages so might as well leave it be.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other for a creator's gender choices

BB

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

#475  Edited By SlamAdams  Online

EDIT - nevermind, this was said a few posts up

TheMemeMan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Any chance we're gonna be getting this back? I really miss it.

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477  Edited By SpiderFan130666

For those who create their own pages, can they have the ability to lock them if they get out of hand?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be helpful if you had a way to search by a term based on most recently used.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm back again. Bring back the dark theme.

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#480  Edited By jacdec

In the volume wiki page, which does not contain any image, you could use the volume logo which is often graphically interesting.

For example:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I really appreciate the openness of Comic Vine to non-American comics, but in this perspective the language problem has not really been taken into account.

I think it would be interesting, at the level of the detail of the volumes, to create a specific field for the language of the volume, possibly a field for the original language and one for the translation language.

It would also be interesting to propose a field to indicate the geographical origin of the volume, either the country or the subcontinent.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@jacdec said:

I really appreciate the openness of Comic Vine to non-American comics, but in this perspective the language problem has not really been taken into account.

I think it would be interesting, at the level of the detail of the volumes, to create a specific field for the language of the volume, possibly a field for the original language and one for the translation language.

It would also be interesting to propose a field to indicate the geographical origin of the volume, either the country or the subcontinent.

There should be themes/categories for that.

Just like there are existing themes for "Foreign", "Translated", "Manga" and "Golden/Silver/Bronze/Modern Age" (US) comics. The "Foreign" theme just hasn't always been used in the past. However, it'd be great to define volumes as "French", "Italian", "German" publications.

I'd also love to add foreign solicitations but IIRC I was once told there is some policy that doesn't allow it.

borateen0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this is the place to do this. Since Comic Book Database went down however many years ago, I've been searching for a site where I can check a creator's bibliography in order to figure out which comics I have/need. Grand Comic Database is a great site, but it's a pain to navigate when searching creators. I've been drawn to Comicvine, and it works WONDERFULLY...but I have one suggestion to make it work better.

When I pull up a creator's wiki and view all of the issues they've "appeared" in, I think it would be helpful to sort those issues by alphabetical order rather than having to view the list number of issues per title from greatest to least.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 pikahyper  Moderator

@borateen0: Technically the site has that functionality, it's just been broken for a few years.

TheMemeMan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Any chance we're gonna be getting this back? I really miss it.

Still wondering about this.

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 87

The addition of a 'non-binary' or 'other' option to the gender section on creator profiles, rather than using 'unknown', would be very helpful

borateen0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@borateen0: Technically the site has that functionality, it's just been broken for a few years.

Who do we have to pester to get that fixed?

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#488  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

@borateen0: Do you mean like this? A bit more steps but it can be done now under Volumes.

No Caption Provided
htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The addition of a 'non-binary' or 'other' option to the gender section on creator profiles, rather than using 'unknown', would be very helpful

Is this another one of your riddles?

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made it a thread to gauge reaction but it bears repeating:

Can there be a filter system when looking at the general catalog?

(This is also literally me asking if that's able to be programmed in. Either answer I get will make me angry for different reasons.)

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made it a thread to gauge reaction but it bears repeating:

Can there be a filter system when looking at the general catalog?

(This is also literally me asking if that's able to be programmed in. Either answer I get will make me angry for different reasons.)

In a similar vein, can there be a filter system for issues so that I don't have to scroll through Spanish versions of comics, omnibuses, special encyclopedia books, etc and can actually just look for individual issues that a character, item, writer/artist is relevant?

In addition, a searchbar in the "issues" page would also help.

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By htpss1977

CSRF token seems to be broken if you try to make a large list all at once (barely <100.) If you try to refresh the page, you'll, of course, lose all the additions. I guess I should I have seen this coming but still, very, very, very, very, very, etc, etc annoying.

EDIT: Still wouldn't post after I cut it down to 41. Maybe it's because my Internet cut out during the making of it? I don't know how this stuff works. I'll just make a new list and copy from the old one at this point and let the webpage go to digital Hell where I guess half of Comicvine's spaghetti coding lies like some ethereal rooting.

EDIT 2: Now I'm remembering how the generally terrible search feature doesn't have a category function so I have to rely on keywords that it doesn't recognize in order to get what I want (I'm not.) I've had to go "screw it, I don't mean the first issue ever, I mean the series or the team or the character just pretend i linked to that" in the original list half a dozen times because I got sick of scrolling through tiny lists of like 6 things. Somehow I found the Fantastic Four (TEAM) the first time, this time, I guess I'm not so lucky! Oh, speak of the Devil. Right as I was complaining about it, I find it.

HINT: if you ever want to make a list involving the TEAM called the Fantastic Four, type "fantastic four" (it being in all lowercase is important, for some reason, I guess) and go to the fourth or fifth page and you'll find it.

Am I playing an old adventure game on this site or something?

EDIT 3: Just noticed that you can add a duplicate character to an unranked list multiple times which is dumb and pointless. Accidentally doing that might have actually broken my list but again, who knows what we're dealing with.

EDIT 4: Realized that I should have made a post on the dedicated bug reporting board. Oops. Sorry. I forget this place has one and go straight to whining here. I have given up on finishing my list tonight because it's given me a headache.

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By htpss1977

To make up for that last post which is ostensibly about a bug of some kind and not a way to improve Comicvine, let me make up for it with an actual suggestion.

We here, as Comicvine contributors, face a Sisyphean task in being up-to-date in archiving and cataloging one of the mass-produced form of media known to man (along everything else under the sun) on a site made, God who knows how long ago, 20 years?

I think to maintain a userbase full of people who actively want to help maintain the Wiki, you should start handing handing out Wiki points more like Skittles and less like Purple Hearts.

If you make a suggestion to edit a page only a mod can do and they do it, you get a variable amount of points (based on what it is; like editing a page.) If you make a suggestion to change the site in some way and the site staff does it, you get a select amount of points. If you slap a clearly under-written page with a "Page needs help" and somebody adds a bunch of stuff to it, you get a variable amount of points.

I feel like you have two fistfuls of sterling boys out there dedicated to obsessively cataloguing their niches (two fists per niche, meaning) and a lot of people coming-and-going after they develop a chronic migraine disorder. This might keep more people around for longer until they get to the coveted 5,000 & 10,000 point benchmarks. I'm fine with keeping those benchmarks so absurdly high as long as there are more ways to obtain them from helping the site.