Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- The Vampire's Corpse

Dr. William Cochrane had never seen anything like it. He was called in to monitor a corpse that was deemed important by the authorities. However, the autopsy had been examined that the corpse didn't turn out to be human at all. In fact, both fangs were shown on the front side of its open mouth, and this made the doctor himself laughed. Luckily, he was alone in the autopsy room. And besides, one of his assistants had just gone out to take a short break.

Dr. Cochrane had no words to say about the thing, which still laid on the table before him.

Christ! The doctor thought. Here I am, laughing at this thing. As if he had no respect for the dead. But as it turned out that the so-called vampire used to be an important figure in the vampire world. As a kid, William, or Will had read several Anne Rice books to understand the true nature of these beings. But he never thought in all his years, that he would finally meet a real vampire in dead flesh.

But the problem was the doctor never believed in that kind of $h!t. After all, he was a man of science. There has to be a good explanation for all this hocus pocus thing. Except it wasn't a witch that he had to deal with.

He laughed again at the thought of it, and still couldn't believe that the authorities actually thought the corpse was a vampire. His assistant finally arrived from her break.

"Is there something funny?" Sally Doorman said. Sally used to date with a lot of guys back in college, including Dr. William Cochrane. But Will never had real interest in knowing the real Sally Doorman. No, he just wanted to have sex.

The doctor looked away from the corpse. "Oh, Sally. I didn't realize you were here."

"Um... I was on a break. Remember?"

"Yes... I do remember." He looked back at the corpse.

"So..." Sally said slowly. "What do you make of our new friend?" The doctor still stared at the corpse. He imagined that it was coming alive, and sink its teeth into his throat.

"Will? The doctor came back to his senses, and looked at his beautiful assistant. "Oh, sorry. I was just wondering..."

"Hmm... I see you're having a hard time, believing in vampires."

"Are you serious?" The doctor sounded surprised. "Don't even tell me."

"Well... there had been stories of them. I'm not sure if they were real or not. But the Supernatural Bulletin said..."

"Oh, come on, Sally. You don't read that kind of crap."

Sally sighed. "I know it's a load of crap, Will. But there's some wild truth in it."

"Hmm... I had no idea, you would think that way. How long has it been?" At that statement, Sally was confused. "What do you mean?"

This time, the doctor sighed. "You know what I mean. Us..."

"Oh yeah. That... It had been a long time. You never wanted to know the real me."

"Yes... And I do apologize for that. But..."

"But what?"

The doctor got himself stumped. What else he could say about their former relationship? It had been like what? Two years ago? He remembered clearly that it ended in disaster. The doctor couldn't help himself. All the time in the world, he would have gone out with other women. But Sally was the only woman in his mind. At times, when he was working on dead bodies, he imagined Sally and himself having sex.

At the thought of that, he felt a hard on. Crap!

"Are you blushing?" Sally said. The doctor laughed a little. "No. Let's get back to work."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was confirmed that the corpse had turned out to be a real vampire. Will thought, A dead vampire. Christ! He was back at home, and still thinking about it. What else he would have to discover the world of the supernatural? In this day and age, he would never believe in such things. Not even God himself.

He got up from the couch, and called Sally on the phone. He hoped that she would come over at his place, and do a little of bit of serious talk.

It's time I get to know the real Sally. It was still ringing. Come on... Come on. The phone was finally picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey Sally..."

"Oh, it's you. What do you want?"

"I just wanted to say..." He paused for a while and then said, "Why don't you come over? We can have a serious discussion."

"About what?"

"Oh, you know..." On the other end of the line, Sally rolled her eyes. She already knew what this call was all about. "Okay... I'll come over." She hanged up the phone. Will felt relieved, and looked down at his pants. You better not rise up, buddy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was two hours now that Sally hadn't arrived yet. Will thought, What's taking her so long? He called her several times. But there was still no answer. Hmm... This is strange. Usually, she takes the call whenever I call her. Is she ignoring me?

Maybe she is, someone said. Will looked down angrily. Oh, shut up. He put the phone back, and went to his room to get dressed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William came back to the hospital. He figured that Sally might have gone to check on things, regarding the dead patients. There was always used to be an on-call nowadays. But not this late. After all, it was 11 pm. He looked at the security guard and said, "Is Sally here?" The guard who turned out to be black, had just nodded.

"Oh... Thanks." He went there, and noticed that Sally was staring at the corpse.

"Sally?" She made no reply. Will looked at her, and realized that she was sort of staring into space. He snapped his fingers twice. Then Sally came back to her senses. "Huh?"

"Are you alright? I've been trying to call you. What happened?"

"Oh... I was driving along the way until someone called."

The doctor was confused. "Who?"

Sally looked at him. "Um... I don't know."

"Wait? Didn't one of the staff call you?"

"No... I don't think so."

Will looked at the corpse, and wondered what Sally was actually doing here.

"I swear, Will," Sally said. "I think someone called me. It was like in a whisper or something. At first, I didn't know what that was. But I..." She paused.

"You mean... you were hypnotized?"

Sally looked at him, and then nodded.

"Hmm... You seemed to be hypnotized alright. But by what?" Then he looked back at the corpse.

That's not possible, Will thought, knowing that vampires could hypnotize their victims. He's completely dead. Or is he? Then he looked back at Sally. "I think we need to leave our new friend alone for a while. What do you say?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at his apartment, Will and Sally had a serious discussion over late-night dinner. Then they went to bed and had sex. For the first time in his life, Will have finally became a grown man. Not like one of those college boys, who were looking to have a good time. He laughed at the thought of it, and went back to sleep. But there was someone else there, calling Sally again in whispers. At the sound of it, she opened her eyes and stared at the doctor.

Will opened his eyes as well, and smiled. "Are you thinking of a second round?" But Sally didn't say anything to that. Instead, she bit his throat.

The doctor screamed and fell down from the bed. He covered his throat, and stared at Sally at the same time.

"Sally! What the hell! What's..." Sally punched him before he could say anything else. He even tried to fight back. But Sally was too strong for him. He thought, Dear God... when did she become this strong?

By using extreme force, Will managed to punch her face. He got up, and planned to call the police. But Sally bit him on the leg. He screamed again.

Someone knocked on the door and said, "Hey! Is everything okay in there? I've been trying to sleep." There were others who had also woken up. Will kept screaming until he stopped. Sally called out, "Oh... it's the TV. Sorry about that." The tenants shook their heads, and went back to their rooms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the hospital, Sally came back to the autopsy room. She opened the vial of Will's blood, and then poured it. A few minutes later, the corpse moved...

Next story- The Darkling.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited