Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE WORKS OF AN ORIGINAL FICTION.

Immortality: Tales of the Undead- There's Something About Lucy

There's something about Lucy. I remember that I've dated her a long time back, and that I could have done anything for her. But in those days, they were long gone. It was only a matter of time, when I realized that I had to move out, since I got a new job at the IT company. For many years now, I've been working there, and then gradually got promoted to an IT manager. Handling the operations of a company was tough business, and there were no distractions. But when I was on the way home, I couldn't believe my eyes that I just saw Lucy standing there, hitchhiking in the middle of the road. Was I dreaming here?

To say the least, the trouble was that I couldn't concentrate on anything else. Of course, it had to be Lucy. She was a pretty girl in high school, and most guys like nerds and jocks would date her occasionally. "There was something about her alright," one of my friends had said. Yeah, that was true. But I couldn't be sure of what everyone had said about the girl. She seemed strange to me, and yet still beautiful. I didn't know what else to say about her. There was one time that my friend, Greg would tell me to hang out with her for a while, and I said, "No." Because I was kinda shy to even ask her out. But later on, I did it finally, just to impress my friends. However, one guy named Steve, who used to date her a long time back, said to me, "Dude, there's something wrong about Lucy." That word "wrong" somehow send red flags to my mind, and I asked him, "What's wrong with her?" He said, "I took her out to some restaurant. She didn't eat anything. I was the only one who ate." But then I said to him, "Well... Maybe she wasn't hungry?" Steve said, "Yeah, I thought of that. I even asked her, "You're not hungry?" and she said, "No." Then she took me to her house. Dude, that place was creepy." Then he stopped. I assume that he couldn't say anything else about Lucy. The fact remains clear that he had a tough time understanding her and her strange surroundings. She was a beautiful girl alright. Anyone would want to go out with her. Even I did it a couple of times already. But she never took me to her house before. So I didn't know what else to expect from her.

I asked Steve what the house looked like, and whether or not, it was messy. Steve said it was fine, and it looked quite big. But the creep factor had just kicked in, when he noticed that there were inverted crosses on the walls. There were also stains on the ground that looked like dried blood, as if it were some animal that got killed there, or even eaten by something. He wasn't sure about that. But I used to remember my Sunday school teacher said something about these crosses. They actually meant devil worship and among other forbidden things.

But then again, the idea of devil worship didn't occur to me when it came to Lucy herself. And you'd wonder why a pretty girl like her would set-up inverted crosses in every single wall of her house. Even Steve didn't know, and didn't dare to ask her. He was practically the only person to witness Lucy's house, and that he wanted to get out of there.

So, I thought of going to her house, just to check out Steve's story. Steve had been telling almost everyone back in school that something was up with Lucy. It seemed that Lucy had lost her parents, and that she lived alone for quite a while. She even barely came to school. There were other times, she just popped in one of my classes, sitting there, as if she were bored to death. When I looked at her, she winked at me in a sexy way. And I was like, "Oh, my God, she's actually winking at me." I told this to my friends, and they were kind of jealous, because she never winked at them. When I dated her again, she finally took me to her house. Steve was right. The house was creepy.

I looked around the house. Lucy said that she lived alone throughout her life, and that she didn't have a problem with it. There were times that I have been wanting to ask her about the inverted crosses, and not to mention the dried stains on the ground. But I couldn't bring myself to do so. I guess I was scared to the point that I wanted to scream, and get the hell out of her house. Besides, it was way too much for me.

But Lucy and I had intimate moments. Yes, we had sex in her bedroom. It was the best moment of my life. Gradually, I ignored the morbid atmosphere of the house, and focused on Lucy herself. We were lying naked, breathing after having rough sex. I wasn't sure the sex was rough though, but it was still great. When we did it the first time, it was slow and steady. Then the second time, it got rougher by the moment that I wanted to have sex with her again, the third time. Man, I could still remember that.

But the years passed and I have decided that I couldn't hang out with her anymore. In those days, you have to realize that some things have got to go. My parents taught me to become a responsible man, and one's life can't always have the freedom to go around boozing, and having wild parties all the time. There were limits, of course. So I got serious about my studies, when I applied to several colleges in order to pursue my degree in the IT field. It wasn't easy, and I hoped that I wouldn't get distracted by Lucy's strange presence. I was glad that I didn't see her again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time, I graduated from college, I applied for a position at the IT company, more like IT support for call centers. The thought of Lucy had never come to my mind. But there were moments that I could see her, standing there, smiling at me, and then, when she was about to strip her clothes off, I gasped, and almost screamed because there were other people working in the office. It was truly embarrassing that I could actually see her there. But then, she was gone. It was just my imagination.

I got married to a beautiful woman named Alicia, and it had been 2 years that we've been together. I met her in some IT convention, which she turned out to be a software engineer. I had those moments, wondering that I could eventually get Lucy out of my mind, because I didn't want her to jeopardize my new life. I had been dating Alicia often, and even had sex with her. It was nothing like I had with Lucy about 20 years ago. At times, when I had sex with my wife, I imagined Lucy standing there, watching us in our own bedroom. But her appearance was entirely different, and almost unrecognizable, even though I knew it was actually her. She was naked and fully covered in dirt, as if she had risen from her own grave. I screamed.

Alicia asked me, "What's wrong?" And I said "Nothing." I didn't want to tell her this, because it could make her angry. What would she think? That I was dreaming about my ex-girlfriend back in high school, who didn't even age? That would sound totally absurd, and wrong. I just couldn't tell her.

But when I came to the bar, and told my friends about it, they were shocked by the fact, that I was still thinking about Lucy. After all these years, they never thought of Lucy because there was something wrong about her, and they just wanted to forget about it. Even I wanted to forget about it. But it was too intense for me. Lucy still had that blonde hair, and wore the same clothes as usual. Sometimes, she had worn something different, entirely. Other times, I saw her wearing the same thing like almost everyday. It looked like she didn't have enough clothes at home, or the laundry didn't work properly, laugh out loud. Yeah, there was something strange about Lucy.

At the time, Alicia had found out that I had dated a girl named Lucy back in high school. She asked me why I didn't tell her before. Because I told her that it wouldn't matter, since it happened a long time ago. But Alicia couldn't have it. And I asked her, how did she find out about Lucy. She said that one of her co-workers named Stephanie, who used to go to the same high school as me, told her. I guess I wasn't surprised about that one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two years later, Alicia and I got divorced because she couldn't handle my... erotic dreams anymore. I told her that it was just a dream, and that it shouldn't affect our marriage. How is that even possible for a smart and beautiful woman like Alicia could leave me alone, just for the sake of an erotic dream? It wasn't like I have been physically cheating on her, right? Yeah, I was too angry and frustrated at the same time. One night, I came back home from work, and got myself drunk. I figured if I drink at the bar first, I might suffer a car accident along the way. I wouldn't want that.

I sat alone on the couch, watching some football game, when someone knocked on the door. I got up from the couch, and thought it could be my friend, who came here to give me some company, Of course, I told Greg about the divorce, and he had said that he was sorry to hear it. Besides, there was nothing I could have done to stop having those erotic dreams. I even tried not to think about them.

Anyways, I opened the door, expecting my friend. But it turned out to be Lucy herself, wearing the same clothes as before, like I found myself back in time to that same day when I first I met her. She said "Hi," and I was like speechless. I wasn't sure if this was all a bad dream, and yet here she was, in the flesh.

The last time when I came home from work, I saw her hitchhiking on the road, alone. Later on, I heard the news that a guy who picked up a girl, was found dead in the car, somewhere along the highway. The police had said the victim's blood was completely drained. I was shocked.

I invited her into the house. I guess the reason why I did it, because I felt lonely. Then she sat besides me, and talked about her life, and what she had been doing for all these years. I just listened.

Yeah, there was something about Lucy alright. Something strange, and yet she still looked the same, and beautiful as always. Now that she's staying with me, I hope I wouldn't be found dead the next day, completely drained.

Next story- A Trip Down to Memory Lane.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited