The knights of Ren are complete fodder and vastly beneath inquisitors

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ieatnettles

The knights of Ren were always considered rlly weak, but looking at their material again I realized that they're absolutely terrible, and I will attempt to explain that in this short thread

Vader vs Ren

In a recent comic, Darth Vader and Ren exchange blows, but it is clear that Vader isn't rlly trying, as he is mocking/talking the whole time, something he doesn't rlly do if hes serious:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The dialogue from Vader also makes it clear that he thinks that the kor (knights of Ren) and Ren are complete jokes, saying they are 'pathetic rabble' and have 'fallen far'

A significant point from this is that Vader says Ren isn't even worthy of wielding a red lightsaber, implying he may think hes sub inquisitor (the weakest inquisitor as well).

So in conclusion to this point:

While fighting the leader of the kor (who is consistently portrayed as much stronger as the others), Vader comes to the conclusion that he's sub any inquisitor, and he's pathetic fodder

Knights Of Ren Struggle To Lift Lava

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This speaks for itself. The whole group struggles to move some lava. This is absolute garbage in terms of force feats, showing these fodder are barely even force sensitive. This further shows that the kor are massively sub inquisitor, and likely beneath an average Padawan individually.

Ren Struggling To Soften His Fall

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Meanwhile:

No Caption Provided

-Jedi fallen order

The second sister (who isn't even that strong of an inquisitor based on the novel battle scars were the fifth brother beats cal quite easily, a cal who has had growth after he beat trilla), effortlessly softens her fall

So the second sister is far above the leader of the knights of Ren in power, and he in turn is far above his followers.

Canon Statements

Credits to thevivas for these:

All of these statements describe the knights of rens power as extremely limited, further showing that their intended to be extremely weak

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In Conclusion

The knights of Ren struggle to do even the simplest of force feats, and are consistently portrayed as massively sub inquisitors

Ben solo gets beat up by some of these guys, and him being unarmed doesn't change anything. If he was massively above them he would be able to easily destroy them even if unarmed, as we see dooku in s3 of the clone wars dance around ventress while unarmed

So Ben solo is also in the bin with these fodders

Thanks for reading

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wolfrazer  Online

I mean it's obvious when they are literally referred to as weak/nothing special with The Force, a few of their members barely being able to touch it and being basically noted as just sort of a group of thugs.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it's obvious when they are literally referred to as weak/nothing special with The Force, a few of their members barely being able to touch it and being basically noted as just sort of a group of thugs.

Could u post the statement? Some people argue them very high for some reason, I was aware of that statement I just couldn't find it

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wolfrazer  Online

@ieatnettles: I believe Frozen has the quotes on hand. Or Eredin.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xogenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The knights of Ren struggle to do even the simplest of force feats, and are consistently portrayed as massively sub inquisitors

Ben solo gets beat up by some of these guys, and him being unarmed doesn't change anything. If he was massively above them he would be able to easily destroy them even if unarmed, as we see dooku in s3 of the clone wars dance around ventress while unarmed

Facts.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles said:

Facts.

W

scarlet_death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 scarlet_death  Moderator

@ieatnettles: Post threads like this in "Feats and Analysis".

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ieatnettles: Post threads like this in "Feats and Analysis".

Sorry, forgot it was there

Is there any way to move the thread?

scarlet_death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 scarlet_death  Moderator
TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wolfrazer said:

@ieatnettles: I believe Frozen has the quotes on hand. Or Eredin.

👍

Although they are all skilled and dangerous warriors, Luke Skywalker tells the Knights that they are clumsy and untrained, using the dark side like a hammer:

Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren Issue 2
Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren Issue 2

This unfortunately isn't the only time this is mentioned, as even after this moment in the timeline members such as Vicrul are stated as "powerful though untrained in the ways of the dark side" by StarWars.com:

A powerful but untrained user of the dark side of the Force, Vicrul sees himself as a harvester, using his vicious ultrasonic scythe to cut down enemies and take their souls to augment his own power.

Source: Star Wars Databank, Vicrul

And his entry in the Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary echoes this and tells us he has a "lack of Force-training" and that his abilities come "unbidden and uncontrolled" due to his "latent Force abilities":

No Caption Provided

-- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary

Another Knight of Ren, Ap'leck, has his Force powers described as nascent, meaning "just coming into existence", "beginning to display signs of future potential":

No Caption Provided

-- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary

The Knights are described as having limited, untrained Force powers:

No Caption Provided

-- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, The Galactic Guide

The Knights are described as having a "blunted" connection to the Force:

The Knights of Ren are an evil band of mercenaries, who all have a blunted connection to the dark side of the Force.

No Caption Provided

-- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles, New Edition

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: thank you, very much appreciated, will add these now👍

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@thevivas: It's even worse by the fact this being some decades later and yet they still haven't progressed. They're still dogwater at their power set?...Sure formal training from a teacher would help, but it's not exactly needed if you have some 30 years to develop it on your own through trial and error.

The KoR are just....very disappointing, I guess I won't knock them too harshly on their fighting skill...but even there, it's by comparison to their Force abilities which isn't great. I'm not even sure why they have Force abilities, if this is what they have.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: It's even worse by the fact this being some decades later and yet they still haven't progressed. They're still dogwater at their power set?...Sure formal training from a teacher would help, but it's not exactly needed if you have some 30 years to develop it on your own through trial and error.

The KoR are just....very disappointing, I guess I won't knock them too harshly on their fighting skill...but even there, it's by comparison to their Force abilities which isn't great. I'm not even sure why they have Force abilities, if this is what they have.

They had a great framework to being either a great team or some of the better "fodder" out there, but anyone handling them just dropped the ball. For anything good they get, they get three things negative about them to answer it. It seems stuff like comics and novelizations want them to be good, but any sort of secondary or supplementary sources always try to remind you that they can barely use the Force and aren't that well trained.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Just because they are weak in the force doesn’t mean they are weak overall. That’s like saying Rayvis is garbage because he can’t use the force.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because they are weak in the force doesn’t mean they are weak overall. That’s like saying Rayvis is garbage because he can’t use the force.

They're weak overall and in the Force. Your comparison doesn't work because they're weak because they're weak in the Force, they're just weak.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: so you’re just ignoring their combat skill?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: so you’re just ignoring their combat skill?

Considering I made this:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/thevivas/blog/knights-of-ren-respect-thread/156909/

No, I am not, but I realize I missed a word in my earlier reply. I said:

they're weak because they're weak in the Force, they're just weak.

When I was supposed to say "they're not weak because they're weak in the Force, they're just weak". As in, they're not as strong as people want them to be, they're not as strong as you'd think they'd be, and they're not as strong as they could have and should have been.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@thevivas: I see. Yeah I mean I don’t think an individual knight of Ren is as strong as an inquisitor, but I do think they’re a bit underrated. They’re not complete fodder. They’re able to go toe to toe with and arguably outmatch a group of elite bounty hunters like Bossk, Tasu Leech etc… and we’ve seen that some elite bounty hunters are able to compete with Jedi/Sith