Are you still playing Hogwarts Legacy after all the controversy?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The title says it all, are you playing it or at least still plans to?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I struggle to get myself to play games generally speaking, but yes I plan to.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

I plan to once it's on sale. I have a personal rule not to buy games over a certain price. It helps with the fact I've bought so many games that are years old that I haven't even played yet. Not to mention I hate buying a game before all the DLC's come out. Rumor is Hogwarts legacy isn't getting any and that's one reason for me to consider breaking my rule.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Even with all the controversy surrounding the game?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

@andromeda1001: I feel compelled to buy it because the controversy. I mean I was going to buy it anyway but this just adds towards it. Hell that one almost made me break my rule of not buying over a certain amount. The actions of shamming, harassment and censorship have the opposite affect on me than they would want it to have.

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't going to buy it regardless. I don't care for Harry Potter.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, who can tell me I can't? Twitter whiners? Never!

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zafros13

I’ll buy it when it’s on sale. It’s a conceptually good game.

I don’t know what bad causes Rowling is spending money to support but people commonly support worse stuff (I know that’s a bad excuse to do bad stuff, but still.) An ingredient in Doritos (and other foods) is grown by the burning down of rain forests. Tyson chicken is very bad according to Supersize Me 2. And of course oil and plastic usage.

Avatar image for deactivated-648a60c474283
deactivated-648a60c474283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The controversy doesn't influence my interest. Not into Harry Potter, but the game looked good. I'm just not likely to play it since I have less time to get into games. Last game I really put time into was Elden Ring, about a year ago. By the time I have time for games again, something else huge will be out.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Because I don't give a flying piece of dookie about what people on Twitter of all places, yell & cry about.

Yeah, who can tell me I can't? Twitter whiners? Never!

No Caption Provided

Based as usual, Ghost.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The "controversy" surrounding this game is so ridiculous. As a hardcore HP fan, I pre-purchased the game, played it through twice, and absolutely loved it.

KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I refunded because it was boring.

I swore I typed this already.

vjbthe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: bro I just read through the tweets and im like "wait, what?"

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who wants to play the game but decides not to because of JK is an idiot. Keep that same energy when you tweet about her from your iPhone created by exploiting children overseas built with cobalt from African's forced to work dangerous cobalt mines. Everyone on Earth uses something created by people who did terrible things or have beliefs that you don't align with. Grow up and think for yourself.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Harry Potter, played and bought the game, disappointed I paid full price though….. because that’s a waist of 70 bucks

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why wouldn’t I? Though I use Twitter, I’ve learned not to give a flying fuck about most of their users’ thoughts or opinions

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What happened?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WastelandMan

I already cleared the game lel. It wasn’t and still isn’t possible for me to care about any of the controversy; the entire boycott has just been an embarrassing circus to watch. It’s ineffectual, since Rowling is rich af already, counterproductive, as it served to only boost awareness/sales, and hypocritical, because there are far worse people who are inevitably supported financially by the products/media we consume everyday, among other reasons. This isn’t the first and probably won’t be the last time there’s been controversies like this, people are just dumb.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ghostodoofus2
EmperorEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EmperorEye

i saw the character creation menu, how it's basically presets, no full RGB for hair, decided to not waste my money on it.
i have elden ring, i play it with mods, why would i play this game?

but no, it's not because of bunch of trash sjw clowns.

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never was interested in Harry Potter to be honest with you.

Star Wars all the way.

DjMasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reason I haven’t bought it is because I like my gaming experience rated M and hogwarts looks like it rated K for kindergarten so I won’t get it cause I like my combat with a little more blood, plus there’s already good games out that are really long and time consuming, like Elden Ring, Wo Long, and Deadspace Remake. Coming soon this summer is Diablo 4, Dead island 2, resident evil, and silent hill remake so I probably will never buy that Harry Potter game.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but probably going to stop playing it for a bit with Resident Evil 4 coming out

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By asgardianweapon
@zafros13 said:

I’ll buy it when it’s on sale. It’s a conceptually good game.

I don’t know what bad causes Rowling is spending money to support but people commonly support worse stuff (I know that’s a bad excuse to do bad stuff, but still.) An ingredient in Doritos (and other foods) is grown by the burning down of rain forests. Tyson chicken is very bad according to Supersize Me 2. And of course oil and plastic usage.

IIRC she has supported people that said that working with Nazis is "fine". Other horrible stuff

i mean you do you but i higgly disagree.

OT: almost nobody plays this game anymore and 24% of all people received the achievement for complete the story

No Caption Provided
Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zafros13

@asgardianweapon: “IIRC she has supported people that said that working with Nazis is "fine". Other horrible stuff“

Would she be funding neo-nazi organizations? I would doubt there’s evidence that she’s aided the KKK especially since Voldemort is like a Nazi.

I have heard people say her comments are blown out of proportion which wouldn’t surprise me because the media does often do that.

Edit:

Looked some of it up and I would agree that this it does not have the malicion that people act like it is. General sentiment is being fine with gender identity and thinking discrimination is bad, but that the difference in sexes should be considered for stuff (there may be worse comments though):

https://images.app.goo.gl/g88qHsy4G83a1kLHA

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Izuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was compelled to buy it only because I don't like to be told what to do.

batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope. J.K. Rowling is a transphobic bigot therefore I'm not paying a penny for this trash game.

Also, let's be fair, Harry Potter has always been dog pile anyway. Tolkien and the Middle-Earth universe completely wipe the floor with J.K. Rowling and her uninspired hack bum.

Avatar image for ragingsaiyan101
RagingSaiyan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question is, is it any good? Tbh there's not a lot of good games out, I'm gonna get elden ring but I'm stuck with only Chiv 2, For Honor, NF Heat, and Brawlhalla.

Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with JK transphobia, the only letter in LGBT I don't like.

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HumbleGuy
@zafros13 said:

@asgardianweapon: “IIRC she has supported people that said that working with Nazis is "fine". Other horrible stuff“

Would she be funding neo-nazi organizations? I would doubt there’s evidence that she’s aided the KKK especially since Voldemort is like a Nazi.

I have heard people say her comments are blown out of proportion which wouldn’t surprise me because the media does often do that.

Edit:

Looked some of it up and I would agree that this it does not have the malicion that people act like it is. General sentiment is being fine with gender identity and thinking discrimination is bad, but that the difference in sexes should be considered for stuff (there may be worse comments though):

https://images.app.goo.gl/g88qHsy4G83a1kLHA

I think it all started with that article which said "people who menstruate" which pretty much indicates trans people rather than... well, women. She was baffled and said "There mus be a word for those people. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?".

Not sure what happened afterwards but that's how it started.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I’m not playing it because I don’t have time, but I’ve gotten a little ways into it.

The manufactured controversy is stupid though.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started out playing it and it was fun for a time. Got old quickly though and just use it as a bored game.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm not gonna let some people guilt me out of liking Harry Potter.

azraelotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#38  Edited By azraelotaku

Harry Potter was never good. Don't Alan Moore Madde fun of the author?

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably never get it. I just don't care about harry potter. I liked the first book, but couldn't bring myself to care about the second and just never bothered trying the others

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played it, loved it. Woke lunatics losing what's left of their minds over the success of the game just makes it all the sweeter. And the game hasn't even been released on old-gen consoles yet.

YuMira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fuck yes

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played and beaten it. Screw the american wokies. Bunch of hypocrite cry babies.

EstrellaDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People don't like when someone plays it? Damn, then I gotta start.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eredin12

I bought it, among other reasons, such as it being very good game, because of woke blackish against it.

Aqua1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already forgot this game existed, lol. Never played it, even though im a Harry Potter fan.

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

53 000 iq gentleman here:

i will never play the game off principle just from seeing the trailer cause i absolutely despise the idea of having a dark soul roll in a harry potter game i'm fucking tired of every game copying dark souls or arkham knight combat

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

Aqua1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Aqua1
@batstroke2000 said:

Nope. J.K. Rowling is a transphobic bigot therefore I'm not paying a penny for this trash game.

Also, let's be fair, Harry Potter has always been dog pile anyway. Tolkien and the Middle-Earth universe completely wipe the floor with J.K. Rowling and her uninspired hack bum.

A game can be also very good even if the developer is a transphobic, lol.

This has nothing to do with his skills to develop something.

Karlooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Karlooo

Games announced that Hogwarts Legacy sold over 12 million copies in first two weeks. Here is your answer. And the game hasn't even been released on old-gen consoles yet.

Herculean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I am going to play it for three reasons

• Because I love Harry Potter, in spite of the woke nonsense J.K Rowling tried to push in the last years with her claims which contradict her own writting. Harry Potter is still a good universe with very cool characters and concept, so I remain a fan.
  • The game seems to be at least good enough to give it a shot. Though I would seriously question some stuff (like Unforgivable curses having no consequences at all other than remarks)
  • Because J.K Rowling is right. A biological male should not be allowed in the same private spaces as a biological female, nor in the same sports. For obvious reasons. A trans female is also not the same as an actual female. No matter what the whole gender identity nonsense agenda may push.
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Actually I am going to play it for three reasons

• Because I love Harry Potter, in spite of the woke nonsense J.K Rowling tried to push in the last years with her claims which contradict her own writting. Harry Potter is still a good universe with very cool characters and concept, so I remain a fan.
  • The game seems to be at least good enough to give it a shot. Though I would seriously question some stuff (like Unforgivable curses having no consequences at all other than remarks)
  • Because J.K Rowling is right. A biological male should not be allowed in the same private spaces as a biological female, nor in the same sports. For obvious reasons. A trans female is also not the same as an actual female. No matter what the whole gender identity nonsense agenda may push.

Seconded.