Disney will officially stop reporting on The Marvels' gross (still below $200M after four weekends) to hide their shame.

• 156 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghostodoofus2
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Source: Comicbook.com

Saiyan_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greaaat. Now all I am waiting for is, another MCU movie to become it's saviour 😂

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Great now when will Disney give us characters we want to see a movie about?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seastone98: On the one hand I want a Doctor Doom movie that does the character justice, on the other I'd rather Disney not adapt Doom at all than adapt him poorly.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair to this movie (I’ve not seen it yet to actually judge it), it was sort of doomed before it was ever conceived. No one was gonna give Captain Marvel a try before and the constant tanking of the MCU since that time has given people more reason to not try it. I don‘t think the movie being good would have mattered either way.

@seastone98: On the one hand I want a Doctor Doom movie that does the character justice, on the other I'd rather Disney not adapt Doom at all than adapt him poorly.

Exact same thoughts about the X-Men. I don’t mind levity in my movies, but the tone of the MCU right now just would not fit in my eyes to an X-Men film.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

MCU is on the decline. Other movie's failures caused this film to not do well.

At this point, only characters like Spider-Man are guaranteed to make money at the BO if we're talking MCU.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for Doom and X-Men, considering what Fox did I don't think Disney can do any worse. Let's be real.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aystarr  Online

Fr, The Marvels has to face the bias of half the fandom and people being tired of the MCU. Sucks cuz most of the (sane) people that went to see it had a good time.

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

100% what straight fire and Aystarr said

Konohana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkrealm said:

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Saiyan_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saiyan_Ross

On other note, what kinda of movie is Marvels compared to other MCU films? I am not watching it on theatres so I am curious. Is it similar to Thor films or was it similar Doctor Strange films?

Avatar image for galacticstarsee
Galacticstarsee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Galacticstarsee

@straight-fire: yeah no captain marvel is just a d list flop character now that it has little Competition with dune 2 being postponed just imagine the divide between dune and this. It's a guaranteed flop.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@aystarr: So, anyone who's not interested in the film or simply did not enjoy it is "insane" in your mind..... if not "misogynistic" or "racist" or "Islamophobic"? Gaslighting much?

Why don't you take into account that maybe many of them have been disappointed by recent MCU entries and so have lost interest, what's so insane about that?

You know what IS insane though? Continuous consumerism which in this case is continuing to gobble up whatever Disney feeds you without question. If someone's simply not a fan of them, how is that insane? It's just someone being honest.

If someone simply responds "oh no I'm not too interested" when you ask them if they'd like to see The Marvels or "I didn't like it very much" when you ask them what their thoughts are..... would you really tell them that they are insane? You might do it on the internet but would you dare say it to their face? Do you even have as much confidence defending your arguments in person? Would you know how much of a shill for Disney you'd look if you did that?

Ridiculous.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@konohana said:

@darkrealm said:

I'm cool with Straight-fire, Aystarr on the other hand...

Asytrila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Asytrila

Wow I can't believe it is doing this horribly.

It looked fun and much better than the first. Although I must admit I still didn't have the drive to see it this weekend (I'm going next weekend). They probably shouldn't have waited this long to make a sequel, and it didn't help that her character was written to be super meh in the first one.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@straight-fire said:As for Doom and X-Men, considering what Fox did I don't think Disney can do any worse. Let's be real.

As someone who began reading comics with Doom since 2021 and have fallen in love with the character (he's my favourite villain now), I don't think "not doing worse than Fox" is enough to cut it for me. A lot of people would share this sentiment, lets be real.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By nassergrant19

Lmao

Reyne-TheAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Reyne-TheAbyss

I thought it was fine. Both this and Wakanda Forever fall into the category of "it could've been better, it could've been worse." Quantumania had better marketing, and that was garbage. I don't think making a movie of an as of yet overly loved character alongside two (predominantly) show characters was the best financial move. I think this movie could've done with introducing the new Nova Corp, namely Richard Rider. The prospect of seeing a much loved character that does already tie into the universe could've help boost CM appeal by way of proximity. Writing her well matters, or course, but the off vibe around her in the current zeitgeist needs a bit of clearing.

I anticipated garbage, initially, I started to have hope for it after a few trailers, and I can firmly say I thought it was serviceable.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reyne-theabyss: Fair assessment, honest too. No shilling, no hating, just to the point.

We need more like you.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By J_Normal

The movie was okay… not mind blowing but yeah no one was going to even give this film a shot even if it was great .

CosDaSchitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think its very good but i have a soft spot for it, it's definitely not very bad either. It's unfortunate but unsurprising that its bombing, if you ask me it deserves that 760M over Tacky's Joke and Blunder.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@cosdaschitt: Neither deserves $760M, but the fact Love and Thunder earned that much is an affront to cinema. Consumerism has taken over creativity.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@j_normal: Well, you will have a hard time convincing someone how this film is worth their time and money when they could be spending them to read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing or playing Baldur's Gate 3 this weekend.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Straight-Fire
@galacticstarsee said:

@straight-fire: yeah no captain marvel is just a d list flop character now that it has little Competition with dune 2 being postponed just imagine the divide between dune and this. It's a guaranteed flop.

Carol is probably not as popular as Disney thought, but MCU is factually not producing as much money as it used to. MCU content is dividing people now and it's not making as much money.

If that doesn't spell decline then you must be high off copium.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yeah Aystarr and Geek need to chill. I'm team CM too, but not everybody that dislikes the movie hates women.

Why does there have to be an agenda? Why can't people just dislike the film? Y'all are proving Doofus' point with that attitude.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straight-fire: Thank you.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@straight-fire said:

Fr, The Marvels has to face the bias of half the fandom and people being tired of the MCU. Sucks cuz most of the (sane) people that went to see it had a good time.

This, and the fact that it was heavily hampered in terms of promoting since none of the cast could promote the film due to the strike.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clearly not enough gay chickens. They’ll fix it next time guys

Saiyan_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saiyan_Ross

It's ironic how 'promoting' being these films made these films earn billions. Not the quality of the films themselves. 😂

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Aystarr  Online

And yeah Aystarr and Geek need to chill. I'm team CM too, but not everybody that dislikes the movie hates women.

Why does there have to be an agenda? Why can't people just dislike the film? Y'all are proving Doofus' point with that attitude.

Straight fire, quick, when did I say this?, Since you clearly wanna be picked.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Not surprised really. For a number of reasons I imagine. For starters, the character itself most likely isn't as popular as Marvel thinks it is, honestly I think not even the first would have made as much as it did hadn't they released it between IW and Endgame and made people think it was an essential watch when in fact it wasn't, not in my opinion anyway. Actually I think the second Ant-Man movie was far more essential to watch for Endgame than CM. Also the current state of the MCU have made people a lot more sceptical when it comes to checking new MCU stuff when most of them tend to be mediocre at best nowadays and from what I know, movie tickets in the US are rather expensive so people are going to think it twice before watching anything. Plus most of them are released on streaming platforms rather quickly so people can wait.

There are ways they could salvage this, like with a smaller budget for example, this way it could have been easier for it to at least break even but hopefully this will serve like a even bigger wake up call for Marvel and course correct it in time.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

@magian: The literally made Disney plus characters that nobody knows the leads of the movie and made another Love and Thunder movie. What did the expect?

Captain Marvel was nothing like this. Add in the terrible cringy trailers with Ms Marvel as focus, worst villain in MCU and what looks like a CW show. It was pretty much a bomb

They tried to pander to woman at cost of male Audience and they didn't even do it properly.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Then what do you mean? All you and Geek are doing is going around and being toxic to every person who disagrees with y'all takes.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well well well. Seems like people are finally waking the feck up and realizing MCU is a dead husk of its former self with no clear direction or planning moving forward and only objective being pushing toxic feminism and other woke BS.

Good. Screw Disney!

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Then what do you mean? All you and Geek are doing is going around and being toxic to every person who disagrees with y'all takes.

Can confirm.

"Why are you a misogynist? Did your mama leave you?" - Geek

"You watch Critical Drinker, I can't take you seriously." - Aystarr

Whether they know it or not, talking disparagingly to people who did not enjoy the film or did not want to see it and insinuating that you're the one with a problem if you have no interest in the movie rather than address the movie's shortcomings itself is lowkey gaslighting.... not that it's going to make people want to see the movie even more. This only hurts the fandom's reputation, Disney even encourages this behaviour instead of conceding to their own faults... hence they've started losing the box office war.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ironic how 'promoting' being these films made these films earn billions. Not the quality of the films themselves. 😂

Consume product and be excited for next product. Quality doesn't matter anymore when it comes to Disney movies. Some people are just too deep, it's like heroin addiction.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: Yes!!

Time to stop eating what the mouse feeds us.... and start eating the mouse himself.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:
@saiyan_ross said:

Consume product and be excited for next product. Quality doesn't matter anymore when it comes to Disney movies. Some people are just too deep, it's like heroin addiction.

That's a great analogy, consumers are not as in control as they may believe. They've been conditioned to consume without question.

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Aystarr  Online

Once again, show me the toxicity to "every person" that you're talking about, because I have only ever replied to comments @ me and talked about the movie, Your comment was not only unnecessary but also straight up wrong, and for what?, the approval of that doofus of all people?, don't be weird.

No Caption Provided

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Aystarr  Online

What did aystarr do to u?

Basically nothing, I only just made a thread about a movie and was discussing reviews with others when they came from nowhere, quoting all my comments, making "counter" threads, trying to "debate" me and all that, not knowing I have no respect for anything they have to say and literally couldn't care less what they think and they're pressed upon realizing that lol. It's really all attention seeking behavior and they're not gonna get that from me.

No Caption Provided

CosDaSchitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Critical drinker IS a massive bitch though... I find that anyone who takes him seriously is usually sympathetic to alt-right or is blatantly alt-right. Complaining about women and minorities is not the "based W" you think it is.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@cosdaschitt: "Complaining about women and minorities", statements like this do mislead others into believing he's misogynistic and racist... which he isn't. What he hates is "the message", the forcing of political agenda into modern media at the expense of stories. He doesn't hate strong female characters done right e.g. Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor, he hates Mary Sue characters that undermine the art of crafting heroic characters. He gets called a misogynist for simply ripping blatantly misandristic themes found in modern media.

What he really hates is "the message" and guess what, "the message" is more often than not represented with women and minority groups so of course he's going to appear bigoted to the untrained eye with no patience for details.

"You have to love this poorly written female/black character who has no flaws and is perfect in every way from the beginning, no hero's journey needed and we'll never see the character struggle. If you don't, you're a bigot." - but Drinker, thankfully, doesn't give a shit about being called a bigot by those virtual signalling fooles he cannot take seriously.

Have you actually watched at least five of his videos to draw such conclusion or is that opinion second-hand?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkrealm: He/she hasn't done anything personal (yet), but it's clear that we are ideologically opposed.

CosDaSchitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CosDaSchitt
@ghostodoofus2 said:

@cosdaschitt: "Complaining about women and minorities", statements like this do mislead others into believing he's misogynistic and racist... which he isn't. What he hates is "the message", the forcing of political agenda into modern media at the expense of stories. He doesn't hate strong female characters done right e.g. Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor, he hates Mary Sue characters that undermine the art of crafting heroic characters. He gets called a misogynist for simply ripping blatantly misandristic themes found in modern media.

What he really hates is "the message" and guess what, "the message" is more often than not represented with women and minority groups so of course he's going to appear bigoted to the untrained eye with no patience for details.

"You have to love this poorly written female/black character who has no flaws and is perfect in every way from the beginning, no hero's journey needed and we'll never see the character struggle. If you don't, you're a bigot." - but Drinker, thankfully, doesn't give a shit about being called a bigot by those virtual signalling fooles he cannot take seriously.

Have you actually watched at least five of his videos to draw such conclusion or is that opinion second-hand?

Yeah see that's what he claims, he claims that he has no issue with women and minorities, only the "agenda", and yet his criticism often extends to movies that are simply diverse without any "agenda". It's just an excuse/shield, maybe he does have some valid criticism for certain movies but by and large he goes after movies that only happen to be diverse, even worse if the movie happens to be diverse and poorly written, and lumps those two latter groups in with what he claims to be criticising.

It is no different from the youtube ragebaiters screaming "W0K3!!!" whenever the movie happens to have a diverse cast. And they say they are not against diversity, that they are only against the "agenda", and yet with the sheer volume of ragebait I can't help but wonder what their true motives are.

You wanna know what's a real racist/misogynist/misandrist trend/agenda? The trope of the white protagonist going to a foreign culture, adopting elements of said foreign culture and/or outperforming the foreigners at their own culture and/or banging an obligatory "exotic" love interest and/or killing many foreign men/evil ninjas. We've seen it with killbill, the wolverine comics, the wolverine movie, endgame hawkeye, the last samurai and many, many more. Of course, the demographic that loves to scream "W0K3!!!" will say that this trope does not exist/ or if it does, they dont see a problem with it. Yeah, well, in that case, this whole "woke agenda" people keep complaining about? It simply does not exist, and even if it does, there isn't much of a problem with it.

It's just another trend.

(PS: There is a valid conversation to be had about Marvel trying to market exclusively to a niche audience instead of the broader fanbase, but that's a business issue and not a "w0ke culture war" issue)

taehyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not surprised. It never really had a chance.