Do you consider Ras Al Ghul a white guy?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you consider Ras Al Ghul a white guy? (43 votes)

Yes 23%
Partially 16%
No 60%
No Caption Provided

• 
DeusExMachlna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DeusExMachlna

He is Egyptian, Caucasoid but not European, but very close. (White is an outdated term anyway) Call him Light Brown guy.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Levantine People of the region (the ones who migrated to the whole Arabian Peninsula and North Africa) were originally Light-to-Medium brown people with slightly slanted eyes, different nose shape but akin to Euros, etc, you also can search for their DNA, which clusters closer to European people, especially close to sicilians, some greek and cypriots (but are not the same).

Lebanon, North Syrians and Iraqis and some Israelis as you can search are of whiteish pallete (like, pale to a little bit darker) due to the proximity of European people causing the mixing and also not tanning as much as those in the region of that hot desert, many of them could blend in south Europe being kind of atypical but still could but keep in mind,

It's very difficult you find a ''pure arab/semitic person'' these days, like (over 85-90% dna of that region, but there are many) out there.

Ethiopians are more Sub-Saharan African leaning group with some Arab mixing, since the trades of their regions are very known for hundred of years, they even speak a semitic language.

That's it. Modern Egyptians are very close to ancient egyptians, it's likely they might even got a bit darker!

PinkDarkBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope

white=European

TheSquad554

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

LucasCosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ethnically he is arabic, so no.

But since i'm a Latino i define race by the color of the skin, and when i look at him i see White.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Made pretty clear in comics he's arabic

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as I think he was based on Moriarty and Talia was supposed to be physically based on Diana Rigg

Yes.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

White / Arabic= Caucasian.

he is Middle Eastern tho

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's always depicted as pretty white, although I never actually knew where he was from until this thread.

X-Lord16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yoroshi0
@steve40l said:

he's always depicted as pretty white, although I never actually knew where he was from until this thread.

that's just whitewashing imo. the vast majority of arabs would stand out from your typical white guy.

@AssertingValor said:

White / Arabic= Caucasian.

he is Middle Eastern tho

nope, arabs are not counted as part of caucasian race aka whites/european in the west.

to say so woumd be so disingenuous as to say indians are counted/seen as white/european as well as they are ''caucasian''

so what others said

@x-lord16 said:
@supreme101 said:

@pinkdarkboy said:

nope

white=European

@thesquad554 said:

No

@lucascosta said:

Ethnically he is arabic, so no.

But since i'm a Latino i define race by the color of the skin, and when i look at him i see White.

yeah, he tends to be whitewashed (typical european complexion)

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: Sorry Caucasion is not just a White European only thing, skin tone and slight differences doesn't make them something else.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: Sorry Caucasion is not just a White European only thing, skin tone and slight differences doesn't make them something else.

ttere is nothing to be sorry about, once say; to say a european and indian are counted/seen by each other as the same kind of racial would be outright insanity.

caucasion was and is always associated heavily with whites (people of european descend). whereas anyeone else are counted separately

north africans/middle easteners

indins/south asians

turks

etc etc

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: Caucasian is a master race that includes Europeans, most North Africans, Middle Easterns,Iranians all the way to West India and Central Asia.

It is only defined as strictly European by well..deniers..

If You Mean European then say European.

You don't define Asian separately by skin tones... or Black..

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: Caucasian is a master race that includes Europeans, most North Africans, Middle Easterns,Iranians all the way to West India and Central Asia.

It is only defined as strictly European by well..deniers..

If You Mean European then say European.

You don't define Asian separately by skin tones... or Black..

''caucasian is a master race''

lmao, yeah sure. the deniers u are talking about the white westerners lmao.

lad, we middle easteners (am berber) know we aren't seen by whites as part of them.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: so your personal vendettas decide Haplogroups now huh, Not all Caucasoids get along or have the same developmental history, why would they treat you the same just bc you have an ancient common ancestor lol. I really don't think you believe all Blacks or Asians like eachother..

the term Caucasoid umbrellas many subgroups.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By yoroshi0
@AssertingValor said:

@yoroshi0: so your personal vendettas decide Haplogroups now huh, Not all Caucasoids get along or have the same developmental history, why would they treat you the same just bc you have an ancient common ancestor lol. I really don't think you believe all Blacks or Asians like eachother..

the term Caucasoid umbrellas many subgroups.

personal vendetta? then goes to say *believe all Blacks or Asians like eachother*

which is it now? and it's not about treatment bruh, westerners who believe in the caucasion stuff (the vast majority of them) do not see us as part of them but rather as subhuman.

and btw, the berber halogroup marker have nothing to do with whites, we descend from the afroasian group of which both arabs, egyptians and berbers descend from and it predate indo europeans by like thousans of years.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

typically, he shouldn't be white looking unless his parents are of mixed heritage

that's my take on ras al ghul

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah his name i think translates to something like "head of the demon" or something similar

PinkDarkBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: @AssertingValor: "white" means European. it's not a reference to everyone w/"white" skin. otherwise light-skinned East Asians or albinos of any origin would be considered "white". just as "black" means Sub-Saharan African & not everyone w/"dark" skin, such as Australian Aboriginals or dark- skinned South/Southeast Asians

Middle Easterners like Arabs & Jews aren't white bc they've never been seen as such by Europeans (white ppl). they're viewed as outsiders, foreigners, etc & are heavily discriminated against. it's also why antisemitism is considered a form of white-supremacist racism

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: @AssertingValor: "white" means European. it's not a reference to everyone w/"white" skin. otherwise light-skinned East Asians or albinos of any origin would be considered "white". just as "black" means Sub-Saharan African & not everyone w/"dark" skin, such as Australian Aboriginals or dark- skinned South/Southeast Asians

Middle Easterners like Arabs & Jews aren't white bc they've never been seen as such by Europeans (white ppl). they're viewed as outsiders, foreigners, etc & are heavily discriminated against. it's also why antisemitism is considered a form of white-supremacist racism

This is true but large parts of the middle east aren't Semitic, Persians,Turks,Armenian & Georgians i think would all take great offence to being called "arabs & jews" lol

Everything else was spot on tho

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: See your resentment is evident, I'm not debating who's selective DNA is older, as if that matters. Caucasian group North Africans are sparse, not a dominate ethnogroup, so your Berber cool.

White and Caucasian are not actually synonymous terms it's just a fact. Outside pc racial group terms, the term Caucasian envelopes almost the entire middle east, except special ethnic locations like Turkey whos dominate large ethogroup of Turks from central Asia basically moved in and eliminated the last of the ancient lineage of Anatolian peoples by I believe the 14th century.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought he was middle eastern/Arabic

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By yoroshi0
@AssertingValor said:

@yoroshi0: See your resentment is evident, I'm not debating who's selective DNA is older, as if that matters. Caucasian group North Africans are sparse, not a dominate ethnogroup, so your Berber cool.

White and Caucasian are not actually synonymous terms it's just a fact. Outside pc racial group terms, the term Caucasian envelopes almost the entire middle east, except special ethnic locations like Turkey whos dominate large ethogroup of Turks from central Asia basically moved in and eliminated the last of the ancient lineage of Anatolian peoples by I believe the 14th century.

so you go by a notion that 99~% don't. cool

lol most magrebi arabs are of berber descend but kek

i will make it easy for you to understand, so here's the deal: my people do not consider themselves as the same people as europeans/white nor do the european/whites see us as their people

@seastone98 said:
@pinkdarkboy said:

This is true but large parts of the middle east aren't Semitic, Persians,Turks,Armenian & Georgians i think would all take great offence to being called "arabs & jews" lol

Everything else was spot on tho

armenia is more of europe than middle east, it's a transregional country at most like turkey. georgia is definitely not seen as part of the middle east

turks and persians are fair game tho they are just that, but a huge minority in the middle east.

I also agree with his analysis and your points were good too

I also wanna answer a thing about ras al ghul that westerners get off a lot (justifiably so) which is that it means head of the demon.

So ras factually means head in arabic (this is not discussable) but the ghul doesn't actually mean demon. a demon in islam is not a fallen angel, rather it is a state of being where one opposes God and either Jin or human can be a demon شيطان (pronounced shaytan)

A Ghul is just a pre-islamic mythological man-eating monster that dwells in cementaries to eat the dead too, and can also shapeshift in the form (fitting in theme for someone like ras al ghul)

it should also be reminded that it's just a title in a practical sense, it's not a real name in arabic.

hope this was educatonal

@pinkdarkboy said:

just bravo, i don't know if you are a westerner or a native from the middle east but if you are the former, then definitely bravo

you worded it way better than i ever could

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cattlebattle
@seastone98 said:
@supreme101 said:

Yeah his name i think translates to something like "head of the demon" or something similar

Ras Al Ghul isn't his actual name though. It's a moniker.

He was born to a band of Chinese nomads during the Crusades, which is purposefully supposed to be misleading because he could be of any race or mixed between several races. He was based on Moriarty and has always looked more caucasian than anything, as he is usually depicted with green eyes and lighter brown hair when younger.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he's not European then he's not white.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By yoroshi0
@cattlebattle said:
@seastone98 said:
@supreme101 said:

Ras Al Ghul isn't his actual name though. It's a moniker.

He was born to a band of Chinese nomads during the Crusades, which is purposefully supposed to be misleading because he could be of any race or mixed between several races. He was based on Moriarty and has always looked more caucasian than anything, as he is usually depicted with green eyes and lighter brown hair when younger.

???????????? crusader jerusalem was reconquered by the muslims in October 2, 1187 by salahdin.

ras al ghul was born 700 years ago so 2000 - 700 = 1400~

and the turks/chinese/mongolians nomads that came to arabia were muslims who settled there. his father was the sensei but only settled down with some woman when their tribe reached the desert.

so either way, he's half- east asian aka either a mongolian or a Uyghur (the han/koreans/japanese were never islamized) and half arab. a far shot from a european white look.

@laiks stake said:

If he's not European then he's not white.

tis

AirDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

User Lists: 15

I've heard the argument that Christopher Lee would have been a GREAT Ra's Al Ghul... maybe opposite Adam West's Batman. For a big screen Batman sequel... ("What if...?") However, if we're talking an appearance in a possible imagined fourth season of '66 Batman, I've always pictured Ricardo Montalban as Ra's. Yes, typecasting, I know. Khan as Ra's. But that's who I see and hear whenever I read a Ra's story. Not David Warner, no disrespect intended...

"Holy whitewashing!"

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Middle Eastern

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AssertingValor

@yoroshi0: I'm sure you don't "identify with Europeans.. Not many similarities there. But it doesn't matter everything I said was true. Ras would be Caucasian as a middle eastern, others like you like to nitpick do to resentment and say "hE aINt WhIte" which is irrelevant even though created by whites.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By yoroshi0
@AssertingValor said:

@yoroshi0: I'm sure you don't "identify with Europeans.. Not many similarities there. But it doesn't matter everything I said was true. Ras would be Caucasian as a middle eastern, others like you like to nitpick do to resentment and say "hE aINt WhIte" which is irrelevant even though created by whites.

He is created by a white artist, but is Spawn a white character because he is created by a white artist???? or a female character is a male because it's created by a male. art has no race or sex, it doesn't reflect on artists' race

I guess that makes it irrelevant to you, stop seeing the world with race lenses. dear lord, only americans from america have this stupid problem.

and it has nothing to do with ''resentment'', i have family and cousins from Europe and i lived there as a student for a while and come and go for family visits.

just educating you on the matter first hand, middle easterners are not considered ''whites'' aka caucasians by europeans and vice versa. end of story.

note: even racially, our haplogroup differ from that of europeans i'd recommend you get informed on the matter.

P.S we do have white-passing arabs/middle easterners, i guess you could say ras al ghul is a white-passing arab/middle easterner if it makes you happy

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: you literally don't understand... I said Does Not mean White jc..You imply only White when someone says Caucasian... and you say Americans have issues lmao.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By yoroshi0
@AssertingValor said:

@yoroshi0: you literally don't understand... I said Does Not mean White jc..You imply only White when someone says Caucasian... and you say Americans have issues lmao.

yes, because caucasian is heavily associated (like 99%) with europeans and european-descendants (whites).

europe is the one responsible for introducing this chart after all, it's all bumbo jumbo my dear.

No Caption Provided

and yes, even americans do have this problem (just a different variation of it) because their white-catering system used to favor anglo-saxon whites a lot more even other ''lesser'' whites. man, i'm not even american and i know about this, come on now

ofc, this is an antiquated version and it was controversial even at the time but it was still largely adopted if not for the war loss retiring it.

No Caption Provided

the current model views all europeans as the same people from same origin (PIE) and land (europa) and puts them above all else.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: wow dude lol, nazi references? Again I really don't care about your views on who sees who as who. The fact is, it is what it is and Middle Easterns are still dominatly caucasian group, the largest threat to that ever really was the Mongol period. Really not much else to say there.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: wow dude lol, nazi references? Again I really don't care about your views on who sees who as who. The fact is, it is what it is and Middle Easterns are still dominatly caucasian group, the largest threat to that ever really was the Mongol period. Really not much else to say there.

believe what u want tho we are not whites and believing otherwise won't change the facts on the ground.

we can be white-passing tho, so there is that

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0: Why do you say "we"?..."you" do not speak for everyone in the world... , I'm talking about middle eastern to west Indian natives being of the caucasion group. And again you arnt listening when I said caucasian is an umbrella term for many related ethnicities... not just europeans.

He was written to be middle eastern but as you see his chosen attire after centuries of life is a Suit and Tie.. he may be closer to european than you think so don't hate..

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By yoroshi0

he's a half arab half chinese. talia mother is also of this mixed heritage. this makes daiman mixed race (half white from his father side, and asian-looking sino arab from his mother side). these're just the facts, anyone who argues otherwise are just delusonal or misinformed. dc sometimes whitewashes him despite this fact tho

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
ManimalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the incarnation but for me personally no. Also a lot “whiteness” is more about culture than genetics so he traditionally wouldn’t fit most modern definitions of white.

Sapphire13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skin color is a weird topic and the terms used to describe it tend to be even weirder. I mean, etymologically speaking, the word Caucasian itself means from Caucasus, a region which happens to span many places where people aren't European white. As for the white itself, there are actually plenty of people from Middle-East who consider themselves white-skinned, but then most westerners doesn't like to call them white, some don't do it because they like the white race and don't like to consider Middle-Eastern people white. Some do it for the exact opposite reason, because they hate whiteness and wouldn't want to consider middle-eastern people part of the evil white people. Some simply have a different categorization.

So, the short answer is your mileage may vary.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think of him as like a buff osama bin Laden.