Do you expect David Corenswet (new Superman actor) to get as big as Henry Cavill?

Poll Do you expect David Corenswet (new Superman actor) to get as big as Henry Cavill? (40 votes)

Yes 53%
No 48%

Corenswet may be taller than Cavill but Cavill is still the much bigger man overall. Last I checked, Corenswet is pretty slim for his height and only weighed 175 pounds whereas Cavill looks to be around 215 pounds.

• 

Your obsession with this guy's physique is pretty weird ngl, cause this isn't the first time you've bemoaned about his look.

Anyway to answer your question, yes.

Especially considering Corenswert now looks like this after only a few months of bulking

No Caption Provided

I hope not.

He will be slimmer than Henry Cavill and bigger than Christopher Reeve, which is honestly perfect.

He's on the Hollywood juice. David will look almost as big at the very least.

@killianduclark: Holy shit! Yeah, he's getting there. Might be juicing though.

Well, you can't blame me for wanting Superman to maintain an ultra masculine physique as he should and not compromise to please the body positivity/representation crowd.

@kingcarcosa: Yeah, I think a physique similar to Reeve should be enough.

Who cares if he does? He'll be a better Superman than Midvill and that's what matters most.

@killianduclark said:

Especially considering Corenswert now looks like this after only a few months of bulking

Assuming that Corenswert gained tens of pounds of muscle in that photo, I think he's likely on juice. As for the OP's question, fans shouldn't expect him to bulk up as much as Cavill. He'll probably cut soon.

No but it would be cool if he did

@killianduclark said:

Assuming that Corenswert gained tens of pounds of muscle in that photo, I think he's likely on juice. As for the OP's question, fans shouldn't expect him to bulk up as much as Cavill. He'll probably cut soon.

More likely than not he was on the juice, but then again he's not made much of a public appearance since the end of last year so he might've been working out for far longer.

He looks buff for sure.

With James Gunns writing? He would be even better!!.

@ilyas97: Did you misread the question? I don't think James Gunn will have much to do with his training regimen, that's up to his trainers.

David Corenswet is massive now... He resembles Henry Cavill.

No Caption Provided

Your obsession with this guy's physique is pretty weird ngl, cause this isn't the first time you've bemoaned about his look.

Anyway to answer your question, yes.

No Caption Provided

Bro is thirsty for Cavill.

Ot: yes

If he's a better actor that's all I care about.

@sixpathsofcapra: I'm actually not a fan of Cavill's Superman, his acting just isn't there. What he does get right is his build for the role.

Acting is definitely more important but if Corenswet could also gain the size for Superman, he'll be the definitive modern take and I'd be glad if that happens.

No Caption Provided

Looks like cavill more

#18 frozen  Moderator  Online

@sixpathsofcapra: I'm actually not a fan of Cavill's Superman, his acting just isn't there. What he does get right is his build for the role.

Acting is definitely more important but if Corenswet could also gain the size for Superman, he'll be the definitive modern take and I'd be glad if that happens.

Pattinson wasn’t jacked and iirc you liked his Batman a lot.

He damn sure better. I still hate that Cavill is getting the shaft. The guy seems like a genuinely good dude.

@frozen said:
@ghostodoofus2 said:

Pattinson wasn’t jacked and iirc you liked his Batman a lot.

Yeah but wouldn't you agree that it's more important for a Superman actor to be jacked than a Batman actor? A Batman actor's heavier suit would already add to the menacing bulk. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer a bigger Batman but a bigger Superman is probably more important.

@lightordark: I'm excited to see Warhammer 40K though, may that replace the void left by Star Wars (thanks a lot, Disney!). It better have a high budget, I want to see 40K done justice.

#22 hatsonmelo  Online

@officialtopg said:

No Caption Provided

Looks like cavill more

I saw this and the physique looks big enough already

Compared to Cavill, he’s obviously bigger since he’s now buffed up but at his height too (6ft 4)

They’ll probably be comparable, but since he’s taller he ‘ll I think this guy will look bigger than Cav-El

No and that's okay, Henry was a phenom and most can't get to that physique. As long as he gets bigger it's fine. My main problems loss else where, for instance will he maintain that personality of his when he has roidrage

Yeah but wouldn't you agree that it's more important for a Superman actor to be jacked than a Batman actor? A Batman actor's heavier suit would already add to the menacing bulk. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer a bigger Batman but a bigger Superman is probably more important.

What do you think of the Suit padding in Superman & Lois?

No Caption Provided

Dont forget lex🤣😭.

@ghostodoofus2: The suit's padding isn't even necessary for Tyler Hoechlin.

No Caption Provided

@officialtopg: Hoechlin still looks like a cruiserweight at most, Superman belongs in heavyweight.

@ghostodoofus2: I agree. The padding is overexaggerated in the show, though.

Probably not. I hope not. I'm not a fan of Gunn's DCEU.