User Lists: 0

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@andromeda1001:

That's where I left off yesterday too, lol. Honestly, I wish they released them episodically or at least in portions like they did with Hazbin Hotel, it's just a lot better to digest and prevents spoilers.

The show is just fantastic so far on every level, from the acting, production value, action, cinematography, etc. I'm honestly kind of surprised how well they've adapted the world for the show, it does a really good job introducing elements from the world and the way it operates. I also love that the Ink Spot songs from the radio are featured in the episodes as well.

I'm pretty curious how whatever is inside that Enclave scientist's head will enable control over all the Wasteland. The show is being treated as essential Fallout 5 so whoever comes into power at the end of the show will presumably set the stage for the next Fallout.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also like that Lucy is basically just Charlie Morningstar but if she was born the Fallout universe, lol. Her actress is pretty talented, she's English but she pulls off an American Accent so well. She also voices Jinx from Arcane too. All the acting has been great though.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: I've been liking it a lot, too. Everything seems to be perfectly adapted from the games, and there are some cool easter eggs in the show(Like the kids watching the Grognak cartoon in the first episode). I just think we only saw very little of the mutant creatures of the wasteland, but that might change in the next episodes.

Also, what do you think about things such as the Power Armor? It seems very identical to the games and seems relatively powerful. I mean, like Maximus throwing that brick so far away, and casually smashing skulls. My only complaint is that, while I do believe Power Armor is meant to be slow, I believe they exaggerate a bit. Lol

I also like that Lucy is basically just Charlie Morningstar but if she was born the Fallout universe, lol. Her actress is pretty talented, she's English but she pulls off an American Accent so well. She also voices Jinx from Arcane too. All the acting has been great though.

She's nice, yea.

I also liked Maximus.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WastelandMan

@andromeda1001:

I've been liking it a lot, too. Everything seems to be perfectly adapted from the games, and there are some cool easter eggs in the show(Like the kids watching the Grognak cartoon in the first episode). I just think we only saw very little of the mutant creatures of the wasteland, but that might change in the next episodes.

They teased Super Mutants in that flashback with the scientist where they showed a dead ones hand sticking underneath a cloth, so I'm guessing they're going to pop up eventually. I'm hoping for a shootout between the Mutants and Maximus and other BoS members or maybe Lucy and the Ghoul after I assume they party up. A Behemoth would also be great too.

Also, what do you think about things such as the Power Armor? It seems very identical to the games and seems relatively powerful. I mean, like Maximus throwing that brick so far away, and casually smashing skulls. My only complaint is that, while I do believe Power Armor is meant to be slow, I believe they exaggerate a bit. Lol

Yeah, I loved it when he chucked that stone for like miles into the ocean, that was insane, lol. They definitely nailed how powerful the armors were. I was thinking MCU Iron Man in Mark I armor might make a good battle for Maximus or any Power Armor pilot. I was concerned it wouldn't get much screen time, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how massive the budget was.

The feats and scaling for the show all around have been great. I tried recording to make an RT already but Prime blocks OBS now which is interesting since I didn't have this issue when recording stuff for Hazbin Hotel. Eh, I'll just find another way.

She's nice, yea.

I also liked Maximus.

Maximus' is a great character and so was his actor, yeah. He's probably my favorite characters atm, actually. I love how he starts feeling himself when he gets power armor and his own squire, lol.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:
Btw, did you know about the free update for Fallout 4 that comes out the 25th? It upgrades it to next gen for PS5/Xbox SX/PC but even better it adds free DLC and a new quest (possibly questline) that introduces the Enclave. Also, Fallout London comes out the day before on the 24th.That's probably why I might use my free time to boot up Fallout 4 again. It's a pretty busy month for Fallout, lol.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is just one episode left for me to finish it.

@andromeda1001:

Btw, did you know about the free update for Fallout 4 that comes out the 25th? It upgrades it to next gen for PS5/Xbox SX/PC but even better it adds free DLC and a new quest (possibly questline) that introduces the Enclave. Also, Fallout London comes out the day before on the 24th.That's probably why I might use my free time to boot up Fallout 4 again. It's a pretty busy month for Fallout, lol.

Nice! Does that mean you side with the Enclave in the main quest line? Like helping them to recover, or so? Because being honest, I wouldn't say I like the Institute and the Railroad. Only the BoS seemed interesting.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is just one episode left for me to finish it.

I was busy so I’m behind, but I’m going to binge it tonight right now.

Nice! Does that mean you side with the Enclave in the main quest line? Like helping them to recover, or so? Because being honest, I wouldn't say I like the Institute and the Railroad. Only the BoS seemed interesting.

Nah, it’s way smaller in size than that, and I doubt it has any connection to the main story. It’s more likely a single quest but the best we could hope for is a quest line.

Were you interested in Fallout London tho? It actually comes out the 23rd not the 24th.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001:

Did you ever get to watch final episode yet? I managed to finish it today, I was not expecting some of those reveals, lol.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Not yet, I'll do it tomorrow.

I don't mind spoilers, though.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman: Not yet, I'll do it tomorrow.

I don't mind spoilers, though.

Nah, that's ok then. I feel like it's best to experience it blind for sure, lol.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: One thing that I didn't get it, though. Maybe you can explain since knows Fallout way better than I do, but like...Why Maximus didn't know what sex was? Lol.

Is it because he was raised by the BoS? After all, it's been shown in the first episode that even those invaders from the wastelands seem to know what sex actually is.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speaking of the BoS, I feel like they've been treated as chumps so far. Maximus is the only one who seems to be worth a damn in the organization.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WastelandMan
@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman: One thing that I didn't get it, though. Maybe you can explain since knows Fallout way better than I do, but like...Why Maximus didn't know what sex was? Lol.

Is it because he was raised by the BoS? After all, it's been shown in the first episode that even those invaders from the wastelands seem to know what sex actually is.

Yeah, it's because of the Brotherhood's cult like upbringing. Max mentions himself that the Brotherhood forbids it. Idk that it was established as a rule prior but various divisions within the org are known to have different policies and Max's operates very differently. Their Elder seems to have gone rogue, actually.

@andromeda1001 said:

Speaking of the BoS, I feel like they've been treated as chumps so far. Maximus is the only one who seems to be worth a damn in the organization.

TBF, we've only seen one Knight who was pretty trash, yeah lol. Without spoilers, we do get to see more of them in the final episode but ehhh, there were some questionable moments still.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Yeah, it's because of the Brotherhood's cult like upbringing. Max mentions himself that the Brotherhood forbids it. Idk that it was established as a rule prior but various divisions within the org are known to have different policies and Max's operates very differently. Their Elder seems to have gone rogue, actually.

I see.

Yeah, it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

TBF, we've only seen one Knight who was pretty trash, yeah lol. Without spoilers, we do get to see more of them in the final episode but ehhh, there were some questionable moments still.

Fair enough.

I guess I'll see by myself, lol.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm like 3 episodes in, it's pretty good. The ghoul guy heavily reminds me of that old guy in Westworld.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Finished all episodes.

Vault-Tec is the worst, lol. And the plot twists were great.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman: Finished all episodes.

Vault-Tec is the worst, lol. And the plot twists were great.

Yeah, lol. Did your opinion about the Brotherhood being chumps, btw?

That New Vegas reveal at the end was so wild tho, I was not expecting it at all or a set up for another season since it was confirmed before that there weren't any plans for one. It was also pretty neat to see Mr. House in live action but holy shit was that casting for him garbage, he didn't come close to sounding or looking like him. Also, even though I'm hyped for seeing New Vegas, I'm pretty sure it's going to lead to a lot of problems with the lore inevitably devalues the players decisions in that game.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Yeah, lol. Did your opinion about the Brotherhood being chumps, btw?

That New Vegas reveal at the end was so wild tho, I was not expecting it at all or a set up for another season since it was confirmed before that there weren't any plans for one. It was also pretty neat to see Mr. House in live action but holy shit was that casting for him garbage, he didn't come close to sounding or looking like him. Also, even though I'm hyped for seeing New Vegas, I'm pretty sure it's going to lead to a lot of problems with the lore inevitably devalues the players decisions in that game.

I still think they're mostly a bunch of chumps, lol. Cooper Howard was taking them out, even with the Power Armors, while Max alone was beating the shit out of him in the previous episodes.

It was great, yea. I'm really excited about a new season, especially after the reveals. We sadly didn't see a Deathclaw alive, but like, we did see its skull at least(I think that's one of my biggest complaints I got, we barely saw the mutant creatures).

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WastelandMan

@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman said:

I still think they're mostly a bunch of chumps, lol. Cooper Howard was taking them out, even with the Power Armors, while Max alone was beating the shit out of him in the previous episodes.

It was great, yea. I'm really excited about a new season, especially after the reveals. We sadly didn't see a Deathclaw alive, but like, we did see its skull at least(I think that's one of my biggest complaints I got, we barely saw the mutant creatures).

They were pretty garbage, yea lol. It's also really weird the Ghoul didn't use the armor's weakness to instantly drop Maximus the first time they fought. But the thing is TBF, the Brotherhood Elder had mentioned that they have lost their way as of late which means they have likely produced new members with much weaker resolves and discipline as a result, so I don't think they represent the game version's competency level.

It was a lot better than I ever expected it to be, tbh lol. I figured it'd maybe just be serviceable. Yeah, I'm assuming the skull was there to tease Deathclaws in the future season. Same with Super Mutants. I'm still holding out for Liberty Prime too.

Sav0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its fine except killing off the NCR. Also don't think Vault Tec dropped the bombs (they were planning to tho) as Cooper's wife is together on party with him in episode 1 iirc. I'll give it 7/10.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Andromeda1001

@wastelandman: They were pretty garbage, yea lol. It's also really weird the Ghoul didn't use the armor's weakness to instantly drop Maximus the first time they fought. But the thing is TBF, the Brotherhood Elder had mentioned that they have lost their way as of late which means they have likely produced new members with much weaker resolves and discipline as a result, so I don't think they represent the game version's competency level.

Zets says it's because Howard was playing around with Max, but I dunno. Max still seems to be more BoS' material than all the other characters shown so far.

It was a lot better than I ever expected it to be, tbh lol. I figured it'd maybe just be serviceable. Yeah, I'm assuming the skull was there to tease Deathclaws in the future season. Same with Super Mutants. I'm still holding out for Liberty Prime too.

If we get a second season, I'm hoping to at least see a Deathclaw, yes. Not sure if they're ever going to show Liberty Prime, though.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24 Zetsu-San  Online
Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Still better than the other knights, lol.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26 Zetsu-San  Online

@zetsu-san: Still better than the other knights, lol.

I think it just looks that way because of the main character plot armor. lol

The second apprentice guy knew more about operating the power armor than he did, and while Titus was a little bitch, he didn’t seem nearly as clumsy as Max was.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WastelandMan

@andromeda1001:

Zets says it's because Howard was playing around with Max, but I dunno. Max still seems to be more BoS' material than all the other characters shown so far.

The reason is unclear. It could be because he was playing around, because Max is skilled as you said, or maybe he just didn't think about it at the time since it's been hundreds of years since he worn one. Honestly, I think it might just be because the writers overlooked that fact. There's actually a couple of story details that wasn't thought through by the writers/Bethesda.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san said:

@andromeda1001: Max didn’t even read the manual though. lol

Power armor training doesn't seem to really be a big deal in Bethesda's writing, tbh.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san said:

I think it just looks that way because of the main character plot armor. lol

The second apprentice guy knew more about operating the power armor than he did, and while Titus was a little bitch, he didn’t seem nearly as clumsy as Max was.

Maybe, lol.

The reason is unclear. It could be because he was playing around, because Max is skilled as you said, or maybe he just didn't think about it at the time since it's been hundreds of years since he worn one. Honestly, I think it might just be because the writers overlooked that fact. There's actually a couple of story details that wasn't thought through by the writers/Bethesda.

It might be all three, then. Still, I agree with Zets that the Power Amors in the show kind of seemed inconsistent.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I just finished it. Great show, and I'm not even a Fallout fan... I did like Fallout 3 tho.

Todd Howard should think about a career change, from game development to television production.