User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It sucks Cav-El is no more, I enjoyed Henry’s time as character. But I’m glad to officially know now, and we can move forward.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what was that cameo in black Adam leading to again?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen@mrmonster@ready_4_madness@mazahs117 Welp, Cavill came back.. and now he's gone again. MoS 2 is less likely to happen now, Cavill might not even be lucky enough to appear in Black Adam 2 seeing as the first film was a flop.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442: Probably just to tease the Snyder fans. It's like throwing a life jacket to someone and then waiting to see their hilarious reactions once they notice the jacket is deflated. Savage.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Cavill fans in shambles rn.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RJR

Cavill gone, and chris Hemsworth's rumor of apparantly coming out in one last movie. Well on the bright side we might finally be able to close the book on those dceu superman vs mcu thor threads.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: Going by Cavill’s social media post he’s donzo period with character. It’s a shame really. I would’ve liked to have seen him under different directorship and creative as Superman. But it was bound to happen at some point. Characters like Supes, Batman, Bond always turn over to a new guy eventually. It is good to get concrete official news for once so we can look to the future without baggage

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god dammit

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James Gunn is an idiot lmfao. Feel bad for Cavill tho, I've quit a job on a whim for a dream job then got burned. Hope he lands in something good soon. Spy/Action films at Netflix would be a great fit or if Fiege is smart whatever Superman expy from marvel that he wants.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjr said:

Cavill gone, and chris Hemsworth's rumor of apparantly coming out in one last movie. Well on the bright side we might finally be able to close the book on those dceu superman vs mcu thor threads.

Randomidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They said an earlier part of Superman's life so it is not likely that Henry Cavil is gone.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn. he was one of the good things from DCEU. either way i hope DC cast a Guy on his 20s to play Superman for at least 10-15 years

Y2G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@army2442: If Cavill is gone there is no reason for Black Adam 2

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#17 frozen  Moderator  Online

And to think this is shortly after Cavill was officially announcing he had returned.. lol

Damn this is whack.

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

And to think this is shortly after Cavill was officially announcing he had returned.. lol

Damn this is whack.

well look at the bright side, if the thor 5 movie turns out to be his actually last movie as mentioned by the rumors than we can finally close those books on those DCEU Superman vs MCU Thor threads.

SaiHuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally! Get a better actor or give it to Tyler Hoechlin

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who did James Gun sex traffic to get this job again???

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@frozen said:

Damn this is whack.

Aren’t they focusing on Superman’s young life tho? It makes sense Cavill wouldn’t be in it. That doesn’t necessarily close the door on MoS 2 and BA 2 appearances that the Rock is still pushing for. So I don’t think Cavill is gone, and even if he is, it’s likely to change like it did last time.

This is literally Spider-Man leaving the MCU all over again.

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Damn this is whack.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19: He tweeted that he won't be coming back as Superman:

No Caption Provided

It seems to be a decision from the higher-ups for the new DCEU.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yeah I read that but things always change. Before it was impossible for him to come back, and then boom he showed up again. We just have to wait and see.

However, once again, like I said before his BA appearance, I doubt he’ll be gone for good.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: I just developed massive respect for Cavill from this post. You can tell he's heartbroken but he's still trying to be positive, he's so humble.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47 said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah I read that but things always change. Before it was impossible for him to come back, and then boom he showed up again. We just have to wait and see.

However, once again, like I said before his BA appearance, I doubt he’ll be gone for good.

You might be right.

But as much as I wish for his return. I doubt he would considering Gunn has his own vision of the new DCEU. Which may not have a place for Cavill's version of Supes. Or a new one with Cavill at all.

The chances of him coming back as an older, more experienced Supes are kind of slim at this point.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: Maybe he'll appear again years later like Tobey did as Spidey in NWH but his Superman won't have major presence anymore, that's finished.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nassergrant19

@nassergrant19 said:
@cryolancer47 said:

No Caption Provided

You might be right.

But as much as I wish for his return. I doubt he would considering Gunn has his own vision of the new DCEU. Which may not have a place for Cavill's version of Supes. Or a new one with Cavill at all.

The chances of him coming back as an older, more experienced Supes are kind of slim at this point.

I’m gonna hold out hope tho. It’s all riding on the Rock’s efforts etc.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: I just developed massive respect for Cavill from this post. You can tell he's heartbroken but he's still trying to be positive, he's so humble.

Same. Cavill always seemed like a nice and pretty down to earth dude.

It sucks because ever since he returned to the DCEU, he was pretty hyped to be allowed to play a comic-accurate Superman for once.

He's clearly a fan:

"I would love to have the opportunity to play the Superman that we all know and love from the comics, as a continuation of his development and we see the hero.”

He definitely wanted his Superman to be closer to this guy:

No Caption Provided

Instead of what he was told to be.

So I can understand his sadness over not being able to play the character the way he always wanted, but never allowed to do.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mr-yes
@frozen said:

Damn this is whack.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: @mr-yes: @cryolancer47:

Place all faith in the Rock’s interactions with Gunn for Cavill to return.

I have a feeling, he’ll be back tbh. Last time when he was gone I didn’t believe it, and look what happened. Yeah it looks bad now but I think we should just be patient. Wait and see what the future will hold for him.

No Caption Provided

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19: guess we’ll see. Would love to have him back though

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

@nassergrant19: Um, if it happens then cool but don't "wait and see", it's not healthy. Don't hope for it and don't long for it, just move on, appreciate the good things that are certain.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

someone needs to fire this fool. zack snyder's darker vision of heroes was far better and more unique. MCU phase 4 is dying already as people are getting tired of comical light hearted hero movies

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

After BA flopped I'd stop listening to the Rock.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:

@nassergrant19: guess we’ll see. Would love to have him back though

Yup

@nassergrant19: Um, if it happens then cool but don't "wait and see", it's not healthy. Don't hope for it and don't long for it, just move on, appreciate the good things that are certain.

I know, I‘m not focused on it but news like this isn’t definitive based on the experiences the DCEU had. I really wouldn’t be surprised if he says he’s back on instagram soon lol.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King_Saturn

Oh Well. I believe James Gunn can fix the Superman character so if Henry Cavill is out then it is what it is.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

.....Yikes , he left the Witcher show for this , now that this isn't here , he may actually go back to the Travesty , regardless I would be intrested in seeing what James Gunn has in store for the character.

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Darkvanderling

DCEU/DCU is so mismanaged. Then they hire the pedophile Gunn as the creative head, when they’re probably gonna do worse under him. I’m not even a fan of MCU, but their management is trillion times better than this. There were some rumours that Zaslav wanted to hire Kevin Feige and I think they should’ve gone for him.

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: James Gunn is a talentless hack. He’s not fixing anything.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it makes sense to start fresh. Dang, so he's not Superman. Imagine if he plays Jor-el or some other dc hero and or villain character like Captain Atom or a Lantern member. Idk, I'm not good at casting.

zummi_gummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cavill set a high bar, so what ever he has planned must be good to make this bold move.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

A dick move to say the least. Cavill left another big role in exchange for him playing again Superman as this is his passion and he was reassured that it was a done deal.

It's a shame that the lack of box office success of Black Adam to Gunn and Safran scrapping their Cavill/Superman plans.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Losing Cavill no real lose. Gunn is fine and all but a Superman under his pen...eh

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

A dick move to say the least. Cavill left another big role in exchange for him playing again Superman as this is his passion and he was reassured that it was a done deal.

It's a shame that the lack of box office success of Black Adam to Gunn and Safran scrapping their Cavill/Superman plans.

None of that is true

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wow, this is honestly a shitty move. Henry was an incredible Superman.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@kgb725 said:
@tdk_1997 said:

None of that is true

Which part exactly isn't true?

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the logical move to me, as much as I wanted to see Cavill get his long awaited Man of Steel sequel. I think for Gunn to have a realistic shot at pulling off this DCU, he needs to start fresh, and develop things in a proper manner. As it stands, the Snyderverse is something of a dumpster fire that I'm sure isn't all that attractive to piece back together if you're James Gunn.

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers