The Snyder Cut is now Imminent

• 108 results
The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'll be editing this post later to include more links and the tweets in picture forms but a great number of people reported and corroborated a few days ago that Zack Snyder screened his JL to AT&T executives. There's been massive speculation that it could be put on HBO Max as either a motion picture or multi part series ever since. Today the chaos ensued as more people from the CBM scooper section of twitter have vaguely said something's coming and that you should keep an eye out for what Zack Snyder says during his live commentary of Man of Steel.

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/1262478489002708992

https://twitter.com/PeterSciretta/status/1262465841544572928

IDK what's happening but as always I'm hyped and hope we get to see The Justice League as they're supposed to be. CBMs are going to go to another level after this.

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will inspire so many jokes if it happens. I can't wait.

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This will inspire so many jokes if it happens. I can't wait.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anybody really care at this point?

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: It's insanely popular all across social media, almost a quarter million in funding for suicide prevention foundations have been raised from its name recognition and while it's not the most reliable measuring stick there's multiple twitter polls where The Snyder Cut got significantly more votes out of thousands when put against IW and EG when they were just weeks from release. I've also seen a poll where Man of Steel beat out Infinity War. There's a decently large demand for Snyder's brand of DC

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An announcement is coming Wednesday.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's gonna be freaking hilarious watching Snyder fans desperately coping when it turns out that the Snyder Cut is just as much, if not even worse, of a dogs**t t**d as the original.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

NOOOOOOO, I thought it was a myth, a legend, it can't be real, reality as I know it is a lie.

But in all seriousness, WHY? I thought we all collectively came together and say, stop it, the DCEU is death, just focus on the single superhero movie for now. Well I always like looking at trainwrecks and cannot wait for it if it is real.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian There's a new misunderstood masterpiece around the corner.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how excited everyone is for this. I also love how divided people are going to be after they watch the cut. Because lets face it, its Snyder. How good can it be?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rbt said:

I love how excited everyone is for this. I also love how divided people are going to be after they watch the cut. Because lets face it, its Snyder. How good can it be?

He did make some movies that are universally considered as good or great.

300 - for years after the movie everyone cosplayed as Spartans. Mainstream audiences as well as CBM lovers enjoyed in 300.

Watchmen - Theatrical cut was kinda disappointing, then Snyder's cut was released and the Watchmen was considered one of the best CBMs ever.

Heck, even BVS UE is a legitimately decent - good movie. It's not a masterpiece, but it's actually good. Much better than the theatrical cut.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Finally gif 27 » GIF Images Download

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator

Aye.

TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just imagine the new Kubrick comparisons.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It certainly has a following, dunno how big tho.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gotoucanario

Finally, best thing to happen this 2020 so far. And shutting up the "it doesn't exist" people in denial.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody cares anymore.

It has trended on Twitter multiple occasions over the past 2 years; just last night there were something like 55,000 tweets (but for whatever reason it wasn't trending), and Gal Gadot, Ben Affleck, and a few other cast/crew members were tweeted their support for it late last year. I listen to a few political shows, and I've heard people say "#releasethesnydercut" up quite a few times (though I don't know if they were joking or not). The movement has also raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity, and there have been a few company social media pages - most notably Subway - to indicate their support for it.

Twitter isn't representative of reality, but the fact that the hashtag is constantly trending every few months (I think in November it was "trending" for over 24 hours; I use quotation marks because after 24 hours, they take you off the trending page). Comicvine isn't the general audience, folks.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Neither is twitter and comicvine has by far the highest concentration of snyder fans ive ever seen. You know what is far more representative of the GA then hashtags, Box office and Rotten Tomatoes

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Snyder fans aren't going to single-handily cause a hashtag to trend for over a day with 100,000 tweets, so you're point is utterly idiotic. And Rotten Tomatoes??? LMAO, you mean the website that allows basically anyone to vote, irregardless of whether or not they've seen the movie? And allows (or at least used to allow; I haven't used that site in nearly half a decade) people to spam vote? Rotten Tomatoes is no more a good metric of the general audience than iMBD. Are you really going to argue that Rotten Tomatoes is a better metric of general audience popularity than Twitter, when the vast majority of people haven't even heard of Rotten Tomatoes, and only they only have a couple of thousand people rating any given movie, whereas Twitter has over 20 million DAILY users in America alone??? What an idiotic comparison.

As for Box Office, it's only a good measure of the popularity of the movie when it was released and in the immediate future. Do you really think Avatar is super popular property? Or at the very least, as popular as the MCU or the Nolan trilogy? Avatar had less searches on Google a month year after release compared to Avengers, despite vastly outselling it; Joker had more engagement than Lion King and Frozen 2, despite selling less tickets and making less money. Justice League get's more engagement than Civil War and Jurassic World 2, two vastly more popular films that made significantly more money.

Internet engagement is largely driven by the fans of that property; that's nothing new, nor is it unique to Justice League. (You think your average Joe off the street immediately went home and dug into all the easter eggs and Endgame lore after watching the movie?). But to disregard Twitter - the world's second most popular social media - and point to - *checks notes* - rotten tomatoes as an accurate representation of popularity is hilarious.

hkesupermantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t really see it could improve anything DCEU had done before even his version really is great.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, meh

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RBT

Imagine thinking Rotten Tomatoes is an accurate indication of movie quality.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I said its a more accurate representation of popularity than 20,000 people on twitter

Sometimes it seems like you intentionally try not to read

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@rbt: I said its a more accurate representation of popularity than 20,000 people on twitter

No, its not.

Sometimes it seems like you intentionally try not to read

I mean its kinda hard to give my 100% to your drivel.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Good point, the almost 200,000 people who voted on Civil Ware are less representative than 20,000 tweeting.

I mean its kinda hard to give my 100% to your drivel.

Don't worry RBT, I feel completely the same

@petey_is_spidey.

Snyder fans aren't going to single-handily cause a hashtag to trend for over a day with 100,000 tweets, so you're point is utterly idiotic.

So who else is tweeting #releasethesnydercut cuz I'll tell you, the average person doesn't know what the hell a Snyder is much less a Snyder cut.

And Rotten Tomatoes??? LMAO, you mean the website that allows basically anyone to vote, irregardless of whether or not they've seen the movie?

I don't think 200,000 people are wasting their time voting without having seen a movie. Like I would never do that and would never assume other people would. Do you do that or something? Anyway yeah I'd argue that the fact that Civil War got almost double the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes than the Snyder cut got tweets while trending despite the fact rotten tomatoes is a much smaller platform probably says something, good point on the difference in size.

Justice League get's more engagement than Civil War and Jurassic World 2, two vastly more popular films that made significantly more money.

I'm sure Justice League, the movie that bombed horribly and got beaten by the third Thor movie which had half it's budget, is in fact secretly more popular that Captain America: Civil War that made over a billion dollars. That does in fact make sense

You think your average Joe off the street immediately went home and dug into all the easter eggs and Endgame lore after watching the movie?

I didn't, but the average Joe also saw Endgame more than once while the average Joe has probably not seen Justice League at all, so I don't see your point.

Like where are you at that you're basically making conspiracy theories about people secretly liking the same movies you do.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg:

Well, at least you are aware you talk nonsense.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: One day I hope you'll get that awareness too buddy. I know you can do it

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people know that the Snyder Cut is crazy popular on Facebook and Instagram too. There's entire accounts/groups dedicated to it where you can get thousands of likes and impressions on a regular basis as opposed to just hundreds and sometimes thousands on Twitter. People want to see this

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Gaurdian

@rbt MOS and BvS are in my top 10 after all these years still so I know I'll like it. Also Whedon's cut is so universally despised that I'm sure that even people not fond of Snyder's style may grow to like his JL a small bit

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: MOS and BvS are in my top 10 after all these years still so I know I'll like it. Also Whedon's cut is so universally despised that I'm sure that even people not fond of Snyder's style may grow to like his JL a small bit.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Do I think it'll be better than the JL we got? Maybe

Does I care? No. After BvS I became totally uninterested in this franchise, there is no salvaging it. The story is as dead as Snyder is on the inside

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: MOS and BvS are in my top 10 after all these years still so I know I'll like it. Also Whedon's cut is so universally despised that I'm sure that even people not fond of Snyder's style may grow to like his JL a small bit.

Yeah, I think this just might be its only saving grace. I loved BvS as well. Especially UC. But I have zero faith in JL Snyder Cut being good. It might just be better than Wheadon's cut, as you said, but that's hardly saying much.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: dude i dont get you sometimes. You loved MoS. Yet you hated BvS and then claimed that Snyder deflected criticism to the fans. Yet we've seen what real fan blaming looks like since then (star wars, ghost busters, comics, etc.) and all Deb an Zack really said was they thought fans weren't ready for a deconstruction, which is tame in comparison. Then fans rally behind Snyder and contribute a couple hundred thousand dollars to suicide prevention, which would be the reason why he was dead inside - his deceased daughter. Seriously man 😤

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gracetrack

BvS is a top 5... scratch that, a top 3 all-time CBM for me (warts and all), and Man of Steel is pretty high up there for me, too. So, I'm looking forward to this. Whether it turns out to be good or not is beside the point. I think it deserves to be released if for no other reason than because it was Snyder's actual vision for JL.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: dude i dont get you sometimes. You loved MoS. Yet you hated BvS and then claimed that Snyder deflected criticism to the fans. Yet we've seen what real fan blaming looks like since then (star wars, ghost busters, comics, etc.) and all Deb an Zack really said was they thought fans weren't ready for a deconstruction, which is tame in comparison. Then fans rally behind Snyder and contribute a couple hundred thousand dollars to suicide prevention, which would be the reason why he was dead inside - his deceased daughter. Seriously man 😤

Apologies for my salty response. When you said the man was dead inside got me trigged.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apologies for my salty response. When you said the man was dead inside got me trigged.

When you say things like "my Batman would be raped", am I far off?

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thing still going on?

I'm not actually that surprised. Whatever criticism I have of Snyder, his vision on superheroes was probably the most personal we've ever seen on a major studio film. Despite the many detractors, it makes sense that said vision would be shared by a sizable ammount of people, and that said people would be passionate because those are the only superhero movies with these sensibilities.

Purely as a matter of principle, this should be released. Provided it's a limited release, it'll most likely be commercially successful. I wouldn't watch it myself, though.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though it's been nearly three years, at least we are getting a version of JL that might be good. Might. I'm interested.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What’s the use in commenting and spreading negativity about Snyder as a creator/person and this cut as a whole? Unnecessary.

Anyway, I’m hyped. We’ll finally get a JL movie that’s actually worth something.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:

That was said during the filming of watchmen right? And it was obviously a joke because it never happened in BvS. Haters were throwing that around during the slamming of MoS, you know this. You were part of those debates 😒

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SaintWildcard
@heatforce said:
@saintwildcard said:

That was said during the filming of watchmen right? And it was obviously a joke because it never happened in BvS. Haters were throwing that around during the slamming of MoS, you know this. You were part of those debates 😒

No Caption Provided

A joke cus it didn't happen? Im mean... even WB has their limits when it comes to SNyder's edgy nonsense, raping of a major hero is probably a bridge to far. But considering his views on the genre, I wouldn't put it past him honestly

Edit: oh, and he did equally edgey shit in BvS. Rumored that his dead Robin was Dick and he killed Jimmy "for fun". He's sick

Actually, I wasn't that active before MoS came out, and only became more active after. I wasn't part of those debates prior it's release. As I said, I saw the comments later and brushed them off before BvS came out, but only once it came out, and after all I've seen from him, it's obvious his views haven't changed that much.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:
@saintwildcard said:

No Caption Provided

A joke cus it didn't happen? Im mean... even WB has their limits when it

comes to SNyder's edgy nonsense, raping of a major hero is probably a bridge to far. But considering his views on the genre, I wouldn't put it past him honestly

Edit: oh, and he did equally edgey shit in BvS. Rumored that his dead Robin was Dick and he killed Jimmy "for fun". He's sick

Actually, I wasn't that active before MoS came out, and only became more active after. I wasn't part of those debates prior it's release. As I said, I saw the comments later and brushed them off before BvS came out, but only once it came out, and after all I've seen from him, it's obvious his views haven't changed that much.

Fine. I remember the MoS wars differently but I'll take that as my misjudgment. I apologize and won't lay these criticisms against you again. I still like a majority of your posts anyways and you're a fellow supes fan so lets 🤝

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

lmao wouldn't it be hilarious if it was just...really f**king good?