Impact

batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By batstroke2000

The Searchers is one of the most overrated pieces of racist, sexist, colonialist, genocidal, problematic leaning garbage exalting manifest destiny I have ever seen. It also blatantly justifies the ultra-macho, backwords-thinking white man massacring the Native Indians all for some chick he has to rescue just because she was the same race John Wayne's character Ethan Edwards was. Lowest common-denominator tripe made for old, out of touch, rich white male booomers who can't process with their own minds the fact that the world has and will always evolve.

2001>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Searchers

The Godfather>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Searchers

The Shawshank Redemption>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Searchers

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Searchers

The Dark Knight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Searchers

Pulp Fiction>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Searchers

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zafros13

@batstroke2000: While I didn’t like The Searchers at all, I felt like it was a criticism of that racist mentality and not advocating for it.

But maybe since I went into it knowing it’s highly rated, but being really bored by it, I might have been reaching for something non-existent being there.

TeaParty88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TeaParty88
@batstroke2000 said:

The Searchers is one of the most overrated pieces of racist, sexist, colonialist, genocidal, problematic leaning garbage exalting manifest destiny I have ever seen. It also blatantly justifies the ultra-macho, backwords-thinking white man massacring the Native Indians all for some chick he has to rescue just because she was the same race John Wayne's character Ethan Edwards was. Lowest common-denominator tripe made for old, out of touch, rich white male booomers who can't process with their own minds the fact that the world has and will always evolve.

This is probably the most dumbest take i've read in this website. its really true that narrative/character literacy is slowly dying lmao.

OT: The Searchers >>>>>>>>>> RDR2

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By tparks

@teaparty88: That’s every one of his comments. I don’t care which side of the aisle someone is on, but he’s brainwashed into viewing everything through the lens of one extreme side. Not to mention his comment is also kind of racist and classist in itself. And I’m almost positive that he never even saw the movie.

It’s also so stupid to think a movie set in a historical period should not reflect that period of history.

OT: I personally like Searchers more for nostalgia reasons. I watched every John Wayne movie there is with my grandpa as a kid. But I can acknowledge that RDR2 has a better story and characters.