Which movie has aged better - Civil War or The Dark Knight Rises?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Which movie has aged better - Civil War or The Dark Knight Rises? (31 votes)

Civil War 26%
Rises 74%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Both of these movies reputation has gotten lower during the years, just a few people still think these two are on par with their predecessors. IMO they’re both great films, just a little worse than TDK and TWS which are the best movies from each franchise.

Which one has aged better for you? I noticed in rewatched, you see some flaws in both films but there is still a lot of good stuff which make either better than most CBMs like MoS, Logan etc. what do you think?

• 
skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

TDKR stomps.

I rewatched it just recently and it's still amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Rises, not even close. It's a fantastic film. CW was good fun, and certainly has its merits, but it's really nothing special.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rises, not even close. It's a fantastic film. CW was good fun, and certainly has its merits, but it's really nothing special.

Yet, you can't argue why Logan is better than Civil War.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw said:

Yet, you can't argue why Logan is better than Civil War.

You PM'd me saying to let you know when I wanted to debate Logan vs CW. I will do it in my own time, when I please.

Until then stop tagging me about it incessantly, because you're simply beginning to get irritating.

I like Logan better than CW for reasons which I've already stated (IMO better cinematography, action, directing, story, emotional depth, far better acting etc.) and will expand upon later.

It seems as though, for some reason, you're personally offended by the fact that I (along with most people) prefer Logan. Just relax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: No, you're allowed to your opinion but you said I was "overrating" and fanboying over Civil War, this is why I wanted to see the reasoning.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: No, you're allowed to your opinion but you said I was "overrating" and fanboying over Civil War, this is why I wanted to see the reasoning.

Lol, what? Where in my comment here have I said you're 'fanboying'?

You're seeing more than what's there.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War is still an entertaining watch with some good and cool moments, but TDKR is still better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The colors don't even hold up in civil war

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Rises

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a direct comparison, Civil War.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, it’s not that amazing of a movie. Average acting, unconvincing/last minute antagonist, almost no character development besides Wanda, and no real emotional resonance. It’s very entertaining and I love watching it, but objectively it is an average film with above average action (Civil War that is)

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sufferedtoker: I don’t feel like debating it. I know I’m not the first person to say ur overrating CW today and I know i won’t be the last. We all like what we like. There’s no need to try and make it something it’s not

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is EXTREMELY UNFAIR of you to ask which one has aged well when both films came out in different years where the technological equipment available would be different.

kbjvhijh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tdkr reputation is actually pretty great. It was in the top 4 cbm ever on a list here a couple months ago

noob328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

the entire trilogy ages like a fine wine

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR has not aged well and I will never understand a counter opinion. It has a very poor villain, then an even weaker villain, with two underwhelming deaths that make them throw away characters. Catwoman is a waste and over acted, the action is sub par at best, and the plot is genuinely ridiculous. Points in the story that make no sense get zero flak, while people never stop complaining about airport scene because it makes them "different". Civil War is a good movie with good action, and interesting new characters. TDKR is a major step down from it's predecessor, and would have you believing there is an entirely different creative team behind it. It also completely wastes my favorite villain.