Wish is still at $81M after its second weekend at the worldwide box office. 2023 has been a terrible year for Disney.

• 66 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghostodoofus2  Online

This movie needs $500M just to break even....

No Caption Provided

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang I was actually excited for this cause the movie actually looked like it was gonna be good.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not a big deal. Some Disney animated films have received negative reviews like Chicken Little, Atlantis and The Black Cauldron in the past.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If they were bribing critics I seriously doubt if they'd mysteriously stop taking the money.

Saiyan_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from MCU they don't have anything remotely going on from their own creative pov. All of the other blockbusters are mostly bought by them.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ghostodoofus2  Online

@straight-fire: They are stretched thin this year, it's either pay off the critics or RT's audience score and they picked the latter.

RT alone probably demanded less money than critics. It is already far more difficult to write a professional review of a film as a critic than a casual one as some internet user, to write a rave review for a movie you only pretend to enjoy is even harder. Of course critics would demand a fortune if they are putting themselves at reputational risk.

Lets not forget that some critics may actually take their profession seriously and have more integrity. Eventually, passion would take precedence over higher income.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@saiyan_ross: I would've added Star Wars but it's at an even worse state than the MCU, one could argue.

Saiyan_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saiyan_Ross

@ghostodoofus2: lol Star Wars was actually acquired by Disney from Lucasfilm on 2012 which was actually an independent production company before this. Same case for Indiana Jones.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@saiyan_ross: Star Wars was mostly fine until Disney took over and sacrificed the lore for propaganda. Indiana Jones 5 is one of the biggest flops ever.

Saiyan_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saiyan_Ross

@ghostodoofus2: Its like "if you can't compete with others. Buy them and THEN destroy them." 😂

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@saiyan_ross: It'd be less embarrassing for them if that's their actual mindset, unfortunately (for them) it's not.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did people want this movie to fail or something?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 death4bunnies  Moderator

@ghostodoofus2:

Lol …

When RT is good it’s paid critics!!!

When it’s bad that’s obviously real!!!!

….ummm also please don’t look at audience score.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghostodoofus2  Online

@death4bunnies: That's only the case for Disney films, sometimes they bribe the critics and other times the RT technicians. I can still trust both sets of RT scores for, say, John Wick or Dune films but if I need to validate the quality of Disney films, I check the user scores on Metacritic.

Saiyan_Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saiyan_Ross

Those bunch of stooges at Disney only ever hit a lottery once in their life time. And that's with MCU. Otherwise there is no single shred of originality as well as creativity to ACTUALLY create by their own shit. Only thing that they can do is buy and pay to own those shit that they can't even dream about creating their own. So yes I totally agree with Ghostodoofus paying those critics. Same way they already bought all those film rights to blockbusters or commercially popular franchises.

Ieatnettles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the main princess basically a winey woke villian anyway?

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@straight-fire said:

If they were bribing critics I seriously doubt if they'd mysteriously stop taking the money.

If they were bribing anyone there'd be insane backlash like there was for that tiny indie company doing so for a couple dozen reviews lol. Must be the greatest cover-up in history if thousands of people can keep it under wraps

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress said:

Not a big deal. Some Disney animated films have received negative reviews like Chicken Little, Atlantis and The Black Cauldron in the past.

I don't know why all the hate for The Black Cauldron, really. It was dark and ambitious, I also loved how scary the Horned King was.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Audience scores are borderline, but looking at a bunch of other reviews, part of me feels like audience scores will like shit just because.

Gotta watch it myself to get a good grasp but, even ignoring the scores, I doubt Disney is putting out anything good in 2023.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: That's only the case for Disney films, sometimes they bribe the critics and other times the RT technicians. I can still trust both sets of RT scores for, say, John Wick or Dune films but if I need to validate the quality of Disney films, I check the user scores on Metacritic.

Lol but you believe bad scores for Disney but think any good score(even in its past) was paid critics.. then tell us please don’t look at the audience score?

Come on mate.. you can see the humor in that.. right?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress said:

I don't know why all the hate for The Black Cauldron, really. It was dark and ambitious, I also loved how scary the Horned King was.

Maybe because Gurgi was annoying af, basically the proto-Jar Jar Binks lol:

Loading Video...

I do agree there's a lot to appreciate about it though.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ghostodoofus2  Online

@death4bunnies: Bruv, I'm telling you not to be fooled by the audience score. It's what Disney does now, they do the bare minimum on the creative side of filmmaking but market the shit out of their new films like it's the next best thing. Their quantity over quality business model may have worked before when consumers consumed Disney without question but relying on your brand name alone can only sustain them for so long.

Just read the positive audience reviews for this film or heck, the reviews for Obi-Wan Kenobi, Thor: Love and Thunder or Indiana Jones 5, on RT then tell me they don't resemble reviews of paid shills you see on infomercials for some vacuum cleaner.

You know it's ironic, Disney is woke but can't wake up to reality. They'd rather gaslight detractors than admit to their ineptitude.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never heard of this. I thought Wish was a Website where you buy stuff off of.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies: Bruv, I'm telling you not to be fooled by the audience score. It's what Disney does now, they do the bare minimum on the creative side of filmmaking but market the shit out of their new films like it's the next best thing. Their quantity over quality business model may have worked before when consumers consumed Disney without question but relying on your brand name alone can only sustain them for so long.

Just read the positive audience reviews for this film or heck, the reviews for Obi-Wan Kenobi, Thor: Love and Thunder or Indiana Jones 5, on RT then tell me they don't resemble reviews of paid shills you see on infomercials for some vacuum cleaner.

You know it's ironic, Disney is woke but can't wake up to reality. They'd rather gaslight detractors than admit to their ineptitude.

Lol yeah you’re trying to say ‘bad scores are real but good scores are paid shills’ … even the old MCU movies.. it’s funny, take a step back and you will see it’s funny. … based on ‘just read the reviews‘.. I leave corny reviews here and there, and like the movies, so not real evidence?

PS: I like woke... could use more of it imo.

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but the idea that Disney unironically pays for reviews is actually ridiculous. It would have to be one of the greatest covers of all time, and frankly, if it was done on the scale you're constantly implying, the FTC would have delivered the rock bottom on the company a while ago. It's just not feasible regardless of your opinion of the company as a whole.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ghostodoofus2:

Lol …

When RT is good it’s paid critics!!!

When it’s bad that’s obviously real!!!!

….ummm also please don’t look at audience score.

Right??

The double standard here is crazy.

catofellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is Disney has to make a tremendous volume of content to attract subscribers to Disney+, which is limiting their ability to devote enough resources to each individual project.

If Disney+ didn't exist these films would have more time to be developed. They would have greater access to vfx that is basically being rationed, would have less pressure to hit certain windows to avoid competing with other company projects, and they could be more selective over scripts, actors, directors, etc. etc.

Disney can scale down on the volume of content they produce the way Warner Bros Discovery has, but the likely affect is we'll see the Disney+ subscriber count drop the way Max has.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@ghostodoofus2 said:

Lol yeah you’re trying to say ‘bad scores are real but good scores are paid shills’ … even the old MCU movies.. it’s funny, take a step back and you will see it’s funny. … based on ‘just read the reviews‘.. I leave corny reviews here and there, and like the movies, so not real evidence?

I would've argued back but upon reading this, I know it's futile. Guess we are just fundamentally different; if you're happy with woke, good for you.

You are free to like whatever you like, I can respect your right to do that even if I don't like what you like. No grudge here, we may be ideologically opposed but it's nothing personal man.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good (no i’m not against this movie cause disneys woke like the schizophrenics say I just hate wish)

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If what the leaks are saying are true this is gonna be another Marvels

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@greysentinel365: I'm afraid it'll perform far worse, the budget is between $175M and $200M and I believe even less people will see it.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman said:

Maybe because Gurgi was annoying af, basically the proto-Jar Jar Binks lol:

I do agree there's a lot to appreciate about it though.

Gurgi was bad, yea, but I liked the movie overall.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@wastelandman: Oh God, that little bastard was insufferable. By the time he made his sacrifice, I was basically thinking "Good, stay dead" at that point. Truly heart breaking that he lived.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 death4bunnies  Moderator

@death4bunnies said:
@ghostodoofus2 said:

I would've argued back but upon reading this, I know it's futile. Guess we are just fundamentally different; if you're happy with woke, good for you.

You are free to like whatever you like, I can respect your right to do that even if I don't like what you like. No grudge here, we may be ideologically opposed but it's nothing personal man.

Fair… same to you.. I can respect your opinions even if they differ from mine… then again I think Sharknado 3 is high cinema so I’ve been told i might not be the best judge.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@ghostodoofus2 said:
@death4bunnies said:
@ghostodoofus2 said:

Fair… same to you.. I can respect your opinions even if they differ from mine… then again I think Sharknado 3 is high cinema so I’ve been told i might not be the best judge.

It's all good, I myself am more entertained by The Room than most films. "You are tearing me apart, Lisa!"

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straight-fire said:

If they were bribing anyone there'd be insane backlash like there was for that tiny indie company doing so for a couple dozen reviews lol. Must be the greatest cover-up in history if thousands of people can keep it under wraps

LMAO exactly

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care about Disney animation I lost interest after frozen 2 (loved the movie btw) Disney has lost it's touch in animation.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@mage101: Not just in animation... in everything it seems.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shouldn't feel contented about this, but somehow I can't help myself.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@agmine570: Don't feel guilty, Disney deserves it.

normanale835

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By normanale835

Yesh, "Disney Bad".

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@normanale835: "Bad" is an understatement at this point. Their failure has become a comedy gag.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: I seriously do believe certain(or most) critics sites and youtube channels do get paid by the mouse. Like, 'Lightyear' in the 'Top 10 best movies of 2022'? Good one, watchmojo. Either they really don't know anything about movies, or there's something else.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@agmine570: Disney is corrupt to its very core. Yep, bribery was definitely involved.

Agmine570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2: It'd be hilarious if this one somehow makes it to any honorable top10 list. Like it's not even subtle.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@agmine570: Disney's been losing money rapidly, they can't afford to bribe anymore and the less they can bribe critics, the worse their movies will bomb. Vicious cycle, but they got themselves into it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49 the_stegman  Moderator

This has not been a great year for Disney

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ghostodoofus2  Online

@the_stegman: This has been a year of revenge against Disney.