Anything you were surprised to hear people didn't like?

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ever watch a show/move, listen to a band, read a book, etc. that you really liked, and later found out most people don't? Or ever get into something knowing that people didn't like it and found yourself being a fan?

For me, I was surprised people hated AJR. They seemed at worst, overplayed, but I didn't realize people thought they were the worst band out there. I was also surprised when watching the Amazing Spider-Man movies, as they seemed so much better than the Raimi films that I'd seen people call superior for years.

OfficialTopG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OfficialTopG  Online

Why do people "hate" AJR? Their songs are absolutely amazing!

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officialtopg: I've heard that their lyrics are corny and that the compositions are poor.

cj_the_dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or ever get into something knowing that people didn't like it and found yourself being a fan?

The Last of Us Part II is probably a chief example of something where I knew many people disliked it going in. However, after experiencing the story, I wasn't particularly sure what there was to complain about. I've engaged with many criticisms of the game to find out, yet none of them have done anything to convince me it's not almost as good as the first.