Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LilacPlasmaBeam

Pretty self explanatory, name any activity you can/have/will do to cure boredom and the user below rates it on a scale of 1 to 10 while stating their own. Be as creative and wacky as you like and you just might give a bored random person something fun to do (like me).

Also nothing too off-the-rails crazy, sane stuff.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go first.

Gaming.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Referee  Online

6ish, By far I'm not a gamer, but I do own an X-Box 360, and from time to time I'll spend a couple minutes a day on it.

You-Tube

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee: That's nice. Seems like a healthy balance. 7/10 for YT, it's nice but the dopamine wears off after a while lol.

Late night hikes

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Referee  Online

When I was younger they were the best, My friends and I would walk the neighborhood almost every night. Now as an adult they're not as fun. So overall I'll rate it a 7, maybe 7ish

Eating Snacks!

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee: Awesome!

I'll admit, mindless snacking really does hit the spot sometimes. I'd go as far as to give it an 8, possibly higher.

Listening to music.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot to tag people that might be interested (referee is already here :) )

@arctika: @Reaper4: @Eisenfauste:

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

An 8 for the music.

Feed the wiki and get yelled at by the mods as soon as you type something wrong.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LilacPlasmaBeam

@jacdec: Ig that's basic trolling, why not? It's fun once in a while. 7/10

Brooding/Deep thought

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Referee  Online

Take a nap

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArranVid2

This is a well made thread, thank you OP :-). I do not take naps that often, I do that very rarely. My sister takes naps often, and so does my dad, but I do not take naps often. I take naps when I am tired from work, but I do not really use it as a boredom killer. My rating for taking a nap is 7/10.

Playing online chess on Chess.com, I do that sometimes to kill boredom. What rating would you give playing online chess on Chess.com? I would give that a rating of 8/10.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 arctika  Online

Cool thread.

Used to be into Chess years back, but imo not exactly the most exciting game. Definitely tactical and requires a healthy amount of strategy but for me if I'm bored or sleepy, I need a more excitable game that'll keep me on my toes. I will say 6/10 for chess.

Working out.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: @arranvid2: Thanks. As for working out, 6.5 ish, if it's at home, 8 if it's at a gym, especially if it's quiet or it's only my trainer or my gym bros that are present, the tranquility helps.

This is probably weird but researching and gawking over expensive shit that would probably take years of work to save up for.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 arctika  Online

Probably 5/10 simply because taking years would suck not to lie and it would only be torturing myself lol.

Gaming online.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: Decent, but bad network could be a pain sometimes. 6ish.

Hanging out with friends

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 arctika  Online

9/10 usually great unless nobody has a clue what to do then you're just bored with company haha but otherwise usually good.

Walking and playing with your Dog.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArranVid2

I have an allergy to dogs. I remember visiting one of my dad's friends when I was a child. He had two big dogs, and I had a bad allergic reaction to the big two dogs, lol. I do not have a pet dog. Some dogs are friendly, playful and loyal. I would not like to take a dog for a walk, and I do not like to clean up dog poo and stuff, lol. I used to have a pet rabbit, and it was hard work for the family to clean him and stuff. I also used to have pet fish, and they were also quite difficult to look after. Walking and playing with a dog can have its happy and fun moments though. I will give a rating of 5/10, lol :-)

How much would you rate being on ComicVine as a boredom killer? I would rate it as 8/10 I think :-)

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7/10. Can definitely keep me distracted for like 5 minutes

Scratch programming

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilacplasmabeam said:

This is probably weird but researching and gawking over expensive shit that would probably take years of work to save up for.

I kind of do this. Usually it's just an action figure that's a few hundred dollars, but it is actually pretty fun thinking about how you could get all the money

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By arctika  Online

Never tried it but I have toyed with similar apps as well as and some music making apps where you have to program each sound how you want. 7/10 for stuff like that.

Doing brain exercises on your phone.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: Programming yes, but not exactly scratch. And the action figure craze be relatable asf.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: 9/10 for sure. Love a good riddle to get my brain firing.

Horror movies.

Avatar image for platinumchalice
PlatinumChalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7/10.

Youtube Horror/Tragic stories

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilacplasmabeam: Yeah, I spend a lot of time just programming, but Scratch is so easy you can sort of space out

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@platinumchalice: I remember scrolling and stumbling upon one of these at night and not being able to sleep lol, it's a decent kick tho. 7.

Trolling ChatGPT

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Referee  Online

Shorts on YouTube

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArranVid2

Meh, I was never that interested in the Shorts on YouTube. I prefer the lengthy videos on YouTube. I think the lengthy videos and documentaries and stuff on YouTube can be great boredom killers...but the Shorts are too short to be proper boredom killers for me...they are actually boring themselves, in my opinion. I remember someone saying that YouTube Shorts copied those short TikTok videos...and I can see the similarities, I think. I do not have TikTok, but some of my friends send TikTok videos related to work, and I have seen some TikTok videos and they look too annoying and boring to me...I do not like the quick pace...it is like each video is made to give quick dopamine rushes so that you watch short video after short video after short video...same thing with YouTube shorts. I prefer watching a lengthy YouTube video, where I can sit down and relax and watch the whole video while settling down with a warm mug of water or a warm mug of black tea and stuff, lol. I will rate YouTube Shorts as 6/10 :-)

How much would you rate reading your favourite newspaper as a boredom killer? I would rate it as an 8/10. I prefer to watch YouTube videos and go on online social media as a way of killing boredom, but I still think that reading my favourite newspaper is a very good boredom killer too :-)

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Referee  Online

4, I could see how it would pass the time efficiently, but I've never been a newspaper kind of guy.

Taking a sauna, what you do is you go to your bathroom and place a towel under the door. You then turn on the sink and shower as hot as you can get, then wait for the steam to fill the room. All you have to do then is sit back and enjoy it.

I have done this several times at college and it will relax you.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By catlike

If I have to enjoy the sauna in my own bathroom, I would probably rate it a 4/10 because I would be looking at my water bill and then I'd be thinking to myself "Wtf". I feel like the stress I would feel while seeing the bill would outweigh the relaxation period I had a month earlier.

Now, if I make myself go to a 'dedicated' sauna at a local location, I'd rate it a 7.5/10 (probably). Also, this is an awesome thread by the way!

How would you rate a walk from your workplace to your house as a boredom killer? If it's a long commute, pretend that you're walking only part-way. Let's say it's a three-mile weighted jog -- weighted because you'll be carrying some lightweight work supplies that weigh around 7 lbs (in a backpack) for the purpose of extra calorie-burning. Be honest!

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 arctika  Online

Well I've walked to my schools in the past from my house and back for exercise and boredom, but they were also within a decent range of a few miles at most. All of my jobs have been far too long to walk there and back but the general concept of school I'll use say 6.5/10 it's not the worst but not the best.

Brushing and cleaning your teeth for not just a few minutes but like a half hour.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahaha I actually used to do that a long time ago XD. I was diagnosed with OCD by a Clinical Psychologist many years ago. I sort of have OCD I think, my mum thinks that the Clinical Psychologist misdiagnosed me and she does not think I have OCD. There was a time when I would spend many hours cleaning myself after I did a number 2. I also would spend around 15 minutes to 1 hour brushing and cleaning my teeth. I think I was spending very long times in the bathroom because of mental scarring I got from the bullying I received from some teachers and stuff...I think it was related to poor mental health. After my mental health became better, and when the bullying lessened, I spent the normal amount of time cleaning and brushing my teeth that I used to do when I was a child i.e. around a few seconds to a few minutes. I would say that brushing and cleaning my teeth for around 30 minutes would not really be a boredom killer for me...I would feel stressed because I am busy with work and stuff and I would not want to waste too much time in the bathroom brushing my teeth when it could be done very quickly in a few seconds or a few minutes so I would rate that as a 7/10 boredom killer :-)

How much would you rate watching programmes on the television as a boredom killer? I would rate that as a 8/10 boredom killer :-)

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Referee  Online

IDK, If it's a really good show or a fun no-brainer, then I'd give it an 8. But if it's some random show you might get even more bored!

Make a Sandwich!

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee: If my OCD kicks in then making the sandwich perfect on all angles and adding the right amount of anything becomes nothing short of a mission for me. Satisfying to watch and do though. 8/10.

Creating main character scenarios of yourself in your head.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Referee  Online

@referee: If my OCD kicks in then making the sandwich perfect on all angles and adding the right amount of anything becomes nothing short of a mission for me. Satisfying to watch and do though. 8/10.

Oh yes when a man makes a sandwich it's an art-form!

O.T. - (Creating main character scenarios of yourself in your head) = 6

Fidget spinner or other hand held objects

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 arctika  Online

8/10 I have a few, a good way to kill some time as you can do tricks with them too.

A Yo-Yo.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I find Yo-Yos boring to be honest, lol :-). I would rate Yo-Yos as a 6/10.

How much would you rate playing retro videogames on a World Wide Web emulator on a laptop (or a Personal Computer) as a boredom killer? I would rate that as an 8/10 :-).

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid2: Retro games? The nostalgia gonna hit hard. 9/10.

Drawing.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 arctika  Online

9/10

Playing with Magnetic Silly Putty or Thinking Putty.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Referee  Online

7, At first they work great but after a minute or two they add to the boredom.

Read a Comic Book ??

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 arctika  Online

9/10

Do a crossword puzzle?

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By arctika  Online

6/10 Unfortunately the movies like imaxs, concerts, clubs hurt my ears and gives me a massive headache.

Watching a sports game.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Referee  Online

Pick up a new hobby!

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 arctika  Online

8/10

Throwing Darts.

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Referee  Online

3, I do not dance! Not Ball Room dancing, not break-dancing a not whatever they do today.

Shoot some hoops

LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee: lol same, I suck at all types of dancing except latter which can be actually interesting when you learn them. Shooting hoops are cool, but I ain't that good at it. 6ish.

Watching the night sky

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Referee  Online

@lilacplasmabeam: Cool to know, And I can't even to the Carlton!

O.T. - 9 for me, I love looking at the stars, every year I swear I'll learn the constellations but I never do. Instead I have a Sky Map alt on my phone that points them out for me. I only wish I did not have so many trees in my neighborhood!

Play with your pet, (either cat or dog, so assume you have whatever breed you choose)

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 arctika  Online

9/10

Meditating.