Would you remove scars on your face?

MaderFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you remove scars on your face? (12 votes)

Of course 0%
Depends on the scar 58%
Most people would 0%
Nah, no need those scars we have make us who we are 42%
You're pathetic, seek help 0%
I pity you 0%

Years ago when I was little, in fourth grade I tried to repair my own bicycle using a screwdriver but accidentally my hand slipped and the screwdriver actually stabbed my face, it wasn't fatal but now it leaves a scar...sometimes I feel lucky I wasn't seriously injured... it didn't pierce my right eye, but I still lacked confidence, leaving a scar on my right cheek... plus chicken pox scars and acne scars, made me lacked confidence. And it's true that I'm shy by nature, it's difficult to socialize...even to approach a woman. I sometimes I'm afraid...no one says I'm ugly, but why do I feel uncomfortable with my appearance after I try to change clothes or get a haircut...am I having a crisis of confidence...? If you were me, would you have to remove the scar?

• 
Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maderflame: I would not worry about it, and I understand having burn scars on part of my face. Just make sure what's inside is kind, awesome and a good person to be around and while you still may get some odd looks, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By dshipp17

I did something to that effect unintentionally, when I was little, too. And, I don't know, but maybe I'll be saying too much; for the less embarrassing one, I loved having my dog lick my face and noise area; dog years are different from human years so his being eight years old wasn't the same as my being eight years old; I thought me were looking face to face but the dog more viewed me as a pup; so, he nicked my lip and left a permanent scar for me; it's on the upper right of my upper lip and still barely visible but it looks nice. However, I got a permanent scar on my lower lip on the left side by more embarrassing means but let's just say it had something to do with scars or more precisely scabs; not realizing, I'd permanently maimed myself (e.g. probably unintendedly hurt a vein or artery or something so it stuck); just recently, I had to stop bleeding on my lip because of this habit, also, but I'm way more careful.

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Supreme101

Depends

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dshipp17

After looking in the mirror, I've found that all of my scars have largely healed and barely recognizable now, especially on my lower left lip; but, for as long as I could remember and was paying very close attention, they were there to me.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#6 BumpyBoo  Moderator

I know how you feel. I have a mole on my cheek that I used to be super self conscious about. Plus a lot of scars on my arms. I think there comes a point where you can make peace with yourself and accept that these things make you unique and tell the story of your life. They aren't good or bad they're just you, a part of who you are. Anyone else who can't get past it or judges it negatively is someone you don't need in your life

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: That stinks man. Sounds like you may have hit a vein rather than an artery though, since one is definitely worse than the other due to differing pressures within the circulatory system.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dshipp17
@sundown89 said:

@dshipp17: That stinks man. Sounds like you may have hit a vein rather than an artery though, since one is definitely worse than the other due to differing pressures within the circulatory system.

Thanks for the correction; I meant a vein (e.g. certainly, not an artery). And, now that my mind is constantly on it, it hurts constantly and reminds me of it like it was just yesterday.

Hearing this story really made me feel; she hoped that help was about to come, but...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sundown89

@dshipp17: My intention wasn’t to cause you more pain apologies for that.

Yeah I saw that same story, the fact that the paramedics from the Red Crescent were killed trying to get to her is just another layer of horrific on top since, as a humanitarian agency travelling in clearly marked vehicles militaries shouldn’t be targeting them.

Edit: Not to say that you specifically were targeting them but more of a general ‘you’.

Also Redeemed Zoomer doesn’t make the best arguments IMO, some of the things he brings up in that video are not even addressing atheism. I’d say go and have a look at Viced Rhino’s response to see how atheists actually respond to those questions/concepts.

milaganenogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By milaganenogan

Sure, they might not always be aesthetically pleasing, but they're a part of who we are. They show resilience and strength. Now, would I remove my scars if given the chance? Honestly, I'm not sure. Sure, there are days when I wish they weren't there, especially when they seem to be the only thing people notice. But then I remember all the experiences that led to those scars, the lessons learned, the memories made. If you're considering removing your scar, that's totally valid. Everyone's journey with their appearance is different. But before you make any decisions, maybe take some time to really think about what that scar means to you. And hey, if you do decide to go for it, there are options out there like Pico laser for acne scars which I've heard can be pretty effective. At the end of the day, what matters most is how you feel about yourself.

TodNoah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TodNoah

Yes, I really want to do this, but I'm a little bit afraid of the consequences. I found out that Canadian Pharmacy Partnership offers various products and treatments that can help to heal scars. From topical creams to advanced medical procedures, they provide accessible and reliable solutions tailored to individual needs. I think I will try it first. Ultimately, the decision to remove scars should be made with careful consideration and consultation with healthcare professionals.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I would not remove the scar.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sorry that you went through that, by the way :-(

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it would depend if it fades or is even slightly visible, no. If I feel it is very noticable and in a bad spot I probably would definitely do whatever I could to look better.