Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've just been getting into Thor and I came across this on FB:

So clearly all don't know much of Thor

So Superman regularly holds his own against Darkseid who is slightly more powerful than Supes

Well Thor is LEAGUES above Superman

Remember how Supes crossed 100 galaxies in 3 days?

Thor crossed the universe in 18 hours

No comparison

Remember how Supes tanked a blast that would've destroyed half a galaxy?

Thor took an explosion that destroyed 1/5th of the universe

No comparison

Remember how Supes star bust when he uses infinite mass punches?

Thor bust galaxies with his god blast

No comparison

I can go on but hopefully the point is clear haha

Thor >>> Supes

Thor is MUCH faster than Darkseid with MUCH higher durability and destructive output

Do NOT underestimate Thor

I know that Thor>Superman, but is Thor really that strong? If he is can you post scans of these feats as well? I was just kinda dumbfounded by this TBH.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@your_friendly_azn: This is actually completely bias and dumb who ever posted this has never read any Superman comic and has no idea about some of the feats he's done.

Superman flew past the entire MULTIVERSE in 2 minutes

He's tanked hits equal to the force of the Big Bang

Superman can seal holes in the fabric of the universe with his Heat Vision

Superman>Thor all day every day

Avatar image for your_friendly_azn
Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

naw bro. at worst its debatable but Thor can handle supes. only problem is both characters have been ridiculously inconsistently written in terms of power level and speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@your_friendly_azn: No he isn't he can do some crazy things but nothing like this.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

naw bro. at worst its debatable but Thor can handle supes. only problem is both characters have been ridiculously inconsistently written in terms of power level and speed.

Agree. But I give Superman the edge since he's already dealt with characters similar to Thor (Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Black Adam, Aquaman, Captain Marvel or Shazam if you prefer) and they are all Magic character's and the only Magic Character that I have named that could take on a non holding back Superman is Black Adam. Superman once was not holding back and took out the entire Justice League consisting of Batman, Shazam, Power Girl, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and more all in a matter of seconds. he one shotted them all and even Lex stated that Superman was more powerful than they ever imagined. Thor can handle Supes but I just think Superman has the edge.

Speed: Superman>Thor (Superman is faster)

Strength: Superman>Thor (Superman is stronger)

Power: Thor>Superman (Thor is more powerful)

Durability: Superman=Thor (They are equal in terms of durability)

Stamina: Superman=Thor (They are equal in terms of stamina)

what do you think?

MightyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MightyBeast

I agree but I think they are bout equal in strength too.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Superman has the speed, strength and reaction advantages and Thor has the striking, energy projection and slightly better durability feats than Superman. In a proper fight, it's Superman that can take Thor handily.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@your_friendly_azn: No he isn't he can do some crazy things but nothing like this.

@phisigmatau said:

Agree. But I give Superman the edge since he's already dealt with characters similar to Thor (Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Black Adam, Aquaman, Captain Marvel or Shazam if you prefer) and they are all Magic character's and the only Magic Character that I have named that could take on a non holding back Superman is Black Adam. Superman once was not holding back and took out the entire Justice League consisting of Batman, Shazam, Power Girl, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and more all in a matter of seconds. he one shotted them all and even Lex stated that Superman was more powerful than they ever imagined. Thor can handle Supes but I just think Superman has the edge.

what do you think?

Thor is Stronger

Thor is More durable

Thor and supes have equal Stamina

Thor more powerful

superman is farrrr faster

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Superman has the speed, strength and reaction advantages and Thor has the striking, energy projection and slightly better durability feats than Superman. In a proper fight, it's Superman that can take Thor handily.

and how can Supes do this exactly????

Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybeee I should move this to the battles section? Lol

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dum529001

@your_friendly_azn:

Examples of Thor's power

Thor flexes and snaps adamantium alloy cables like they were nothing, from Thor #309:

No Caption Provided

Does this look familiar? Twenty years later, Thor literally re-performs his feat of lifting a metal railway and sustaining the weight of a passing train as it races by, from Thor #319:

No Caption Provided

Early on, Thor pushes over the Leaning Tower of Pisa with his finger, from Journey Into Mystery #92:

No Caption Provided

And large numbers already are quantified as Thor leg presses millions of tons of rock onto the Destroyer, from Journey Into Mystery #119:

No Caption Provided

After the villain, Graviton, finds his powers uncontrollable, he compresses an entire floating city into a sphere, and Thor, along with several other Avengers, find themselves supporting and then heaving millions of tons of weight into the Atlantic, from Avengers #159:

No Caption Provided

Thor tows the small island, Hydrobase, into New York harbor, from Avengers #301:

No Caption Provided

At the conclusion of Acts of Vengeance, Thor closes a chasm of a "million tons of earth" over Loki, fromWest Coast Avengers #55:

No Caption Provided

Here Thor crushes a force-field of the Power Cosmic (amped by Loki's power) that keeps him from Mjolnir, from Silver Surfer #4:

No Caption Provided

Here, Thor destroys another of Silver Surfer's force-fields with a single strike, from Silver Surfer #4:

No Caption Provided

As for pure collateral damage, a single punch met with the same force has leveled a countryside, from Thor#338:

No Caption Provided

And with repeated blows? Thor and Red Norvell literally wreck Asgard with their fist-fight and almost deafen Heimdall, from Thor #476:

No Caption Provided

Thor literally matches a Savage Hulk's strength in a grappling contest for an entire hour, from Defenders#10:

No Caption Provided

Indeed, his punch is so powerful that combined with a punch of equal strength, it is capable of actually closing dimensional rifts, from Avengers #100:

No Caption Provided

Here, he stalemates immortal Hercules in a contest of arm-wrestling, from Thor #222:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor resists a force "as though half a planet" were bearing down on him, from Thor #140:

No Caption Provided

Thor resists the gravimetric pull akin to "that of a neutron star" and busts out, from Thor #281:

No Caption Provided

Thor actually lifts the Midgard Serpent who is powerful enough to crush the earth. Note that the catastrophic effects of such a feat are actually physically felt on Earth, from Thor #32:

No Caption Provided

Survives the weight of twenty planets in Thor annual vol 1. #9 :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor has resisted extreme ranges of heat throughout his career. Thor doesn't even register a reaction when immersed in lava, from Avengers #5:

No Caption Provided

Thor walks around inside the furnace of the trolls, whose fires were used to forge Mjolnir, from Thor #211:

No Caption Provided

Magical fire-bolts engulf Thor to no effect, from Thor #292:

No Caption Provided

Ghost Rider's pure hellfire blasts are useless in Avengers #214:

No Caption Provided

Cosmic fire-bolts from the Herald, Firelord, have a similarly negligible effect in Thor #306:

No Caption Provided

And Thor has literally stood in the center of the Sun while confronting Atum in Thor Annual #14:

No Caption Provided

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Thor effortlessly resists arctic forces summoned by the Executioner in one of his first fights in Journey Into Mystery #103:

No Caption Provided

Here, Thor resists the "devastating energy of an exploding sun" from the Executioner's axe, from Journey Into Mystery #103:

No Caption Provided

Thanos' fleet nails Thor with a salvo of energy blasts and the mere indirect impact knocks both Captain Marvel and Ironman unconscious in Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2:

No Caption Provided

Thor is not only immune to electricity blasts, but indeed refreshed by them as shown in Thor #288:

No Caption Provided

One of his most impressive feats, Thor survives being rocked by multiple blasts by the Fourth Host of Celestials, from Thor #300:

No Caption Provided

Thor's unconscious body isn't even destroyed by a Doomsday Bomb capable of destroying a planet, fromThor #387:

No Caption Provided

And while empowered by the Odinforce,Thor has resisted the Destroyer's beam of total disintegration inThor vol. 3 #5:

No Caption Provided

Here, we see Thor flying outside a window and when Jane Foster gets his attention, Thor manages to intercept Cobra's poison dart within a split-second. The dart is fired before he even is inside the room, just to give you the proper frame of reference to understand the speed and reflexes necessary in Journey Into Mystery #98:

No Caption Provided

Thor digs a trench in a blur of motion that is "almost too fast for the human eye to follow." From Marvel Team-Up #26:

No Caption Provided

And here, while helping rebuild Asgard, Thor hammers down repeatedly on a pillar and "becomes a blur of motion" in Thor #267:

No Caption Provided

Thor's reflexes have always allowed to react at lightning speeds faster than the human eye can perceive.Even in a hail of attacks or debris. There's something about this feat is that Thor speed and moves faster than the sight of Heimdall , a god endowed with super-senses , able to hear the grass grow, the sap running in the trees or the beating of the wings of a butterfly on the other side of the galaxy and whose eyes see light years away. Whatever the case, the fineness of Heimdall's senses are greater than those of any being.

Here, Thor fights Heimdall and swings his hammer down on him at speeds "moving too swiftly for the eye to follow," even too fast for Heimdall in Journey Into Mystery#125:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, Hela only has to touch Thor in order to ensnare his soul in 1v1 combat, but is unable to do so because of his speed, "His speed, his anger, are beyond comprehension!" From Thor #354:

No Caption Provided

Here, while fending off two Herald-level foes, Adam Warlock likens his ability to catch his staff mid-swing and his combat speed to that of lightning, "He moves like the lightning he commands, much quicker than I remember." From Infinity Watch #23:

No Caption Provided

Here, in the space of one and one-fifth seconds, Thor dives out of the sky, smashes Mjolnir down and causes a supersonic shockwave to divert a runaway truck from killing a young boy ACROSS the city inJourney Into Mystery #108:

No Caption Provided

Here, in the space of micro-seconds before a zooming cursed Mjolnir will strike Thor from behind, Thor lays a haymaker onto an Enchanter and spins around in time to snatch Mjolnir in mid-air, from Thor #144:

No Caption Provided

Here, Thor is about to have his face smashed by a cursed Mjolnir which is zooming back to him, but he moves swiftly enough on reaction to dodge it inThor vol. 2 #27:

No Caption Provided

Thor has dug a ditch so fast that neither Quicksilver was valoz enough to escape it (Quicksilver was already in motion before Thor has started digging the trench).

No Caption Provided

Thor punks Quicksilver once again:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor reacts to Wrecker swinging his mystic crowbar onto Thor's head from behind. Literally only inches away, Thor moves so swiftly once again, he snatches the crowbar with his hand in Thor vol. 2 #29:

No Caption Provided

And it looks like current Thor hasn't lost that bare-handed touch as he catches Bor's axe inches from his face in Thor #600:

No Caption Provided

With his great speed, without the use of his natural control over the weather, he can create winds of hurricane force or greater- than-hurricane-force air shockwaves in Journey Into Mystery #100 and #84:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, he literally snatches a fired tank shell out of mid-air with his bare hand and bats a barrage of them back in Journey Into Mystery #93:

No Caption Provided

And similarly snatches a fired missile with his bare hand in Marvel Team-Up #148:

No Caption Provided

Here, with FTB speed, he deflects two bullets with a single swing way back in Journey Into Mystery #100:

No Caption Provided

Here, he blocks a single bullet with the head of Mjolnir before whirling it to create a field in Thor #246:

No Caption Provided

And many times again...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here, Thor flings Mjolnir to the farthest reaches of the galaxy in Thor: Whom The Gods Would Destroy:

No Caption Provided

And he can fling the hammer many times the speed of light and transcend the boundaries of time and space in Thor #392-393, Thor #140 and Thor #274:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As for FTL reactions that can be measured in nanoseconds (light travels one foot per nanosecond), he's swung and swatted away Blastaar's energy blasts inThor #270:

No Caption Provided

Far from a one-off FTL feat, he does the same to Mole Man's energy blaster shot in Marvel Two-In-One#96:

No Caption Provided

Here, Enchantress shoots a blast at Captain America and Thor reacts with FTL speed to cut off the energy blast in mid-flight, from Marvel Comics Presents#44:

Thor can spin Mjolnlr around fast enough to shield himself from lasers, from Thor #218:

No Caption Provided

Phoenix shoots a telepathic blast at a groggy Thor at the moment Thor's arms are at his side. AFTER the shot is fired and already traveling at him, Thor raises his arms and reflects it back with Mjolnir. Telepathy being instantaneous traditionally (as noted in the narration), we can assume for the sake of argument that it was only traveling at light-speed, making this another FTL feat, from Excalibur#428:

No Caption Provided

He can even block a constant barrage of laser vision from Count Nefaria, from Avengers #166:

No Caption Provided

He bats away a possessed Iron Man's repulsor rays in Avengers vol. 3 #3:

No Caption Provided

And again bats away ray blasts in a training session in Avengers vol. 3 #23:

No Caption Provided

and again......

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir also allows for simulated flight whereby when thrown it could pull it's wielder along. Basically, Thor flies by flinging his hammer really hard and then hanging on for ride:

No Caption Provided

And no matter what, it's been explained that "Thor can always control the course of his flight," from Thor#400:

No Caption Provided

In terms of flight speed, he's flown at least three times the speed of light, from Thor #185:

No Caption Provided

Thor has trapped Hermes the god of speed, and well, that's just say that ... but are spears spears thrown by gods thousands of times stronger than any human, imagine how fast would travel those spears =).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

During the saga of Surtur , commissioned by Nick Fury (Nick Fury), Thor reached and surpassed in speed to a spaceship traveling at a speed came many times that of Light and even outside our solar system, Thor increase their 100 times speed to overtake the ship.

No Caption Provided

Travels from Earth to Sun in a matter of moments:

No Caption Provided

Saves Rulk from a Black Hole(ANOTHER FTL feat):

No Caption Provided

Thor intercepted Ego whom was moving at hyperspace speeds:

No Caption Provided

Catches Ego again after getting shot at by Stranger:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Daaaang, thanks dude. I'm looking forward to reading more of Thor now. Are his more modern feats as good or better? Forgive my ignorance I have literally just started reading Marvel comics.

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say for normal Thor, his classic feats are better. Mjolnir had been used to a far greater spectrum of powers and by all means Thor was intended to be the No.1 Hero so his feats were there to match however, there are some really good modern feats such as his battle with Glory.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid, while certainly no Odin, is not slightly more powerful than Supes when written competently, he's *much* more powerful.

But some idiot thought that he was a Superman villain instead of a justice league and new gods villain and we got the fail that is Jobberseid.

Thor vs Superman is something that is up in the air for me, I like both characters a lot and honestly would feel guilty about favoriting either.

Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax: Ahh I see thanks! I was reading up on all the abilities of Mjolnir earlier, and I thought it kind of funny that Thor isn't able to easily beat some of the villains that beat him on a regular basis since Mjolnir alone is crazy powerful.

Your_Friendly_Azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I agree. Darkseid is waaaaay stronger than Superman, but he is written to be only slightly greater than Supes and sometimes on par with Superman. It kind of irritates me when writers don't write villains with their full potential. It also irritated me when Parallax was in the Green Lantern Movie, and ONE GL beat Parallax

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'M TIRED OF THIS DEBATE BECAUSE NOTHING GETS RESOLVED.

I LIKE BOTH AND I FEEL THOR IS MORE POWERFUL YET ITS ABOUT 50/50 WHEN THOR AND SUPES FACES OFF.

leopryor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau said:

what do you think?

Disagree on Strength, Durability, and Stamina. Thor is roughly equal to Superman in strength, he has no physical weaknesses, and has fought an army of frost giants for nine months without food or rest.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrDevil

@your_friendly_azn: This is actually completely bias and dumb who ever posted this has never read any Superman comic and has no idea about some of the feats he's done.

i agree in the first part but truly you are wrong in something Thor holds back against any mortal no matter how powerful it is, he only uses 1/3 of his true power, oh and superman hasn't ever taked a force equal to the big bang.

No Caption Provided

Thor vs Superman - Thor - Comic Vine if you wanna talk about it.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau said:

what do you think?

Thor is stronger by feats

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fifthchild

@mrdevil said:

i agree in the first part but truly you are wrong in something Thor holds back against any mortal no matter how powerful it is, he only uses 1/3 of his true power, oh and superman hasn't ever taked a force equal to the big bang.

No Caption Provided

Thats from "What If: Civil War" i.e. its not in continuity.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrDevil

@fifthchild said:
@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

What if is a what happens when things go different in the main universe.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

A big example of what happens when Thor goes all out.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awwww Slowdinson's fanboys are just so cute ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: It's a harmless joke. You're saying that I can't make a joke without being a "hater"?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuzzylittlerodent: You can do whatever you want, but don't expect Thor fans to not respond when you call them out. Sounds like a troll attempt

FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:

@phisigmatau said:

what do you think?

Thor is stronger by feats

No he isn't. That's an absurd statement. Superman is stronger than Thor by a slim margin. it's a simple common fact just like Thor is more powerful than Supes by a slight margin . The big deal breaker is speed. Which is where Clark tanks Thor down.

@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

You do realize how tired I am of that Excuse. EVERY CHARACTER HOLDS BACK!!! Hulk has stated how he holds back as has Superman hell even Spider-Man has and most notable the Flash and MMH. So that excuse just doesn't cut it anymore. And yes he has Pre Crisis Superman would literally bend Thor in 2 effortlessly. Post Crisis Sun Dipped Supes held to balls of energy that had the power to create a big bang and dumped them in an alternate reality and took out Imperiex and Brainiac.

That scan is non canon therefore irrelevant. If you fail to realize that then I can just use any feat as well which includes the 200 quintillion tons fea from All Star that Superman held up with one hand and said he could do more. Which means with 2 he could do 400 quintillion or more. The amount of force it takes to apply the pressure and strength to hold up the weight of 200 Quin. Tons is equal to that of pulling the earth out of orbit. Which he has done with the aid of Green Lantern providing a chain to pull on. Not to mention moving the moon into orbit when he was severely depowered. And moving the moon and earth with WW, GL and WW, MMH.

@mrdevil said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

Stomping Iron-MAn, The Wrecker and shatering a wall aren't hard to do.

That fight with the Hulk is'nt as impressive as you state since he didn't even hurt the Hulk and only managed to BFR him into space where Hulk immediately came back down to Earth and proceeded to stomp the Vampire nation. And Thor also passed out afer this action as he sapped his strength. The only impressive moment is that he manhandeled an amped Thing.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

You do realize how tired I am of that Excuse. EVERY CHARACTER HOLDS BACK!!! Hulk has stated how he holds back as has Superman hell even Spider-Man has and most notable the Flash and MMH. So that excuse just doesn't cut it anymore. And yes he has Pre Crisis Superman would literally bend Thor in 2 effortlessly. Post Crisis Sun Dipped Supes held to balls of energy that had the power to create a big bang and dumped them in an alternate reality and took out Imperiex and Brainiac.

That scan is non canon therefore irrelevant. If you fail to realize that then I can just use any feat as well which includes the 200 quintillion tons fea from All Star that Superman held up with one hand and said he could do more. Which means with 2 he could do 400 quintillion or more. The amount of force it takes to apply the pressure and strength to hold up the weight of 200 Quin. Tons is equal to that of pulling the earth out of orbit. Which he has done with the aid of Green Lantern providing a chain to pull on. Not to mention moving the moon into orbit when he was severely depowered. And moving the moon and earth with WW, GL and WW, MMH.

@mrdevil said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That fight with the Hulk is'nt as impressive as you state since he didn't even hurt the Hulk and only managed to BFR him into space where Hulk immediately came back down to Earth and proceeded to stomp the Vampire nation. And Thor also passed out afer this action as he sapped his strength. The only impressive moment is that he manhandeled an amped Thing.

the problem is Spiderman only fight humans, Hulk says in Doc Green he never watch out for the strength in his fist but where he direct it, that's not holding back. in all star he become 3 times his original strength which mean he could do what 200

(200 quintillion short tons) / 3 =

6.66666667 × 1019 short tons or more.

As shown in here in the crossover of JLA/Avengers that it is canon for both companies Superman barely won against Thor and Thor says he didn't go all out. And about the fight Thor knock Green Scar amp. while he was wounded during all those series.

No Caption Provided

meaning he wasn't at his fullest.

Iron Man has giving him troubles before. the wrecker as well and the braking a wall thing is when he says he holds back against mortals. In other words Thor > Post Crisis Superman. Feats while Superman moves 1/3 of the planet Thor moves the serpent who had the power to crush the earth. Not to mention Thor move by himself the world engine the Yggdrasil tree and the nine worlds. Meaning Thor is minimum twice stronger than Superman (being the Asgardian god of strength is normal) there is no shame in that. Superman brakes moons with the infinity match punch and direct hits. Thor crack planets and moons with his shockwaves and every single time hitting harder. do you got it now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:
@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

@mrdevil said:

the problem is Spiderman only fight humans, Hulk says in Doc Green he never watch out for the strength in his fist but where he direct it, that's not holding back. in all star he become 3 times his original strength which mean he could do what 200

As shown in here in the crossover of JLA/Avengers that it is canon for both companies Superman barely won against Thor and Thor says he didn't go all out. And about the fight Thor knock Green Scar amp. while he was wounded during all those series.

No Caption Provided

Iron Man has giving him troubles before. the wrecker as well and the braking a wall thing is when he says he holds back against mortals. In other words Thor > Post Crisis Superman. Feats while Superman moves 1/3 of the planet Thor moves the serpent who had the power to crush the earth. Not to mention Thor move by himself the world engine the Yggdrasil tree and the nine worlds. Meaning Thor is minimum twice stronger than Superman (being the Asgardian god of strength is normal) there is no shame in that. Superman brakes moons with the infinity match punch and direct hits. Thor crack planets and moons with his shockwaves and every single time hitting harder. do you got it now?

It doesn't the fact that the statement has no meaning since street levlers use it as well. Not once did Doc Green say that in Heart of the Monster Hulk specifically states and even it is later repeated by Banner that Bruce was always holding the Hulk back never allowing to completely cut loose in fear of hurting others. And we saw what happened if he would lose that leash. He shattered a planet and vaporized anyone who was in his close vicinity. In All Star it was never specifically stated just how much more powerful he became so I don't know where you are pulling that number from.

The JLA/Avengers crossover specifically showed Superman was the superior of the 2 and once again NOWHERE DOES IT SAY THOR WAS HOLDING BACK!!!! Superman won fair and square.

No best Thor and Post Crisis Supes are equals. I just stated that Superman moved the earth singlehandedly. ANd that in basically his weakest form (Electric Supes) he was still strong enough to pull the moon into orbit. Moving a giant serpent means nothing when there was no context of the weight of the Serpent. It's nowhwere near as dense/heavy as a planet and the force of gravity/orbit pulling it into place like a planet does. The World Engine was just that an engine. It's no less impressive than when Superman moved the gears inside a contraption the size of Jupiter mind you that the red dot on Jupiter is the size of Earth more or less. Thor hits harder WITH Mjolnir without it Superman hits much harder and he doesn't even hit harder by a large margin with Mjolnir.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:
@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

It doesn't the fact that the statement has no meaning since street levlers use it as well. Not once did Doc Green say that in Heart of the Monster Hulk specifically states and even it is later repeated by Banner that Bruce was always holding the Hulk back never allowing to completely cut loose in fear of hurting others. And we saw what happened if he would lose that leash. He shattered a planet and vaporized anyone who was in his close vicinity. In All Star it was never specifically stated just how much more powerful he became so I don't know where you are pulling that number from.

The JLA/Avengers crossover specifically showed Superman was the superior of the 2 and once again NOWHERE DOES IT SAY THOR WAS HOLDING BACK!!!! Superman won fair and square.

No best Thor and Post Crisis Supes are equals. I just stated that Superman moved the earth singlehandedly. ANd that in basically his weakest form (Electric Supes) he was still strong enough to pull the moon into orbit. Moving a giant serpent means nothing when there was no context of the weight of the Serpent. It's nowhwere near as dense/heavy as a planet and the force of gravity/orbit pulling it into place like a planet does. The World Engine was just that an engine. It's no less impressive than when Superman moved the gears inside a contraption the size of Jupiter mind you that the red dot on Jupiter is the size of Earth more or less. Thor hits harder WITH Mjolnir without it Superman hits much harder and he doesn't even hit harder by a large margin with Mjolnir.

he was holding back in what controlling his rage and knowing in whom to use it and when it was. When he became WBH was when he totally unleashed his full power against everything. And I don't remember any street lever who has power enough to kill people with easy saying they hold back. In All Star they say that it was 3 times they record meaning he should have become minimum 3 times stronger.

The JLA/Avengers in here Thor vs Superman (Read OP) - Gen. Discussion - Comic Vine i explained perfectly and detailed Superman go all out and barely won said by himself 2 times and Thor said he was more powerful and in the first fight Thor was fighting MM, WW and SM at the same time and was perfectly fine. While in the second fight Superman was out of character, going for blood and Thor didn't even used lightning.

Thor is stronger than Sueprman, the serpent was crushing the entire planet and it was contest in how much powerful it was, Superman moved 1/3 of earth not the complete planet and later 1/3 of the moon. With Mjolnirg Thor hits a little harder than Superman's infinity mass punch. where at most Superman brake planet size moons. Thor's attack are more effective in Superman than Superman's attacks in Thor as Superman has been hurt by electricity, magic and striking less than Thor's (Doomsday). And thor has stepped on the Sun, received rays from the destroyer, and etc and he was barely hurt to not even feel it.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:
@fifthchild said:
@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

What if is a what happens when things go different in the main universe.

What-Ifs are stories where writers can write whatever the hell they like and nobody cares because it has no impact on continuity. Completely contradictory things happen in What Ifs - in "What If Planet Hulk" the Warp Core explosion completely vaporised Hulk whereas in the main story it didnt even scratch him. etc etc etc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:
@mrdevil said:
@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

he was holding back in what controlling his rage and knowing in whom to use it and when it was. When he became WBH was when he totally unleashed his full power against everything. And I don't remember any street lever who has power enough to kill people with easy saying they hold back. In All Star they say that it was 3 times they record meaning he should have become minimum 3 times stronger.

The JLA/Avengers in here Thor vs Superman (Read OP) - Gen. Discussion - Comic Vine i explained perfectly and detailed Superman go all out and barely won said by himself 2 times and Thor said he was more powerful and in the first fight Thor was fighting MM, WW and SM at the same time and was perfectly fine. While in the second fight Superman was out of character, going for blood and Thor didn't even used lightning.

Thor is stronger than Sueprman, the serpent was crushing the entire planet and it was contest in how much powerful it was, Superman moved 1/3 of earth not the complete planet and later 1/3 of the moon. With Mjolnirg Thor hits a little harder than Superman's infinity mass punch. where at most Superman brake planet size moons. Thor's attack are more effective in Superman than Superman's attacks in Thor as Superman has been hurt by electricity, magic and striking less than Thor's (Doomsday). And thor has stepped on the Sun, received rays from the destroyer, and etc and he was barely hurt to not even feel it.

Every character says they hold back. It's not a proper statement to justify a character and his weak portrayals. Thor has also stated that he only holds back against people that are far below his weightclass and who can't take his full force. Which immediately means guys like Juggernaut, Hulk, Gladiator, Hyperion etc he would not hold back against. Again it isn't confirmed that this is where his official strength was at during the story as he could always lift more since the longer time goes on the more he absorbs solar radiation and the more powerful he gets. During All Star his upper limit was uknown and we haven't seen any limit to Superman's strength in general so your point is moot.

Oh my god. Superman admitted that Thor was a worthy opponent and gave him a run for his money. He has also said this about Doomsday, Hulk, Black Adam, Bizarro and Shazam. So once again your point is moot. In the first fight all we saw was MMH and Superman punching him through a building. And later him taking on WW solo while Superman and MMH were fighting others. Superman was not going for blood. Thor used his lighting to amp his attacks and Superman stopped Mjolnir and Thor was nearly dropped by one blast of Heat Vision and then KO'ed by a haymaker.

No he is not. The serpent was not as heavy as the planet in fact we have no idea just how heavy the serpent was so we cannot assume anything about that feat. Thor defintely does not hit harder than an IMP. An IMP is when your mass basically increases to unquontifiable numbers and your body basically becomes a beam of light because you are moving so fast and all you force is concentrated on the object you strike like a transferal of energy. You basically get hit by infinity. Which is defintely more powerful than anything Thor can do. Thor is easily hurt by blunt force (Hulk, Hercules etc) and is just as resistant to energy attacks as Superman is. Need I remind you that DD once took out the most powerful incarnation of the League and was the only other character other than Superman capable of taking on the Imperiex probes. Superman has been in the heart of the sun and the closer he gets to it the more powerful he becomes, he's survived Omega beams and not even flinched so no matter what you bring up they are basically equals in nearly every aspect.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:
@mrdevil said:
@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

@mrdevil said:

No Caption Provided

Every character says they hold back. It's not a proper statement to justify a character and his weak portrayals. Thor has also stated that he only holds back against people that are far below his weightclass and who can't take his full force. Which immediately means guys like Juggernaut, Hulk, Gladiator, Hyperion etc he would not hold back against. Again it isn't confirmed that this is where his official strength was at during the story as he could always lift more since the longer time goes on the more he absorbs solar radiation and the more powerful he gets. During All Star his upper limit was uknown and we haven't seen any limit to Superman's strength in general so your point is moot.

Oh my god. Superman admitted that Thor was a worthy opponent and gave him a run for his money. He has also said this about Doomsday, Hulk, Black Adam, Bizarro and Shazam. So once again your point is moot. In the first fight all we saw was MMH and Superman punching him through a building. And later him taking on WW solo while Superman and MMH were fighting others. Superman was not going for blood. Thor used his lighting to amp his attacks and Superman stopped Mjolnir and Thor was nearly dropped by one blast of Heat Vision and then KO'ed by a haymaker.

No he is not. The serpent was not as heavy as the planet in fact we have no idea just how heavy the serpent was so we cannot assume anything about that feat. Thor defintely does not hit harder than an IMP. An IMP is when your mass basically increases to unquontifiable numbers and your body basically becomes a beam of light because you are moving so fast and all you force is concentrated on the object you strike like a transferal of energy. You basically get hit by infinity. Which is defintely more powerful than anything Thor can do. Thor is easily hurt by blunt force (Hulk, Hercules etc) and is just as resistant to energy attacks as Superman is. Need I remind you that DD once took out the most powerful incarnation of the League and was the only other character other than Superman capable of taking on the Imperiex probes. Superman has been in the heart of the sun and the closer he gets to it the more powerful he becomes, he's survived Omega beams and not even flinched so no matter what you bring up they are basically equals in nearly every aspect.

Actually Thor holds back against Mortals, otherwise he would kill them as we see his real power against people like Galactus or Loki. Against people like that he would take them serious but he wouldn't go all out otherwise he would kill them, you can see him taking them serious when Thor fight Angrir and nul. He become with one hand 3 times stronger than his other limit so he become minimum 3 times his normal self.

Actually he say Thor maybe the strongest opponent he had face up and that was without Thor going for the kill, with the others he say they took almost everything i got.

The Serpent was breaking the friking planet. So it was strong and havy enough to brake the earth. let's see with the IMP superman brakes moons right? Thor going all out brake planets with the shockwaves and every time hits harder, and UThor destroy asgard in a direct hit. So i can assume yeah he hits harder. So Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou can cut the moon? for the name we assume that's what it can do? Sasuke's Amaterasu is fire from hell? don't be a idiot. With Hulk he never goes all out or he end up knocking him up. Hercules has shown to be just as strong as he is. Hell they knock the planet out with the force they were generating. Thor hits harder than Doomsday, and Superman was beat to death by Doomsday. Thor can step in the sun as well like nothing, Superman holds his own against Omega Beams? Thor took a God Bomb up close to the face. So what can we assume from their feats?

Strength: Thor

Speed Movement and time reaction: Superman, Thor has traveling speed and in time reaction they are perfectly equal.

Combat Skills Thor by a bit though he has more experience.

Powers Thor.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So God blast destroys galaxies now? Sigh...

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil said:
With Hulk he never goes all out or he end up knocking him up.

Nonsense. Thor has explicitly not held back and in fact tried to kill Hulk several times. Specifically:

- Hulk 255

- Hulk 300

- Hulk 440

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrDevil

@mrdevil said:
With Hulk he never goes all out or he end up knocking him up.

Nonsense. Thor has explicitly not held back and in fact tried to kill Hulk several times. Specifically:

- Hulk 255

- Hulk 300

- Hulk 440

Actually he has only tried to kill him ones, but killing doesn't mean he went all out. the rest Thor was just knocking him.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@mrdevil: There are at least 3 instance i can think of where Thor specifically said he wont hold back against Hulk and yelling at him "I will kill you" does mean he went all out. Stop with the nonsense this is the Hulk, i dunno what delusions of grander Thor fans have about their favorite character but if Thor hopes to defeat Hulk and not have himself get knocked out he can't afford to hold back, especially considering nowadays Hulk can oneshot Thor.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: There are at least 3 instance i can think of where Thor specifically said he wont hold back against Hulk and yelling at him "I will kill you" does mean he went all out. Stop with the nonsense this is the Hulk, i dunno what delusions of grander Thor fans have about their favorite character but if Thor hopes to defeat Hulk and not have himself get knocked out he can't afford to hold back, especially considering nowadays Hulk can oneshot Thor.

sorry but the two times Hulk knocked Thor was taking him by surprise and yet when Hulk fight red Hulk Red Hulk give him the beat of his life and the second and third time Thor fight RH Thor literally destroy him. everytime when Thor fight the Hulk he never goes all out otherwise he would kill Hulk pretty easy.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@mrdevil: Excuses, excuses. First off you are using an example of Doc Green who is one of the weakest incarnations of Hulk who himself admitted he has a problem with getting angry and doesn't even enjoy fighting and even then once he did get pissed off he broke Rulks teeth and arm. But why didn't you use the example of Green Scar? Who curbstomped Rulk and took everything Rulk threw at him with a smile on his face under Loeb, while Thor beat Rulk under Parker, yet still remains beaten by Rulk under Loeb while he had the Odin Force even. I am sorry but the comics disagree with your ridiculous notion.

don't see a dead Hulk anywhere. You must realize how much of a fanboy you sound when you say if Thor didn't hold back he would "easily" kill Hulk, if it's so easy to kill the Hulk why does he hold back so much then he has huge troubles dealing with him? Is he purposely holding back his strength and power just to struggle? How does he hold back his durability when he get's bloodied and KO'd by Hulk?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor> hulk by a long shot. All I know about Loeb is he is notorious for going full retard while writing rulk

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MrDevil

@mrdevil: Excuses, excuses. First off you are using an example of Doc Green who is one of the weakest incarnations of Hulk who himself admitted he has a problem with getting angry and doesn't even enjoy fighting and even then once he did get pissed off he broke Rulks teeth and arm. But why didn't you use the example of Green Scar? Who curbstomped Rulk and took everything Rulk threw at him with a smile on his face under Loeb, while Thor beat Rulk under Parker, yet still remains beaten by Rulk under Loeb while he had the Odin Force even. I am sorry but the comics disagree with your ridiculous notion.

don't see a dead Hulk anywhere. You must realize how much of a fanboy you sound when you say if Thor didn't hold back he would "easily" kill Hulk, if it's so easy to kill the Hulk why does he hold back so much then he has huge troubles dealing with him? Is he purposely holding back his strength and power just to struggle? How does he hold back his durability when he get's bloodied and KO'd by Hulk?

Sorry but Doc Green is as powerful as Maestro. being him his younger version. Go read a comic of both of them and stop being retard. Thor > Hulk in every way.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Superman is leagues above the fake god slowdinson .

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@mrdevil: Wow you are dumber then i initially thought, Doc Green is not as powerful as Maestro, simply because Maestro is the Hulk after a nuclear war where he absorbed tons of fallout radiation that amped him, Doc Green never went through a nuclear war you clown. Doc Green is not Maestros younger version, physically every Hulk is the younger version of Maestro but none of them have his personality a personality that is born AFTER the nuclear war where everyone Hulk cared for died which drove him insane and he became Maestro, pick up a Hulk book and educate yourself before you vomit nonsense diarrhea out of your mouth. Thor is not stronger or more durable then Hulk so no Thor is not better then Hulk in every way.

Here Peter David himself explains it for you http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/david-talks-the-maestros-future-imperfect-return-during-secret-wars

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman=Hulk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdevil: Wow you are dumber then i initially thought, Doc Green is not as powerful as Maestro, simply because Maestro is the Hulk after a nuclear war where he absorbed tons of fallout radiation that amped him, Doc Green never went through a nuclear war you clown. Doc Green is not Maestros younger version, physically every Hulk is the younger version of Maestro but none of them have his personality a personality that is born AFTER the nuclear war where everyone Hulk cared for died which drove him insane and he became Maestro, pick up a Hulk book and educate yourself before you vomit nonsense diarrhea out of your mouth. Thor is not stronger or more durable then Hulk so no Thor is not better then Hulk in every way.

Here Peter David himself explains it for you http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/david-talks-the-maestros-future-imperfect-return-during-secret-wars

again if you are blind cause you can't read is you problem I say a younger version of maestro.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@mrdevil: That's a redundant statement, every version of Hulk is the younger version of Maestro... Maestro is to the Hulk what Old Man Logan is to Wolverine. This does not change the fact that Doc Green is a good guy with much less power then Maestro who has an power amp and is a tyrant.

Seriously, stop being so salty and listen to your superiors.