Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17277 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

How could Spider-Man take down Green Lantern?

spiderboi038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bloodlusted Spider-Man is absolutely ruthless being able to lift 100 tons and whatnot but how could he beat Green Lantern? Would blinding GL be the way to go?

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man's webs have been able to contain the Hulk on multiple occasions and Hercules. But would this be it? I mean what would happen if you web up the actual Green Lantern ring? I don't think it would be THIS simple for Spidey to beat GL

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As much as I love Spidey, he has absolutely no chance against any Green Lantern in a straight up fight, even if bloodlusted. The only way he could possibly win is if he had prior knowledge and some amount of time to prep and build gadgets to take out Green Lantern.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By one-shotting with a punch. Duh

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spooderman beats both at the same time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed
    deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As much as I love Spidey,

But I thought you loved me honey....I'm gonna forget this cheating. Expect a divorce.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Lets put it this way Spider-Man would be considered a mortal and Green Lantern (as well as other high tiers and above) are basically G-Ds when you compare them. There is no conceivable way Parker could stand up to a high tier.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#8  Edited By KrleAvenger

He would even lose if he tries to fight against nameless rookie Green Lanterns. The only difference between that fight and the one with nameless ones is that he can actually hold his own against nameless ones because not all Lanterns use their versatility and speed, so he could hold his own by relying on his own speed, agility, versatility and spider sense just like with other high tiers. But at the end of the day, even those random Lanterns are too durable for Spider-man to put them down and are too powerful for him to survive. I didn't read the comic OP posted but if it is canon, it's just a low showing for the Hulk. Spider-man's webbing was torn apart by beings inferior to Hulk in strength.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
    deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Webbing down the esophagus GG no re

spiderboi038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His chances of winning are in the negatives if he takes on either Hal, Kyle, Guy, and Johns. If he were to face a no name GL his chances would rise to maybe 5%.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb95a9a712cb
    deactivated-5bb95a9a712cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't he take the ring away with his webbing?

He could also force GL to run out of power with his constant jumpings.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't he take the ring away with his webbing?

He could also force GL to run out of power with his constant jumpings.

lol neither of those instances are happening, only in Peter's dreams.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_tea: Bruce removed Hal's ring without him realizing it. So, it could be possible for Peter to web the ring off Hal's finger using some imagination as well.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minerboh80: PIS, neither were fighting each other when that happened

FromAPOV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way I could see Spidey winning this fight, is only if he can get the chance to blind Green Lantern with a Web Shot to the face, remove the Ring off his finger and one shot him while in his normal state. But, what about Spider-Man with Cosmic Powers Vs Green Lantern, now that would be a much more fair & interesting fight, but let's make it Cosmic Spider-Man Vs New 52 Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, because I don't know if he could beat Post Crisis Green Lantern.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Spidey webs Lantern's face, web takes Lantern's ring, then webs Lantern's hands so his ring can't fit in his fingers LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_tea:

But it happened. And if a non powered indivisual can do it, it wouldn't be impossible for someone with enchanced speed and other accessories to do it.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same ways Batman and Deathstroke do?

spiderboi038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fromapov said:

The only way I could see Spidey winning this fight, is only if he can get the chance to blind Green Lantern with a Web Shot to the face, remove the Ring off his finger and one shot him while in his normal state. But, what about Spider-Man with Cosmic Powers Vs Green Lantern, now that would be a much more fair & interesting fight, but let's make it Cosmic Spider-Man Vs New 52 Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, because I don't know if he could beat Post Crisis Green Lantern.

I can see it happening with Spider-Man webbing his eyes then removing the ring off of his finger, if his webbing to the eyes gives the Hulk major trouble its 100% happening with GL. One shooting him in his normal state would easily happen

Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People must be desperate if they think Peter is anywhere near class 100 tons where he is barely reaching class 50 tons, anyways PIS aside Peter has no chance in hell webbing any Green Lantern in the eyes and removing the rings. We are talking about guys who have traded blows with Superman folks, Comedy Central should come in this thread (lol)

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By oceanmaster21

withought prep he doomed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.