Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10264 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

if Storm becomes much more powerful in Space why didnt she help Jean?

Strangeheartt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Strangeheartt

So from what I understand Storms powers increase greatly in space and shes able to accomplish amazing feats and work with much more. While didnt she try to help Jean with shielding the shuttle? Couldnt she put some kinda of electric or magnetic field around the shuttle to reinforce Jean's TK & block out the strong radiation? Maybe use solar winds like she did in the :What If?" Issue. I would have at least liked Storm to do something & not leave Jean, her friend, alone in all that mess.

Is Storm able to protect herself in some way and breathe in space without a suit?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So from what I understand Storms powers increase greatly in space and shes able to accomplish amazing feats and work with much more. While didnt she try to help Jean with shielding the shuttle? Couldnt she put some kinda of electric or magnetic field around the shuttle to reinforce Jean's TK & block out the strong radiation? I would have at least liked Storm to do something & not leave Jean, her friend, alone in all that mess.

Is Storm able to protect herself in some way and breathe in space without a suit?

In the original Dark Phoenix Jean saved everyone .. I don't see why Storm would've had to help her here because that would've made the entire movie pointless. To answer your second question, Storm has always needed a space suit to survive in space.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically, Storm could've diverted the solar flare in the comics given the power she had displayed prior to this story.

Strangeheartt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strangeheartt

@malachi_munroe: shouldnt she be able to put a magnetic forcefield around herself similar to magnetos?

Strangeheartt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: that's pretty impressive. I'd like to see more of her in Space because she seems to let lose more so in Space and her feats are ridiculously impressive

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangeheartt: Here is a simple answer to your Question.

The Plot didn’t ask for Storm to do anything.

Yes, everything you mentioned Storm CAN actually do. But that’s not what the Writer wanted Storm to do PLOT WISE.

Strangeheartt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: @mooty_pass:

I guess so. If Storm is able to create magnetic forcefields why are people always saying she has no defensive powers? Is there an issue where she has create such a force field? I'd like to see it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@strangeheartt: That is a GREAT question. Because writers(consistently) forget Storm has other set of powers she can pull from not just Lightning.

Storm has yet generated a EM Force Field like Magneto, but she can manipulate them. Storm once created a Pressure Dome that blew the top off a mountaintop and protected her from falling debris. That’s about it. The reason people say she has no defenses is because we rarely see her use those types of defenses.

She is a Planetary Mutant. She created a Borealis across the planet, she’s even split the Earths EM Field of the Earth. She can do it, writers who write her forget or don’t know she can do it.

Strangeheartt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: I guess shes also used lightning to protect herself from attacks like cyclops beams. I wonder if shed be able to put some sort of electrical shield around herself (is that even a thing?). Although not canon she also used wind to protect herself from Dominos gun shots in wolverine and the xmen. I'd like to see her displaying more defensive powers.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strangeheartt: I would like that too. But unfortunately writers don’t know how to write her.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FoxMen is like the LAZIEST presentation of X-Men. Fox Storm couldn’t even handle a bad weave.

Comics - Storm can’t breathe in space. She could create a pressurized air sphere to survive for a while though. Her powers do get amped in space and she could manipulated the solar flare solo.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mooty_Pass

FoxMen is like the LAZIEST presentation of X-Men. Fox Storm couldn’t even handle a bad weave.

Comics - Storm can’t breathe in space. She could create a pressurized air sphere to survive for a while though. Her powers do get amped in space and she could manipulated the solar flare solo.

Yup, that's pretty much it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Roddy010

Storm was still a novice to her space powers during the Phoenix Saga. She literally had just discovered her powers operated in space prior to boarding the shuttle . Plus the solar flare was record breaking and the radiation was already taxing the ship even before they entered Earth’s atmosphere. Storm (just like Jean) would have died.

Current Storm would definitely fair better.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm was still a novice to her space powers during the Phoenix Saga. She literally had just discovered her powers operated in space prior to boarding the shuttle . Plus the solar flare was record breaking and the radiation was already taxing the ship even before they entered Earth’s atmosphere. Storm (just like Jean) would have died.

Hmm I completely forgot that fact.

Yeah, that makes sense Storm was a novice. In fact this was her first time in space so it makes sense.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The92Ghost

Indeed, I was about to confirm the above. Storm wasn't as powerful as she is now if we put her back in time at that exact moment with her current powers, MAYBE, she could have done something, but only a MAYBE, we don't know her full extend in space just yet.

And as far for her breathing in Space, she can do it. I am sure you wonder how, but it is pretty simple. Space is Hydrogen and Helium and Storm can use electrolysis, she can easily separate the oxygen particles from the Hydrogen and use them as breathable air. Or burn them, turn them into liquid water and to use electrolysis to create oxygen for her to breath.

She can definitely do it, they just didn't use it just yet. Don't forget that she did exactly the same thing when she went underwater and breath it. She separated the molecules of the water into Hydrogen and Oxygen, space is slightly more difficult, since yeah it is space, but Storm does have the power to change the composition of the molecules as far as I am aware. It will be tough but she certainly can separate them and then use their compositions to make it breathable.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just saw this response. I'm going to offer a little push back. While Storm had just learned of her power in space, she was able to thow an attack backed by the full power of the sun. So I submit she should've been able to either divert or disperse the solar flare even if it were record breaking.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

In the what if (which is an alternative reality of 616 stories but if something differently happened) Storm actually was using her cosmic powers to try and help them out.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: True, but she should've succeeded without the PF and without injury. ;)

nte1igentwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The92Ghost: So much of your post is incorrect scientifically. Space IS NOT hydrogen and helium. They are the most abundant atoms that exist in space but are not space. Hydrogen and oxygen are two separate and very different elements. Oxygen is not a component of hydrogen and therefore can't be separated from it to make breathable air. It sounds like you meant separating water molecularly but since there's virtually no H2O in space that wouldn't work either. Furthermore, breathable oxygen is O2 not a single oxygen molecule.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.