Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10277 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Shipp says "no" to T'chall and Ororo

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://www.cbr.com/dark-phoenix-alexandra-shipp-storm-doesnt-need-tchalla/

I think she makes some very valid points here, to be honest. Given that both Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel had their own successful films, I think Storm deserves one herself, and T'challa isn't needed. All Disney would have to do is use Storm's origins material and tweak it a little. Have Storm fight Candra and Shadow King, or maybe Deluge while she's being worshipped as the "Goddess of the Plains". (I don't think Shadow King alone would be an ideal villain for Storm since his powers are psychic, thus, it wouldn't really give Storm the opportunity to cut loose with her powers. If Candra were the villain, personally, I'd kick her power up to Phoenix Force Jean Grey levels to fight Ororo.)

I know on the other board how some fans make a valid point about Shipp wanting and Ororo/T'challa relationship on the big screen, but she's changed her mind. She's complaining how Storm's character is essentially being treated like wallpaper in the movies (just like she's been treated in the x-books ever since Claremont left the title in the 2000s).

If Disney were going to feature Ororo in a Black Panther movie, I would like to see them do an adapation of Coate's "Adversary/Storm 'Goddess'" story arc and maybe alter the time scale to where the story takes place during Storm's "goddess" days before the X-Men. I don't know, I'm thinking off the top of my head, now.

Anywho, I'm having many thoughts right now.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do some female actors talk as if having a love interest makes them look weak. Strong women fall in love too.

In this case, Storm would be the love inerest of T'challa in a Black Panther movie. In other words, he'd get the top billing. Now, if it were T'challa appearing in a Storm movie, then she'd get the top billing. I'm for the latter moreso than the former.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaSalvadore

If Storm appears in a Black Panther movie then it won't be until she's already an established MCU character or it's a brief cameo to set up her own movie. There's no way they'd make her a second fiddle character in the MCU.

And I agree with @stormcell: on also haveing T'Challa appear in hers if they do that romance. Although I'd be happy if they didn't, at least for a good while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.