Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18950 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Can Superman really lift a Black Hole?

• 68 results
    Unsodoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes

Lunarstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Lunarstorm

@9dragons: He was holding the black hole before the gravitational force got released from it's containment field. A magnetic field doesn't partially break down. Either it's working or not, there are no gaps. That is exactly what happened. He got to the black hole and contained it in the palm of his hands while being mind-raped by the mnemon which is show in the next page. If he would open his palm right there the black hole would destroy everything within it's proximity. Superman's palm is not the only thing containing it his bio aura is also a factor here.

There are different spacial dimension on a black hole's outer edge. Some are subatomic size created naturally or artificially as a byproduct in LHC but both evaporate too fast to maintain a cohesion. On the other end there are large planet or solar system size black holes called supermassive black holes.

A reference: A black hole in the size of an single atom can has as much mass as the mountain chain of Mount Everest.

Here's SA Superboy to show the difference in power scale. So to prevent it's influence on earth he flings it billions of light years into another galaxy.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i keep saying this, but it's true. once you accept the fact that superman can go hundreds of times past the speed of light than the black hole thing should be no problem at all. it's a comic book. also, no one really knows what's possible with black holes since no one has really studied one up close. even the most advanced minds can only guess.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should treat these like it's a minor nusance by now, I mean god DC is so afraid of Superman getting so op, but in Japan Goku himself is nigh universal along with actual Galactus level god like beings. Clark is still in the Solar System ranging, I want Superman to surpass the demensional plane level already, Black Holes, Big Bangs, even universal entropy should be shattered by his physical blows alone by now.

TrueRandomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4: Dude the Whole purpose of Superman containing a Black hole was to show just impossibly strong he was...and it may not be possible to lift a Black hole BUT It is for Superman so just appreciate the story

Zokologue3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
    ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Its a possibility

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MainJP

Superman can lift infinitely infinite infinity and that's an insane lowball.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
    deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He actually can lift a black hole but only for a short duration of time. Superman has some black hole feats in post new 52 reboot as well. For pre crisis Superman black holes did not bother him at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no

Which Superman are you talking about? If rebirth then " Hell no" is a correct answer otherwise it is just wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that scan of Superman lifting a Black hole has some context around it. He only did it for a brief while. I have the calculations for it. I will post them later.

TheDeathstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supergoku17 said:

Hell no

Which Superman are you talking about? If rebirth then " Hell no" is a correct answer otherwise it is just wrong.

One it was tiny and john helped him

Two he was struggling

Three No other superman have lifted a blackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread said:
    @supergoku17 said:

Hell no

One it was tiny and john helped him

Two he was struggling

Three No other superman have lifted a blackhole

I mean I already said it was tiny and he only lifted for a breif while before john helped him. The context is clear he could not have lifted it if the black hole would have expanded. I have the files with me if you want I can share it with you.

Yes I agree he was struggling. As for your third point if you are talking about pre-crisis Superman he had no problem lifting blackholes. Hell pre crisis Supergirl was bound to four black holes by a universal level reality warper she had no problem breaking out of it.

saboyaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao. comicbook wankers are actually unhinged

Battinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A black hole isn't solid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.