Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2164 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

Character Line-Up Announced for TNT's Teen Titans

• 120 results
    Avatar image for street_level_hero
    Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No color diversity whatsoever. Boo.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Take out Barbara and put in Donna,beast boy, and cyborg and I am sold. Unfortunately this show will last at most three seasons either way.

IAmTheCrowning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By IAmTheCrowning

Awesome! !!!!!!!! Im excited to say the least and i'll lose it if Supergirl, Titans, Arrow, and Flash start doing annual crossovers.Sooo happy to be a comic fan in this day and age.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No diversity whatsoever. Boo.

Dick is part Gypsy, Raven I think is Jewish, Starfire is an orange alien, and Barbara wears glasses and in a wheelchair does that count.

Avatar image for street_level_hero
    Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god said:

@street_level_hero said:

No (color) diversity whatsoever. Boo.

Dick is part Gypsy, Raven I think is Jewish, Starfire is an orange alien, and Barbara wears glasses and in a wheelchair does that count.

No color diversity. All white people (depending on who they cast as Starfire).

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grim said:
    @sentryman555 said:

They can't use Cyborg for obvious reasons.

yes they can. Flash is (possibly) being doubled too. They own the rights and can do what they want

Where do you find out who has the rights to what? I figured Warner Bros. has the rights to Cyborg and wouldn't want anyone else to use him. Flash was probably in development before movie Flash was announced so I thought that's how they got around it.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By StarBrand1

hawk and dove???? WTF, and WHY??!!

Barbra is a welcomed addition, but they arent going to call her oracle? WHY? is it because wants to be known for doing something "different"? if thats it, thats the most stupud thing ive ever heard. Everyone, i mean, everyone, would LOVE it. You get NO points for that one. And including hawk and dove, two people that noone wants to see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) The series should be called "Titans" not "Teen Titans". Through the teen in there and the amount of people ready to watch this show drops dramatically outside of comic book fans and thus the show will probably make a season, if that. Hence why the animated show was "Young Justice" instead of "Teen Titans".

2) Why do people think this will cross with Arrow, Flash and Supergirl? For starters its not even clear Supergirl will cross with Arrow and Flash, which seems less and less likely given the known plot involving Superman who isn't a factor in Arrow or Flash (Diggle saying "what's next, aliens?" pretty well confirms Superman didn't exist in the Arrow/Flash timeline) and given Batman isn't part of the League of Assassin's history that gets rid of this show crossing in continuity.

3) Boston??? WTF!!!! What is with these shows getting rid of the city names already established in the comics (looking at you, Constantine, for similar offense)? Does that mean Batman operates out of Chicago? Why could it still be Bludehaven but Boston be the location of the show (though really Bludehaven is more akin to Detroit but that small change would be acceptable).

4) Did Geoff Johns really change Raven's character that much? I thought her human name was Rachel Roth long before the 2000's considering she was introduced in the late 70's/early 80's. While I'm sure Johns did some great updates to her character, much like the Green Lantern Corps, I'm fairly certain the majority of what the article is talking about was established well before him. Just seems like more pandering simply because its Geoff Johns.

5) I don't see how Raven and Starfire factor into this if they come at the end of the pilot episode. I could see Robin investigating a cult in Bludehaven/Boston leading to the introduction of Raven and bringing the Titans together from that but the two just showing up like "hey, heard you formed a team, can we join?" seems ridiculous and Robin asking them to join after the fact not much better.

6) There are so many other Titans than Beast Boy and Cyborg to pull from. These two aren't the defacto necessity for the team, even taking out more Arrow/Flash oriented characters. Hawk and Dove are wasted characters, imho, because though superhuman they are still street brawlers like Robin/Nightwing.

7) Would seem appropriate that the line-up is dependent on what the major arc of the first season is. If you go with Raven on the initial team than the line-up should reflect an overall theme of combating Trigon and looking at the magic/elemental side of things. So instead of Hawk and Dove switch them out to have Garth (as Tempest, not Aqualad) and Tara Markov (Terra) in there and add in Virgil Hawkins (Static) for a little diversity as well as (per the New 52 canon) a scientist given the team won't have Cyborg and Jesse Chambers (instead of Starfire) and maybe change her name to Impulse rather than the traditional Jesse Quick (just guessing that her character won't be used in Flash).

8) Starfire seems like a good season 2 character as the major plot arc deals with a Tamarian invasion or plot along similar lines that takes the team out of the comfort of a steady city setting.

9) Season 3 would be a good point to bring in N.O.W.H.E.R.E (since Arrow has already mentioned H.I.V.E and used Deathstroke) in order to bring in Grant Emerson (Damage) and maybe by then the show will have a big enough budget for Beast Boy (a product of N.O.W.H.E.R.E engineering like Damage) and a few other past Titans for cameos.

10) Like that Barbara will be in an Oracle role both to keep the team a bit grounded but also could see some good episodes coming out of her and Dick's past and maybe switching canon around a bit to where Dick made a mistake (or, more likely, thinks he made the mistake) that led to Bab's injury and coming to terms with that as he grows into a team leader.

At this point not impressed by the announcement for this show. TNT hasn't had a good series in a long time and this doesn't look to be the one to re-ignite the channel. Hopefully there will be greater refinement as the series creation progresses but at this point it just looks like TNT is trying to ride the wave of recent superhero show success rather than invest good writing and ideas into a new series.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@starbrand1: You misspelled stupid. I'm sorry I can't help pointing it out. I have a problem.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: People who do that usually don't have anything interesting to say.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By nappystr8

Interesting team choices, almost feels more like a revamped Birds of Prey. Still all are great characters who deserve to be seen in live action. Especially looking forward to seeing Starfire. I really hope this show is good.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@starbrand1: Well maybe just use a spell check cause calling something stupid while misspelling the word stupid is nearly the definition of irony and there are going to be people like me with a compulsion to point it out.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

@grim said:
    @sentryman555 said:

yes they can. Flash is (possibly) being doubled too. They own the rights and can do what they want

Where do you find out who has the rights to what? I figured Warner Bros. has the rights to Cyborg and wouldn't want anyone else to use him. Flash was probably in development before movie Flash was announced so I thought that's how they got around it.

CW (where Arrow and Flash are aired) is owned by Warner Brothers(the guys making the movies), who basically owns DC comics. WB and TNT (where Titans will air) are both owned by TIME WARNER.
    to further clarify: FOX doesn NOT have the rights to Gotham. WB created and produced the show, and then Fox agreed to air it. But Fox has no claim to Batman or anything outside of the broadcasting of that individual show for however long that contract lasts.

The flash show was in motion before the movie, but that wasnt a rights issue. WB owns the live action rights to both regardless of which came first. But WB's problem has been that they dont have a cohesive tv/movie universe like Marvel, so they try to just keep them completely separate and avoid overlapping characters.

so you're mostly right. WB doesnt want anyone to use their movie characters. But its technically THEM who would be using him. its really all Noland's fault, because he started this crap with his contract that didnt allow them to use Batman while he was making his movies. since then WB has really been in love with creating stand alone elseworld-style shows.

I used to be a DC, but its crap like this, combined with the new 52, that drove me away.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool but no Beastboy? Seriously??

selfproclaimed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im looking forward for it to be a great show and i hope the show isn't going to be influenced by the new 52 version of Teen Titans

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grim said:

@sentryman555 said:

@grim said:
    @sentryman555 said:

CW (where Arrow and Flash are aired) is owned by Warner Brothers(the guys making the movies), who basically owns DC comics. WB and TNT (where Titans will air) are both owned by TIME WARNER.

to further clarify: FOX doesn NOT have the rights to Gotham. WB created and produced the show, and then Fox agreed to air it. But Fox has no claim to Batman or anything outside of the broadcasting of that individual show for however long that contract lasts.

The flash show was in motion before the movie, but that wasnt a rights issue. WB owns the live action rights to both regardless of which came first. But WB's problem has been that they dont have a cohesive tv/movie universe like Marvel, so they try to just keep them completely separate and avoid overlapping characters.

so you're mostly right. WB doesnt want anyone to use their movie characters. But its technically THEM who would be using him. its really all Noland's fault, because he started this crap with his contract that didnt allow them to use Batman while he was making his movies. since then WB has really been in love with creating stand alone elseworld-style shows.

I used to be a DC, but its crap like this, combined with the new 52, that drove me away.

I didn't know it was Nolan that started the whole no batman on tv thing. That really sucks. If it's not a rights issue then yeah it's just stupid that Cyborg, at least, isn't in it.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By StarBrand1

@joshmightbe:

Clearly it makes you feel better, and thats good for you.

someone accidently misspelling a word they typed on a crappy phone is your trigger for your douche-ness, thats hillarious.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

@sentryman555: yeah. part of his contract was that he got full control of live action Bats while he was making his trilogy or something. Its more or less why Green Arrow has been a place holder for him in tv.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would guess that Arsenal is out because he is in Arrow and Wally probably because of the Flash series.

Gath is probably out because of the same reason he was made to a part time member in the comics (not very usefull out of the water) or because they don't want Atlantis in the show or because of the Aquaman Movie or because they underwater sceences are to expensive.

And they probably didn't use Donna because they don't want the Amazons in the show or because of the Wonder Woman Film.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#120  Edited By black_wreath

I'm guessing Hawk or Dove will be race-changed for diversity. Though Starfire can obviously be played by an actress of any ethnicity, Dick and Barbara are pretty famously white and even though she recently Native American non-canon, I would be surprised if Raven was anything but white (a character fighting their inherently evil nature while also representing a minority may not garner the ideal kind of publicity and though I don't have channel in my country I've heard TNT is kinda PC).

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wonder how they will solve the problem with the power difference between Nightwing and the rest of the team.

Even in the 80s New Teen Titans comics he was out of his league when any villain showed up that was really threatening the team, and he had his biggest moments when he did solo detective stuff. And putting Barbara on Team they will further reduce his role.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@street_level_hero said:

No diversity whatsoever. Boo.

The only thing in comics that connects Raven to Judaism is the Roth surname... which to Raven is an alias. I've read the net article about Raven's possible link to Judaism, but it's never been mentioned in comics to be the case. And considering her upbringing, it wouldn't make sense if she was, assuming minimal rewriting of her origins enters the show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.