Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8830 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

A Wonder Woman Video Game: Why It Could Be Awesome

• 88 results
    Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@perfect_10: Hey you never know, now that Geoff Johns is getting all buddy buddy with Rocksteady he could have say over other characters getting games, and since comic creators visit this site he may see this and say "Hey guys, let's make a Wonder Woman game" The chances are slim, but the fact that we have someone on our side in gaming at all means we may be seeing more comic based video games in the future.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I really Just want a Arkham Style-Justice League trilogy game instead of just chacrters.

That way we can satisfy everyone

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By NightFang3

Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Justice League need good games!

Techherofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Techherofan

Only characters that should get their own solo games are Aquaman,Superman,Wonder Woman,Flash,and Green Lantern the other DC characters should just be in dungeon crawler type games .Mainly because those five have a rich history of solo titles and story arcs to pull from where as the rest would work better in a multi player co-op game.

PS Batman wasn't included because he already has a great solo game series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@stmichalofwilson:

Wonder Woman has lot of untap potencial and nice origin/ themes and villains, you can good show, films and game.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@buttersdaman000: You wouldn't want to dial them down though, the whole draw is having all the power of Wonder Woman in a game.

Well, you're gonna have to dial it down unless you want casual blows capable of shattering mountains. She can still have all her powers, just to a lesser degree. Power on the level she has in the comics simply won't translate well in a game. I mean, even DBZ characters are toned down in their games.

They could always make the AI very powerful instead of scaling down her abilites.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By buttersdaman000

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@buttersdaman000: You wouldn't want to dial them down though, the whole draw is having all the power of Wonder Woman in a game.

Well, you're gonna have to dial it down unless you want casual blows capable of shattering mountains. She can still have all her powers, just to a lesser degree. Power on the level she has in the comics simply won't translate well in a game. I mean, even DBZ characters are toned down in their games.

They could always make the AI very powerful instead of scaling down her abilites.

The AI isn't the issue. You can't have a Wonder Woman as powerful as she is in the comics, while also limiting her to game mechanics. How do you even portray light speed movement, and mountain shattering punches in a game? If the game claimed a full power Wonder Woman I better be able to knock enemies into space when I feel like, bust down mountains and structures at a whim, engage in fights that can easily cross countries (especially if the game claimed grunt AI was on her level), and move pretty much as fast as I want where ever I want.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @k4tzm4n said:

@superguy1591 said:

We can't even get a Superman game, but you think a developer would take on Wonder Woman? Only Batman gets games, people.

Creating a good Superman game is waaaaaaaay more challenging. Wonder Woman manages to take some of the things a Superman game could do well (strength, flight), throw in a great melee combat system, and put it all in a fantasy setting. Also, the article isn't trying to say it's likely, just why it could be awesome. A man can dream, right? If the movie gets a lot of hype, it could make this more probable. But then it's a matter of whether they want to create a great game or focus on getting something out there around the same time the movie opens. Anyway, the potential is there and I thought that was worth talking about, especially since she's our Character of the Month.

Oh yes, a fine explanation sir! Not that I'm saying a Superman game couldn't work, but the universe and even Diana's personality and combat style is so much more fine tuned for gaming.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I would love to see a WW game. But if it ever gets made, Susan Eisenburg must reprise her role.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#61 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Awesome article! I had a very similar idea while back when Arkham Aslyum came out. I want this game more than anything right now. Well....Metal Gear Solid V is still at the top, but this is a close second!

Thanks for putting so much thought into this! You always write my favorite editorials!

Thanks for actually reading it!

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC Universe was decent. Circe was the main villain for Diana which was interesting. I would love for her to have a video game.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@outside_85: Because neither of these games is about Wonder Woman. You didn't understand my point. What JL accomplishes is that it gets people interested in the character of Wonder Woman. The more interest there is, the more care and attention will be given to the character, which means the stronger the experience will be. Just like Kaz said, it's about feeling as if you are the character. A JL game can do for WW what MUA did for Deadpool, and now he has his own game purely out of popularity, and you know what, while it doesn't compete with Arkham games, it did manage to "get" the character and it was generally well received. Throwing a WW game on the market like that won't really do much besides being just another super-hero game that one will care about. But JL game can tell the fans "this character known as Wonder Woman, you can really have fun playing a game with her".

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

@dernman said:

@captainmarvel4ever:

Have Superman on Warworld fighting superpowered aliens in a contest where he has to win or Earth gets blown up and boom you got a game.

Put Superman on Apocalypse trying to escape Darksied's legions or he will be turned into a mind controlled minion and you got a game.

Put Superman in a bottled city Metropolis fighting Brainiac drones and you got a game.

Mechanics can be done and with a little imagination a good story could be done. I don't know why people say it can't.

WW would be even easier to do.

A Superman vs Darkseid/Brainiac boss battle would be so epic

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#65  Edited By Outside_85

@anjales: You misunderstand. No one knew anything about Kratos before he appeared in GoW (like 95% of every videogame protagonist), he didn't even exist, but his game was good enough for him to get more. Diana does not need a JL game before getting her own.

Make a great game with WW in it and it will sell just fine on it's own.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Ah but you see here's the thing, people actually know WW yet don't care about her, while Kratos, who is a new character came with hype and intrigue, and there were no preconceptions about the character that held him down. This was a new charaacter that came with a lot of hype and delivered, while WW, people have this idea that she's just a "fmale superman" or just another super-hero, so there's really no intrigue. A JL game can show the world what WW is all about and give it a test run, once it catches is on, she gets her own game. Again, see the MUA/DP example.

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd like a Wonder Woman game.

If we can get a game about a limo driver who only drives in spins we can get a Wondie game.

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WB Games can makes excellent Shadow of Mordor video games, so the world is ready for Wonder Woman games

Was just gonna say, been playin a lot of Shadow of Mordor and more games like it would be awesome. It's a lot like the Arkham games. And a WW game with similar mechanics would be sick.

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By fps_dean

A well done Wonder Woman video game could be great advertising for the movie too...

One thing that I can think of that WW would bring to a video game is training modes. She trains with fellow Amazons, so side missions and training missions would be cool!. Then she can fight bosses in cities or fight Hades in hell, or the First Born in Olympus... lots they can do with her storyline and also with the toys she has available like the invisible jet, lasso of truth, etc.

Now, they very well may make a video game to follow the movie, but video games based off of movies are always downright awful! The only exception I can think of was Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64 and that was how many years ago?

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How fun, I hope it happens. The idea of melee combat with dual bracelet swords is pretty appealing. Maybe Diana could start at Paradise Island, fight some Nazi mooks as Wonder Woman '77 (no swords, no flying, Amazon strength), then progress through pre- and post-New 52 powers and equipment to fight the entire pantheon of Greek gods and monsters.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RustyRoy

Would love to see a WW game, also a Flash, Superman, Aquaman and GLC game. Maybe after the movie when they prove that they're profitable.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be all over this. Hopefully something is in the works, to coincide with the film.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Outside_85

@anjales: You are probably the first person I've come across that seem to think Diana is in the same boat as Aquaman. :)

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n Yes please, screw a Superman game. I mean nothing yells or screams interesting more than a fantasy action-adventure Wonder Woman video game developed by Rocksteady Studios. Also, DLC playable characters could be honorary Amazons such as lil' sis Donna Troy, Supergirl, Starfire and her niece, Wonder Girl. Also Circe would be another great major antagonist for the game. See what you have done? Gotten me all excited. But seriously though, I think you should find a way to forward this great article of yours to DC Comics Entertainment HQ and Rocksteady Studios. And also make a petition. I'm very serious about this.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just completely "ripoff" god of war and you got a hit

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: heh well i'm only speaking in terms of mainstream audience, and they are in the same boat in terms of the fact that most people don't see them as the badasses they really are. The difference is with Aquaman they think he's a joke while WW, well they just don't care. But WW is a more salvageable case because all she needs is attention to her abilities and histories.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this idea. Let's do it.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want good Superman Game and Justice League.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
    deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nukea6: Imagining a WW game by Platinum. That would be spectacular.

deathcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see a Wonder Woman game with the same polish and quality as the Arkham City Batmans. Everyone needs to tweet @RocksteadyGames that they want to see this happen! They will probably do it if there is enough demand.

Otherwise, we have Injustice 2 to look forward to in 2016/17.

deathcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deathcom

@blackcobalt: Platinum would be an excellent choice as well. But two things, they like their own IPs, and their brand of story telling may not work right for Diana. Who ever makes a Wonder Woman game will probably be someone who already works closely with WB.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

@outside_85: Because neither of these games is about Wonder Woman. You didn't understand my point. What JL accomplishes is that it gets people interested in the character of Wonder Woman. The more interest there is, the more care and attention will be given to the character, which means the stronger the experience will be. Just like Kaz said, it's about feeling as if you are the character. A JL game can do for WW what MUA did for Deadpool, and now he has his own game purely out of popularity, and you know what, while it doesn't compete with Arkham games, it did manage to "get" the character and it was generally well received. Throwing a WW game on the market like that won't really do much besides being just another super-hero game that one will care about. But JL game can tell the fans "this character known as Wonder Woman, you can really have fun playing a game with her".

Marvel Ultimate Alliance did very little for Deadpool as he was still relatively unknown to non-comic readers. If anything, it was MvC3 who made him popular.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Never gonna happen, she is not Batman. Batman gets majority of the focus and everyone else be damn. Although hands down her game would destroy everyone's else why? God of war. She is the goddess of war and one of the best melee fighter and tacticians in the dc universe, not to mention she has Circe as an enemy.Her entire series could be base off Circe trying to become queen of Olympus and Wonder Woman has to stop her. You can even include multiple futures like domination, capture the flag, and death matches these cater to her war persona. To sum it up you can combine ever feature of a call of duty game,God of War, and even Skyrim to make her game and it would flow perfectly.

Gaztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gameplay mechanic I keep picturing in my mind is a bullet time type slowdown, one that would be especially useful when paired with Diana's gear. You manage to lasso an enemy? You get a sec to check out the environment and swipe the thumbstick left/up, right, then down before pressing X. The lassoed enemy then flies up into the rack of pikes, before being thrown into his buddies, and finally pulled in for the waiting punch. You're ambushed by a bunch of ranged weapon users? Turn on the Speed of Hermes or whatever we call and bring up the bracelets. Now you can see each stream of fire coming in and move your block into place. The combo with the tiara could be ricochet shots.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales said:

@outside_85: heh well i'm only speaking in terms of mainstream audience, and they are in the same boat in terms of the fact that most people don't see them as the badasses they really are. The difference is with Aquaman they think he's a joke while WW, well they just don't care. But WW is a more salvageable case because all she needs is attention to her abilities and histories.

The problem is that you link the standing and falling of the game with Diana's name. As in 'Put WW on the cover of the game' people walk away.

Thats not going to be solved by putting her in a JLA game first, even if her part of the game is great, you will still only have converted those skeptics that actually played that part and are willing to buy another game with that part (and get the same people to make both), which I think is going to be very small.

A more problematic side of a WW game is how DC has marketed her over the years; almost exclusively to pre-teen girls who dont read the comics. This is a problem because those girls are in for a nasty surprise if a WW game is aimed at comic readers and gamers rather than them, which will cause a backlash from the parents that couldn't be bothered reading beyond the title on the box.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman would be perfect for a video game. Her fighting style can be easily translated (unlike Superman), and she has some awesome rogues (Ares, Circe, Cheetah) and supporting characters that would make the story fun and enriching. Rocksteady could revitalize her franchise and mythology and expand her fanbase to a new group of people.

Also like in Arkham City where we were able to play as Catwoman, it would be cool if we could do missions as Steve Trevor.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: Meh all the more reason to make a game. Believe it or not, Arkham Asylum was actually a gamble, but it was one that paid off and pushed Batman further into the spotlight.

Before Arkham Asylum there were a lot of Batman games but none of them were any good. They called it the "Batman Curse" because in theory he was the perfect character to base a game off of but for some reason all his games ended up sucking. Of course Arkham Asylum did away with that curse.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looks like it finally a reality

Avatar image for universeprodigy
    UniverseProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R rated WW game would be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.