Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8882 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman faster than Superman?

• 108 results
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

In the recent Justice League comic, there is a scene where Wonder Woman is stating to Superman that she is faster because she doesn't need to think before she reacts. This reminds me of Bruce Lee's philosophy of Jeet Kune Do where he states that "your movements should be instinct".

Based on this, do you think she could be faster?

I say yes.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By G'bandit

I doubt it.. I mean Superman may take many hits and all but the reason is that they don't hurt and it help him feed his ego to look cool like: "Oh look at me I'm freaking indestructible. Look at my shorts outside my pants" yea, sups is suppose to be the faster. if he is fast enough to dodge Flash's punch he should be fast enough to hit back.

by the way.. what is the big deal of WW been able to block bullets? I mean Flash can dodge them, Superman can just stand there and let the bullet hit his eye. big deal.. she needs a star print G string.....yea....

walks out

Spider-Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spider-Hunter

I don't quite think she was talking about moving over distances but more like reflexes. Even the way you said it makes me think that she can infact react faster but that doesn't mean he still can't run or fly faster. One could say her nerve ending send signals faster than his but his body can release more energy for flight than she can. For example a cat may have better reaction time than a horse but that horse will out run the cat any day

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hadrelius
    Spider-Hunter said:
    "I don't quite think she was talking about moving over distances but more like reflexes. Even the way you said it makes me think that she can infact react faster but that doesn't mean he still can't run or fly faster. One could say her nerve ending send signals faster than his but his body can release more energy for flight than she can. For example a cat may have better reaction time than a horse but that horse will out run the cat any day"

Yes. I'm talking about reflexes.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AtPhantom

They are basically the same speed level, only she has training and he doesn't. But still, all she said is just speculation, we didn't exactly get any proof of that. I think if supes went all out, he would still be faster than her.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hadrelius
    AtPhantom said:
    "They are basically the same speed level, only she has training and he doesn't. But still, all she said is just speculation, we didn't exactly get any proof of that. I think if supes went all out, he would still be faster than her."
    But based on the notion of speed vs speed without thought, I think that what she lacks, she would make up with instinct.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom

Possibly, but like I said, this is just speculation, even in the comic.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By G'bandit

If he is superman he is suppose to do all that a human being can do, but better. So if he has super speed and a variety of vision and can make hurricanes by blowing, I think his reflexes are suppose to be just as devastating.. in other word they should be super human reflexes

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hadrelius
    G'bandit said:
    "If he is superman he is suppose to do all that a human being can do, but better. So if he has super speed and a variety of vision and can make hurricanes by blowing, I think his reflexes are suppose to be just as devastating.. in other word they should be super human reflexes"
    I know he has super speed, never seen it stated that he has super reflexes.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By G'bandit

to be able to see at such speed and to react to a object in the way or to dodge a incoming projectile he must have some over develop reflexes, I mean he can go toe to toe with flash and is obvious that for flash to run at such speed he needs some sort of reflex. If he is running at the speed of sound that is how hard he is going to crash against a object If he does not keep his senses sharp is it not?

If not we will have Wally West soup soon :P

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom
    Alpha said:
    "G'bandit said:
    "If he is superman he is suppose to do all that a human being can do, but better. So if he has super speed and a variety of vision and can make hurricanes by blowing, I think his reflexes are suppose to be just as devastating.. in other word they should be super human reflexes"
    I know he has super speed, never seen it stated that he has super reflexes."
    Of course he has super human reflexes, speed without reflexes isn't good much.

They both have kick ass reflexes.
    Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hawk

Her first reaction might be faster......but he will catch and pass her. So off the line wonder women might win........till a nanosecond later Superman passes her.

Clint Barton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clint Barton

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
    Its possible Diana does have better reflexes than Kal - El
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hadrelius
    AtPhantom said:
    "Alpha said:
    "G'bandit said:
    I know he has super speed, never seen it stated that he has super reflexes."
    Of course he has super human reflexes, speed without reflexes isn't good much.

They both have kick ass reflexes."

Does Spiderman have super speed or just super reflexes?
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom

Both, one doesn't go without the other,

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the creator
    Alpha said:
    Does Spiderman have super speed or just super reflexes?"

It depends upon your definition of Super Speed.
    If Super Speed covers things like performing other activities faster than a normal human i.e. throwing a punch, drawing a picture, hell even making a sandwich, then I don't think he has that much super speed.
    Spiderman can run faster than a normal human and throw punches faster than a normal human but I have not seen him consistently perform other actions that are not simple physical actions faster than a normal human.
    He has super human reflex speed and this is typically quoted at 15x of a normal human.
    He percieves activities around him slower due to his heightened reflex speed but this does not seem to carry over in to his other actions - like thinking through a complex math problem or writing a letter.
    Super speed seems to be a much wider apllication than just physical actions.
    In this sense the Flash, who is one of the clearest examples of a being with super speed, can perform virtually any activity at super speed as all his functions are heightened.

Wonder Woman and Superman can accelerate their perceptions and thought processes (with an accompanying increase in physical speed) like the Flash does.
    They are not able to operate as fast or for as long a time at this heightened level as the Flash but they can both duplicate some of his feats.
    This includes uping their mental speed and physical speed in the fraction of a second. This then grants them super speed and super refelex speed.

As to who is faster between the 2, I think that I would look to some of their battles for at least some guidance.

For me, Superman is still the quicker but she is a fairly close second.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Unbelonger
    Clint Barton said:
    "

"
    This looks like a Gatchaman ripoff.

zzzzzz

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd love it if it where true. But its never been depicted that she's faster then Superman. I'm not talking about flight speed either. I'm talking about reaction/reflex time.the creator said:

"Alpha said:
    Does Spiderman have super speed or just super reflexes?"

It depends upon your definition of Super Speed.
    If Super Speed covers things like performing other activities faster than a normal human i.e. throwing a punch, drawing a picture, hell even making a sandwich, then I don't think he has that much super speed.
    Spiderman can run faster than a normal human and throw punches faster than a normal human but I have not seen him consistently perform other actions that are not simple physical actions faster than a normal human.
    He has super human reflex speed and this is typically quoted at 15x of a normal human.
    He percieves activities around him slower due to his heightened reflex speed but this does not seem to carry over in to his other actions - like thinking through a complex math problem or writing a letter.
    Super speed seems to be a much wider apllication than just physical actions.
    In this sense the Flash, who is one of the clearest examples of a being with super speed, can perform virtually any activity at super speed as all his functions are heightened.

Wonder Woman and Superman can accelerate their perceptions and thought processes (with an accompanying increase in physical speed) like the Flash does.
    They are not able to operate as fast or for as long a time at this heightened level as the Flash but they can both duplicate some of his feats.
    This includes uping their mental speed and physical speed in the fraction of a second. This then grants them super speed and super refelex speed.

As to who is faster between the 2, I think that I would look to some of their battles for at least some guidance.

For me, Superman is still the quicker but she is a fairly close second.

"
    nice post
    the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the creator
    Gambler said:

nice post
    Thanks.
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Calvin

I believe Superman is physically faster but Diana reflexes are faster than his, as such in a fight she will react faster than him.
    Also Batman says she's faster and he know better than I do, so I'll go with the expert's opinion.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Because it's too close to tell, I choose Wonder Woman. :)

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AtPhantom

Even if it were true, it would still be a very narrow margin. So far they have been shown to be equal enough in any speed/reflex feats...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By Erik

Every single time they have ever fought, Wonder Woman states that he is better than her in every way as far as powers are concerned. She always has to outthink him, out fight him, and use magic. She could not beat him in a foot race.

Avatar image for ralphcamp_bellsouth_net
    ralphcamp@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ralphcamp@
    G'bandit said:
     what is the big deal of WW been able to block bullets? I mean Flash can dodge them, Superman can just stand there and let the bullet hit his eye. big deal.. she needs a star print G string.....yea....

its a huge deal, i seem to recall that in the movie that super man got beat by villains cuz he had a bunch uv flashes WW  could have saved the building if she were there!!

morgadc1887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If his travel speed is massively greater, his combat speed should be as well, superman is much faster all around

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
    deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This WW wank is out of control. Hop of her nuts.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If his travel speed is massively greater, his combat speed should be as well, superman is much faster all around

by that logic Usain Bolt should have faster combat speed than Bruce Lee

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By brucerogers

Superman, by feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

Somebody bumping an 8 year old thread to suggest she can't keep up with Superman in a fight with literally 0 proof seems fishy to me

Someone having a different opinion, on an old thread means they're insecure? Yeah, it has nothing to do with him, but your horrible attitude towards people who disagree with you.

What are you even doing in a forum of a character you don't like?

I like Wonder Woman. But her fanbase is cancer.

This person is coming to WW forum to call us fanboys and wankers

No, I didn't come here to call you that. But I saw you wanking, I called you a wanker, probably shouldn't of. But it doesn't mean it isn't true. But again, I pose the same question.

Why is someone having a different opinion mean they're insecure? You seem rather insecure, needing your fellow people who constantly wank., to make your points feel adequate, despite them being subpar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

I didn't even said anything about WW and SM. So how did i wank anything?

You constantly wank WW in all of her threads.

I do think SM is faster than her. But she has the reflexes to keep up in a fight.

No one said otherwise.

WW fanbase is cancer?. Why?. We have to deal with detractors coming to her page all the time.

You guys are usually detracting from others, Hulk, Thor, etc. etc. If you want more examples, just PM me.

I have only touched a few battle threads with her for the first time in MONTHS.

Your point? I've seen you everywhere, wanking the hell out of her.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Archizooom

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good" - Charlotte Whitton

This is very true re Wonder Woman, no matter how much ass-kicking Wonder Woman does, she loses one and it's all people remember. You know that time Wonder Woman admitted she couldn't take Superman in an elseworlds novel called League of One 17 years ago…that's the quote that gets bandied about on youtube all the time. Then you reply saying that she's bested kryptonians on multiple occasions and they're like "nah, that's just pandering" and they chalk it up to feminism

Furthermore, ever since Wonder Woman hurt her hand punching Mongul in For a Man that Has Everything, I noticed that she can't or usually doesn't fight the likes of Doomsday bare-knuckled, they chew her up and spit her out

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats Wonder Woman's Reflexes and Combat Speed makes her way faster than Superman in that SPECIFIC department. Also due to the fact she is a Warrior breaded to fight. Superman is not. In terms of Traveling Speed by feats Superman takes it hands down.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats Wonder Woman's Reflexes and Combat Speed makes her way faster than Superman in that SPECIFIC department. Also due to the fact she is a Warrior breaded to fight. Superman is not. In terms of Traveling Speed by feats Superman takes it hands down.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By masterwitcher88

@tedirey said:

^^^

Yup. That pretty much settles that. But if I'll have my way, she SHOULD be faster than Superman in travel speed too because she has the speed of the god Hermes.

Hermes is powered by the godwave. The speed force is just a mere aspect of the godwave.

Oh well.

Agree with this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Superman has combat speed feats of blitzing and perceiving at FTL speeds and has reacted in nanoseconds where the speed of light can only move at one foot per nanosecond. Whilst the Shattered God feat is impressive, it can be hard to quantify. Plus both have reacted and perceived Flashes but only Superman has perceived them moving at confirmed superluminal speeds. At best they're equal in combat and reaction speed although Superman has the better and more consistent feats.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By brucerogers

This thread...

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nah. Some writers may try to sell you on that but when you start playing big bank take little bank with actual feats, Kal's head and shoulders above Diana.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.