Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13422 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

My X Men Team

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

I've seen alot of people do there own versions of X Men team, it looks cool and i have had several ideas in the past so i figured i would jump in just a bit.

My team would be one that basically showed the growth of the team, dropping all the traditional big names for up and coming ones that should of been given more of a spot light in the last few years, i welcome whatever you want to reply with :D tell me how bad it would be or how my team sucks or if you like it or what i should add, i mean it's not like i could stop you if i wanted too lol :D

Team leader: Cannonball

No Caption Provided

Sam would finally grow into the leader he was in AoX, and was always meant to be. He would come into the story to the aid of his sister, and take over the group from there. He would be more confident, and use his new found ties to the Avengers to help his team work along side Human Kind, and seperate from the current family squabble of Cyclops and Wolverine

Tank: Husk

No Caption Provided

Paige always aspired to be a great X man, she had lost her way recently and control of her powers too. The first arc would be an climax of this story (that seems to be just written off) where after leaving the school she gets into a little trouble, when her friends and brother comes to save her they would undiscover a great threat to mutant kind. This team would take up the task of solving it themselves not fully trusting either wolverine or cyclops to handle it properly. As far as Husk goes, she would be the tank and take alot of the damage with her ability, pushing it to its limits and becoming the X man she always wanted to be.

Fighter: Warpath

No Caption Provided

he has some durability but not as much as Husk could potentially have, but thats ok his role wouldn't be taking damage in this team as much as dishing it out. He would be recruited by Sam towards the start of the first arc to help "track" husk, they have history from the times in X Force together so it would make sense, also could build on former history

Blaster: Boom Boom

No Caption Provided

We would revisit her history with Sam, and the fact that it showed her and Husk as fairly close during Husk's introduction pre Gen X, her personality brings some fun to the comic and yet she still has alot of depth to explore, and her power is just awesome.

Telepath: Chamber

No Caption Provided

He would at last achieve his full potential, allowing him to fly and use his telepathically a bit more (still not on the levels of real telepaths but enough to fill a role from time to time) plus his relationship with Husk could be explored a bit more, he would be the one who first discovers Husk is in trouble (being at the school and all that) and brings it to Sam to start the story off.

So yea thats my 5, at least to start off, add and subract as time goes on blah blah, so go ahead rip, post reply away :D

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#2  Edited By time1

cool team, where is the picture of Boom Boom from. I would add Dani Moonstar to the team as well.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Chemistry between these characters would work, you should post some more teams.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McKlayn

@time said:

cool team, where is the picture of Boom Boom from. I would add Dani Moonstar to the team as well.

I thought about Dani, and i Like her but i pulled her out because when ever her and Sam are both on the same team there seem to be conflict over who is in charge, and i want to avoid that. I think that is half the reason why they have shown Sam kind of fail as leader, he is around his 'friends' and have trouble exerting himself over them. He never seemed to have that problem with Boom Boom (he was for sure the best decision maker in that couple) & him and war path (from how i recall) where never that close, warpath was also there when he ran X force in cable's steed (dani wasn't she was all MLF and shit lol) the other two are younger then him, it should Paige like idolize him and she talked about him enough to Jono he should at least respect him lol

@time said:

Chemistry between these characters would work, you should post some more teams.

Thank you, i think Chemistry is very important to a team, i also hate that people just abuse all the big names for ratings so i try not to :D

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@mcklayn: I like this team a lot, actually.

If I had any criticism, it would be that it seems a little too small, and the relationships seem like they might be a little too insular because of that. A few more wildcard characters would probably help that.

I can totally see why you would shy away from having Moonstar on this team; but I think Karma would be cool, even as just a satellite member. Monet would be another character I'd be interested in seeing with this group, if she's not dead.

If you were going to add a few more characters to those five, who would you most like to see?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Veitha

Very cool team, I like it! You should add some more members and it would be perfect for a comic book

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I like this team a lot, actually.

If I had any criticism, it would be that it seems a little too small, and the relationships seem like they might be a little too insular because of that. A few more wildcard characters would probably help that.

I can totally see why you would shy away from having Moonstar on this team; but I think Karma would be cool, even as just a satellite member. Monet would be another character I'd be interested in seeing with this group, if she's not dead.

If you were going to add a few more characters to those five, who would you most like to see?

@veitha said:

Very cool team, I like it! You should add some more members and it would be perfect for a comic book

The Reason why it was smaller was basically to ensure everyone has plenty of spot light and character development i hate when you have the larger teams and characters always turn into wall flowers are get lost in the shuffle, as for what other characters i would like to add there are Alot actually

Karma would be interesting especially considering the History with some of the members, as well as Monet (again if shes not Dead) Jubes would be great even as a vampire (although i tried to stray away from characters who are truely being heavily used in the MU atm and the new X men title is suppose to focus on her alot)

As far as wild Cards, whose better then Gambit? I really think hes underused at the moment in the Marvel U and i would love to see him play a big role on a team (although his solo title has been very good) and I would love to see Frenzy continue as an X man in some title, as well as Armor (loved her power lol) Sage is a great character i would love to be used more and could fill a much needed niche in this team actually, Prodigy would also be good in a role such as that, longshot (since X factor is going away) or 616 Mimic he has so much potential and hasnt ever really been used for anything other then an arc here or there

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

Karma would be interesting especially considering the History with some of the members, as well as Monet (again if shes not Dead) Jubes would be great even as a vampire (although i tried to stray away from characters who are truely being heavily used in the MU atm and the new X men title is suppose to focus on her alot)

I got that sense, which is the only reason I didn't suggest Jubilee myself; I personally think she'd be great with a team like this! But, yeah, definitely Karma and/or Monet could work really well.

As far as wild Cards, whose better then Gambit? I really think hes underused at the moment in the Marvel U and i would love to see him play a big role on a team (although his solo title has been very good) and I would love to see Frenzy continue as an X man in some title, as well as Armor (loved her power lol) Sage is a great character i would love to be used more and could fill a much needed niche in this team actually, Prodigy would also be good in a role such as that, longshot (since X factor is going away) or 616 Mimic he has so much potential and hasnt ever really been used for anything other then an arc here or there

I actually thought of suggesting both Gambit and Prodigy, but I wasn't sure how they would be tied to this group. Although, at least in the case of Gambit, he could be a satellite member or wildcard; though I could somehow see him working more if Jubilee was on this team. Or Sage, she would definitely be another interesting choice.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No, thanks.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That is actually the same team I picked for one of mine

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I didnt have Warpath. But I had Cannonball, Dani Moonstar, Chamber, Husk, Boom Boom, Marrow, and Rachel Grey

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good line-up.

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I think this team represents everything I've wanted to see since I started reading Generation X (sorry, too young for New Mutants): a team of graduated X-men. Granted, most of them have been on one incarnation of the team or another. But we've never gotten to watch the underclassmen take the reigns. I would start picking up a book that showcased this line-up or one similar.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mcklayn:

@hawk2916 said:

I didnt have Warpath. But I had Cannonball, Dani Moonstar, Chamber, Husk, Boom Boom, Marrow, and Rachel Grey

This sounds a lot better!!!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By McKlayn

@thefool said:

I think this team represents everything I've wanted to see since I started reading Generation X (sorry, too young for New Mutants): a team of graduated X-men. Granted, most of them have been on one incarnation of the team or another. But we've never gotten to watch the underclassmen take the reigns. I would start picking up a book that showcased this line-up or one similar.

thats pretty much what i was going for, thus why i kept most of the big names out of it

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@mcklayn: Well, There's also so much that can be done with the bulk if these characters. The writers haven't really explored the extent of powers for people like Cannonball, Chamber, or Husk since the 90s.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefool: exactly! these are characters i was looking forward to seeing becoming figure heads when i was reading in the 90's instead they fade into nothingness lol

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@thefool: exactly! these are characters i was looking forward to seeing becoming figure heads when i was reading in the 90's instead they fade into nothingness lol

yeah. The worst part of that, for me, is that I remember being pretty excited when most of these characters joined the team. but none of them really became the team, if you know what I mean.

Honestly, if you'd asked me in 1998 who I thought the X-men would be by now, 15 years later, I think I probably would have guessed something like

felliciaryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By felliciaryan

I have seen mostly people for collecting x men wolverine loving things like toys, books, games and costumes yes which wolverine character wore in x men series people are collecting in respecting and loving for wolverine: goo.gl/tZ9M13

No Caption Provided

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By McKlayn

I have seen mostly people for collecting x men wolverine loving things like toys, books, games and costumes yes which wolverine character wore in x men series people are collecting in respecting and loving for wolverine: goo.gl/tZ9M13

No Caption Provided

what?!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool team...and cool image of Boom Boom. Not bad what you have here...perhaps you want to add Siryn or M's twins. I don't think I have seen them recently. They need attention...

ahsanrashid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would read a book about this team=)

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samgee said:

Thank you, its been a while since ive been on this forum lol so good to see one of my threads replied to :D also cool im still 10th in posting

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @samgee said:

Thank you, its been a while since ive been on this forum lol so good to see one of my threads replied to :D also cool im still 10th in posting

But I am #1 and isn't that what everyone remembers most about the good old days of the X-Boards?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.