Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13422 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

The Trial of Hank Mccoy

• 117 results
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The Trial of Hank Mccoy (86 votes)

Guilty 66%
    Innoncent 22%
    Mistrial 14%

Since the character debate on Storm is going so "nicely" lets try one for some other X-Men starting with Beast.

Beast is an original X-Man, sometimes Avenger, an the teams go to science guy. But is he as much a good guy as he and the writers seem to think he is?

Consider the charges to be:

-Hypocrisy

- Arrogance

- Being immune to consequences

- Recklessness

- Becoming/Being a bad character/person

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me most of the charges can be summed up by 2 moments.

Telling Hope Summers that she should runaway from Utopia.

and

Bringing the 05 to the present

The Hope thing, was set in motion and by his dislike of Cyclops following the events of "Dark Reign" in which Dark Beast captured and tortured Hank for a period of at least a few days before the X-Men rescued him, despite knowing his location for an extended period. This lead to Beast departure from the team. The problem is that he wrote a letter advising a teenage girl who was just hunted across all time and then lost her father that the people she had just met, his former teammates, were dangerous.

He didn't know Hope, and she didn't know anyone and yet he decides to vent his frustrations by advising her that the leader of the group can't be trusted

The 05, situation involved Beast reacting to the news of the escaped Cyclops' aggressive actions in rescuing mutants by utilizing a time machine to travel back in time in order to bring Cyclops' past self face to face with his future.

The problem starts with the time travel, but once he gets their he tells them that Scott is taking a path that will lead to GENOCIDE which wasn't exactly accurate. After he has convinced them to come to the present however he doesn't force them to go back, more over because of a sickness he was concealing he doesn't appear to receive anything other then a slight reprimand.

So is Beast really that much of a good guy?

• 
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#101  Edited By McKlayn

@xargo said:

wow 67% guilty hank mccoy has changed since the let time i knew him

alot of things have changed for hank

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hank just needs a girlfriend(boyfriend?).

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Hank just needs a girlfriend(boyfriend?).

well he claimed to be gay during morrison's run only to say he was saying it to cause a stir and later showed that he clearly wasn't gay and since Bendis is no longer an X man writer I think we are safe to say Girlfriend

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Hank just needs a volume.

fixed....he also has a girlfriend..i think...I'm not sure if Agent Brand broke up with him for the tiger guy or not XX-Men

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @sprior93 said:

fixed....he also has a girlfriend..i think...I'm not sure if Agent Brand broke up with him for the tiger guy or not XX-Men

I like brand, so im cheering for tiger at this point lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
    @koays said:
    @sprior93 said:

didnt he try to kill Storm?

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at least the cartoons bother to stay inconsistent

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It is a shame that the "Trial of Hank Mccoy" Idea was glided over in Uncanny X-men #600

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a shame that the "Trial of Hank Mccoy" Idea was glided over in Uncanny X-men #600

Yes, I agree. I think the writer made a big mistake presenting the story in a '20/40/etc minutes before...' format, because I was more invested in what could have been mini-stories taking place after the "trial", but instead the entire event ended up feeling like nothing happened. The presentation of the story just felt boring.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:
    @mcklayn said:
    @koays said:
    @sprior93 said:

didnt he try to kill Storm?

well yea but hes not beast so <.< i mean hes not great but in comparison you know beast or tiger?? Lets go tiger

SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted guilty cos i simply hate Hank lol XD

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Koays

bump for new atrocities

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#113 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: Just started reading from issue 26 to 28. Beast really taking the cake so far.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Just started reading from issue 26 to 28. Beast really taking the cake so far.

Just saying if they had locked him up 9 years ago like I said, back when he first started acting funny this wouldn't be happening right now.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: This is the first time in a long time I’ve just sat and binged issues. This story is actually sucking me in. Hank went full heel. I know you don’t like Logan but I think watching Logan run through Beast again and again might be something we both can enjoy.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Lol I hope your getting some of the X-Force issues in as well as the Wolverine ones to truly get the picture. I may not be a fan of the metal boned gerbil guy but at this point when they finally put him down for good I'm gonna be smoking a cigar in a berserker rage t-shirt to celebrate.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 god_spawn  Moderator

@koays: I have a lot of X-Force to get caught up on. Little titles here and there but mostly the current X-Men title and this made me check Wolverine so I just ran through 6 issues like nothing lol. I’m all for it.

And fair, I’ll toast a pint with you, sir.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been out of the loop a bit since the Krokoa-Era started....what new pushed him to go full heel, or is it more of his O5 style "i know whats best and i dont need permission"

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been out of the loop a bit since the Krokoa-Era started....what new pushed him to go full heel, or is it more of his O5 style "i know whats best and i dont need permission"

Lmfao....he's using that exact same reasoning but to do more overtly evil over the top shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.